• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    I like the sarcophagus and that blade-dragon-thingie, but what the crap is that black bell-shaped creature on the far right? It looks like the emo of Pokemon. Also, why isn't anyone talking about the new human revealed? I think he looks a lot like he'd be the protagonist's father, just judging by appearance. The smirking face, pale complexion, and black shirt suggest he's an antagonist, though.

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
    I don't mind the thing with frills and a skirt.

I'm going to definitely catch that thing.
    Me too! Heck, since someone in this thread mentioned it looked like Lady Gaga (or was it on another forum?) I might as well catch one to insult my Lady Gaga obsessed friends ^.^

(No offense to all of you Lady Gaga fans, BTW)

Silver.Nova

Golden Smile and Silver Tears
    Years
    I'm liking most of these so far. Honestly the only one I hate is the fire ape thinger revealed last time. It's eyes... I just... No. Scary. D:

The rock thinger looks like a nosepass evo. I hope so, I cried when I saw Probopass. Nintendo owes me for those corrupted memories of Mr. Potato Head. ;-;

The doll looks pretty cool to me. Possibly related to Banette? Totally gonna call her Lady Gaga as well.

The mole made me lol so I want it.

Dragons - right on. Might be another dark/rock like Tyranitar. Then again... Bug/Dragon? Since there's such a debate on weather it's a dragon or a mantis.

Yay, more spiders! He looks fuzzy. :3

ANd omg, so totally hoping that thing is in a sarcophugus. I will cry tears of joy. My gf is betting on a spiritom evo but I hope it's original.

Bottom line, Silver approves.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Bigger picture of Ononokusu:
    [June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?

Ono - axe, hatchet
    no - can be a possessive term?
    ku - 9?
    su - nest

The "ono" and "su" seem to be accurate to the creature, but I couldn't make sense of the interior of the term. Then I tried "noku", which came to mean "to get out of the way".

If you think a Dinosaur with an Axe on his head looks like a Bug you may be high on crack.

Serebii and other sites have called him the Mantis pokemon because for some reason they thought he looked like it when we had blurry images. Ononokusu has all reptilian features and absolutely no insect-like features. He looks a lot like Tyranitar.

I will be using this Dinosaur guy.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    People who say these don't look like pokemon need to stop. Stop looking to the past cause it time for change. Playing games with the same simple looking and not so different from the last is going to be boring. There is always going to be change once you like it or not. I'd get used to these Pokemon if I were you.
    I agree with you 100 %, change happens we have to get used to change or be overwhelmed by it...

Years
    Meh I don't like any of these designs IMHO. :P

Of course I said that about the other revealed Pokemon and now I pretty much like them all. Haha. xD;

I'd like to see some Sugimori stuff though. D:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Meh I don't like any of these designs IMHO. :P

Of course I said that about the other revealed Pokemon and now I pretty much like them all. Haha. xD;

I'd like to see some Sugimori stuff though. D:
    Yeah I hope so too, maybe it's the sprites being very pixelly that makes them look worser than they really are, so far for the other 14 gen 5 pokemon we saw official artwork in the official website, corocoro, or Pokemon sunday but they have yet to us the artwork for these Pokemon.

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
    Mole Pokemon that we only saw the back of: Seems cool, but also seems like it's the kind of pokemon they'll put beady, annoying eyes on and that might stop me from picking it. But I can see me using it on repeat playthroughs just to see how it handles. It's not bad.

For some reason I imagine it with Snorlax eyes to play on the fact that moles have bad eyesight. I'm not sure though, since the bigger mole seems to have sort of beaty eyes.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Long shot, but the second part of Ononokusu's name could just be nokusu as in "nox;" night, though that would be spelled kisu :/ Anyway, that being said, let's not rule out that Pokemon as a Dark type.

Palantides

Village Idiot
    Years
    Ononoku by itself can mean "shake" or "shudder" or "quake with fear". Here's the Hiragana of it in case any are interested (おののく). When Su (Hiragana す) appears at the end of a word, it's to represent birds. It'd be nicer (for translation purposes) if their names were in Kanji or Hiragana instead of Katakana.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Oh my god, there's nothing else to complain about except for how a few people and a fansite call the Pokémon?!

It's their opinion that it's a mantis, leave it be. My god, have you nothing better to do than disprove opinions?!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I like the looks of the new ones, They look interesting. Pokemon is drawing inspiration from new sources, that makes me happy.

As for triple battles, I say why not? As long as there arent too many of them, It's fine. or if theres an option to do them in the frontier/tower/whatever, And they arent in the actual game, or what. any way they happen, they look intriguing. sure, its kinda cramped, but meh. im aesthetically laid back, so that doesnt matter much to me.

But im really intrigued by those three in the middle. Thhe cute-ish green jelly thing, the guy with the red crystals coming out, and the black one that looks kinda humanoid. they look the coolest of the newest batch to me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I like the top right one too I'm thinking maybe ground poison. I'm not really going to like the triple battles though(Says that now) it's gonna be way too crowded

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love how many Pokemon are being revealed so early. I hope that they don't reveal too many but I hope to get at the most ten more before September. These were so random... I wish the official site would update with them.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I love how many Pokemon are being revealed so early. I hope that they don't reveal too many but I hope to get at the most ten more before September. These were so random... I wish the official site would update with them.

They probably will when Pokemon Sunday shows the pokemon.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I'd say most of this is fair, but if you want more simple woodland creature like Pokemon then you're bound to get some recycling. There's always going to be birds and rodents.

True. But new things can always be done with the forumla. Sentret and Hoot-hoot for example followed on from the Rattata/Pidgey mold, but found their own niches, only appearing in the daytime/night for example, and Sentret starting the HM slave tradition, as apposed to Rattata who was just a reasonably strong early Pokemon. However Zigzagoon/Taillow and Bidoof/Starly really didn't offer anything new at all, apart from maybe Bibarel gaining a secondary type.

By now we shouldn't still be having Normal-type rodents and Normal/Flying birds. They could be of any type - we should be looking at 3-stage Electric/Fire rodents and Grass/Flying birds.

Also I'd say the horned Dragon thing is no more detailed than Tryannitar. But Tryanitar sure isn't Ekans. :P

And I have to admit, I'm one of like 3 people that doesn't really like Tyranitar. :D

spastman

Pokemon Proffesor
    Years
    Miss Mime & second Bronzor evolution??

Ok, its just an idea, but can it be that there is a connection between this pokemons:

Like you see get Mr Mime and that new Pokémon hair on the side of they face, and are both of them bassed on human people. The "fat" on mime jr body can be linked to the robe of that new pokemon.

The connection that you can see direct is the "logo" on backside of this 3 pokemon. Also the 5 Blue/Green points on the new pokemon (Desukan) can be linked to the "balls" on Bronzor. And if you see the Japanes name's of this 3, you must be realy sure that they have a connection:

Domira (Bronzor)
    Dotankun (Bronzong)
    Desukan (The new one)

Thanks to Gengarking for the idea!

Back