• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Kanto: Back to Basics (M)

Years
Kari Forsberg
060MS.png
120MS.png
235MS.png
Route 2
Mission 5

Kari spent a while investigating the graffiti. She found out that the green paint the wall was painted with is still fresh and that not only the wall, but also near trees and even some buildings on the other side were vandalized. She tried to make any sense out of it, but no idea came to her. She decided to sit on the wall and watch if the culprit won't return to the scene of the crime.

It didn't take long and she noticed a silhouette making it's way back to the trees. A Pokémon. Kari could tell that she saw it few years back in Olivine City, but didn't know how is it called. She took out her Pokédex and aimed it at the unknown Pokémon.

"Smeargle, the Painter Pokémon. A Normal-type. Smeargle uses the liquid that comes out of its tail to make unique marks that establish its territory," said robotic voice of Pokédex.

Oh, so this is the meaning of the graffiti, Kari thought. She got up and started slowly walking towards Smeargle.

"Hey!" she tried to get its attention. "You can't just over other people's houses and walls."

Smeargle turned. The moment it saw Kari, it stopped and started running toward her, holding its tail with its small hands. Kari stopped, clearly surprised by the reaction. She quickly grabbed one of her Pokéballs.

"Po, protect me with Water Gun," she screamed as she made few steps back and threw her Pokéball. Neptune came out of the Pokéball with a flash and attack still running Smeargle with Brine. It hit Smeargle and sent it down on the ground. It was still holding its tail. Actually, it even wave it at the Neptune's direction and Kari could swear she saw the green tip of Smeargle's tail turned blue for a moment. It got up and aimed the tail at Neptune. It shot water out of its tail, surprising both Kari and Neptune. Neptune was able to dodge and was preparing to attack back again.

Smeargle suddenly lost interest in Neptune and once again run towards Kari. It missed it and when Kari turned, she noticed old lady standing near the wall, cleaning it. It grabbed lady's hand and it tried to stopped her in cleaning.

"Stop it, dear," she said calmly, like this wasn't the first time this happened. But Smeargle didn't stop.

"Excuse me," Kari walked to the lady. "Do you know this Smeargle?"

"Yes," lady answered slowly. "It used to play with my Meowth." Kari noticed that she said the last few words with the sadness in her voice.

Smeargle finally let free of the lady's arm and started painting something on the wall again.

"Used to play?" Kari asked hesitantly.

"My Meowth... He got abducted by Team Rocket last week," lady said with tears forming under her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry to hear that," Kari apologized.

Smeargle returned and grabbed Kari by her leg to get her attention. It pointed to the wall. There was badly painted portrait of Meowth. And an arrow pointing towards Route 2. Not just one arrow. What Kari thought was just gibberish were all arrows pointing in one direction.

"Wait a minute," she looked at the Smeargle. "You know something more, don't you?"

"Smee," nodded Smeargle.

"Do you want us to follow you?" Kari asked. Smeargle nodded again.

Kari turned to the lady: "I have a feeling that not everything is lost. We should follow him."

Lady barely managed to stand up. She sit on the wall, exhausted. "Go without me. I'm too old for this. But bring back my Meowth, please."

"I'll try." She called Neptune back to its Pokéball.

Smeargle started running in the direction of the arrows and Kari followed it. She noticed that there are arrows even on the trees. It didn't took long and they got near a small cave. So small Kari couldn't fit it. But Smeargle shouted something inside the cave a Meowth with baby Meowth in his mouth came out. It got tag around his neck. Kari figured out that this must be that lost Meowth. But the old lady didn't mention baby Meowth. Another Meowth with yet another baby came out of the cave. This one wasn't tagged.

Smeargle turned around and looked inside the forest.

"Is something there?" Kari asked it.

Team Rocket Grunt jumped out of the bush as Smeargle nodded. He moved in front of Kari and the Meowth family.

"Finally," the Grunt said. "I've been waiting here for days to get those Pokémon out of that cave. Hitmontop, get them!" He called out his Pokémon.

She picked Po's Pokéball, but Smeargle stopped her.

"You want to fight?" Kari asked it. Smeargle was determinated to win.

"Okay, use Tackle... or something." Kari commanded. Smeargle looked confused.

"Triple Kick!" Shouted Grunt. Hitmontop got on his head and started spinning. He was able to hit Smeargle multiple times.

"Smeargle, are you okay?" Kari yelled in horror.

"End that brat with Rolling Kick!" Hitmontop spun around Smeargle and hit it to back.

"No, Smeargle!" Kari wasn't sure how to control non-Water-type and started panicking. "Do that thing you did earlier!"

Smeargle waved his tail and the paint turned brown for a moment.

"Okay, let's try Rolling Kick!" Kari guessed. Smeargle turned around and kicked Hitmontop. It was enough to knock him to the ground.

"Lucky strike," said the Grunt.

"Smeargle, continue with Rolling Kick!" Kari commanded the Painter Pokémon. It kicked Hitmontop again.

"Hitmontop, Counter." Hitmontop grabbed Smeargle's feet and slammed the Pokémon to the ground. It fainted.

"Now, Hitmontop, get rid of that brat. Rolling Kick!" Hitmontop started spinning again, moving closer to Kari. She picked Po's Pokéball and it opened in her hand. Po appeared in front of Kari and immediately formed a mud ball at the end of his tail. It shot it at Hitmontop. The collision resulted in explosion that forced Kari's new cap off her head.

It was enough to knock out already weak Hitmontop. The Grunt returned it to the Pokéball and without words vanished in the forest. Kari wanted to follow him, but she knew she would never find this place again. She decided to stay.

Smeargle got up after the battle. With its help, Kari was able to convince Meowth and his new family to return to his owner. Apparently, the Meowth became a protector of a wild pack of Meowth and couldn't get home because of that Team Rocket Grunt.

Kari was satisfied with how the things turned up and after some thanks and goodbyes, she got ready to leave, when she was interrupted by Smeargle. It painted a Pokéball on the path in front of her.

"You want to come with us?" Kari was surprised.

"Smea, smea," Smeargle nodded.

Kari grabbed one of her free Pokéballs. Smeargle touched it with its tail. The Pokéball opened and sucked Smeargle in it. It shook once and then clicked, signalizating successful catch.

With her new Pokémon, Kari headed into the new adventure.
Inventory
Spoiler:

Pokémon
Spoiler:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; max-width: 700px;"]

Jake Blackwood

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

CpYbFPd.jpg

Chapter 4 – Even More Lost

Jake lay slumped at the base of a large tree, Swinub clutched tightly in his arms. His sounds of sniffling only being silenced by periodic small cries of pain from Swinub, Jakes heart becoming ever heavier as each cry passed.

'How could I let that happen? I should have been more careful!' thought Jake as he gritted his teeth in a futile attempt to keep his eyes from watering up.

He sniffled once more before closing his eyes. He took a deep breath and moved one of his shaky hands down towards his belt. He clenched Swinubs Pokéball tight and brought it up close before regretfully returning the small Pokémon. He knew it was the right thing to do but he couldn't shake the feeling that he was somehow abandoning Swinub, that he was leaving it to deal with the pain on its own.

He reattached the Pokéball to his belt and sluggishly raised himself up onto his feet. He took a deep breath before using his sleeves to clean up his cheeks. He rubbed his puffy red eyes and then depressingly looked around at the area he found himself in. Unsurprisingly, he was lost. In his haste in picking up Swinub and running away he had unwittingly strayed far from the direction through Viridian forest that he had intended to try and take.

He looked all around but no direction seemed to offer any kind of indication that it was a potential way through to the exit, so after a while, Jake chose at random and hoped for the best. He slowly started trudging forward until he slowly vanished from sight among the dense undergrowth. Unknown to him however, something was watching him...

As time moved on so did Jake through the forest, although, he was still very much lost. Determined to leave this place he continued pushing on, he knew that he needed to get Swinub to a Pokémon Centre.

Eventually however, his weary legs gave way and he threw himself down on top of an old tree stump – it felt damn good to take the weight of his legs. He closed his eyes and threw his head back, his previous sour and upset mood now somewhat started to lift due to the exercise and fresh air.

Suddenly! Something came bolting out of the bushes and slammed Jake in the back knocking him to the ground. He coughed and spluttered as he attempted to regain the wind that had been knocked out of him. As he came to, his eyes finally adjusted and it was then he could see it perched up on the tree stump … the Weedle from before! It clearly wasn't in the business of letting people go easily.

Its gaze was firmly fixed on Jake, its eyes filled with anger and bitterness. It leapt down off the tree stump causing Jake to shuffle backwards, not having the time to raise himself properly to his feet. Weedle inched forward, Jake equally inched backwards before a deep thud was heard as Jake banged his head into a tree behind him, he winced in pain and grabbed the back of his head. He was now an easy target. Weedle primed itself to strike before it froze solid. It paused for a few seconds before hurriedly turning and running back into the forest.

Jake finally came to and noticed Weedle disappearing, hopefully for good this time! He quickly noticed however that there were some peculiar sounds coming from behind him, he spun around quickly and noticed a tree moving in a rather bizarre way, almost unnaturally. He squinted his eyes but as he did so the tree stopped.

'Huh? Was that tree … moving? I don't feel any wind or anything here …' thought Jake as he leaned forward and screwed up his face to inspect it further. He prodded the branches a few times but, nothing.

He took a few steps back and sat down on the tree stump again.

He stared at the tree, waiting for something to happen but alas, nothing. Was it all imagined? Did he see something in his state of shock and confusion that was never there?

[/div]

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

|| Alister Palar || Aberdeen Montany ||

|| Viridian City ||

Three soot-stained human children emerged from the rubble, causing the police officer who was intently staring their way already to let out a loud gasp. When the trainers were finally out into the street safely, they were welcomed by several adults, handing them water and blankets. One was Nurse Joy, who immediately went to check up on Endor, and subsequently turned to the pink shape Alister was carrying. Her face fell when she realized the tragedy. She moved towards them, but was stopped from reaching out by Farin.

"Please," the girl said weakly. "I would like to bring my sister's pokémon home."

Alister gave a gentle smile and nodded. "I think that would be for the best," he said, sitting the Nidorino down momentarily to rub the burns on his left arm.

Joy nodded silently and moved on. Farin sighed and gave an appreciative smile towards Ali. "You don't have to keep carrying him, you know," she said. "I'll try… And Aberdeen can help out. Deen?"

The other boy had accepted a waterbottle someone had offered him and was gulping the contents down with no hesitation, until he heard Farin's annoyed voice.

"I've changed my mind," he said. "Let's not battle Blue, let's just go to the next route already."

"Are you for real?" Farin growled. "Fine, leave if you want to. I'm going home to my house. It's at the other end of the city so it shouldn't have been damaged."

Deen finally stopped to reflect on things for the first time in several minutes. He allowed himself to glance at the Nidorino, and actually notice how upset Farin really was. Yeah, he couldn't just leave now. He felt strange, as if the last minutes were a blur. Did they just meet Blue? Shaking his head, he downed the last water, threw the bottle into a nearby trash bin, and walked up to Ali.

Steeling himself, he offered to Ali: "Let me help. Let's get him home to Farin."

Nodding in agreement, Alister grabbed one of his Pokeballs from his belt and returned Endor so he could rest. His fingers brushed one of his other Pokeballs making him pause before he smiled. "Yeah."

Casting a quick glance to the sky for his Starly that he'd previously assigned to help out. He sighed, making a note to ask Nurse Joy if she'd seen him later if he didn't appear by the time they got to Farin's house. Taking a shallow breath, he flashed a smile at Deen before kneeling down to lift the Nidorino.

"Ready to go?" He questioned the two, his eyes darting back and forth between Deen and Farin.

Deen flashed him a confident smile as he lift the creature up together with Ali. Farin watched him closely, almost puzzled, before she gathered herself. "Yes," she said and started to lead the way.

Viridian wasn't a huge city, so the boys weren't entirely exhausted when they finally reached the north-western suburbs where Farin opened a white wooden gate for them. A slightly overgrown stone pathway led up to a cute blue villa.

