• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Kanto: Back to Basics (M)

Years
Kari Forsberg
060MS.png
120MS.png
235MS.png
Pewter City
Mission 4
Kari has woken up after one powerful Water Gun from Po hit her in the face. She sat down, confused. Jonathan was holding her with his arms. He was glad she's okay. Kari noticed Emolga sitting on his shoulder and started loosing her consciousness again, but the water from Po's attack gave her new strength. She pushed Jonathan away and accidentally kicked him in the face.

"Get that away from me!" she shouted while backing away from Jonathan, now lying on the ground. Emolga fell down from his shoulder and was lying next to him. Kari realized what has she done, got on her feet and rushed to Jonathan, apologizing and helping him up. But she avoided Emolga as much as she could, leaving it on the ground.

"What was that about?" asked confused Jonathan, while cleaning his face of dirt.

Kari wasn't sure what to say. Her mind was all over the face. She was thinking about that event with Chinchou when she was a child, about the guy in a Sunflora suit, about Jonathan's Emolga. She didn't want to hurt him, but the red imprint of her boot on his face right next to the imprint of her hand told another story. If she was angry at him only moments earlier and wanted to leave him here, now she wanted to apologize and hug him. She wanted to cry again. She thought that that's all behind her after the events in Viridian City and training with Jonathan to be better trainer, but apparently she is still a weak child.

Jonathan picked Emolga up, pat her head, returned her to her Pokéball and turned back to Kari. He grabbed her hand, smirked and said: "Whatever, as long as you're okay."

Kari felt like his touch restarted her thoughts. She could finally speak.

"I'm sorry," she said and looked in his eyes.

"It's okay," reassured her Jonathan. He briefly looked at her, but then turned his head into the city, looking for a place to eat at. "But the breakfast is still on you."

"What?!" Kari was shocked and freed her hand out of his touch. But instantly changed her mind, because she didn't want to go through all that hassle again. "Okay."

Kari picked up Po, who has been playing with her new hat all this time and together they ventured into the city for breakfast. It took them only few minutes to find a restaurant with an open garden that doubled down as a small park.

They sit down at free table and ordered their food. They both got Chansey's egg with fried bacon and Miltank's milk. Kari also returned Po to his Pokéball and picked her police hat.

The friends-again duo has been enjoying the food and talking about various things, when a young boy interrupted them. He slowly approached them and tapped Kari on the shoulder. Kari looked at him. He's been wearing yellow T-shirt with shorts that looked really comfy.

"What do you need?" she asked, while swallowing part of the bacon.

"I... ehm.. need you to go with me," kid stuttered.

"What? Where?" Kari asked. She had no idea what this kid need from her.

"Ehm... My friend is looking for a girlfriend."

Jonathan found that statement somewhat funny. He laughed and said to the kid: "I'm sorry lad, but this lady already has company."

"But... my friend is sad and a girlfriend will cheer him up," the kid insisted on his request. He started pulling Kari out of her seat. Jonathan started getting up to interfere.

"Okay, okay, wait! We'll both go and will cheer your friend, okay?" Kari made her mind. "But I don't want boyfriend."

Kid agreed to the condition with simple nod.

"But what about our breakfast?" protested Jonathan, but he got up and followed Kari and the boy.

"I'm sure you'll love him," he said when he was leading the way. They passed several tables with couples and families having late breakfast and finally got to the table at the other side of the park. It has been placed under the shadow of cherry tree. There was a black-haired boy around their age sitting there alone. He looked up when he heard someone approaching.

"No! Not you again! Get away!" he jumped up and started shouting at Jonathan. He then noticed Kari. "And you! How dare you coming here after refusing my help!"

The duo exchanged confused faces. Then Kari noticed Sunflora mask on the table.

"You're the guy who interrupted us earlier!" she said.

"I was trying to protect you," the boy claimed.

"I don't need protecting," Kari opposed.

"Of course you do! You're damsel in distress, who needs a hero to save her."

"You're delusional," Jonathan interrupted the boy.

"Silence!" the boy was getting really angry at the duo. The boy in the yellow T-shirt ran away in fear. "I'll give you one more chance to leave the villain and praise me as your savior. And then buy me a breakfast"

Kari shook her head in disbelieve. She had enough of all of this. She didn't want to deal with this entitled kid now. She would rather continue with the breakfast. She turned around and started walking away. "No, thank you. I already paid for the breakfast of this villain." She pointed at Jonathan.

Jonathan, who lost his signature smirk during this conversation, looked at the boy for the last time and followed Kari back to their table.

"You don't walk away from me like that!" the boy was furious. He grabbed one of his Pokéballs and almost called out his Pokémon.

Jonathan picked one of his Pokéballs, smirked again and said: "Do you really want to do this again?"

The hero froze on the spot and the duo got back to their table. They finished the food and decided to go straight to Pewter Gym.
Inventory
Spoiler:

Pokémon
Spoiler:

Back