• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen June CoroCoro

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was thinking Eevee too since that seems like the generic Pokemon to choose after the starters, which will eventually most likely evolve into Sylveon for obvious reasons.

Maybe they will give one of the rivals a pikachu as a reference to Pokemon Yellow.

I really do love that picture of the five sitting around the table, it has an even bigger sense of adventure and it'll be interesting to see how all four of your rivals develop their teams.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Sana, the girl with the brown hair is your opposing rival since she seems to have plenty of attention so far and then then of course is the protagonist you did not choose who will most likely choose the remaining Pokémon. The remaining other guy, Toroba will act as a guide rather than a rival who will maybe occasionally assist you in battles rather than approaching you at certain points in the game to battle you, and then of course is Tieruno who is the larger guy on the left of the scan choosing a Pokémon that isn't part of the starter set in Kalos and acting as a third and final rival. That's just what I think anyhow!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was thinking about the rivals, maybe there will be pseudo starters? Like two starters that are supposedly offered to new trainers but you arrive after two of your rivals had already picked them.

They could be impossible to find in the wild (they could be new Kalos pokemon similar to the actual starters) but after the main storyline you can trade for a breeded one with the rival who choose that "starter". Just a possibility.

Years
  • I'm good with just about everything so far except...why does Sana (if I've got the characters right >.<) have such an unorthodox hairstyle?

...I guess it doesn't matter but that's the only thing that bothers me. xD;
    You know, kids. And it's Pokemon.

VSJasmine.png
    VSFantina.png
    VSClair.png
    VSIris.png

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Well, all of the English names are up!

Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, and Flabébé the little fairy. You can also find wild Flabébé on flowers of different colors.

Battle Cry in English will be Noble Roar. Nice name, but it still just seems like a fancy "Growl" to me.

Pansy's English name will be Alexa (THANK GOODNESS!) and Viola the Gym Leader is still Viola.

The starting town is Vaniville Town and the city with Viola's Gym will be called Santalune City.

Our rivals are Shauna, the girl who looks like May's daughter dressed in pink.
    Tierno, the big guy, who wants to create a team of dance Pokémon. OMG PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE THE RETURN OF MUSICALS!!
    Trevor, the little due, who wants to complete the PokéDex and also gives us our own.
    Finally, there's Calem (male character) or Serena (female character) depending on which protagonist you choose who is our new neighborhood friend.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well, all of the English names are up!

Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, and Flabébé the little fairy. You can also find wild Flabébé on flowers of different colors.

Battle Cry in English will be Noble Roar. Nice name, but it still just seems like a fancy "Growl" to me.

Pansy's English name will be Alexa (THANK GOODNESS!) and Viola the Gym Leader is still Viola.

The starting town is Vaniville Town and the city with Viola's Gym will be called Santalune City.

Our rivals are Shauna, the girl who looks like May's daughter dressed in pink.
    Tierno, the big guy, who wants to create a team of dance Pokémon. OMG PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE THE RETURN OF MUSICALS!!
    Trevor, the little due, who wants to complete the PokéDex and also gives us our own.
    Finally, there's Calem (male character) or Serena (female character) depending on which protagonist you choose who is our new neighborhood friend.

The dance team reminds me of those dancers in BW Castellia who you battle to get together. Maybe he'll be a triple battler whose Pokemon are based on dance?

Wow those vs. pictures are more beautiful than ever.
    These games make me look forward to not just them but the rest of the generation as a whole.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Trevor looked more guyish to me so I thought he was a guy when I first saw him, though it was hard to tell for sure.
    Anyways I'm glad to see that this game has Sana, and potentially the female character if one plays as a guy as we don't have many female rivals.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I can't help but be annoyed at Trevor's hairstyle. I thought that he was a girl at first because of this.

Same here. Though for me, there's also the fact that his personality seems somewhat similar to Cheren's, but Cheren was really great, so it's hard to follow in his footsteps.

I really like Shauna and Tierno's designs, and while Shauna's personality doesn't seem that original right now, Tierno is really interesting, I think he's my favorite from the bunch.

Though what I really love the most is that there are so many NPCs for us to play with, not just the one rival. Really looking forward to see how it's gonna be like.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Someone correct me if I missed anything as i'm walkin and tryin to do all of this at the same time.

We have four rivals. Our neighbor who takes on the opposite gender that we choose is generic.

There is one rival attempting to make a dance team (sounds like Dancing is what replaces Contest/Pokewood).

One rival gives you your pokedex and takes the role of the professor for the game.

The last one is basically Bianca who just wants to travel around with her friends.

Only thing I'm really getting from this is we have no important regional professor and the opposite gendered PC won't be in the game outside of battle assistant again.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Serena and Calem .... I prefer Xavier and Yvonne over those names.

I actually prefer Serena and Calem, they sound more subtle and actually have a theme behind them, aka, Peace and Tranquility.

Xavier and Yvonne just sound like generic Awesome McCool names that are there just to have the X and Y in em, aka, they sound rubbish to me.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I actually really like the name Calem. That coupled with the customization abilities means that I will actually play as the male character (seeing as if it was just a stereotypical French name like Xavier it would have put me off a bit). I also like Serena as well. Much better than Hilbert and Hilda were for sure.

Also, Litleo is adorable and has a guaranteed spot on my team. I don't even care how good it is, it's too cute.

Back