Farin stopped on the porch. "Maybe we should… Leave him out here. At least on the porch." She looked practically devastated at the thought though. "I will see if my aunt is home." With that, she disappeared inside.

Watching Farin was inside, Alister let his shoulders relax a bit as he sat the Nidorino down. Whistling sharply, he popped his knuckles while looking around at the trees.

"It's… been an eventful day…" He mumbled before shaking his head and glancing at Aberdeen. "I don't think we've actually been introduced, I'm Alister, Alister Palar, it's a pleasure to meet you," he introduced, holding out his right hand to him with a smile.

Deen took his hand immediately and shook it with vigor. "Nice to meet you too! I'm Aberdeen Montany. It's been a crazy day, yes. Would you believe that I only got my first pokémon yesterday?" he said with a little laugh.

Alister chuckled and grinned. "Congrats on getting your first Pokemon," he hummed, absentmindedly tracing the tattoos on his right arm. "I didn't think Kanto was this… eventful, I've only been here for a few days." He added, mild amusement in his voice.

"Me neither…" Deen agreed, looking down on the Nidorino.

Its body was resting against the porch. It had still been slightly warm to the touch, and if he willed his mind enough, he could almost believe it was just sleeping there. But he knew it wasn't.

"This was horrible," he suddenly said, surprising himself a bit by how surprised he sounded. "It doesn't happen every day, rest assured." His eyes wandered over to Alister, and he let himself properly look at the other boy for a moment.

He was shorter than Deen, probably younger too. His clothing, albeit a bit dusty now, looked peculiar. Pretty cool. And was that a tattoo? And what was up with his eye color?

"Where were you from, Ali? Uh, is it alright if I call you Ali?"

Alister chuckled and nodded a bit. "I don't mind," he replied, a playful smile on his lips. "I'm from the Hoenn region, quite a ways from Kanto." He added with a bit of a laugh, skirting around any core details of his family, deciding that they didn't need to be said at the moment.

The boy jumped at the sudden movement from a nearby tree as a Starly bolted towards him, landing on his head. "There you are Skylar!" Reaching up to pet the bird Pokémon he flashed Deen another smile as he grabbed one of the Pokeballs on his belt to return the Pokémon that was attempting to nest on his head. "Get some rest," he mumbled, returning the Pokeball to his belt before combing his fingers through his disheveled hair.

"Nice looking Starly!" Deen said appreciatively. "So, Hoenn huh. I've heard about it! I'd like to go there some day. But first, I have to explore all of Kanto. I can't believe I lived most of my life staying put in Pallet Town of all places. Apparently just going to Viridian City is a lot more alive."

He stumbled on himself mentally for using that expression, and glanced back at the sorry pink pokémon on the ground again. Taking a few steps away, he tried to think of something else, quickly, and his eyes noticed the bruised skin on Ali's arm.

"Ali! Did you get burned?"

"Thank you." Alister hummed before he glanced down at his arm nodding and began rummaging through his bag.

"Yeah, I didn't think about it at the time, but the flames superheated this," He replied, pulling out the blue-metaled armlet from his bag to show Deen.

"It didn't take to long either." He added with a chuckle.

Deen grabbed his hand and stared intensely at the burns for a moment, before his face shone up. "I think I do have something for this! Give me a second."

Without letting go of Ali's hand, Aberdeen reached with the other hand for the backpack he had put down on the ground earlier, rummaged around in one of its pockets, and pulled out a small re-sealable plastic bag that he put in Ali's other hand.

"Should be this one. Or maybe this is the one making you really warm instead, but I hope not! Worst case it'll just taste bad. As a kid I once broke into my dad's berry boxes and ate all kinds, and I turned out fine. Well, mostly fine," he added with a wink and finally let go.

Alister chuckled and flashed him a grin. "This one is Rawst berries, they're good for healing the burns of Pokémon and help to accelerate the healing process of them for humans too." he hummed, fumbling with the bag momentarily before opening it.

"Thank you Deen." grinning Ali ate one of the berries, nodding a bit. "Perfectly ripe." resealing the bag, he handed it back to Deen.

"Rawst! That's right," Deen said with a nod. "I always forget what they're called, but I know what they look like and smell like and such. I remember Orans though, got a bigger bag of them here. Maybe your Trapinch and Starly would like some? Or maybe later, so they can have when they have rested in their pokéballs for a while longer."

He put the berries back into the backpack and flung it over his shoulder again. "My Chikorita and Poliwag would probably like some too. Maybe we should even go to the pokémon center… They both helped out during the fires."

"Yeah, a trip to the Pokémon Center is probably a good idea." Nodding Alister began to go through his bag again, this time pulling out a box of bandages.

"I probably don't go to the Pokémon Center enough, well for myself anyway I take Endor there relatively often if it's nearby." He added with a laugh staring at the box before shoving it back in his bag. "Ironic that I have most things for treating injuries in here but no burn specific bandages…" He mumbled, pulling out several other types of bandages before shaking his head.

Looking up he glanced Deen over, checking for and injuries before he paused on his face, momentarily admiring his eyes.

"Glad it looks like you got out relatively unscathed minus a lot of soot." He hummed, drawing his eyes away to glance at the house.

Deen flashed him another confident smile back, just when another voice interrupted them.

"You should probably wash your wound before bandaging it."

It was Farin, standing on the porch now with a solemn face. A quite tall woman who was pretty similar to Farin walked up behind her from the door and laid her eyes on the Nidorino.

"Dear…" was all she said about that before she turned to the boys with a comforting smile. "You should come inside, boys. Clean yourselves up a bit, there is a stew brewing also if you feel hungry. You too, dear," she added towards Farin. "I will take care of Nido."

Farin nodded blankly, and waited for the boys.

"Thank you." Smiling at Farin's aunt, Alister bowed his head to the woman before heading inside.

Deen followed him, with a "Thank you!" as he passed Farin's aunt.
The teenagers set the table together, in silence. Farin's home was a bit odd, with plenty of mis-matched lamps, curtains and ornaments around. But it was still quite cozy.

When Farin's aunt entered, they sat down and had a meal that was very tasty but also very silent. Farin didn't initiate any conversation, so all that was passed was a few polite sentences between the other three. At least they learned that the aunt's name was Berecca.

When Alister and Berecca did the dishes, since Alister naturally offered to help, she tried to offer an insight into why Farin was so silent.

"We still haven't heard from her sister."

Consequently, it was with some uneasy feelings the boys said goodnight to Farin as they went to set up in the guest room, which conveniently had a huge bed where they both could fit with air to spare.

In the en-suite bathroom, Deen freshened up a bit, having already hung up most of his smoke-smelling clothes in Berecca's garden. When he finally threw himself down into the bed, it was with a heavy sigh.

"This has certainly been a long day." Alister hummed, lightly tugging at the fresh bandages on his arm. He was doing his best not to fiddle with them to much despite the fact they were beginning to itch. Flopping on the other part of the bed he stretched, his back popping as he rolled to face Deen.

"Personally… I don't know what I would do if I was in Farin's shoes… I'd probably be a complete mess though…" He sighed, his thoughts wondering to what if he was in Farin's place and it was his sister instead. His fingers tangled in his hair as he lost himself in thought momentarily.

Aberdeen stared up at the ceiling for a moment as he considered Ali's words. He didn't want to think like that. It brought up painful memories. Memories he usually locked into a dusty cage way off in the cellars of his mind. But he knew Farin was upset, and he didn't just not care about it. Ali wasn't too happy either, he could tell, even if the Hoenn boy seemed to always do his best to smile and be positive. Deen had to admit he appreciated that about him. Ali's disposition had probably made the evening easier for all of them.

So maybe he owed it to him to open up, even if just a little.

"I've been in her shoes," he said, very quietly.

A frown crossed Ali's face momentarily as he mumbled a small sorry. Glancing at Deen he offered him a gentle smile hoping to offer at least a bit of comfort.

"It was a long time ago," Deen said with a shrug, even though it really wasn't that long ago. "Even if the Nidorino didn't make it, I hope she did." He was quiet for a moment before he spoke again. "Despite all this, I want to continue my journey tomorrow. How about you?"

Ali nodded, a small smile on his lips. "My gut feeling says she did so… that's what I'm going with." He hummed, rolling onto his back to stare at the ceiling.

"I think that traveling tomorrow would be for the best. Give the people here time to grieve their losses and begin to rebuild what they need to and then see the progress upon returning in the future." Sitting up, Alister glanced at where his Pokeballs sat on the table. "Aside from that… Endor is itching to start traveling again." He added with a chuckle. He knew well enough, his Trapinch didn't like to stay in one place for to long and he was very much the same, at least if it was in cities.

Now it was Deen's turn to roll over to face Ali. The tattooed boy once again stayed positive, always with a gentle smile on his face. It infected Deen, who felt his face calming down at last too.

"Agreed! I'm like Endor, I can't just sit around or stay for long somewhere. I've been doing that way too much so far in my life. Now it's onwards! For as long as I'm able to. I think… I think I challenged Blue to a gym battle earlier, didn't I?" Deen laughed almost nervously. "Probably that should wait. I'm sure he has his hands full with this disaster for now. Are you also going to Pewter City next?"

Chucking Ali nodded "Yeah you certainly did challenge him and he was exasperated." Pausing momentarily he went through some of the gyms in his head before nodding. "Yeah, Pewter is the next closest city with a gym. I'll probably take the Viridian Forest to get there. Use it to train up my Pokemon a bit before I challenge the gym."

Grinning, Ali slid a hand through his hair. "All this talk about traveling and gyms battles has me ready to go." He laughed to himself. "Really though, traveling is the best. You get to see and learn so much." He added, his eyes focused on the ceiling as he quickly recounted the things he had learned since leaving Hoenn.

"Yeah," Deen agreed, nodding fervently against the pillow. "I want to see all of Kanto. And then all of Hoenn too!"

After that, both boys drifted off to sleep, dreaming about lands far away where no bombs existed.

Alister's Pokemon

Spr_5b_328.png

Endor
Moveset: (egg move) Earth Power, Bite, Faint Attack, Rock Tomb, Sand Attack

Spr_5b_396_m.png

Skylar
Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Wing Attack, Quick Attack

Spr_5b_285.png

Cassia
Moveset: Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

Aberdeen's Pokemon

Spr_5b_152.png

Chikorita
Moveset: Tackle, Razor Leaf, Poisonpowder, Synthesis, Growl, Vine Whip

Spr_5b_060.png

Poliwag
Moveset: (psst, Rika what's Poliwags moves?)

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Viridian Forest

Running through the city, Kiyos arms flailed in the air as he tried his best to evade the fumes and all the rubble that littered the city. He had finally reached his breaking point. Tears streamed down his face as he ran, gasping for air. Sirens blared and flames soared high as people rushed around him, trying their best to evade (or spectate) the ensuing chaos. 'I just want to be ALONE!' He felt like shouting it from the rooftops, but knew it wouldn't be wise. He covered his mouth to stifle his cries, but tears still flowed freely from his eyes.

Kiyo darted between the darkness of the towering skyscrapers and the illuminating flames that ignited them. The officer that was presumably chasing after him was long gone, but Kiyo continued to stay in motion. He rushed through the crowds, unsure of which direction he was even heading. At the moment, he couldn't even tell right from left. It was as if his body was on autopilot. He wasn't running to escape the officer anymore, he was running to escape himself.

Eventually, the buildings he passed began to shrink in height and weren't as densely packed as they were at the center of the city. Kiyo had managed to somehow make his way towards the northern limit of the city. He continued to run, though his pace began to slow as fatigue was finally catching up with him. The dark of the night encompassed him as the cities flames dimmed with each step he'd take. It wasn't long until the buildings he'd used as cover were replaced by towering trees. The pavement he'd previously treaded had now been overtaken by wild grass and sprawling roots. As one does in typical anime fashion, a large root tripped the teen, causing him to land face first into the dewy blanket of grass. He had finally made it to Viridian Forest.

tree_PNG3498.png
The glowing aura from the moon and the stars that twinkled in the sky were the only light that filtered to the bottom of the forest. It was here where nocturnal Pokemon played, evading the watchful eyes of humans and the harsh intensity of the sun. Viridian Forest had become a lot less tame over the years since the construction of Route Two bridged Pewter City and Viridian City. It was in the most natural (and overgrown) state it had been in recent history. Not only was the vegetation much more wild and unkept, but so were the Pokemon that called it home.

