• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just finished Pokemon Moon!

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2017
    I was wondering if I could have any recommendations going into the post game. The game was really fun but I'm not sure what to do first. Loved the game. Hoping the postgame isn't X/Y material

Years
    I can warn you the postgame is shallow, as to be expected from every first game of a new generation. There are not many good places to train, your only trainer rematches are Morimoto, Battle Buffet and the Elite Four, the former two being only once a day. This makes getting to Lv100 hell if you want to use Hyper Training.

There's also Battle Tree and Battle Royal, but the opponents in there are absolute cheaters, even in the lowest tier mode. They come packing Z-Moves, ridiculous moves and even Mega Evolutions that can't be obtained outside of event distributions.

There is still stuff you can do in Poke Pelago, as well as completing the Pokedex. But outside of that, what I mentioned is what you'll be stuck with until the next games.

Years
    The post game sadly is about as shallow as X/Y. All you can do is catch the Ultra Beasts, explore one extra route, and battle in the Battle Tree. (It's just like the Battle Tower.)

Years
    Trainer's suggestion was also good. You may want to spend time trying to SOS hunt for shinies or hidden abilities, or you could scan QR Codes with the Island Scan so you can catch some special Pokemon.

Back