• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto-Kanto's Underground?

Will there be a new Underground?

• Yep

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • It's the same for me...

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • They're useless in Johto

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Adding an Underground would be a good chance to correct the flaw in the original of hard to find evolution stones in Gen II. Not only can you easily get the Gen I fossil pokemon, (And Gen III-IV once you get the National Dex possible) If it the Underground is kept exclusive to Johto, it could give people a reason to actively go back long after they gain access to Kanto and whatever else GameFreak adds.

Years
  • They will probably add the underground because there was no way to obtain fossil pokemon in GSC(except Aerodactly). Do you think that all of the fossils will be obtainable in the underground(like in D/P/P) or that just the Kanto's one?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I can hope that it makes a return, and brings some Wi-Fi capabilities with it. In D/P/P it was a great way to waste time while still doing something productive (treasure hunting). However, now that we're playing with two whole regions, the Underground would be huge.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I don't like it. maybe in kanto, but not in Johto. johto just kind of seemed like a new frontier, unexplored terretory. the only town that had any size was Golden rod, presumably because of the train there.

Everything in Johto seemed so unexplored, the podunk towns, ancient ruins with their secrets untouched, and so many areas that were unexplored and shrouded in mystery.

It seemed like a low-tech place.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Oh wow, I never would have noticed that. I would love to see a Johto-Kanto Underground area in the new games, it would be awesome.

Years
  • I wouldn't mind an underground actually. As long as it's not too hard to find the hikers. If they use the underground, I would like to see a map where they show where the hikers are to exchange items. I would love a Chikorita doll in my character's room. :) (I loved when my character's mom bought Charmander and Pikachu dolls. It was such a surprise.)

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    well the underground will be the same as diamond and peril so they can talk to each other
    that's why in platium the underground was the same

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I do think they'll add an underground just with the fact that they're trying to incorporate features that were introduced in later generations to enhance the game to be the best it can be.

The only thing I don't think would happen would be linking Johto and Kanto underground. I think there will probably be two completely different underground maps and layouts that are for Kanto and Johto.

Years
  • It seemed like a low-tech place.
    It's actually the other way around. Johto is the more developed than Hoenn and Kanto(not sure about Sinnoh), and its based on the urban parts of Japan rather than the countryside like Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    It's actually the other way around. Johto is the more developed than Hoenn and Kanto(not sure about Sinnoh), and its based on the urban parts of Japan rather than the countryside like Hoenn.

^ I agree.

The only thing that I can think would be "low tech" in the Johto region would be the Miltank farm outside Olivine City. Other than that, it must have been the graphics speaking to you and comparing them to that of later generations where color was playing a higher role in the games released.

Other than that, I can't see why you would say Johto was low tech compared to other regions.

Years
  • I'm REALLY hoping they keep out the underground this time around. I mean, FR/LG managed to be awesome WITHOUT having secret bases. However, if they want to include Secret Bases, why can't they have them like in R/S/E? I liked the SB feature in the third generation more than the fourth.

Years
  • I don't mean to upset anyone, but it kinda looks like those are lanterns that light up at night. It would be nice if there was an underground, though, but I'd rather put the decorations in my room instead of the secret base.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
  • Nah, I dont really need it in the remake. Especially since it's a pain in the ass to get fossils as it is. Give out something new and NOT an excuse to get a ghost/dark pkmn that can easily be replaced by Darkrai. :/

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they do choose to add in the underground, then I don't think it would connect the Kanto and Johto either. As stated above they might make two seperate maps, each having exclusive items to dig up as well perhaps...

To me it isn't a bad idea, and only means more to do in the game when bored ... [Like that'll ever happen xD]

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    It'd be cool if it likes with the underground shop in that city :)
    I'd also like to see hidden places with shops and NPCs that you can only get to by traveling underground in certain places :D

Years
  • Nah, I dont really need it in the remake. Especially since it's a pain in the ass to get fossils as it is
    There wasn't any to obtain fossils in GSC, so i think underground is better than nothing.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I think so, why else would the vents be there in the pic?
    It would be a great place to find fossils ;D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    An underground would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind not having it in the game but still it would be a nice new feature in the game.

Back