For the most part, the wild Pokemon within the forest became much more carefree. It was rare that anyone would willingly choose to trek through Viridian Forest instead of Route Two, so the Pokemon had become accustomed to living a life free of human interaction. That is why a small Pokemon was shocked to find a teen boy passed out face-down in its path.

Kiyo had been unconscious, knocked out on the floor from exhaustion and a small concussion after tripping over a raised root. The teen slowly batted his eyes, his sight blurred from such sound rest. Before he could even raise his head, a small thud kicked him on his side, traveled across his back, followed by a smack on the ground next to him. Finally, he stood up straight and rubbed his eyes and let out a loud yawn. As his vision cleared, he was able to take in the scenery much more clearly. 'Wh-where am I…?' Rubbing his head, 'The last I remember is--'. That's when it hit him. The memories slowly came flooding back. The officer, the fire, and everything predating Viridian City. Luckily, he was in post-anxiety attack stupor. It was as if all his worry and fear had been squeezed out of him. His mind felt hazy, as if he was in some sort of dream-like state. Scanning the vicinity, he saw his Purugly curled up next to a tree, and… a blue blob planted next to him!? It wasn't any blue blob though. This one had a fish-like tail sticking straight up in the air and two appendages attached to it. Kiyo knew that tail anywhere. 'A Poliwag...? Am I back in Pallet Town!?' But as he continued to take in the scenery, the area was much more forested than his hometown. Also, the Pokedex and spare Pokeballs sprawled out in the grass were dead giveaways. 'It wasn't all a dream after all… I really am a Pokemon trainer…'

As Kiyo began to collect his belongings, the Poliwags tail began to twitch. Reaching for his Pokedex, he directed it towards the Pokemon. 'Won't hurt to scan it, I suppose.'

Poliwag, the Tadpole Pokemon. Despite the danger, it wants to come up on land. Waddling along, it rushes back to the water when it senses danger.

logo.png
The robotic voice awakened the tadpole, causing it to immediately jump back on its feet. The pokemon looked up in sheer horror as it saw Kiyo sitting next to it. "Whoa, whoa, hold on," he said, trying his best to deescalate the situation. "You're...a Poliwag. Like back in Pallet Town! I used to play with them when I was younger." He spoke in a calm voice to the Pokemon. The Poliwag had stopped quivering, but still felt weary of the teen trainer. "If only I knew where we were now… maybe--aha!" Kiyo had just remembered his Pokedex had built-in GPS. Clicking the button that would bring up his location, "It says were in… Viridian Forest?" Kiyo scanned the digital map for any notable landmarks. 'A forest right outside of Viridian? How could a forest exist next to a city as bustling as Viridian…' Unfortunately for Kiyo, his Pokedex couldn't pinpoint his exact location, as there wasn't enough signal that deep in the forest. 'Just my luck. I had to run straight into the forest instead of the route built RIGHT next to it. Great going, legs.'

Sensing the trainers defeat, Poliwag shifted to a more empathetic posture. Kiyo took another look at the map, "I don't see any water here…" The Poliwags eyes began to well. "Don't tell me you're lost too…" Sighing, Kiyo scraped together his belongings and stretched his arms as he stood up. "Well, neither of us are gonna find our way home sitting on our ass," he said. He then called to Purugly who still seemed sleepy from the days events. She let out a yawn, opening her mouth wide, unknowingly displaying her sharp teeth and flexing her claws as she arched her back. This frightened the young Poliwag as he immediately shrilled in fear and took cover behind Kiyos leg. Laughing, "It's okay. She's with me," he explained. The Poliwag looked up at the trainer, pleading for reassurance. "I promise." Kiyo then gazed around, looking for the best direction to start walking in. "Now let's get going. The sooner we get outta here, the quicker we can get back home." Kiyo then flared his nostrils, inhaling a subtle, yet sharp scent that seemed to be emanating from under his arms. "And a shower too. After the day I've had, Lord knows I need it."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Viridian City - Goodbye for Now!

Aberdeen
152MS.png
060MS.png

Alister
Spr_5b_328.png
Spr_5b_396_m.png
Spr_5b_285.png

The morning sun barely poked through the dim smoke that still hung sadly over Viridian City. Areas near the gym were still sizzling, but the firepeople and plenty of pokémon had done a remarkable effort and managed to save most of what could have been saved.

In a house on the outskirts of the city, two boys and a girl were eating breakfast, with not much more glee than the dinner the day before. Farin was still mostly wearing a blank expression, and Deen and Ali figured it was best not to try to force her to cheer up, considering what she was going through. A pokémon friend lost, and a sister with as of yet unknown whereabouts.

The boys announced that they didn't intend to overstay their welcome, and as such started preparing to leave right after breakfast. Farin nodded and offered them hugs for good-bye, but she avoided questions on whether or not she would continue her journey as well or not. Perhaps time was what she needed. No one would fault her for that now.

As they waved the Rossos off and walked out of their garden, Aberdeen took a deep breath. "I don't think I will stop by the pokémon center before leaving the city," he said. "Chikorita and Poliwag got lots of rest and aren't hurt, and I imagine the center has their hands full on damaged pokémon from yesterday."

He looked to the street leading north. The edge of the city was only a short walk away, and the deep Viridian Forest and entrance to Route 2 could be seen in the distance. Ah, right. He had studied the map a bit; the road to Pewter City was split. Most trainers took the easy route around the forest. There would probably be a lot of opponents to train against there. But the forest and its untold dangers and wild pokémon… That was tempting too.

"So where will you go, Ali?" Deen asked.

"I plan to buy some supplies before heading to Viridian Forest." He said with a small grin.

"What about you?"

"I'm pretty well stocked, I think", Deen smiled. "Kind of eager to leave this place. No offense, Farin!" he added over his shoulder, even though he knew she was inside the house and couldn't hear him. "So I think I will set off immediately."

Nodding, Ali flashes Deen a smile.

"See you in Pewter City then?"

Aberdeen nodded as well, and met the other boy's kind eyes. Kind but adventurous. He realized he didn't actually want to leave this new friend he had made. But… Deen didn't intend to have a safe journey ahead. His whole purpose was risk and danger. Exhilaration. So far, that had not gone well for people accompanying him. Deep down he knew very well that he was no part of the reason for Farin's current plight or Nidorino's fate. But he still felt like he would be better off alone.

Of course, that didn't mean they could never meet again.

"Yeah!" he said and offered a handshake. "See you there! Take care, Ali!"

"You too Deen!" Ali grinned, taking Deen's hand. "And maybe next time, we might have a chance to battle too."

With that the two boys set off, going their separate ways, but both headed for the same goal, Pewter City and the Pokemon Gym that waited there for them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
BlueStar_20px.gif
Aberdeen
152MS.png
060MS.png

Viridian Forest - Day 3 - The Stuff That Matters part I
Inventory:
Spoiler:

There were two paths forward. He could reach Pewter City either by walking on the road, or through the treacherous forest. Of course, since he was Aberdeen, he chose the forest. The paved road sounded way too unexciting.

The canopy was lush at the edge of the woods, and practically impenetrable as he got further in. Hardly even any sunlight passed down to the ground where Deen struggled forward. Naturally, Chikorita had a much easier time skipping over rocks, logs and even using her vines to get around when suitable. Deen was frustratingly jealous of her grass pokémon body right then.

Before too long, Deen's belly started groaning, coinciding quite well with Chikorita's doing the same. It seemed like the generous breakfast fuel had run out already. He picked the little creature up into his arms and received a thankful squeal in reaction. But it was interrupted by other sounds. More masculine noises. Distinctly, voices of men up ahead. Curiously, Deen crept closer, his arms well folded around the grass pokémon.

"It's no use! We will never find it!" a young blond man groaned and sunk down on top of a rock.

Next to him in the tiny clearing, a Venonat trembled nervously. Carefully, it reached out and patted its trainer gently on the shoulder. The man looked up with a tired smile and gave the pokémon a rub on its head in return, which seemed to make it relax a bit. That convinced Aberdeen that this was a good person, so he decided that it wouldn't hurt to reveal himself.

"Good day!" he said and trampled out from behind a tree.

The man and the Venonat both jumped in fright, causing Chikorita to jump too, and fall out of Deen's embrace.

"Oh dear, sorry, I didn't mean to startle you!" the man quickly said and rushed up to crouch by the wee banana. She smiled up at him, definitely all alright having fallen on the soft leafy forest floor.

"I thought I was startling you," Deen shrugged. "Are you in some kind of trouble?"

The man stood up, suddenly looking a bit suspicious. "Why do you suggest that?"

"Your Venonatlooks a bit sad," Deen simply said. They book glanced over at the pokémon who indeed still looked a bit down. "And I overheard you sounding like you had lost something."

"Ah," the blonde said and sat back down on the rock as Deen approached next to Chikorita. "It's just... It's... Well. I'm a bug catcher, you see?"

"A bug catcher?"

"Yes! I collect rare, strong bugs! Well, I'm supposed to anyways. For a long time, I didn't put much effort into it, and I only had this Venonat." He patted its head again, earning an appreciative buzz from the pokémon. "He is an amazing friend. But he isn't very rare. After years of seeing my fellow bug catcher club mates capture and raise so many wondrous bugs, I finally decided to go out and make a real effort! And would you believe what I found?"

"What did you find?" Deen asked, faking interest, although he was curious to hear about what he hoped was a really rare pokémon.

"A shiny Caterpie!" the bug catcher exclaimed and gestured vividly. "They are so rare that no one I know has seen one from Viridian or Pewter before! I was the talk of the city for weeks, until..." He hung his head again, and Venonat once again looked nervous.

"You lost it?"

"Somebody has to have stolen it!" the blonde said, a touch of annoyance in his voice.

Deen raised an eyebrow. "Sure, there might still be Team Rocket or other thieves around. But in that case... Why are you out in the forest looking for Caterpie? Why would thieves head into the forest?"

The bug catcher's cheeks turned red. "I... Well they might have..."

The younger boy walked closer with a slow nod. "It ran away, didn't it?"

"How dare you suggest...! I cannot believe you implying..." he tried, but didn't get very far before air simply abandoned him and he once again looked quite deflated. "Yes..." he admitted, finally. "I think Caterpie has run away."

"Was it unhappy?"

The bug catcher glanced at Venonat, who hummed calmly. "No, why would it be unhappy? Everybody loved it! It was my prized champion! The most perfect Caterpie Viridian has seen in decades."

Aberdeen shrugged. "Maybe it didn't like the attention."

"Listen, young man," the man snapped. "I have no desire to listen to your-"

"Truths?"

"-your imprudence! I need to get going and find my prized possession!"

Another eyebrow rose on Deen at that. He felt like he just pieced together something. And now he just had to see this through.

"I'll help you!"

"What? No, no I definitely don't want you to come with me-"

"As an excuse for being rude here, I'm helping you find your Caterpie. Let's go!"

Venonat buzzed happily and followed Aberdeen alongside Chikorita as the trainer barged on ahead. The blonde man sighed in annoyance but swallowed his temper.

"What's your name then, young man?" he asked as he followed the group. "My name is Victor Callup."

"I'm Aberdeen Montany!" Deen called back without turning around. "And don't call me 'young man'. You're a young man! I'm a kid!"

Victor looked almost flabbergasted at that as he jumped over a particularly big root to keep up with the kid. "I've never met a kid who has asked to be called a kid before."

"It's nicer to be underestimated than overestimated!" Deen laughed in front of thim, leaving the bug catcher momentarily speechless.

