• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[July 2nd - Preview Release] Pokémon Skyblue

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Thanks, Zel. And, I have decided to show the first city without the snow. Plus, I am also showing the player's new room - GBA version of GSC room. Check this post in an hour or so.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    This looks like a promising hack, good luck.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Eh, sorry for no updates. I am still working on a amazing new feature that I am gonna put into the game. You will like it, I hope. There will be a screenie. Or more. I will show the promised ones along with the one or two using the new feature.

EDIT: The game does not seem to be able to use full potential of the Pokémon picture boxes that is hiding inside. The functionality seems to be either stripped down or the free slots aren't coded at all. I wanted to make more interesting key dialogues by adding faces of the key personalities in the game next to textboxes using showpokepic command. I was planning to replace free Pokémon slots with faces. Successfully. But as I said, they cannot be displayed with the command. If you have any information regarding this oddity, I will be glad to know more and if there is a fix possible, please, tell me. Thanks.

Promised screenies of the now non-snowy town (called Northgrove from now on) are attached ;) There is also a screenie of protagonist talking to professor Jane Elm.

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
    Years
    Eh, sorry for no updates. I am still working on a amazing new feature that I am gonna put into the game. You will like it, I hope. There will be a screenie. Or more. I will show the promised ones along with the one or two using the new feature.

EDIT: The game does not seem to be able to use full potential of the Pokémon picture boxes that is hiding inside. The functionality seems to be either stripped down or the free slots aren't coded at all. I wanted to make more interesting key dialogues by adding faces of the key personalities in the game next to textboxes using showpokepic command. I was planning to replace free Pokémon slots with faces. Successfully. But as I said, they cannot be displayed with the command. If you have any information regarding this oddity, I will be glad to know more and if there is a fix possible, please, tell me. Thanks.

Promised screenies of the now non-snowy town (called Northgrove from now on) are attached ;) There is also a screenie of protagonist talking to professor Jane Elm.

Ask Baro. He made such a script with displaying glass army's faces. He knows how to do this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Well, thanks for information. I am still in the stage where I want to finally decide if I am gonna use FireRed as the base or Ruby. Till then, I would like to hear some feedback on the screenies I posted. Iknow it is not much, but still... And by the way, player's house sign (not shown in screenies) will have different-cooured text depending on the gender of player. I will show you screenies soon ;)

EDIT: Okay, staying with FR. And in the attached screenie, the new feature is shown. It won't be used in all dialogues, only in the important ones. And if anyone knows how to get rid of playing cries when showing the Pokémon box, I would be grateful as I don't seem to be able to get in touch with more experienced hackers... If it won't go well, I will have to delete Unown cry and that's awful thing to do and I don't want to do it. So, I will try to figure out by myself, but if you know a solution, I would thank you for rest of my life.

If I or someone other won't figure out how to get rid of the cry, I won't be includng this feature into any release.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Today's the day of a feature preview release. Don't forget that this isn't same as CTP. This preview will only include first town, show new features and the main storyline isn't revealed. Actually, you will have to play final version to know main storyline.

PS: In the CTP, your house will be more populated - mom and sister will appear.

Till I release the actual feature preview - screenshots:

1. Talking about Dive Gear
    2. Improved Trainer Tips
    3. Talking with Diana - happiness checker
    4. Your room

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wow thats nice. Also in the pic with red writing into his diary mabye you could mabye take the 25 empty slots replace them with the trainers or npc and well use em for that and make the cries like zelda TP. Otherwise....BOL!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Well, the faces feature is disabled till I get in touch with Baro. But, the preview will be here in around hour. I will edit this post.

EDIT: Patch is up, some rules:

• Check out absolutely everything.
    • Seek for a hidden item around the pond.
    • Then, look into your bag, and so on.
    • No AdvanceMap cheating.
    • Do not take any material without permission.
    • Have fun!
    Now, just download the file and patch it on FireRed!

Last edited:
    Years
    I haven't seen this yet. Good to see some proper hacks in the scrapbox.
    I had the same idea you had with the pictures of people next to the textbox. I might have to scrap that idea now. :\
    The diary idea sounds great. I always thought it was pretty stupid that the hero could only ever say Yes or No.
    Well, best of luck.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Thanks, the x4. If you want, you may now try out the patch and see how does it look. And about face feature, if yo uwant, you may try it. I have temporarily disabled it as I still need to get rid of cries - will ask Baro for help. I can share the information with you then. And thanks for positive feedback.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm gonna try that Preview after I get back from vacation.
    This looks very good. :)
    GL! ^^

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I tried out the preview. It is great as the hero is writing a diary instead of just saying Yes/No. And I found the secret item as well. Well, that's all I can say for now. GL with your hack!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Thanks for positive feedback.

An oddity may occur - you may walk over a girl when you go to the lab. Well, this is a minor oddity, which doesn't occur every time, and will be fixed in later releases.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
    Allready done with preview :P it was awesome like i said yesterday. can't wait for next release. And hope that you'll change some tiles or maybe paletts.
    Good Luck!

Years
    That item was great. And about the cries, don't worry about telling me. I already solved the problem of removing the cry. I can let you know if you want it's pretty simple.
    I'm a little upset that the preview was only about 5 minutes long, but what was there, just made me want to see more.

Back