• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[July 2nd - Preview Release] Pokémon Skyblue

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Pokémon SkyBlue
    Adventure. Reborn!

Welcome to the Pokémon SkyBlue pre-showcase thread!

Pokémon SkyBlue is a new project made by me, Martin™, which has the goal to give player amusing and exciting experience while on adventure throughout completely new region.

This hack is already being worked on, and the progress goes pretty decently. But, I have decided that till I polish it up a bit more and have enough work done to release a Community Technical Preview (CTP), I will ask moderators to close this thread and I will open up a new one in Hacks Showcase forum.

Features

Shyuku - a new region for new adventure!

Introduction
    In the vast lands of Shyuku, there are many places to explore. It will be up to you to get through all of them!

Geography
    Shyuku's most appealing feature is close connection to Johto. Now, myths about Cianwood and the other land are gone, because Cianwood City is on the border line with Eastern Shyuku, and will be accessible in the later stages of the game.

Variety of environments

While travelling in Shyuku, you will see many different environments with many different Pokémon wandering around. Starting in northern lands, full of rain, then travelling through mountain ranges, getting around forests and beaches, and finally, seeing the cityscape!

New adventure - a story of hero!

Introduction
    You will fulfill many exciting quests, while getting to your most important task (which will be revaled later). You will experience almost classic start, but there will be a few twists to it - scripted from scratch. The start isn't everything, though. You will get a big portion of fun and excitement, you can be sure. From the technical side, there will be many new scripts, and there will be one great thing that will be kept secret until the time comes.

Diary of hero
    As you get to the town for the first time, you will make notes to the diary, looking around the town from a more interesting point of view.

The Great Shyuku History Book
    To know a bit from Shyuku's past and present times, you will see a bit from the Great Shyuku History Book.
    Spoiler:

Colorful wonders and natural growth - a new look for new places!

The game will be newly coloured, the places will have new, appealing design. You will soon see by yourself ;) PokéCenter and Pokémart palettes will be refreshed, outdoors will have more natural look. Everything will be designed to be as realistic as possible.

New tunes - musical experience!
    Spoiler:

Notes
    No release dates or dates of pre-releases will be given. If asked for one, it will be considered spam and reported.

No comments that aren't productive. I want constructive criticsm, but I don't want comments like "i like it keep it up" or "i hate this hack u sux". This will be reported as spam as well. If you want to write such comment, try to at least use grammar and punctuation.

Screenshots

Progress meter
    To make it easier for you to recognize, how far am I with this hack, here is a progress meter. Full bar would mean a CTP release.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    Current work: Post-feature preview - porting some music and recreating titlescreen, fixing known issues from the release

Cheers!

NEW! Release Centre
    On July 2nd, a feature preview was posted for public.

Information
    Distribution format: IPS
    ROM to be patched on: FireRed (U) - not provided
    Gameplay length (confirmed by thethethethe): Approximately 5 minutes

Purpose of the preview: To show new features such as completely rescripted and automated beginning,
    fake Dive feature, new maps and Pokémon locations etc.

Download

You may download the preview from here - Attachment

Conclusion
    Now, I hope you have enjoyed reading through this thread, and I hope you will give some feedback.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hoho now this is a hack. Good luck with it also whats a ctp? And you got some strick rules there but hey your smart enough to be tough. Why didnt you put it in the showcase from the beggining?

Years
    this hack looks awsome love your snow tiles and love the snow falling down this is a really good hack i cant wait till this game comes out good luck on this hack

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Hoho now this is a hack. Good luck with it also whats a ctp? And you got some strick rules there but hey your smart enough to be tough. Why didnt you put it in the showcase from the beggining?
    Community Technical Preview. It's in the post.

Martin, I love the professionalism in the presentation. The story is intriguing. I'll keep an eye on this one.

The only thing I can find fault with are the graphics; flowers, in the snow? Surely not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Well, I just want to keep it apart from other hacks for a while cause I am leaving for five days and so I wouldn't have time for updates, plus, there is no preview release for now.

this hack looks awsome love your snow tiles and love the snow falling down this is a really good hack i cant wait till this game comes out good luck on this hack
    Thank you. The snow tiles were a work of palette changes and replacing whole Pallet town tileset.

Community Technical Preview. It's in the post.

Martin, I love the professionalism in the presentation. The story is intriguing. I'll keep an eye on this one.

The only thing I can find fault with are the graphics; flowers, in the snow? Surely not.
    Well, I was thinking to put in a thing that will freshen up the place a bit... because there is virtually nothing intersting on the snow ;) But a hint on a suitable replacement for them would be really nice, indeed.

Martin, i like the idea of having many different enviroment...and intrested in seeing how the diary part goes

good luck wif ur hack !!
    Thanks. You can see on the screenshot, that there isn't player on the camera. It's the camera movement script that will execute when you come to the town or city for the first time.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh so wait every time you go in a new city the camera shifts around it so you can get a previw of it and then explore it? Also community techincal preview would be beta right?Also the eastern shyuku is basically saying cianwood is on a large landmass instead of a tiny island?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Nice hack yah got there!
    Cool!
    Thank you. I hope you will like it even more in later stages of development ;)

Oh so wait every time you go in a new city the camera shifts around it so you can get a previw of it and then explore it? Also community techincal preview would be beta right?Also the eastern shyuku is basically saying cianwood is on a large landmass instead of a tiny island?