"I guess you're right... Kid!" he said as they continued.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric had just made it into Viridian Forest, when he heard a rustling in a nearby shrub.

He went to check out the source of the noise, when a wild Bulbasaur, who was looking rather sad about something.

Eric got down to the Seed Pokemon's height and made direct eye contact.

The Bulbasaur uttered a few cries as if to explain why it was feeling so down in the dumps.

"Oh, no... You were abandoned by your Trainer because he found a different Pokemon that he liked more than you?" Eric asked, supporting the grass-type. "How about you come along with me and we'll teach that punk a lesson!"

The Bulbasaur was ecstatic. Its eyes lit up.

Eric grabbed a Great ball he bought at the Pokemart on his way in, and booped Bulbasaur's snoot with it.

1..... 2..... 3..... CLICK! Bulbasaur was caught, I guess?

Eric then saw a Youngster chatting with his friends, bragging about how he abandoned some puny Bulbasaur in favor of his newly evolved Grovyle that he had.

Eric clenched his fists, and walked up up to this punk kid and tapped him on the shoulder.

"So it was YOU! You were the one who abandoned that poor, defenseless Bulbasaur!"

The kid sent out his Grovyle, and said "So what? It had no potential. Grovyle here is a much better grass-type!"

Eric reached for his new Bulbasaur's Pokeball, but accidentally grabbed his Starly's instead!

"Alright Bulba--- Oof! Sorry Starly!" Eric said, letting out the wrong Pokemon. "You know what, we'll make this work! Use Aerial Ace!"

Starly flew up, and struck Grovyle with its wings! It's supper effective!

"Fury Cutter!' The youngster ordered the lizard Pokemon.

Grovyle swung at Starly, who dodged a good chunk of the onslaught, but took a few hits.

"Good job Starly! Quick attack!" Starly used its small size and speed to rush Grovyle.

"LEAF BLADE!" The other kid shouted.

Eric called back Starly to its Pokeball, and send out Bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur came out and was quite angry at its ex-Trainer.

Grovyle's leaf blade hit Bulbasaur for a decent amount of Damage.

"Tackle!" Eric ordered, and Bulbasaur rammed into Grovyle, and defeated it.

"Great, job Bulbasaur!" Eric congratulated. "See? Every Pokemon has potential, from the splashing Magikarp, to the charging Mamoswine." Eric smirked at his defeated foe.

Eric returned Bulbasaur to its Pokeball.

The Youngster flipped Eric off and ran out of the forest in defeat, his friends following suit.

"You better start running!" Eric taunted them.

Eric then continued on his way, deeper into the forest.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; max-width: 700px;"]

Jake Blackwood

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Pokémon:
Spoiler:

CpYbFPd.jpg

Chapter 5 – Uh Oh

'I couldn't have imagined that! Something was definitely there!' thought Jake as he continued to stare at the odd-looking tree, it not flinching in the slightest as usual. He slowly raised himself back onto his feet with what could only be described as the groan of an elderly person. He took a moment to stretch before creeping forward over towards the tree, careful to make his footsteps as light as possible. After sneaking his way over, he raised his hand and hit it with a sharp slap - sure this would cause something to happen but alas, nothing. It took a few seconds to register but Jake's hand started searing in pain, that was no wood he slapped. After he had mostly rid himself of the pain in his hand, his face fell into a state of disappointment, turns out whatever he seen was just all in his mind.

"DAMMIT" roared Jake as he kicked the tree in frustration, he turned and continued his journey through the forest. Unbeknownst to him however, behind his back, something was stirring …

As he walked away, silently, the odd tree started to shift, it peered around revealing a bitter enraged face before thrusting forward and taking a swipe at Jake with one of its branches. Jake – whether it was blind luck or perhaps he heard something rustling, turned around and in an instant ducked down as he spotted this blur coming right for his head. He then quickly looked up and saw it standing right there in front of him, a Pokémon … that looked like a tree?

Jake stood for a few seconds soaking it all in, the Pokémon stood staring right at Jake, its gaze locked against his. Jake finally came to, he shook his head and remembered the Pokédex that the professor had given him, it was for scanning Pokémon!

He threw his backpack around to the front and rustled through it as quickly as possible, he pulled out the Pokédex and aimed it at the Pokémon – his hands trembling, he heard a small beeping sound and before he knew it the screen lit up with an image of the Pokémon he was currently staring down.

"Sudowoodo, the Imitation Pokémon. A Rock type. Sudowoodo imitates a tree to avoid enemy attacks, but its body is more like rock. It's weak against water, and when faced with rain, runs away."

"Holy. Crap. This is cool!!" beamed Jake as his eyes poured over the Pokédex entry. "Sudowoodo huh? It's nice to meet you Sudow…" 'CRASH' Before Jake could finish his sentence Sudowoodo had landed an attack right next to his feet.

He swallowed a lump in his throat and put away his Pokédex before carefully walking backwards. Sudowoodo continued to stare Jake down, its gaze firmly locked.

"Hey come on! I'm sorry I kicked you okay? I didn't even know you were a Pokémon!"

Sudowoodo seemed to care little for Jakes words, making it even more apparent as he launched another attack. In the smoky dust cloud that followed, Jake dived out of the way and ducked in behind some old tree trunks that had fallen over. He took a deep breath and thought about what he could do, he couldn't battle because Swinub was out of action, he felt he couldn't run because he would probably end up more lost than before and he evidently wasn't able to befriend the Sudowoodo so he was pretty much all out of options. It was then that it came to him, he looked down at his belt and noted the 6 Pokéballs, he slowly grabbed the second one and peered out from behind the tree, Sudowoodo had lost track of Jake and was scanning the treeline for him. It was now or never, he exhaled quickly and jumped up from behind the trees and launched the Pokéball hard, it was a direct hit!

The Pokéball opened and out snaked a bright light, it connected with Sudowoodo and before Jake knew it, it had crawled back inside the Pokéball and shut tight.

His heart stopped, his eyes widened, he stared at the now rocking Pokéball with an opened jaw.

It rocked once … twice …, Jakes heart was now racing, but it was to be short lived, the Pokéball flew open and once again there stood the Sudowoodo, now angrier looking than ever. It attacked Jake once more and again by the skin of his teeth Jake managed to scurry away. He was now hiding behind some old rocks. He hesitantly peered around but to his surprise Sudowoodo had once again lost track of him. Now, he was now definitely out of options.
[/div]

Years
Andrea Tuati
240.png
Ahi (Male, Vital Spirit) - Smog, Smokscreen, Flame Burst, Fire Punch, Faint Attack, Dynamic Punch
120.png
Whetu (Genderless, Natural Cure) - Water Gun, Harden, Psywave, Recover, Swift, Scald

Andrea continued to walk up the the remnants of the Viridian City street, the once pristine road now charred and strewn with rubble from the corpses of buildings that lay in ruins along the edges. Most of the fires were out now and those that still remained were under control. Most of the work that remained now was heavy lifting to clear dangerous areas and rescue those trapped - work that neither Andrea nor her two small Pokemon were well-equipped for.

She had returned both her Magby and Staryu to their respective Pokeballs to recuperate after their efforts, leaving her alone in the near silence of the decimated street, only the far off sounds of ongoing rescue efforts to keep her company and ward off the deafening quietness. It was quite the eerie experience.

Looking down at her feet, she could see the scorch marks still on the ground, and blowing gently across the road, the tattered remnants of a simple black cap. She bent down, picking it up to examine it. It looked kind of familiar.

"I wonder who this belonged to," she said to herself, "I hope they're okay."

Zipping past her faster than a speeding bullet was Blue with a determined look on his face. She probably couldn't tell as he was really fast, almost as fast as a Doduo on a Doduo competitive race. He didn't see the girl as he was too determined to catch the fucker that blew up his gym that he worked so hard on to restore back to it's true glory.

"It's on, team Rocket!" He muttered to himself as he took a deep breath and sped up.

Andrea's head whipped up from the hat as a man barrelled past her, muttering angrily under his breath as he ran. This was clearly a man on a mission and this meant that something exciting and interesting was about to go down.

A wicked grin graced Andrea's lips as she stuffed the familiar cap into her back and then took off after the stranger at a brisk pace. After all, how could she not? She took off after the man.

He was close, he could feel it. The forest was getting larger and larger with every step he took, before he was eventually engulfed by its trees and met with a plethora of insect Pokemon. He took this clue to slow down his pace, not knowing that he was being followed.

As soon as he found himself in a clearing, he stopped. Blue looked around, and released a Pokemon from his Pokeball, his trusty Arcanine… that immediately barked upon seeing the girl. On instinct, he spun around and pointed, in which the Arcanine responded to with Extreme Speed, tackling the girl down to the ground in an instant.

"What the fuck, kid."

Contrary to all sense and reason, as the Arcanine collided with Andrea and slammed her into the ground, she immediately started laughing wildly. It hurt like hell, but damn this was exciting.

"Oh wow, that's a cool Arcanine. Really powerful too!" she wheezed out through her laughter.

"Oh my god," Blue nearly facepalmed himself to death. How many kids were going to get in his way?! Is today the annual annoy Blue until he drops day? "...You are incredibly stupid, kid. I don't know who in their right mind would follow a grown adult into the woods and not expect to be hurt."

Andrea, still under the Arcanine, attempted to shrug.

"Probably someone who realises that not all adults are crazy people who'll sick an Arcanine on you. Apparently, you're one of the rare minority there though. Not that you seem that much older than me, frankly." Andrea giggled again. This was definitely interesting.

"Yes, well, you'll learn soon enough that I am no ordinary adult, kid." Blue snapped his fingers and Arcanine gingerly got off the squished girl, now settling to sit beside his trainer. "So again. What the fuck are you doing following me around like a madwoman?"

"Well, i saw you fly past me like a bullet," Andrea said, picking herself up and brushing the dirt off herself a bit, "Seemed liked something interesting was bound to happen if I followed behind you and here we are. So far, I'm not disappointed."

"No."

"I wasn't asking permission," Andrea grinned, "So, where are we going?"

"Get the fuck out of here."

"Well," Andrea replied, "Since you asked so nicely, nope. This is too much fun."

"Oh my god you're just like Red." Blue sighed, "I'm going to count to three, kid. By the time that ends you better be out of this place and out of my way or else I'll sick this monster," He pointed to the cute and cuddly Arcanine, "On you."

"One."

"Uh huh," Andrea said, ignoring the threat and walking directly up to the Arcanine. She proceeded to ruffle its fur, scratching under its chin and behind its ears. "Who's a good boy?"
Arcanine purred.

"..Two," Blue was getting more and more pissed.
Andrea continued to pet the Arcanine, much to the Fire-types immense pleasure.

Blue was fuming. This has got to be one of the most annoying brats he had ever encountered; Green wasn't this infuriating! Green would actually listen. "Three…."

"You're so cute and fluffy. Have some more scritches."

Blue turned his angry stare at the Arcanine, who was almost about to curl into sleep. The canine froze in place when he met his trainer's stare. He whimpered.

"Roar."

The Arcanine whimpered even more.

"ROAR, goddamnit."

It curled into a little ball.

"Oh you stupid son of a…"

Spoiler: Inventory
-Pokedex
-Pokeballs x5
-Town Map
-2600 Pokedollars
-License
-Scald (TM)
-Rocky Helmet (Worn by Ahi)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
BlueStar_20px.gif
Aberdeen
152MS.png
060MS.png

Viridian Forest - Day 3 - The Stuff That Matters part II
Inventory:
Spoiler:

Continuing down the idea that the shiny Caterpie in fact didn't like its trainer, Aberdeen managed to convince Victor that they would not find it by going around in the forest shouting for the pokémon. Instead, they tracked down a Caterpie and Metapod nest, since Victor knew where those normally hung out. Just to make sure they didn't accidentally startle wild pokémon, both Chikorita and Venonat had been returned to their pokéballs for now.

"Really," Victor murmured as they observed the large, bug populated trees from behind some leafage. "You think Caterpie ran back to his kind?"

