• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

July predictions!

Alexander18

Banned
Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I am starting to doubt we get news for this month. This month is focusing on the movie so they probably don't want attention taken away from it. Then there is Pokken that they have to focus on as well. Not much room for USUM news from what i can see. August seems to be the month of main series game news so it is likely we see news there.

pkmin3033

Well, we normally get CoroCoro leaks around the 10th, so come Monday I think we'll have a clearer picture. They've already revealed the distributions for the movie so I think there is a fairly good chance of USUM news, but then I think it equally likely we'll have a "big news next month!" two page spread or something.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well, we normally get CoroCoro leaks around the 10th, so come Monday I think we'll have a clearer picture. They've already revealed the distributions for the movie so I think there is a fairly good chance of USUM news, but then I think it equally likely we'll have a "big news next month!" two page spread or something.

The least that I'm expecting is a few new screenshots of the game.

Years
  • but then I think it equally likely we'll have a "big news next month!" two page spread or something.

I really hope I don't get trolled like that again, since it happened twice last year and made S/M news coverage not start until 3 months after the games' announcement.

And like you said, we have a good chance at US/UM news coverage starting with this next issue since the last issue already covered Movie 20 stuff.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • CoroCoro hasn't been as reliable lately imo. Of the many times they've promised huge scoops, more often than not they've turned out to be next to nothing. The fact that last month's issue didn't even mention USM (iirc) makes me think that at least for CoroCoro, we won't be seeing much or if anything related to the games. I do hope we get some sort of trailer towards the end of the month, though.

Years
  • CoroCoro hasn't been as reliable lately imo. Of the many times they've promised huge scoops, more often than not they've turned out to be next to nothing. The fact that last month's issue didn't even mention USM (iirc) makes me think that at least for CoroCoro, we won't be seeing much or if anything related to the games. I do hope we get some sort of trailer towards the end of the month, though.

U-SM was actually mentioned in the previous issue in relation to the movie hat Pikachu-

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    The dreaded News Drought....ugh.

I really want some info on these games. Not because I'm waiting to be spoiled, but because I want to know what I am buying. Usually after a couple of trailers I wait to see what I like and place my preorder. S/M obviously sold me, but USUM?...I find it particularly odd that they haven't stated ANYTHING yet. Like, I've seen trailers repeating the release trailer footage we saw on TV, but there is seriously NOTHING to go off of other than what has been told to us already.

In one way, this is good. I don't want to be spoiled on everything before I enter a game (cough* leakers*cough) but on the other hand, I feel we should be getting some more info soon. Hopefully by the end of this month or the beginning of August we get something to go off of.

pkmin3033

So, when are you guys going to write off July as a no-news month, if you haven't already? If there is nothing in CoroCoro, do you think there will be nothing at all?

We're already a third of the way through the month, and I find myself growing steadily more skeptical. If there was news coming, one would think GF would advertise it ahead of time...

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I'd say if we don't get news by the 15th, we won't get any this month unless it happens at the end of the month like it did sometimes for SM.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Well, after SuMo's first official trailer (not the announcement), we had a month of no news and then we got some trailer with some of the characters. So I'm expecting to a trailer like that. Hopefully we'll get new artwork of the characters, like Hau, Gladion and Kukui...

But, I'm hoping for news, because if there isn't much news, it will be pretty safe to say that, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are nothing more than a "third version".

Years
  • So, when are you guys going to write off July as a no-news month, if you haven't already? If there is nothing in CoroCoro, do you think there will be nothing at all?

We're already a third of the way through the month, and I find myself growing steadily more skeptical. If there was news coming, one would think GF would advertise it ahead of time...

I'd say maybe wait a week, but there's always a chance of news dropping late in the month. You can't easily predict when a new trailer drops, unlike CoroCoro.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I am just gonna wait for august. Can't be bothered with july considering we got nothing so far. Plus this is the movie month so focus be on the movie. Not the game.

Years
  • I am just gonna wait for august. Can't be bothered with july considering we got nothing so far. Plus this is the movie month so focus be on the movie. Not the game.

I can see your logic, but there's always the chance we could get an US/UM trailer dropping a week or two after the movie premiere in Japan.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Bad news. According to serebii, this months corocoro only mentions the ho-oh distribution and is not indicating USUM on the cover.

Looks like july won't have news as i expected.

Years
  • So a 2 month news drought? That's exactly what S/M suffered through as well.

Guess I'll be avoiding this section until August, then.

pkmin3033

The majority of SM's information came from trailers, didn't it? I wouldn't count on a lack of news just because CoroCoro doesn't have anything. It seems a little less likely, but there are other sources.

Years
  • I can agree. Trailers are always a possibility, but you can't easily expect them unless if a date gets announced beforehand.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • There's still about 2 weeks left of this month, so I think it might be possible we could still get a trailer before August. If not, oh well. I'm not in a real hurry, it's a shorter wait for the game's release than it was for SM when they were first announced.

Years
  • There's still about 2 weeks left of this month, so I think it might be possible we could still get a trailer before August. If not, oh well. I'm not in a real hurry, it's a shorter wait for the game's release than it was for SM when they were first announced.

Three weeks actually as of today, so there's still plenty of time for an announcement.

It's shorter than even than OrAs' Announcement to Release Gap by a month. It's the shortest gap since that of (Japanese) B2W2 which was four months~ (International B2W2 was eight months~)! So U-SM has the second shortest gap between announcement and release in the franchise after (Japanese) B2W2. And the shortest worldwide one yet!

Last edited:
    Back