Camera will go around only once, very first time you enter the city. And you are absolutely right, cianwood is on big landmass. And CTP will be more of an alpha release, with a very few features included.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
    are all the tiles going to be snowy styled?

I really like the hack. Can't wait to see those scripts in action. Keep it up.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The features sound really good, especially the diary one.
    The music part sounds good. It would sound nice to hear some other tunes rather than the same old boring ones. And, is every single part of this region snowy? Just a random question. Good luck with this mate. I'll be looking forward to this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Are all the tiles going to be snowy styled?

I really like the hack. Can't wait to see those scripts in action. Keep it up.

Well, thanks, Deric, you made my day beter - I am ill - -'

The features sound really good, especially the diary one.
    The music part sounds good. It would sound nice to hear some other tunes rather than the same old boring ones. And, is every single part of this region snowy? Just a random question. Good luck with this mate. I'll be looking forward to this.

Thanks. Just to inform, you will not be able to read the diary entries anywhere but the first time you enter the town.

For the northern Shyuku - snowland - there will be one or two Slovak carrols included, maybe more people know them. I am just making MIDIs. You may have a chance to hear one MIDI in the first town when I finish it. After I release CTP, of course.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Seems like you finally decided to start a new hack. Good luck with it, man!

About the hack, I see it's still in the first phases, so I will wait a while before giving a full comment. So far, it seems to have good mapping and decent tiles, though we know there's still some left to add to make the first town more interesting.

Well, now I'll wait for the next screenies. Again, good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Well, prepare for the new screenshots then, Carlos.

----------------

As I was in Serbia till today, I didn't have a chance to work on the hack, but I have released a private technical preview to a very small selected group of testers. I will give you some more information about it, so you know that the preview was solely technical and there is no reason to ask for it.

The primary purpose of this preview was to let testers try out some new features, for example new scripts and custom music, which I successfully inserted into the game.

I was already getting some feedback, and it was overall positive.

The preview contained only the first town and the first route. Well, although it may have seemed short, it served its purpose.

--------------

To inform you on current progress of the hack, I am currently working on the second town. Its name is Icehill City.

You will get basic information about Pokémon world right when you enter it. I got inspiration from GSC Guide Gent - this time it will be Guide Lady ;) To make it a bit different, a bit of twists in script will be used to make this presentation more appealing.

The town will also be home to the first Pokémon Gym, whose leader Maria specializes on Normal type. This is also the only gym which has no other trainers than leader. It may be a bit borng, but the next town you will head for, right after defeating Maria, will not have any Gym. There may be a special event, though.

This city is also the last municipality of Northern Shyuku - snowy area. You may get out of the area only by going through a snowy cave.

--------------------

A bit more of revealing in the last part - the beta will be released after I complete the first town of Central Shyuku district - the town right after the cave.

And here is a notice to end this post...

There will be no part of the main plot revealed in ANY of the beta releases. Therefore the game will seem uninventional as most of the nowadays' hacks. After the completion of the game, you will be able to download the new patch with recommendation of starting a new game. To encourage people for doing so, I will apply a new mechanism of the game identification so the old saves will not work.

Also, till the release of 2008 October Beta Release, no titlescreen graphics will be changed or the main plot will be completely revealed. I know it may be really long time, but I am going with this policy of not sharing more information than needed so people don't get over-excited and won't be too disappointed if the release will be delayed, what can easily happen, as I will not have much time from now on. The project will never be cacelled.

Thanks for reading through, and await the screenshots of the first route within a few days.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Along with the screenshots of the new route, two Wave files with new songs included in the game will be attached. You may tell me, which one of the two fits for the first town more.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Aha so it will tak till 2010 to finish but it will be worth it bascily right? I like that idea cause when you know the story what to do after 2-3 betas you get bored of it and never go back to it when a final release. Tnx for doing it as wel.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Well I thought I look here as a legendary rom hacker is making a new hack xd I like the hack very much continue it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Aha so it will tak till 2010 to finish but it will be worth it bascily right? I like that idea cause when you know the story what to do after 2-3 betas you get bored of it and never go back to it when a final release. Tnx for doing it as wel.

Well, I plan to release this hack in mid-2009, not 2010. But, till then, there will be:

One CTP, it will show only the first three cities and you can obtain only one badge. To prevent people from using cheats, I will not include new maps PHYSICALLY, that means there won't be the full game, with just added some triggers blocking the player from continuing, there will actually be no connection. Oh, and I am planning something nasty for cheaters, because there will be some pseudo-route - not accessible, but when they enter it by cheating, I am in hope of finding out a way of doing something really nasty for cheaters who forget to save their adventure. It may not be possible to do it way I want, but there is a chance to do the thing somehow.

Well I thought I look here as a legendary rom hacker is making a new hack xd I like the hack very much continue it.

You know that I have far from a legendary ROM hacker, but thank you for compliment and thanks for the cheering.

By the way, I will be using Fangking Omega's snowy tileset for northern Shyuku.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I dont know if you managed to progress some more with the mapping, so that's why I am posting. Which will be the starter(s) Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Well the starter will be one - Eevee. And, about mapping, I haven't gone far. Reason: Second development restart in a row. I have to recreate everything and manage to move on with mapping. Okay, I hope I will be lucky.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Oh, that's some bad luck, but as long as you keep trying, that's what matters. Well, hope you get luckier this time, maybe it'll help you improve more if possible.

Back