"Wouldn't you do that?" Deen asked.

"Not really, you don't really understand," Victor sighed. "See, while humans prize the rare variations that are shiny pokémon, in the wild they are sometimes shunned by their normal-colored kind for being different. It's different in different species, of course, but as far as Caterpie go, they need to be able to hide well. Their natural colors have evolved to blend in with Viridian Forest's foliage. My shiny Caterpie, however... He didn't."

"What does he look like?"

"He was like a lantern in the dark, really. So bright, almost golden glowing..."

"Like that one?" Deen suggested and pointed ahead.

On the ground in between the two largest trees that seemed to make up the nest, a new Caterpie had shown up now. But it looked nothing like the others - rather, it was exactly as Victor had described it.

"Yes!" Victor exclaimed and shot up, but Deen shoved him back down.

"Let's see how it goes!" he said enthusiastically.

"What do you mean how it goes? He's right there!"

"He's going to try to talk to his old family," Deen said, focus back on the bugs ahead. "Maybe he prefers to be with them instead of with you."

Victor looked appalled. "They don't want him! You'll see."

On the stems of the trees, plenty of normal green Caterpies started to gather. It wasn't long into their bug chatter before Deen had to admit that Victor's theory was likely true. The Caterpie in the trees didn't seem very happy to see the golden worm return. When he tried to approach them, one of them even fired a String Shot at the shiny pokémon, as a warning. The golden pokémon kept crawling forward though. Deen held his breath. After only a few seconds, just before the yellow bug reached the tree, all the Caterpie above fired their String Shot, this time directly at him. He was engulfed, ensnared, and rooted in the spot. Victor let out a gasp next to Deen.

After what sounded like laughter, the other Caterpie retreated further up into the branches of the large trees, leaving the outcast behind.

Deen let out the breath he had been holding. Victor had been watching him, and nodded slowly now, his mouth a grim shape.

"See? They don't at all appreciate him for what he is."

"That's terrible!" Deen said, visibly upset, and got up from their hiding place with the intent of approaching the shiny Caterpie at last. Maybe he had been wrong. Maybe the pokémon didn't exactly dislike Victor, he just missed home and wished that things were different. Who wouldn't want to be accepted by their own family, after all?

Just as he took the first step forward though, a loud noise startled the whole clearing.

"Wahahaha! Come on!" a practically thunderous voice boomed, as its source and something more tumbled into the scene.

It was a woman, a very large one, Deen would say. Not in the unhealthy sense, but in the "excercises more in one day than you do in one year and can lift you with her little finger" kind of way. Her hair was brown and long, flying wildly around her despite partially being tied up with a band to get it out of her face, it seemed. She wasn't exactly wearing armor, but it did kind of look as if she had prepared to tackle a couple of Rhyhorn and Beedrill head on when she prepared to enter the forest.

"No running away! You challenged us, you better stand up for your choices!" the woman roared and pointed at something on the ground in between Caterpie and Aberdeen with a finger as thick as his wrist.

"It's a... Weedle," Victor's analysis reached Deen from behind. "Why is she fighting a poor Weedle?"

Indeed, a new yellowish bug, exhausted from the looks of it, was on the ground, facing the loud new human. Only now did Aberdeen also notice that the woman wasn't alone; a small teal colored pokémon stood before her, feisty and ready to battle. It was a female Nidoran.

"Hey!" Aberdeen said and walked out to make himself known. "I don't mean to disturb your fun, but we were in the middle of something here. Can we just pass by without getting stung or something, please? And you can return to your battle afterwards!"

The woman seemed surprised to see another human here and now. She wasn't upset though. Instead, she grinned towards the boys. "Of course! Terribly sorry to interrupt you fine gentlemen. You don't mind, do you Weedle?"

The bug jumped at the mention of it, and looked nervously from human to human, and then back to the Nidoran who was leering at it. Deen eyed the two pokémon curiously. Maybe they were really just battling to capture the wild pokémon, but the large woman was speaking pretty oddly.

"Come on," Victor said and pulled the entranced Deen along with him.

The Weedle stared helplessly up at Deen as they passed by a few feet from it. As their eyes met, Deen couldn't help but feel as if there was despair in its small, beady pupils. "I don't think it wants to get captured," he said.

"Wild pokémon seldom do," Victor responded, with a small glance at the still smiling woman some ten meters away. "But my Caterpie did! Hi Gildeboy!! I'm so happy to have found you! Oh, what a mess those mean wild pokémon made."

He crouched in front of the shiny pokémon and began untangling the String Shot web. Caterpie didn't fluster or fight against it. In fact, ever since it was sprayed and rooted, it had been staying completely silent and still. It was probably devastated from the rejection, Deen figured. It actually tugged at his heart strings a little bit.

Behind them, the battle was continuing.

"We will show you who's got the toughest Poison Sting!" the woman shouted. "Go, Nidoran! Poison Sting!"

Nidoran shot forward, and the Weedle did too, even though it looked more afraid than eager to fight. Two horns clashed, missed each others tips naturally, but Weedle nimbly avoided to get stung by the edge that slid against its horn. Nidoran was less nimble, and Weedle's tip hit her in the neck when her head twisted from the impact. She came to a halt and groaned.

"Oh, impressive!" the woman said, for once not at an ear-splitting volume.

Deen thought she would just thunder on and command a new move, but instead she walked up to Nidoran, past the terrified Weedle, and crouched beside her. "There there. We can't always hit or win. But we can continue, if you want?"

The Weedle beeped at her, as if to say 'what if I don't want to!!', and she actually turned around to face it with an amused face. "You attacked us, little mister, you ain't got a say in this. If you start something, you follow it through to the end!"

Yeah, Deen liked this woman. She was cool.

"There we go," Victor said behind him, finally having freed the golden Caterpie on the ground. "Why did you run away, Gildeboy? You were famous! Let's go home now, everybody has missed you so much! We will have a welcome home party with you on display!"

The blue Nidoran glanced past its trainer at the Weedle as well, before she looked up at the woman again with a smile and shook her little blue head. The trainer laughed heartily and picked Nidoran up into a warm hug. "I see. That is fine then! We had fun, no need to push too far. Unless you disagree, Weedle?"

The worm shooked its head frantically, relief practically radiating off it now.

Aberdeen looked back to Victor, who was fumbling around with some pokéballs until he found the right one. "There we go. Return, Gildeboy!"

"Wait!" Deen said and placed himself in between the trainer and the pokémon. The pokéball's red beam hit his belly harmlessly and yielded no results.

"What now?" Victor said, his annoyance clear. "We found my Caterpie!"

"Look at them," Deen said and pointed towards the other group in the clearing.

The sturdy woman and the small Nidoran were laughing together. The Weedle had started to crawl away, but now it hesitated. It was looking back at its previous opponents with an almost longing look. The trainer noticed it.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I almost forgot to say goodbye!" she said and sunk down to her knees. "Thank you for the battle, Weedle! Maybe we'll see you again!"

Nidoran too nodded happily towards the bug, who seemed more and more dreary for each passing second.

"Unless..." the trainer started saying, obviously pretending to be thinking really hard. "Unless you would rather come with us? As a member of our team?"

The change in the Weedle's mood was instant. It shone up with a brilliance that almost made Deen think it was going to evolve there and then.

"Wahaha! It's settled then! Welcome, Weedle! Together we shall practice the strongest Poison Sting the world has ever seen!"

As Weedle was enveloped in the light of a new pokéball, Aberdeen turned, chuckling, back to Victor. The bug catcher had been watching the situation with one eyebrow heavily raised.

"So what?" he asked now. "What's your point, kid?"

"How are you treating, uh, Gildeboy?" Deen asked pointedly. "Like a prized artifact on display, or as your actual trusted buddy and teammate? Like you treat Venonat?"

Victor grew very uncomfortable, and took a step backwards. Especially as the strange, large woman was now also walking up to them to listen in on what Deen had to say, both of her venomous pokémon in happy tow.

"I know that trainers sometimes capture pokémon that don't actually want to leave their wild life. That's just how things are. But regardless of if they joined you because they chose to or not, you should treat them as your friends! Not as your battling tools or possessions to show off. I don't know much about being a trainer yet, I know," Deen admitted and shrugged, "But I've been living with pokémon my whole life. They're my friends, and they have just as real needs for love and friendship as you and I do."

"Hey now, k-kid-"

"Caterpie ran away because you didn't care about him! If you want him to come home with you, you've got to promise him that he won't just be your collectible!"

Victor's cheeks were deeply red and he looked anywhere but at any of the other living beings under the trees. Gildeboy, however, was glancing up at his trainer curiously.

"That's not too much to ask, is it?" the woman said softly behind Deen. "I firmly believe pokémon grow even stronger even faster when they have a great bond with their trainer and other pokémon teammates!"

"You..." Victor swallowed hard, and for a moment it looked as if he was going to spit a curse into Aberdeen's face. Instead, he burst into tears, surprising everybody. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry Gildeboy, uaaaah!" He fell down to the ground with hysterical sobs. "I j-just wanted to be famous! I was s-so lucky to f-find you and finally the others saw me as a good b-bug catcher! I shouldn't have let that matter so much! I should have treated you as a person instead of as an object! I'm s-sorryyy!"

Deen and the woman gave each other a glance and neither could help but smile. "Well done, kid," she whispered.

It took quite a few minutes, but eventually Victor had calmed down enough to pick the golden Caterpie back up and he looked as if he was never going to physically let go of the creature again. Gildeboy didn't seem to mind. The bug beeped happily where it sat wrapped in its trainers arms.

"So where are you heading now?" the large woman asked the boys.

"I'm going to Pewter City!" Deen said. "Am a journeying trainer!"

"Wahaha! You plan on taking on the gym challenge?"

"I guess... Although I didn't battle Blue. This time around."

"Better wait with facing him anyways, kid," the woman advised. "He's been through a lot in his life. He's not for rookies to battle!"

"You're probably right!" Deen laughed.

"I'm heading back to Pewter City as well," Victor said, still sniffling a little bit. "I can find my way around decently in this forest. Care to join me, kid?"

"Actually, I've changed my mind," Deen said, suddenly with a serious look.

"What? You want to go back to Viridian instead?"

"Oh, no not that. About you calling me kid. You don't seem very grown-up at all, compared to an actual grown-up," Deen clarified, gesturing towards the big woman.

She let out a hearty laugh, and Victor was once again pink cheeked and flustered.

"I'm not that much older than any of you, I assure you! But how about I call you both 'kids' and you call me by my name, huh?"

"Sure," Deen smiled. "But my real name is Aberdeen, and this is Victor!"

"Nice to meet you, kids," the woman joked, but shook Aberdeen's outreached hand gladly. "I am Vanire! Vanire Rosso from the Viridian Gym!"

Aberdeen nearly flinched, and forgot to release his grasp on her hand. "You're... You're Farin's big sister?"

"Wahaha! You've met my sis?"

At first, Deen felt happy and relieved. She was alive after all! But then he remembered... She clearly didn't know about the bombing, then. The destruction of her dear gym. And the fate of her Nidorino...

"What's wrong?" Vanire said, picking Deen's cramped hand off of hers finger by finger. "Has something happened?"

He swallowed hard. Oh, how serious emotional situations made him want to crawl out of his own skin. But, he kind of owed Farin this.

"Vanire... We should talk."

Last edited:
Years
Kari Forsberg
060MS.png
120MS.png
235MS.png
Route 2
Training

Kari sat down on a bench and started eating her lunch. She also let Po, Neptune and Dante out to eat their portions of Pokémon food. While eating, she noticed someone approaching her. When the person got closer, she got better look. It was a boy around her age. He got blonde hair and blue eyes. He was a little bit higher than her. He looked kinda cute. When he saw her, he quickly cut the distance between them.

"Excuse me officer," he said when he was close. "Do you know which way to Pewter City?"

Kari looked confused. She then realized that she's wearing a police vest and hat.

"Sorry, I'm not an officer," she told him. "I just don't have anything else to wear."

