• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music K-POP // ♥

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years

• Kpop
    Anybody else here who loves it like i do? :D

the most beautiful song i have ever heard i think, is this kpop song, it is absolutely fucking beautiful... no idea what they are on about obviously because i do not speak korean(not yet) but i do not care, the music itself is gorgeous and i think the korean makes it even more epic, i personally really like the sound of the language

i love this boyband, they are called VIXX
    omg i love them, their voices are really nice and live they are good!
    but... also because they got the cutest guy ever in this group, hongbin ^_^

i also like Girls Generation
    one of my fav GG songs is this

another boyband i like is called shinee
    my fav shinee song is

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Okay, before everyone fires shots at each other, let me just say this:

Kpop is alot more enjoyable with its music videos. Without them, its a completely different experience. Even if i was able to understand and speak the language, the songs are definitely carried more by the MVs. Some are actually pretty terrible if not for the MVs (Psy I'm looking at you).

I used to be overly addicted to Kpop, in such a way that's a little difficult for me to describe. SNSD's Sooyoung was, and probably still is my favorite girl even though to be blunt about her, she doesn't really contribute much to the vocals. Jessica being kicked out of SNSD really hurt me since she was my favorite of the ones who actually sang. Not to mention, her English is top notch, being raised in MURICA of all countries.

Ok, I'll be a little more positive:

KARA was my favorite group with the lineup that had Nicole and Jiyoung.

SNSD is fairing nicely without Jessica since Taeyeon is still there.

It seems that some people seem to not mention BoA of all people when Kpop is mentioned. Or maybe i'm in the wrong side of town.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Kpop is alot more enjoyable with its music videos. Without them, its a completely different experience. Even if i was able to understand and speak the language, the songs are definitely carried more by the MVs. Some are actually pretty terrible if not for the MVs (Psy I'm looking at you).

It seems that some people seem to not mention BoA of all people when Kpop is mentioned. Or maybe i'm in the wrong side of town.
    K-POP // ♥

i soooooooooo not agree with you :pink_giggle:

i listen to kpop on my phone/mp3 all the time ... no music video experience there whilst i listen and i just enjoy it as much as when i watch the music videos on youtube.
    the music videos of kpop groups are very different from western stuff and yes they do a lot for the fangurls because they get to see the sexyness and stuff but it doesn't make the music
    the music speaks for itself, its catchy, people love to dance to it and a lot of kpop singers are actually good vocal wise compared to some western artists that are freaking popular and you wonder why because when you hear them live they are terrible lol (selena gomez for example ^_^)

i think this is really your personal ''issue'' because you could easily say this about every type of music genre then, not just kpop , do you know what i mean ;)

oh and i like one song of BOA because of fairy tail haha
    chasing, totally love that song!​

But yeah, I've been trying to get into SHINee for a while now too. I did like Taemin's solo album though.
    what is your fav shinee song? :)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Let me clarify things a bit in order to increase my growing post count:

I did say that the music is great with the videos. While i do still stand by that some of the songs are still carried by their MVs, there are still a whole load of great hits that are great on their own whether they have their MVs or not. Damn me for not mentioning Taeyang's Wedding Dress.

As for the rest of the scene, i finally remember why I was so hopelessly hooked with KPop. Damn music is still so catchy and it will always be, no matter what. And the guys and guy groups really need to be taken more seriously. SHINEE and Super Junior come to mind with my favorites, oh and of course G-Dragon. Everyone loves Rock Howard. I wasn't as hooked to with this stuff as i was a few years ago. KARA's disbandment is still leaving me with a sour note though.

I hope i made things much clearer now. I didn't want to immediately just show my whole "I love Kpop" side of things since i just needed to blow something out of my chest.

Also, i have every album of SNSD ever. Original ones. The only thing i need to do now is to have them autographed by the girls themselves. Inb4XinUCreepyBitcK

Last edited:

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Also, i have every album of SNSD ever. Original ones. The only thing i need to do now is to have them autographed by the girls themselves. Inb4XinUCreepyBitcK
    who is your fav GG girl? And fav song?

I really like you think, i got a boy, catch me if you can and the boys​

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Kpop is pretty much all I listen to, it all started in 2009 when I happened to stumble across one of BIGBANGs Japanese releases and it was so good. After that I was pretty hooked.

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • I love 2NE1, 4minute, Girls Generation, Apink and Rainbow.
    to name but a few I listen to regularly.

Asian pop in general is a really nice listen.
    and you don't need to know the language to enjoy it either.

Years
  • I'm not an enormous fan of K-Pop but when I come across it I enjoy it somewhat for the most part. I can't deny that Psy and 2NE1 make me want to dance for reasons I can't quite explain.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Kpop is pretty much all I listen to, it all started in 2009 when I happened to stumble across one of BIGBANGs Japanese releases and it was so good. After that I was pretty hooked.
    what other groups you listen to? :)​

I love 2NE1, 4minute, Girls Generation, Apink and Rainbow.
    to name but a few I listen to regularly.

Asian pop in general is a really nice listen.
    and you don't need to know the language to enjoy it either.
    any boy groups you like?
    and i agree with that last thing you said
    the fact it is totally different than english is real nice, isn't it​

I'm not an enormous fan of K-Pop but when I come across it I enjoy it somewhat for the most part. I can't deny that Psy and 2NE1 make me want to dance for reasons I can't quite explain.
    say what
    and there i thought you did not like kpop{D:}

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • It's a long way from being my favourite but I don't dislike all of it.
    why do you not like GG?​

Just name a group and I've probably listened to them, I mainly listen to title songs though. How long have you been into kpop?
    vixx? what do you think of them​

Never really listened to any.
    I mostly like girl groups : x
    though I think Jay Park is cool as an artist.
    [/CENTER]
    fav songs of GG? ^_^​

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Oh man I have such a thing with kpop. I was so big on it, and then I wasn't big on it.
    Now I'm big on it again though, or, perhaps more accurately I'm big on SNSD.
    Hyoyeon is my forever girl honestly. I have no time for guy groups, I don't think I've ever heard a song by a boy group that I like.
    I think the music is so stylistically different to a lot of popular western music and I really enjoy the effort the groups put into what they're doing, I think it's really admirable.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Tinkerbell, baby baby and Oh La-la
    and who are your fav girls and why? :)​

I don't hate them, they were tolerable haha
    pfff, you are tolerable! :pink_giggle:​

Oh man I have such a thing with kpop. I was so big on it, and then I wasn't big on it.
    Now I'm big on it again though, or, perhaps more accurately I'm big on SNSD.
    Hyoyeon is my forever girl honestly. I have no time for guy groups, I don't think I've ever heard a song by a boy group that I like.
    I think the music is so stylistically different to a lot of popular western music and I really enjoy the effort the groups put into what they're doing, I think it's really admirable.
    hyoyeon is such a cutie and she has got a special nice voice, love it
    K-POP // ♥

and i totally agree with that last thing, for sure
    i love how the music videos of kpop are so different compared to western stuff
    and in a good way!​

Vixx is good, they're not my favorite, but I liked there recent comeback Chained Up and On an On is one of my favs by them.
    those are one of my favs too!
    i love them
    they are really good live as well

have you ever seen any kpop group live?​

Back