• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Kanto Explorers: Through Time..

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    It's not about this one invidividual and their actions. I have had personal mental health issues for the past 6 months I'd say in total and I finally gained some courage to begin working on this again. But I got to the male/female selection screen during a play-test and thought, how cool would it be if the community themselves created the protagonists? So I fleshed out a competition quickly and with board admins of my sister servers all onboard I made a quick post in their discord servers about it ahead of an official post here (I still haven't heard from the admins/mods of pokecommunity so maybe the idea came across to them like it has done with the rest of the community).

Now I'm unsure if how I worded this post came across a certain way or what but the backlash has been far too much for my unstable mind to handle right now. I haven't got thick skin atm. Something that was supposed to be a fun exercise turned ugly. And do you know what is the saddest part? Not one of those of you who are friends to me within the community stepped in to back me up. Not one of the admins of those discord servers muted/kicked those people for their actions.

The people enabling this are just as bad as those doing it. And therefore currently, I don't want to be a part of a community that doesn't clean up the people who are malicious to others and enables them. No one deserves this hack or my time making it if they are enabling others to be nasty to people. What if I was where I was six months ago when I really wasn't well and I became another collumn in a newspaper? Actions have consequences.

EDIT: To clarify this all happened on Discord and I will no longer use it as a platform to engage with people regarding this ROM hack and will stick to Pokecommunity only for updates.

Last edited:

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    uhmmm

Don't want to join in on something that doesn't involve me but since you want to be open about how you feel, I suggest you take what people on the internet say about you or to you with a big grain of salt. You shouldn't let it effect you on a personal level, in every corner of the internet, there are toxic people, no matter where you go.

Besides, was really looking forward to this hack. Wish you all the best!

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm sorry it's come to this. There are jerks everywhere, online and offline, and you can't let people get to you. Bullying others on a Pokemon forum is laughably pathetic.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    The moderators of the Art section of PokeCommunity got back to me and gave me permission to create the competition on here which I originally posted within Discord and got flack for. I have decided perhaps my actions were too hasty and to cancel something I've worked so hard on just because of some comments on Discord would be a huge shame. I am going to craft a post in the Art section as I want to get the post looking like something fun for people to contribute to and not a "request" or that "I'm thirsting for free work" which is essentially what people thought I was doing before. I will predominantly and only post updates for this ROM hack on here from now on and will not use my Discord, if only to speak to the rest of the team.

Watch this space. I've also decided to model past Kanto on the 1998 GSC maps which were part of the leak earlier this year, as it shows a slightly different Kanto and cohesively fits the story.

EDIT: A link to the protagonist sprite competition: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10204568#post10204568
    A chance to have your sprites as the protagonists in this game! (Just a bit of fun, I have sprites already but I thought why not get the community involved?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    The Discord was locked down last time I checked on it, would have liked to give those self important bullies a piece of my mind.Glad to see you are still going to try!

Ahmad Adnan

Unknown Elite
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    I hope this gets completed mu bruddahs memes aside i really like this romehack i love it

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    hello snyd.
    I would love to see your hack completed, even though you blocked me on discord long before your recent issue with it.
    even then, i had no idea why.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Is this hack still being worked on? I was very much looking forward to play this because, as a Pokémon timeline maniac, I found it an interesting take on the usual Kanto adventure. I understand if the creator's put the game on hiatus due to the incident mentioned before, but I wonder if there's been any updates since then.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Another project lost... darn shame.

Wait, is the project cancelled for good? Did you find out any information that wasn't stated in this thread? Because if it has been cancelled, then I agree with you. I really did want to play this game.

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
    Years
  • Wait, is the project cancelled for good? Did you find out any information that wasn't stated in this thread? Because if it has been cancelled, then I agree with you. I really did want to play this game.

...same. This take on the prototypes of Pokémon is very interesting wi the time travel point, notably how that affects evolutions.

Back