"You're a trainer then?" he got excited. "How many Pokémon do you have? How many badges did you get so far? Forget that, let's have a battle!"

It took Kari a moment to process all the things that boy said. Before she could answer, he pulled out a case form his backpack.

"I already have 3 badges. From Celadon, Vermillion and Cerulean City," he opened the case and Kari could see three badges pinned inside. Two of them seemed like a flowers, but Kari was more interested in the one resembling a tear. "So? How many do you have?"

"None. I only just started my journey," she replied.

"You just started? But you already caught 3 Pokémon. That's something," he said and pointed at Kari's team.

"Really? How many Pokémon do you have?" The boy aroused her interest.

"Why don't you find out in a battle?" he challenged her again. He turned around and walked few metres away. "By the way, my name is Jonathan," he introduced himself with a bow, when he turned back at her.

Kari was amused by him.

"Kari. Okay, let's have a battle," she agreed. "Po, are you ready?" she looked at her Pokémon. Tadpole Pokémon noded and jumped besides his trainer.

"Poliwag?" Jonathan smirked. He picked a Pokéball from his belt. "Come out, Poliwhirl!"

"Poliwhirl?" Kari said, surprised. Poliwhirl came out of its Pokéball. Kari could tell just by the look at him that he was raised well. Po looked determinated to win "Well, we'll still win this."

"You can try. Ladies first," he let her start the battle.

"Po, jump to the air and attack with Mud Shot!" Kari commanded her Pokémon. Both Neptune and Dante finished their meal and started watching the battle.

Po jumped to the air and a muddy ball started forming at the end of his tail. He sent it against Poliwhirl when it was big enough.

"Poliwhirl, dodge and counter with Ice Punch!" Jonathan shouted to his Pokémon. Poliwhirl dodged with easy and also jumped to the air. His right fist froze midair and he punched Po with it. Po hit the ground.

Dante was watching Poliwhirl and waved his tail at him. The paint changed to Cyan for a moment. Then it turned back green.

Kari run to the lying Po. "Po! Are you okay?" Po wasn't moving.

Jonathan, realizing that the attack was too powerful called Poliwhirl back and make his way to Kari and Po. He pulled a Potion out of his backpack.

"This will help him," he gave the Potion to Kari.

"Get away," she slapped the Potion away. She looked at still unconscious Po and ripped out the Potion from Jonathan's hands. "Wait, give it to me." She applied it and Po opened his eyes. Kari hugged him.

"Kari, I'm sorry for this," Jonathan apologized. "I should have been more careful."

"Yeah, you should have," she retorted, still holding Po. But there was something about this boy that made her forgave him quickly. "Thanks for the Potion," she said finally.

"It's nothing. Is there anything else I could do?" he asked her.

"Actually..."

She realized, how weak she was. She lost here only after one attack, she lost to that Grunt earlier today and she got almost killed multiple times last night. She also remembered Andrea and her powerful Magby. She was sure she would lose to them too. And this boy seemed like a strong trainer.

"Do you think you could teach me and Po some new moves?" she asked him.

"I could. But only under one condition," Jonathan said.

"What condition?"

Jonathan smirked again: "You'll accompany me to Pewter City."

"Okay, I was heading that way anyway," Kari agreed. She got up and packed her things from the bench.

"And you'll go on date with me to the Pewter Museum," Jonathan whispered.

"What did you said?" Kari asked, because she didn't hear what he was saying.

Jonathan's face turned bright red. "Let's go. I said, let's go."
Inventory
Spoiler:

Pokémon
Spoiler:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

WEpb9vd.png

|| Alister Palar ||

328MS.png
396MS.png
285MS.png
Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

Bag
Spoiler:

|| Viridian City/Viridian Forest ||

My fingers fiddled with the bandages on my left arm, tugging at them here and there as my armlet caught on them. Grumbling in mild annoyance at the cloth, I slowly made my way to the Viridian Pokemart to stock up on some supplies.

"Welcome!"

The clerk called from behind the counter. Offering a soft "hello" as a reply, I dipped into the aisles of items for sale, my eyes scanning the objects. Grabbing two Greatballs and two Pokeballs, I quickly figured the math in my head, 1800 poke. Walking up to the counter I quickly checked out before shoving the newly purchased items in my bag.

"Come again!"

The clirk chimed as I walked out onto the somewhat busy streets. The city was still abuzz with the events of yesterday making a frown cross my lips. Despite getting the opportunity to meet some very kind and amazing people, the events of yesterday were down right horrible. Shaking my head I tried to clear my thoughts a bit before theu drifted back to the conversation I'd had with Deen only a little earlier in the morning. 'We'll meet in Pewter City.' A grin crossed my lips at the thought of the city with my first Kanto gym as I began to make my way North towards Viridian Forest.

Wind rustled the leaves overhead, offering a refreshing breeze despite the growing temperatures. Glancing around at the lush scenery I smiled to myself.

"This Forest sure is dense. Not as bad as some of the Forests I've been through but if I'm not careful I can get turned around."

I mumbled, adjusting the strap of my messenger bag. Continuing deeper into the forest, I stopped in my tracks as I spotted a trainer who seemed rather paniced. Looking at me he stared momentarily before jogging over to me.

"Hey have you seen an unsual Caterpie, its a gold color? My Caterpie is missing."

He explained, biting his lip when I shook my head.

"Oh man... well, thanks anyway."

He sighed, his shoulders slumping. Smiling slightly I shoved my hands into the pockets of my shorts.

"I may not have seen your Caterpie but, I will help you look."

"Really?!"

"Yeah. Where is the last place you saw him?"

"Just West of here, I was training with him and my Weedle when we got seperated."

"Alright, I'll start from there then."

Flashing the kid a smile, I grabbed Skylar's Pokeball and let him out.

"Alright Skylar, take to the sky and see if you can spot an oddly coloured Caterpie."

I stated, gently rubbing under his beak before he took to the sky. 'Well, that was a lot easier than the last time I sent him to do something... now let's hope he doesn't get lost again.' Chuckling at my own thoughts I set off West into a denser part of the Viridian Forest.

Pushing some branches out of my way, I ventured deep into the brush, far off of any of the nearby forest paths. My eyes meticulously scanned the area, searching for the small, gold colored Caterpie that I had been tasked with finding. Scratching the back of my neck I sighed, watching as Skylar dipped down through the tree leaves, landing on a nearby branch. The usually brash Starly looked spooked, glancing over his shoulder every few seconds as I approched.

"Hey, Skylar it's alright."

I cooed softly, reaching up to pick him up off the branch. After gently stroking his feathers for a few moments, he calmed down, wiggling out of my grasp. With a few chirps he took off, heading North of where we were. Raising an eyebrow, I quickly followed after him and before long, my eara were met with a faint buzzing that grew louder and louder the further I went. I slowed my pace as Skylar landed on the ground and looked over a bush into a near by clearing.

"Oh man, thats an entire swarmnof Beedrill and go figure, there is the missing Caterpie, right in the center."

I sighed, rubbing my temples a bit before I retuned Skylar.

"Alright, it's your turn Cassia."

Letting my Shroomish from her Pokeball, I watched as she got her bearings before freezing. Turning slowly, she looked up at me, her eyes wide with fear.

"It's alright Cassia."

I whispered, kneeling down to gently pat the top of her head.

"We need to rescue that Caterpie. Do you think you can go out there and use Stun Spore?"

I questioned, a smile forming on my lips as she turned to look at the cowering Caterpie. After what seemed like a breif moment of hesitation she let out a small "Shroo," and set off into the center of all the Beedrill.

I watched Cassia slowly sneak into the center of all of the Beedrill before freezing as they turned to her. "I mumbled a small "Oh no," as she began to panic, quickly using stun spore before tackling the caterpie. I watched as the small, gold colored Pokemon flew into the air before landing, dead center on Cassia. With a "shroo," she quikly ran towards me with several Beedrill hot on her trail.

"Ah, no don't bring them... fuck to late!"

Turning on my heel, I quickly sprinted from behind the bush, stopping to grab the Caterpie from atop of Cassia and return her before running once again.

"Oh man, oh man!"

Holding the Caterpie close, I sprinted through the rather dense forest, cussing lowly under my breath as the Beedrill caught up.

"Damn it!"

Sliding to a stop, I grabbed a Pokeball from my belt.

"Endor, use Rock Tomb!"

Tossing the Pokeball, I quickly backstepped, avoiding one of the Beedrill's stingers.

"Tra!" With a low rumble, Endor quickly immobilized the Beedrill, causing them to faint. After a few moments, he broke the rocks and we headed on our way back to the Caterpie's trainer.

"You found him! Thank you! I know it's not much but, I want you to have this."

He said as he returned his Caterpie and pulled 250 poke from his bag. Accepting the reward, I set off on my way, once again headed for Pewter City with Endor at my side.

Mission Reward: +250 Pokedollars

Pokemon
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Viridian Forest

Kiyo tried his best to piece together where he was, but it was no use. 'I am so lost…' There was no way to tell which direction was correct as it was still rather dark outside. With him, his Purugly, and the Poliwag that had decided to tag along, Kiyo had his own little entourage now. The three walked in a straight line, hoping it would lead out of the forest sooner or later. Kiyos clothes were tattered and stained with dirt while Purugly was obviously feeling pushed to her limits. She was a housepet after all and wasn't used to such activity. If she had the energy, she would probably have playfully tormented the scared Poliwag, but instead she kept a few paces behind it and Kiyo.

No matter how much Kiyo looked at the map on his Pokedex, the land he was traversing bared little resemblance to it. 'How long has it been since they updated this thing??' Sighing, he had almost given up hope until something caused the Poliwag to pick up its pace. It waddled its way around fallen tree trunks and broken branches, calling out for Kiyo to follow its lead. "Wait up!" He yelled, almost tripping as he dodged through the trees.

The Poliwag suddenly halted before a thick shrub. Turning back towards Kiyo, it gave a quick nod before body slamming straight into the bush. The small Pokemon disappeared completely as it was consumed by the foliage. 'It wants me to jump through THAT!?' Holding his breath, he followed suit and leapt into the thicket.

After a few moments, Kiyo emerged on the other side of the shrub, his Purugly following short after. What laid before him was astounding. It was a small waterhole with crystal clear water that glistened under the moonlight. Poliwags of all sizes had gathered around the lush lake with a large green Pokemon dancing atop a rock. Absolutely dumbfounded, Kiyo pulled out his Pokedex and aimed it at the Pokemon.

Politoed, the Frog Pokemon. If Poliwag and Poliwhirl hear its echoing cry, they respond by gathering from far and wide.

As if on queue, the Politoed began to let out a piercing cry which caused goosebumps to crawl up Kiyos spine. Kiyo put his hands up to his ears to muffle the Pokemons cry as he fell to his knees. "Jesus Christ!" His backpack had fallen off him in the process.

186-Politoed.png
Suddenly, the entire colony of tadpoles and the Politoed menacingly turned towards the trainer. The Poliwag he had escorted earlier frantically pranced around, as if to let them know the human meant no harm. The Politoed hopped from its rock and approached Kiyo. After a short standoff, the Politoed slowly began to hop on its feet, circling the trainer as it banged on its belly and sang joyously. "Ehehe…." was all Kiyo could muster as he looked worryingly at the Poliwag. Without warning, the Politoed gave one final bang on its belly behind Kiyo, then thrusted it forward into Kiyo, flinging him straight into the lake water as he flailed his arms in the air and screamed from shock.

Emerging from the lake, he coughed a bit of water from his mouth before interrogating the Politoed. "What the heck was that for!?" His clothes and hair were sopping wet. The Politoed obviously found this amusing as it rolled on its back and laughed at the trainers dismay. After chuckling, the Poliwag from earlier made its way to the lake, bouncing into the clear water.

Soon, many Poliwags from the colony followed suit, splashing and singing in the lake with each other. It reminded Kiyo of all the playful mischief the Poliwags would always get into back at Pallet Town. How they would dance and bounce around with him when he was just a kid. Those times were some of his most precious memories. It felt like time had shifted backwards, and he was back at his hometown, playing in the dark with Poliwags at night.

