• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just a UU RMT

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Been having a good run with this team, 5/w-0/l in 30 minutes with most games 4-0 or better.
    However looking for suggestions to make it better, rapid spin on a technitop with LO seems kinda meh.

Typhloshion

Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Rash
    EVs: 90 Attack | 168 Speed | 252 SpA

Move set:
    • Eruption: Eruption lead, wrecks everything not resistant to it (and can 2hko many things that are).
    • Earthquake: For type coverage, and also hurts other Typhlosion.
    • HP Grass: So I don't get totally walled by bulky waters and grounds.
    • Brick Break: Mostly filler but hurts Probopass quite a bit.
    Lead Typhlosion beats quite a few leads and it's amazing how often I can get it out at 100% health to sweep late game with.

Registeel
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP | 74 Def| 184 SpD

Move set:
    • Stealth Rock : Sets up my rocks XD.
    • Thunder Wave : Paralyze anything coming in, usually a speedy fire/fighting type to make them easier to take down.
    • Seismic Toss : When all else has been covered and I don't want to switch, does damage.
    • Explosion : Take something out when I'm finished.

Scyther
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Attack | 252 Speed (not sure where to put other 6 points, defence? Not hp because that would make it even)

Move set:
    • Aerial Ace : STAB + Technician + LO + SD = Stronger then Scizor's SD Bullet Punch (Scyther is outsped by very little bar scarfers).
    • Brick Break: For Type Coverage, also hits hard with SD.
    • X-Scissor : STAB and type coverage.
    • Swords Dance : To wreck things with after the opponent switches out.

Hitmontop
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 240 HP | 252 Atk | 14 Speed

Move set:
    • Fake Out : Hits moderately hard with Technician, gets rid of any remaining sashes, and sometimes allows for a 2hko with Mach Punch.
    • Mach Punch : Basically like Scizor's Bullet Punch of a 95 attack stat, but a better type.
    • Bullet Punch : Hits ghosts and other things that Mach Punch won't.
    • Close Combat : Hits things much harder then Mach Punch.

Quagsire
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP | 96 Attack | 160 Def

Move set:
    • Earthquake : Obligatory STAB and makes sure he isn't setup/taunt fodder.
    • Stone Edge : Hits fliers, considering replacing with Ice Beam but unsure so far.
    • Toxic : ToxiStall things that take too long/I am not able to kill otherwise.
    • Protect : ToxiStall, scouting, and leftovers. I have swept teams with Quagsire before.

Espeon
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 6 HP | 252 SpA| 252 Speed

Move set:
    • Calm Mind : Raises SpA to insane levels and increases SpD.
    • Psychic : STAB move that hits things neutrally (and SE on the many poison types).
    • Shadow Ball : For type coverage, hits ghosts harder as well.
    • HP Fighting : Makes sure I don't get walled by Dark/Steel types.
    Tear it shreds~

Last edited:

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
    Years
    First of all your registeel needs an impish nature or your hindering your physical attacks, also I'd give quagsire an impish nature as well because even though speed isn't his greatest stat he hasn't got any special attacks for you to worry about lowering his SAtk stat, so you may as well save yourself a little bit of speed.

IMO registeels moveset doesn't work very well to me. I would stick to smogon's standard set:

Registeel @ Leftovers
    Clear Body
    Impish
    252 HP / 168 Atk / 90 Def
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Earthquake/Toxic
    ~ Explosion

Toxic is optional but since you have quagsire for it, probably go for EQ.
    As for Hitmontop, Close Combat >> rapid spin as it hits the slower poke's harder. I don't think it's a necessity to have a pokemon that gets rid of hazards as only 2/6 of your poke's are weak to it.

Hope that helped!

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I dont think that Typhlosion would be good, I Recommend u to use this Set ( Similar to yours a bit)

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
    Blaze
    Modest
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    -Eruption
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power [Grass]
    -Flamethrower

Eruption is the best when Typhlosion,s HP is full. its just like ur Typhlosion,s Eruption
    Focus Blast is an Inaccurate Aura Sphere but Powerful. good to own Probopass and Aggron
    Hidden Power Grass ( with 70 base power ) would be good to own some Bulky Water
    Flamethrower is much like a filler but its good to substitude it with Eruption when Typhlosion,s HP is low. and if Typhlosion,s HP is around 1/3. Flamethrower becomes strong due to Blaze.

I hope this Works ^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Thanks everybody, changed Iron Head to Explosion, Rapid Spin to CC, going to see how that works.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Been having a good run with this team, 5/w-0/l in 30 minutes with most games 4-0 or better.
    However looking for suggestions to make it better, rapid spin on a technitop with LO seems kinda meh.

