• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Kanto Explorers: Through Time..

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Meet your starter Pokemon!

FcO2Mpx.png
    paOgiB3.png

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This looks epic. I will be checking this one out for sure.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Not sure how I've managed to not notice this hack until now! The overworld and sprites are looking great (even if Belonda kinda creeps me out a bit for some reason lmao). The time travel concept is super interesting, definitely gonna give this a playthrough when I get the chance.

Just A Remixer

a low iq rom hacker
    Years
  • Wow, this is a really neat idea! ... imagine that in every game, though... riding on Dialga's back (Or in your case, making artificial shards) to pass through areas you couldn't otherwise... I honestly could see a lot in this concept! Though, please note that the move FLY exists. And that it sends you to a specific location. Unless you're using the Johto map as the Past Map, then you might want to work on a way to change the locations to the past areas

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    I Really like this hack and would love to see it finished!
    also, apparently you blocked me on discord, even though I'm not sure who you even are on discord.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Demo is 60% done. Just the demo end challenge and some polishing up to be done!

6LxVQvA.png
    8KBMDGb.png
    QSX42bv.png
    52rxX5X.png
    8StOLTo.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Hopefully it'll be released by next month. Keep up the hard work and don't it give up!

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Hopefully it'll be released by next month. Keep up the hard work and don't it give up!
    If my aproximations are right, considering it was 40% on May and 60% on August, I doubt the demo will be fully playable this year. Still, this is just an aproximation.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Do you have any new updates, pictures, or videos of your hack to share with us Snyd? I would really like to see some new footage of your hack in a YT video and I'm sure other people would too

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thought I'd bump by and ask if this is still in the works. Has there been any progress so far?

Not sure what ~red's been up to recently so can't give a full update on his behalf but it is still in the works. I know we had a few more sprites to do and that ~red was looking at getting some code working and expanding the rom to 4/8mb. At this point I'll give the same answer I usually give "It's done when it's done" so keep an eye out for future updates and Demo 1 hopefully in the forseeable future!

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Ok, so I am beginning to work on this Hack again after dealing with a lot of stuff in my real life that has pushed my motivation away. I've decided I want to potentially hold a competition for people to make the lead character's sprites/design. Both male and female. The team will then decide our favourite designs for both male and female, the winner has their designs used as the main characters with a runner up prize being your character in the game as a fightable trainer. Would you as a community be on board?

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    sounds very cool, hoping you can get right back at it and we can get some new screenies :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    The dev stops here. It's been fun, but the community by and large since I started this has changed far too much since the days of me making Pokemon: Wisteria.
    Only the veterans from back when it was in it's infancy are kind to me.
    I don't possess the mental capacity to continue atm.

I am very upset, crying outwardly after all the hard work that was put into it. By me and the team.

EDIT: Removed images containing the abuse handed to me as I don't think it's fair for me to post comments by others without them being able to defend their actions.

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Honestly, this is an actual shame. Periodically, I tend to find myself back here to look at upcoming romhacks and to see how the community is continuing to change and grow. While I have been impressed with how romhackers are shaping their creations, this hack in particular struck a chord with me, especially with how creative the idea time travel was as a mechanic in this format. While I was never a huge fan of G/S/C hacks (Don't get me wrong, I could appreciate them and the work put into them of course, just could never become invested in them), this hack in particular captured my interest, and it looked like it held, and still holds, incredible promise.

If there's more to the story, then there's more to the story and for reasons they're not being divulged, which is perfectly fine. There is no need or demand to share anything that had transpired in order to come to this conclusion. However, if comments from others are the main reason for this decision, I do find it rather silly for a multitude of reasons, with my main two reasonings being:

- If this is a project you love and want to see to its completion, comments and criticsms from others that are specifically trying to tear you, the creator, down do not matter. If someone is criticising the way you want to create or advertise something you want to make and do not provide any suggestions or listen to what you have to say, why should they matter? What are they contributing to the growth and creation of this project other than attempting to bring people down? Absolutely nothing. Yeah, they can take a mental toll on creators if they let them, but why let them? Why let yourself be filled with their negativity? Why let them negatively impact a project you want to work on? Especially if they are not romhackers and they just play romhacks. From experience, even when a project is released, the people that bash romhacks they do not like and post online and rant or whatever, odds are they still played that romhack. While a player's experience should be something to appreciate and acknowledge for future endeavors, when it comes to those that specifically want to hate a product, they will engage with that product and try to tear it, and its creator/creators down. They do not care about the product, all they care about is hating a product and letting the world know they hate it. As a creator, you have to come to terms with the fact you cannot please everyone with your romhack or the way you promote/advertise your romhack. Although unfortunate to say, if they don't like you or your product, then you are never going to win them over in the first place. That is how content creation works. If this is a project you love and want to continue working on, you have to accept this. You have to accept that your project and the way you may advertise your project will not please everyone, and that if you love your project, that people trying to bash you or your project do not matter. There words may hurt or bother you and may cause some mental/emotional stress, but they're simply just words, nothing more.

- As far as the competition idea is concerned, if people do not like the way you want to advertise or create engagement within your project and fanbase, if they are not providing anything constructive, then it's not your problem, it's theirs. Personally, I liked the idea of having a spriting competition. I thought it was a great idea to interact with your project's fans and the community. Competitions, especially in regards as advertisements for products or in this case, romhacks, are nothing new. Very long ago on another romhacking website, a contest that was being hosted by me in October of that year revolved around making a romhack that was Halloween themed. What came of that was the Halloween Demo for Pokemon Rose and Pokemon Cursed Version, part of Joexv's Holiday Hacks Series. Granted nothing came of the competition (or website for that matter), but suffice to say, something good did come out of that competition. Good rom hacks by creators who continued or still continue to create and expand their projects. Contests and competitions in my opinion, are good and mostly bring forth something positive. The person in the screenshots clearly has a different opinion on that matter and that is alright. They did not provide any suggestions or listen to your input, and that is alright. One person does not make the entire audience of your project, believe me.

My advice? If this was a project I adored creating and wanting to see come into fruition, I would not let comments like the ones seen in the screenshots bother me. For my mental health and the wellbeing of those on my team if I worked with a team, I would just move on from comments that are not going to help me improve my project and simply just continue creating what I wanted to create. It's easier said than done, sure, but if this is a project you want to see to the end, then no matter how hard it would be to move on and ignore hate, I would find a way to do just that.

With that in mind, whether you take a break, continue the project, or quit entirely, that choice is up to you and your team. However, just do what you feel is the right thing to do, not what others may believe is the right thing to do. Either way, I admire what this hack aims to do and I do truly believe that this hack, or a hack with these core ideas in mind, has huge potential when it comes creating and engaging and innovative rom hack of an existing franchise. :)

Back