After stripping his shirt and pants, Kiyo joined in on the fun and began to partake in the debauchery. The Poliwag he had traveled with in the forest was especially joyous. Time flew by as he swam and played in the water. Kiyo let loose of his inhibitions and thoroughly enjoy himself without the weight of anxiety.

At the peak of their playing, the Poliwags began to sing a different tone. This one was much more mellow. It was almost hypnotizing. Soon before long, Kiyos eyes begun to feel heavy. The song echoed in his mind as his vision blurred. With what strength remained, he pulled himself to shore. Lying on his back, the last thing he saw were the stars and moon that painted the night sky.

Before he knew it, the rising sun was beginning to beat down on Kiyo. He groggily rubbed his eyes before jutting upright in a panic. 'Morning!? How is it morning? The last I remember is…' Before he could even question whether last night was a dream or not, a lone Poliwag happily bounced its way towards the shirtless trainer. "So this is your home, huh?" he said, looking over the lake the shined even more intensely in the morning light. "I guess this is where we part…" While he felt sad he'd have to leave his friend behind, an unexpected positivity radiated from him. "Last night reminded me what it's like to be free," he explained. He walked towards his clothes that were mysteriously hanging from a nearby branch. "To stretch my arms and legs and laugh as loud as I can: a feeling I've only known when accompanied by Pokemon." As Kiyo put his clothes on, the Poliwag continued to look curiously at the trainer, following closely by his feet. After a few moments of gathering the rest of his belongings, Kiyo was ready to set off. "It was nice meeting you," he said as he crouched down to eye level with the Poliwag. "Try not to get lost anymore, okay?" Purugly meowed at the tadpole, causing it to back up a few steps from Kiyo. Giving one last glance at the lake, Kiyo set off once again to find his way out of the forest.

...There was only one small issue. With every step Kiyo took, a small rustling could be heard in the distance. At first, Kiyo thought it was a gust brushing against the forest foliage until he turned around and noticed Poliwag bashedly following him. "Uh, you know you're homes back that way, right?" he said, pointing in the direction they had just left. "Don't tell me there's another lake you're gonna make me find in this damned forest." The Poliwag nodded in disagreement before shutting its eyes and barrelling straight towards the trainer. "Jeez!" Kiyo yelped. As Kiyo caught the Pokemon in his arms, the Poliwag looked into his eyes, a sense of pleading emanating from it. Typically, he would flail his arms and panic at such physical contact, but something felt different about this. After a moment of pondering, a light bulb lit up above Kiyo. "Do you… want me to capture you?" The Poliwag let out a joyous cry. Not only did Kiyo just received his first Pokemon a day ago, he now had one begging to be captured? It was almost unbelievable to him. "But wait," he wondered. "Don't we need to battle before I catch you?" This made Puruglys ears perk up at the mention of battle, causing Poliwag to jump from Kiyos arms and sprint across the forest floor in a panic. Eventually, it looked down in defeat, realizing it would be no match for the cat Pokemon. Letting out a chuckle, he unclasped an empty Pokeball from his backpack. "Just kidding. Besides, having you fight Purugly wouldn't be very fair." Concentrating on the Poliwag that stared longingly at him, he closed his eyes and aimed for the Pokemon. 'Here goes nothing!'

A small thud could be heard where he threw the Pokeball. 'Did it work...?' After a moment of silence, he peaked one eye open, greeted by the sight of the Pokeball lying next to the Poliwag. "I missed!?" Kiyo sighed and waved his arms in front of him. "Wait, wait! Lemme try again!" But it was no use. Poliwag turned towards the empty ball and jumped straight onto the button in the center, immediately consumed by a bright light.

One shake.

Two shakes.

Three shakes.

Click

Years
Kari Forsberg
060MS.png
120MS.png
235MS.png
Route 2
Training

"Charmeleon, the Flame Pokémon and the evolved form of Charmander. Charmeleon knocks down opponents with its tail, then defeats them using razor-sharp claws," said Kari's Pokédex with robotic voice.

"That's about right," confirmed Jonathan device's words and patted Charmeleon on her head. "Now, give the shot everything you've got."

"Are you sure it won't hurt her?" Kari wasn't sure about this.

Charmeleon's claws and paws turned to solid metal.

"Yeah, she can take it," Jonathan said, full of confidence in his Pokémon's power.

Kari looked at Po, who's been standing in front of her. He nodded to confirm that he's ready.

"Okay! Po, use Scald!"

Po shot huge stream of water out of his mouth. Charmeleon put his metal paws in front of her and countered the attack. Steam was coming out of the water.

"Great! Looks like you finally got it," commended Jonathan Kari. They've been training Scald for hours. "I think I can teach more." He waved at his Poliwhirl, who's been sitting and enjoying a break with Kari's Pokémon.

"Poliwhirl, use Hypnosis!" commanded Jonathan his Pokémon. "Watch this, Kari."

Poliwhirl's eyes and belly started glowing blue. He released blue circle out of his eyes that flew towards Charmeleon. She dodged it with ease and the circle disappeared in the forest.

Poliwhirl turned to Po and said something to him. Kari figured out that he's tutoring him on how to use Hypnosis.

After Poliwhirl ended, Po prepared himself. His eyes started glowing blue and hi released blue circle out of his eyes. It flew towards the forest, but then changed direction and hit Kari. She immediately fell on the ground, dropped her Pokédex and her hat fall off.

Jonathan and Po run to her. Jonathan shook with her and when she didn't wake up, he leaned towards her and wanted to kiss her in hopes that she'll wake up just like sleeping beauty. But before he could do that, Po jumped on Kari and slapped her with his tail. It was enough to wake Kari up. She got up quickly, dropping Po on the ground.

"What was that?" she mumbled when she got up.

"Wake-Up Slap. This attack inflicts big damage on a sleeping target. This also wakes the target up, however," answered her Pokédex.

Both Kari and Jonathan was speechless. Kari looked at Po, who's been standing under her hat. It was too big for him to wear. She picked him up and hugged him.

"You're awesome," she told him.

"That was great," was everything Jonathan could say.

They got up and continued with training...
Inventory
Spoiler:

Pokémon
Spoiler:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Amelia's Pokemon:

cyndaquil.gif

Kanto_Viridian_Forest_Map.png

-------- "The Mystic Viridian Forest
The deep green Viridian Forest. Amelia trotted along, on her quest to make a name for herself as a Detective, and discover many more mysteries of this world. Her wondering thoughts blocked her main interested for the Viridian Forest. She wondered, about all the new things she had never seen before...

"...How do you think about things you have not seen before?"

Amelia would never see anything new, if she doesn't keep moving???

"Ah, right, top notch! onward, then!"

She carried on in her adventure, until she noticed that things started to get a bit hazy, and her visibility was shortening. Curious, she looked around briefly. "This is... a fog?" Amelia questioned. "I was not aware that fog could develop in this part of Kanto..." indeed, this was quite a phenomenon for Amelia as she continued on.

She soon found that she had reached a distinct grove... one with three other forks that lead to different paths. Quite an oddity indeed; while Viridan was a deep forest, there was never any record or recollection of pathways that stretched out such as this. Nonetheless, it was time for her to think of a path to take, so, she ultimately decided on the middle and was preparing to proceed with her choice... until she was bumped up against from behind.

"Ugh!" came a voice that bumped Amelia. Amelia quickly turned behind her, to see that the person that bumped her was a young woman. She was a young woman who dressed in a simple manner - she had a sleeveless blue top, a red skirt, blue socks, and white and red running shoes. She had a yellow carry-on bag, with a white and red hat that she wore on top of her long, brown hair that extended to her mid-body. She rubbed her nose, perhaps from impact of the bump. "What are you doi--- hmm..."

The girl inspected Amelia thoroughly. Her mood from annoyance to curiousity, to excitment gradually changed, finally giving off a cheerful smile, "Ohh... you're perfect.." she said, as she for whatever reason, got out a pokeball. "...You're mine."

"...Pardon me?" Amelia inquired. But before she knew it, she... got hit with one of the girl's pokeballs. "What the devil are you doing?!"

"You're going to become one of my pokemon!" the girl said, throwing another pokeball. This time, it hit Amelia's stomach. It didn't hurt as much as the shot from the head, but it was still an uncomfortable scenario as she was pelted again and again with the lass's pokeballs, and, as much as she can simpy run or walk away from this, she just stood there... embarrassed. Eventually, the girl stopped, as she and Amelia exchanged a stare down.

"Why won't this work..."
"..."
"..."
"...Have you figured out why it won't work yet?"
"I'm not stopping because because I gave up. I just, uh... ran out of pokeballs..."
"I'm out of here."

"W-Wait a second!" the girl called after as she went after Amelia. She finally caught up, even walking alongside her. "Look, uh… Nice to meet you. I'm Green!"

"And I'm the girl who does not care," Amelia replied. "But, since you gave me your name, you may call me, Amelia."

"Amelia, listen..." the girl known as Green started. "Uh..."

"Oh? Are you about to apologize now?" Amelia asked, more patiently.

"Actually, this time, I was going to ask if you become one of my Pokémon..." Green replied, with Amelia not looking as amused. "Okay, Okay, I'll explain. I needed you to become one of my Pokémon so you can come along with me because I just need... help."

"You sure do," said Amelia. "Professional help."

"Oh! Do you know any professional treasure seekers?!" Green asked excitingly, but not exactly what Amelia had in mind. Still, it was a curious inquiry.

"You are in need of... treasure seekers?" Amelia asked.

"For treasure, duh!" Green explained. "I heard that somewhere, there's this legendary treasure that summons this really really amazing Pokémon! I was on my way to Pewter to learn more, but... I don't know much more than that. You see I'm--"

"Dumb? Ridiculous? Simple-Minded?"

"Come on, let the whole pokeball thing go already," Green suggested. "i was going to say, I'm really interested in this rumor! If it's true, then....!"

"Hmmm..." Amelia thought. "Green, was it? I'll accompany you to Pewter. Tell me more, about this treasure rumor..."

Last edited:
Years
Pewter City
Pewter City is a city jammed in between two drastically different biomes. To the south, it is bordered by the thick lush green of Viridian Forest, but to the north, east and west the terrain is a rugged patchwork of brown and grey, composed entirely of rocky mountain terrain with the enormous Mt. Moon looming up to the north-east.

The city itself, located at the mouth of a valley, takes after both these sides of nature in presentation. Much of the constructs in the city are buildings of concrete and stone and, compared to Viridian, the landscape is heavily paved. Despite this though, throughout the city one can stumble upon vibrant green parks, dotted with fields of flowers that stand in stark contrast to the wealth of brown and grey prevalent throughout the rest of the city.

Pewter is not a tourist city and most of the people passing through are either trainers, or scientists and miners on their way to Mt. Moon. Few people go to Pewter just to appreciate the city and there's not much in the way of attractions. That being said, the one place of note, the Pewter Museum is famed world-wide for its excellent research programmes and the incredible geological and paleontological displays it presents to the public. So there's always that there for those with an interest in the sciences… or cool looking rocks and skeletons.

The city is a quieter one, and it generally takes some exploring to find yourself in one of the rowdier parts of town. That being said, ever since the attack on Viridian City, there has been an uneasy energy about the place due to its close proximity and if one is paying attention, they'd notice an increase in police presence and a growing suspicion of unfamiliar travellers. Perhaps the most conspicuous change in light of recent events however, is the absence of Gym Leader Brock who has been called away to investigate something at Diglett's Cave. Instead, the Pewter Gym is currently being manned by Forrest, his younger brother.
cacnea.png
slakoth.png
gulpin.png
glameow.png
natu.png
mankey.png
geodude.png
stufful.png
zigzagoon.png
burmy.png
Major Events
Gym Leader (substitute) Forrest
Forrest.png

With Brock gone, Forrest is here to take care of trainer challenges for the moment! While he may be the younger brother, never underestimate one of Brock's siblings. Just like his brother, he is a rock type specialist with his main ace being a Steelix that his brother gave to him a long time ago, as well as a Zubat he caught on a previous outing. Forrest has a keen eye for strategy, having learned much from his brother and sparring with his other siblings. He uses this often in battle, abusing the gym's rocky terrain and using it to his advantage. His attacks will get creative, but will only often have some rocks with them.

geodude-alolan.png
golbat.png
omanyte.png

Spoiler:

As you are new trainers, he is giving you a choice of choosing two of his three Pokemon to battle, which you must defeat in order to take the badge and prove your worth as a trainer. You will not know how the Pokemon would play as, the hints are there to help you write them down when battling.

