• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • that is all that matters now anyway. very few people just kamikazee throughout the game. Most of them play competitively, ignoring good classical pokemon for the sake of the others.

Not nostalgic? Maybe novel?

Years
  • Well i suppose it could be nostalgic seeing how it's over 10 or so years old. I'd class that as nostalgia. But yeah,i'm one of the few that Kamikaze the games. Competitive battle didn't appeal to me that much. Once i beat the game i start again and use pokemon i didn't use last time.

miltankRancher

Years
  • That is why many people already regard the first gen as nostalgic. It only exists right now because of the existence of very few GBA unlike the newer ones on the DS.

Years
  • hmmm... I suppose you are right there.
    I'm a little upset now that i think about it that they made FR/LG on GBA. It would look way better with DS graphics and just extend it a bit more.

miltankRancher

Years
  • maybe they will make a remake of a remake. too make kanto more accessible to the present generation.

inb4 HGSS did that already.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years

• If the original 151 were STILL the only Pokémon today, do you think Pokémon would be as popular as it is?
    Truthfully, no, it would have lost its hype a long time ago.

Yeah, basically what you said. I would've stopped caring about Pokémon a long time ago if there weren't any new Pokémon from generation to generation. Of course I love every single one of the original 151, and I still think they're the best and have the best designs, but honestly. Every new generation there's at least one thing that we're not satisfied with, and it's usually the design of the new Pokémon that gets the most complains, but everyone gets used to it at some point. It's honestly a bit like meeting new people. Some people are quick at befriending new people and some may have a hard time, and at times, the people you thought you didn't like would later become some of your best friends. The exact same thing applies when new Pokémon are introduced.

I'm getting a bit off topic here, but my answer is basically just that the same Pokémon would end up getting boring after some time, no matter how much you like them.

miltankRancher

Years
  • nicely put my friend! i agree that no matter how good something is, it gets boring after a while. Pokemon will be no exception.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I think I'm gonna wait and update points tomorrow. Been rather busy, and it takes a bit to update points. As of yet for the contest, I have received 5 votes.

New topic: Which of the original 151 do you think has the most unique concept?
    For me, I'd have to say it's the Magikarp/Gyarados relationship. I love how they based it on the legend of the carp jumping over the waterfall. Magikarp is the derpface of awesomeness, and Gyarados is an awesome physical attacker with a unique sea dragon design.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I think I'm gonna wait and update points tomorrow. Been rather busy, and it takes a bit to update points. As of yet for the contest, I have received 5 votes.

For me, I'd have to say it's the Magikarp/Gyarados relationship. I love how they based it on the legend of the carp jumping over the waterfall. Magikarp is the derpface of awesomeness, and Gyarados is an awesome physical attacker with a unique sea dragon design.

Voltorb & Electrode.

Honestly though, I think Mewtwo & Mew have one of the most original concepts.

Years
  • Diglett and Dugtrio, LOL jks.

Kabuto and Kabutops for me. It's like a little ancient bug in a shell that evolves into an awesome whatever it is with scyths.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • OK, everything's been updated. Apologies for the glitchy spoilers in the OP. They'll be fixed as soon as I can.

I agree, everyone, that Eevee and the Eeveelutions are very unique, with Eevee being able to evolve into multiple Pokemon based on certain stones. I also find the Virtual Pokemon Porygon to hold a rather unique concept. It's a computer-generated Pokemon. How cool is that?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Interesting question... I'd say Ditto. It's completely unlike any other Pokemon. Essentially its a little blob of jelly that can transform into extremely powerful things, instantly knowing how to use their attacks and mimic their styles - a truly unique Pokemon in my view! The only other Pokemon I can think of that has even come close to mimicking Ditto is Smeargle with its Sketch, but that's still very different; this implies Ditto is unique. :3 I wonder if it'll ever get an evolution... *crosses fingers*

miltankRancher

Years
  • ditto, if ever his DW ability is released, has everything he needs to play with. IMO, he don't need an evolution. Just a few fix in the stat and it is fine.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
    Years
  • Username: Jolteon*
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Jolteon
    Partner Pokemon: Hubert the Jolteon
    INDIGO Plateau
    I love all pokemon, including these. BTW if you check out my thread in my signature, I am willing to donate anyone in the Kanto Region section! :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, Ditto is pretty unique. I'm actually happy they haven't tried to clone it or anything of the sort.

Welcome Jolteon :D
    You just need the certain something.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Yeah, Ditto is pretty unique. I'm actually happy they haven't tried to clone it or anything of the sort.

Welcome Jolteon :D
    You just need the certain something.
    Isn't Ditto now the most popular Generation 1 Pokemon now with its Japanese allowing to breed Shiny a bit more easier now?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back