Typhloshion
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Rash
    EVs: 144 Attack | 112 Speed | 252 SpA

Move set:
    • Eruption: Eruption lead, wrecks everything not resistant to it (and can 2hko many things that are).
    • Earthquake: For type coverage, and also hurts other Typhlosion.
    • HP Grass: So I don't get totally walled by bulky waters and grounds.
    • Focus Punch : Hurts him far more if you use FP and hit him on the switch-in.
    Lead Typhlosion beats quite a few leads and it's amazing how often I can get it out at 100% health to sweep late game with.

112 Speed is all he needs to outrun base 130's.

Registeel
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP | 74 Def | 184 SpD

Move set:
    • Stealth Rock : Sets up my rocks XD.
    • Thunder Wave : Paralyze anything coming in, usually a speedy fire/fighting type to make them easier to take down.
    • Seismic Toss : When all else has been covered and I don't want to switch, does damage.
    • Explosion : I know you said you'd put it on but just incase you forget.
    Apart from that I'd say not too bad.

Scyther
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Attack | 252 Speed | 4 Defence

Move set:
    • Aerial Ace : STAB + Technician + LO + SD = Stronger then Scizor's SD Bullet Punch (Scyther is outsped by very little bar scarfers).
    • Brick Break: For Type Coverage, also hits hard with SD.
    • X-Scissor : STAB and type coverage.
    • Swords Dance : To wreck things with after the opponent switches out.
    Good but consider Reversal as Life Orb recoil will boost them until it is about 2.5 times better then Brick Break. It's really risk+more power or constant power =/

Hitmontop
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 240 HP | 252 Atk | 14 Speed

Move set:
    • Fake Out : Hits moderately hard with Technician, gets rid of any remaining sashes, and sometimes allows for a 2hko with Mach Punch.
    • Mach Punch : Basically like Scizor's Bullet Punch of a 95 attack stat, but a better type.
    • Bullet Punch : Hits ghosts and other things that Mach Punch won't.
    • Sucker Punch : Hits Mismagius and Rotom nicely as well as Hypno.
    Replace Rapid Spin with this and you're good =)

Quagsire
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP | 96 Attack | 160 Def

Move set:
    • Earthquake : Obligatory STAB and makes sure he isn't setup/taunt fodder.
    • Stone Edge : Hits fliers, considering replacing with Ice Beam but unsure so far.
    • Toxic : ToxiStall things that take too long/I am not able to kill otherwise.
    • Protect : ToxiStall, scouting, and leftovers. I have swept teams with Quagsire before.
    Meh.

Espeon
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 6 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Speed

Move set:
    • Calm Mind : Raises SpA to insane levels and increases SpD.
    • Psychic : STAB move that hits things neutrally (and SE on the many poison types).
    • Shadow Ball : For type coverage, hits ghosts harder as well.
    • HP Fighting : Makes sure I don't get walled by Dark/Steel types.
    Meh.
    Tear it shreds~

Comments in red. Solid team >=D

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Bullet Punch really does suck on Top.

Sucker Punch or Stone Edge/Mach Punch/Fake Out/Close Combat

^ Is best set.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Sorry to be a bish on your set ChaosLucario..You gave the advice I was going to give XD..But I'd make a few changes to the Typhlosion set.

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
    Blaze
    Modest / Timid - Can go timid for garuntee of beating..Just an option.
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 112 Speed / 4 144 Atk HP - Only need 112. The HP EVs are kinda filler..But will offer more staying power.

-Eruption
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power [ICE] - Better coverage against most UU threats.
    -Flamethrower Overheat - more power, and the stat loss won't matter as you'll either die quickly or be switching out alot.

Changes/comments in Bold... I personally have used this set..And I think it works much better than the mixed attacking one.

And as Pokedra said..Definately consider Reversal > Brick break on Scyther IMO..Especially with SR against you...(50% loss of health.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Thanks for the comments, made a few changes, but I'm not putting Sucker Punch on Top and I've only found it useful in OU. I don't have problems with Rotom, who would just status me and without BP Mismagius sets up on me..
    I never switch Scyther into stealth rock twice anyways, and by the time that he's at low enough health to put it to use it means I've already swept the opponent's team with him.

Considering certain changes on Typhlosion but unfortunately his move pool is rather limited (honestly I'd rather just replace HP Grass with Ground but then I'd have nothing to put in for EQ). I find HP Ice totally useless in UU, as only Altaria is really hit harder by it then my other moves if I decide to replace Brick Break (probably) with Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat.

Back