Requirements:
One of your Pokemon must be defeated.

Reward:
50px-Boulder_Badge.png

Missions

Spoiler:

GM notes
As promised, I'll be adding more missions (and possibly rare Pokemon?) after a week or so, halfway until the next route as a trial. Here's your first gym challenge! People still in Viridian Forest/Route 2, don't fret, you're still valid and the plot is in there. Let's just continue stringing things together. :)

Last edited:
Years
Kari Forsberg
060MS.png
120MS.png
235MS.png
Pewter City
Mission 4 preparations

"I can see Pewter City from up here!" Kari shouted at Jonathan. It was late morning of the 4th day of her journey and the duo woke up about an hour ago. Kari and Po were standing at the top of the hill just outside the city. Jonathan was slowly getting up there too.

"Yeah, we're almost there," stated Jonathan when he got up. "Next Gym is there. Will you challenge it too?"

"I don't know," she replied. She never though about what will she do in Kanto. She wanted to become better trainer so Marlon would notice her when she returns to Unova. Then she saw the terrors in Viridian City and she made her goal to find the culprit. She talked with Jonathan about this in these last few days, but still wasn't sure what to do. And there was also that wing she got from her father. She totally forget about it.

Kari looked down to the city. It was so quiet from up here. Sadly there wasn't any river or lake nearby. She would kill for it.

"Hey, let's race to the bottom," Jonathan challenged Kari. "The last one down pays for breakfast!" He shouted and started running down the hill.

Kari was confused for a moment, but she quickly snapped out of it, grabbed Po and followed Jonathan down the hill.

She was close to Jonathan, but the boy was still faster than her. She almost got him at one moment, but then stumbled and fell down on the ground and Jonathan got away.

She found him waiting for her at the city's stone gate. He was smiling again, really enjoying the moment.

"That wasn't fair!" Kari wasn't amused by this. She was angry. She should just leave him here and continue on her own. That's exactly what she should do!

Kari walked past him, ignoring him. Jonathan followed her.

"Wait! I'm sorry!" he tried to apologize. Kari didn't even turned around and deep in the city.

Jonathan was right behind her and tried to catch her arm, but she turned and slapped him. But he was able to catch Kari's hand.

"Leave me be!" she screamed.

"I'm sorry if I made you angry somehow," he apologized again.

"Angry? You..." Kari had no time to finish her sentence.

"GET AWAY FROM HER, VILLAIN!" someone shouted behind her.

Kari and Jonathan turned and saw a guy around their age in a a green suit. He had short black hair and was a little bit higher than Jonathan. He was wearing Sunflora mask, so the duo couldn't see his face. He was holding Pokéball in one hand.

"Get away from the lady," he repeated. "Or I'll make you."

"And who are you again?" Jonathan asked calmly. He was still holding Kari by the hand.

"I'm the hero who'll beat you and save the damsel in distress," the guy said proudly. "Now, get lost."

"I don't need saving!" Kari joined the conversation. "We're currently dealing with something, so if you could..."

"You don't have to say anything else," he didn't let her finish her sentence. "But you can accompany me to the park for a breakfast as a reward for my service."

Kari was left speechless.

Hero then turned to Jonathan: "You're still here? Let me teach you a lesson then! Come out, Sunflora!" He threw his Pokéball in the air and Sunflora jumped out of it.

"So you want a battle?" Jonathan smiled. He let Kari's hand go and made few steps in front of her. "That's fine with me." He grabbed one of his Pokéball. "Let's make this quick, Emolga!"

Cute Sky Squirrel Pokémon appeared out of Pokéball. It sent shivers down the Kari's body. An Electric-type! She started shaking. She wanted to run, but her body failed her. She couldn't move. She stopped perceiving things around. She didn't see how Jonathan single handedly beat Sunflora with one attack. Or how the so-called hero run away in shame.

She also didn't hear anything Jonathan told her after that. Her legs failed her. Jonathan caught her and gently put her on the ground. She was in complete shock.

She was diving in Undella Bay again. She saw shiny stone at the bottom. She touched it. She could feel the electric shocks it gave her. She realized late that it wasn't a shiny stone but Chinchou. It hurt so much.

Meanwhile Jonathan was trying to figure out how to get Kari out of this. "Po?" he turned to Poliwag. "Could you try using Water Gun on Kari?"
Inventory
Spoiler:

Pokémon
Spoiler:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

WEpb9vd.png

|| Alister Palar ||

328MS.png
396MS.png
285MS.png

Bag
Spoiler:

|| Viridian Forest ||

A light breeze rustled the leaves overhead as the morning sun began to light the forest around me. Yawning, I groggily rubbed my eyes and sat up taking in the sight of my still sleeping Pokémon. Smiling to myself, I returned them to their Pokeballs to let them sleep more and grabbed the scarf that laid folded on top of my bag. Putting it on, I grabbed my bag before double checking I had everything before setting off to Pewter once more.

Quietly navigating my way through the forest, I listened to the Pidgey chirp overhead, passing several groggy trainers as I continued on towards the forest's edge. Glancing to the sky, I noticed the leaves overhead thinning out, giving way to a bright blue morning sky. Taking a deep breath, I quickened my pace, antsy to finally challenge my first gym in Kanto.

"It won't be long now."

I hummed to myself, a grin forming on my lips as I reached the edge of the woods. Staring out over the rocky outcrop that surrounded Pewter City, I felt my heart begin to pound.

"Our first gym battle is right there Endor."

Pokemon
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
ERIC DAMON

Eric had just made it out of Viridian Forest, and walked into Pewter City. He noticed a rather large group of people with pick axes, shovels, and other equipment, heading toward the mountains beyond the city.

Eric decided to follow them, knowing they were digging for treasure, fossils, or some other artifacts of great value.

A scientist noticed Eric tagging along, and walked towards him.

"So, young Trainer. You're interested in Pokemon fossils, I presume?" The scientist asked. "We've received word that some fossilized remains of Pokemon that are long extinct, have been seen in the mountains just outside the city. And we're gonna need a trainer like you to help us dig them out while keeping some angry Pokemon at bay."

Eric agreed to help. The aunt of his late girlfriend is a former Gym Leader who runs a museum and library full of interesting things from long ago.

He grabbed a shovel and a pick axe that the scientist was about to give him.

"Such enthusiasm!" The scientist exclaimed. "We're gonna need all the help we can get!"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
BlueStar_20px.gif
Aberdeen
152MS.png
060MS.png

Viridian Forest - Day 4 - Recruitment part I
Inventory:
Spoiler:

The trio slept uneasily in the night. The weather was fine, and they slept in their sleeping bags around a softly smoldering campfire, but when Deen glanced over at Vanire's unmoving figure whenever he briefly woke up, he always found her eyes lost in thought in the faint glow. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything. But if he hadn't, and Vanire had gone back to Viridian City and told Farin and Berecca that she had stumbled upon Aberdeen in the forest without hearing about the events in the city, he was fairly sure Farin would never forgive him.

And for some reason, he didn't think he could stand that.

He finally drifted off to an acceptably peaceful slumber under the canopy, reminding himself to tell Alister that the elder Rosso sister was alive the next time they met. He would likely be relieved to hear that, as well.

The morning came, and Victor offered his companions a surprisingly hearty breakfast consisting of roasted eggs, beans and bread. Deen did his best to keep up a smile and normal banter, and apparently Vanire was determined to do so as well, so Victor ended up being the only one feeling uneasy in the end. Their pokémon had joined in though, eating their own food, and Deen was vaguely aware of his Chikorita looking at him quite intensely throughout the breakfast time, as if she wanted to comfort him. He tried to ignore it, but also noticed that the shiny Caterpie was equally worried about Victor - who actually didn't seem to notice it.

When their belongings were back in their bags, it was time to part ways.

"I will head back to Viridian now," Vanire said, finally a trace of seriousness in her voice as she faced Aberdeen. "If Farin is still there, I will say hello to her from you."

Deen blinked. "You think she will have left already?"

Vanire gave him a sad smile. "Pretty sure of it. If she knew you were going through the forest, perhaps she opted for Route 2 instead. If you see her in Pewter City, please say hello to her from me instead! Let her know I'm alive, you know."

"Shouldn't you call her and say that instead?" Victor scoffed behind Aberdeen.

"I don't carry a phone," the large woman shrugged.

"You head into Viridian Forest without carrying a means of contacting someone?" Victor exclaimed. "That's bug catcher 101!"

"I'm not a bug catcher," Vanire winked at him, before turning back to Deen. "Will you be alright? You have strong enough pokémon to survive the forest, don't you?"

"He has me!" Victor piped up, but didn't even earn a glance from the woman now.

"I have Chikorita and Poliwag," Deen said and felt his green starter nudge his knee encouragingly from the ground. "They're not very strong yet, perhaps, but I trust them to fight well if we need to!"

"Hmm. I'm not sure a grass type and a water pokémon are the best pokémon to traverse the forest with. Plenty of wild bug grass and bug pokémon to make their lives hell. I have an idea."

Still ignoring the fuming bug catcher, she picked up an item from her bag and handed it to Deen. "Wow," he said. "I've never had one of these before!"

"A great ball," Victor commented, drawing closer and fumes dissipating slightly. "For catching stronger pokémon."

"With this, and the help of your friend here, I'm sure you will be able to capture a stronger bug type for yourself! It should guard you against whatever you might face."

"Thank you, Vanire!" Deen said earnestly. "And, say hello to your aunt too by the way. She really took good care of us back there."

"Will do," Vanire nodded. "Well, then!"

Before Deen or Victor could react further, she had wrapped them both up in a bone-crushing hug accompanied by a warm laughter. And then she was off towards the south.

Deen felt the weight of the blue and red ball in his hand. "Victor," he started thoughtfully. "What kind of strong pokémon can we find here? And do you know where?"

The blonde gave it a thought for a while, until Gildeboy the shiny Caterpie chirped on his shoulder. "Oh, of course!" he said. "We're not far from Gildeboy's old nest."

"You think a Caterpie fits Vanire's description?" Deen said with a frown.

"No, no. Not yet at least - they need to grow, but they do grow fast. So fast that there should be plenty of wild Butterfree around there."

"Oh," Deen said, shining up a bit. "Butterfree! That does sound like a good idea."

"Doesn't it just!" Victor agreed with a white smile and gave his pokémon an affectionate pat, which made Aberdeen think there might be hope for the two of them yet.

They found their way back at the nest without too much trouble. Their camp hadn't been far off, after all. As luck would have it, it seemed like the bugs were not anticipating any trouble today. Caterpie were lazily playing around on the bottom branches, Metapod hung in clumbs from branches higher up where they could soak in what sunlight reached their tree, and in the air above the clearing were several glittering Butterfree floating about.

"They're pretty," Deen found himself say out loud.

"They are beautiful!" Victor exclaimed, and had to make an effort to contain his excitement. "And Gildeboy will turn into a shiny variant! That is, if you want to evolve, of course," he added, seemingly having reminded himself of his pokémon's status as a living creature with its own will, and not an object. Again, Deen's faith in them rose a bit at that.

"But how do I capture one? If I just charge in, they will fly away, right?"

"Why don't you use your pokémon?" Victor suggested. "You are a trainer, after all."

"Right," Deen said and glanced down at Chikorita, who gave him a feisty face in return. "Here we go!"

Last edited:
Back