• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    I agree with MistahDude. I believe that GF is just showing a different array of pokes in order to appeal to a different array of people, It's not some "scheme" to trick people into buying the game or whatever.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    The sarcophagus pokemon is going to be awesome, as well as the dragon mantis pokemon is just epic. The rest don't look to bad ether, all in all i've been pretty pleased with the 5th gen to date.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
    People who say these don't look like pokemon need to stop. Stop looking to the past cause it time for change. Playing games with the same simple looking and not so different from the last is going to be boring. There is always going to be change once you like it or not. I'd get used to these Pokemon if I were you.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I don't understand where all this hate is coming from when in the first gen not only did we have sever Pokemon that were human like, we had a Pokemon named MR. MIME! Or PERSIAN, oh, and DITTO. If I can type in a Pokemon's name without Spellcheck kicking in something is wrong. Also, Dewgong and Seel look so much like real animal's that it's silly. There are going to be oddities in every generation. Don't go throwing up red flags at just one or two.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Man why the heck all the new Pokemons looks like a Digimon? DX

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    My first impression on these ones was: "...They're ugly."
    But, after a while of looking at them, some of then grew on me quickly and now I really like the Sarcofagus one, the Baby Mole one, the Tarantula-that-will-replace-Ariados one and the Emo-looking one. I'm neutral on the the big mole one (along with Mijumaru)

So far I do not like Zoroark and the happy gorilla(These are my least favorite), the Metagross-wannabe one and the "axe dragon" that many of you seem so pleased with also are bad designed IMO. Those ones look like something we already have. Especially the dragon; he looks strikingly familiar... and the Plasma one really looks bad-done. It could get a redesign.

EDIT: Looked at the video again. The plasma alien looks cool; I've changed opinions.
    EDIT2: I really like the plasma guy; I'm gonna draw it. It became my favorite of this batch.

Last edited:

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    To be honest, they don't look like pokemon. They look like something you would dream up in a nightmare. I plan on buying the game but now looking at these pokemon, they make me not want to buy this game. Yuck

simple, just do what i would do: ignore them, dont catch em, slaughter em. no one is forcing you to use them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    simple, just do what i would do: ignore them, dont catch em, slaughter em. no one is forcing you to use them.

Yeah, that's what it's gonna come down to for all the negative people here.

For me, I like most of them (So far, the only one I hate is the Lady Gaga one).

Giaru and Desukan especially.

But I plan on using old Pokemon like Bronzong and Claydol as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Well, the 8 newest pkmn revealed look kinda creepy... I wont be suprised if all of them Are Ghost or Dark types :P

though I Think both moles will be Ground/Steel...
    And that pokemon that look like a girl in a dress look more like a puppet. It kinda look like a really old puppet...

Lol, I want to have a Bannete, Claydoll and that new dress pokemon with me so I can be the Master of puppets :P

Years
    To be honest, they don't look like pokemon. They look like something you would dream up in a nightmare. I plan on buying the game but now looking at these pokemon, they make me not want to buy this game. Yuck

Sir, what does Pokemon look a like? I wanna know, give me explanation. I would appreciate it, since I don't really know what they are supposed to look like :(

I have always thought that if they show us legit material of new pokemon it would automatically be that what Pokemon looks like, but reading your comment gets me uneasy. Am I wrong, why don't they look like Pokemon?

exteradude

I love these new pokemon! Some people say that the new pokemon are ugly, and while I accept their opinions, I beg to differ. These critters look original and epic. I love how they're coming out with designs more original than the last.

This makes me imagine myself aged 80 and playing Pokemon... I wonder how many pokemon there'll be by then?

I know...

OVER 9000!!!!!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Am I the only one who has noticed the besides a few most of these Pokemon look like something that would be on Team Rocket or used by some other villain... they all look evil. And I mean all of this generation so far.

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
    So. I'm a fan of each Pokémon, at least, I was. I was one of the few people, who did not consider Lucario Digimon-like. I loved it from the beginning. And so it was with many Pokémon. Gen IV brought some strange Pokémon with it, e.g. Bronzong. But Gen I also had some strange ones, so it was not really a problem.

But what Oha Suta revealed yesterday is ... I can't find a word for it! They do not look like Pokémon. Really, this sacophargue-thing seems to be derived from Yu-Gi-Oh! And the Tarantula. Well okay, it's not that bad.
    So, a day after, I think I can live with those Pokémon. Maybe we will become friends...

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Only the 8 ones revealed in Oha Suta today look evil... The 7 first standard pokemon just look plain.

I agree, the Legendaries dont feel like pokemon, but the others do.
    The new pokemon look different, yes, but all of the pokemon look different. Just Think about it. Does Totodile, Stantler, Ho-Oh or Chinchou look the same as the 1st generation pokemon? no, they dont look like the original pokemon. and then again, the new pokemon isn't supposed to look the same as other pokemon.

I mean, how boring would the game be with only one sprite for all 494 pokemon? If that was the case, then you would beg for sprites like this...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Am I the only one who has noticed the besides a few most of these Pokemon look like something that would be on Team Rocket or used by some other villain... they all look evil. And I mean all of this generation so far.
    Now that you mentioned it, these Pokemon revealed look rather "dark", like something that the evil team of the region would have on their teams. The mole, Dragon-Axe, and especially the dark-colored ghost girl... They just seem to fit the part.

Sir, what does Pokemon look a like?
    That's my question as well. I see people saying that these new Pokemon don't look like Pokemon, but then I never see them fully explain exactly what it is that a Pokemon is supposed to look like.

Back