• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto Rewinded (K+)

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
    RHCP, I'm making an SU already for Croagunk since DeepImpact told me it's more than a day already. Is it okay if I reserve Croagunk's spot if they can't submit the SU within the given time? I'm going to bed but i'll have it done in about 12 hours.

EDIT: Nvm I got it. Time's up for the reserve guy according to Deep Impact but i'm posting my SU anyway. it's okay if you decline. I know I'm too late :( *sniffles*

Name: Horatio Lance

Appearance:

Horatio's appearance resembles a magician's, probably because he grows up in a family of magicians and 'wizards'. Even when going out, Horation has a black fedora similar to a magician's top hat, and a white feather is often seen together with the hat. He often appears with black boots, and despite how much his friends criticize him, he often has his cape on. The cape is black on the outside, and red in the inside, the inside part barely visible since it's behind the body. The cape is rather long, a tad below his knees, and he often trips because of it. Miraculously, he never complains, and keeps going as if he's hiding something in the 'costume'. Other than those three black accessories, he is seen flipping gold coins when he's idle, and wears dark colored t-shirts. He appears to like purple shirts. The t-shirts aren't fixed like his cape and his hat though, and his trousers change from time to time, just don't ask him to dress as a joker. He looks weird, but that's his style.

As for psychical factors, he stands at 5'4", and he is rather plump-ish compared to other kids his age. He has brown spiky hair, but it's mostly covered since he has his hat on most of the time. His eyes are brownish as well, and his skin is a little tan, somewhere between a white American and a black African. His favorite black sports trousers is a little torn, and now his right knee is visible, but he doesn't mend it and considers it as a trend. Weird guy, I know. He's not bad looking, not to mention he has red kissable lips (why am I saying this?).

Personality:

I do not think he'll fit in the 'good' or the 'bad' category very well. It changes with his mood, and mind you, he is an awfully moody person as he's Cancerian, and people born in the Cancer period happens to be rather...unstable. He is rather mature compared to other fourteen year olds, but he has his childish and silly moments. He likes acting cool with his outfit, like leaning against a wall, pulling his hat downwards to cover most of his eyes, flipping a gold coin and stuff, but people will only place him in the 'weird' category, which, he doesn't know about. He has some tricks up his sleeves, magic tricks he have learned from his parents, but he doesn't show them too often. When he's in a good mood, he talks very often, a total chatterbox, and likes helping people. Staying on the optimistic side, he likes helping people in need, and often shows off while he's at it. However when he's in a bad mood, he gets angry very easily and often sabotages others' ideas and plans. He can be a devil when he's angry, and he doesn't listen to anybody when he is in 'berserk mode'. He thrashes around like a kid when that happens, and people find it hard to approach him when he's in a bad mood. So you see, his personality differs with his mood, and he can be good for the first five minutes, and suddenly turn bad in the next five.

As for Likes and Dislikes, he likes pie. Wait what? He likes the spotlight, and he loves attention, which is why he likes being on the Kanto Rewinded show. As a boy that likes showing off and winning, he tries his best not to humiliate himself since he has a very high self-esteem, and will be devastated if something really bad happens to him. Hopefully nothing terrible will happen to the kid. In fights, the human kind, not pokemon, he likes deceiving people. How? When running he runs to places his enemy thinks he wouldn't go to, and he often makes fake moves. When he strikes a ferocious kung fu pose, he suddenly turns and runs, buying him some time as he confuses his opponent. He often runs in battles though, as he doesn't know anything about martial arts. He uses his surroundings as his advantage and fights strategically. He gets into fights sometimes, and there are two main reasons. 1 - He's in a competition, and the enemy insults him or cheats. 2 - He's in a bad mood. Not saying that he likes fighting though. He just can't control his hands when he's moody - he's a living atomic bomb when mistreated. You can say he's spoiled since he thrashes around when in a bad mood, but he isn't spoiled.

He is afraid of heights, therefore he dislikes flying type Pokemon. He's born that way and he's trying to overcome his fear of heights. He likes the night and dislikes the day, especially sunny days. First of all, he'll be awfully hot with that 'costume' under the sun, and secondly the bright moon calms his mind. He often hums songs and fiddles with his little gadgets in his free time, and when he's talking to people, he tries to say it as short and easy as possible, never saying some horribly hard or complex sentences, making it easy for him and the listener to understand clearly.

History:

Horatio was born in a family of magicians. His father and mother travels around the region, performing 24/7, and they don't have much time to take care of their children. Horatio had a twin sister, Celeste, but she has gone missing for two years, and Horatio hadn't heard of her ever since. His parents taught him about magic when he was younger, and Horatio's interest in it isn't fading anytime soon. When he was a little younger, about ten, he enjoyed playing with his twin sister, running in the forests and playing strange magician games. She didn't have the same taste when it came to clothes though, but that wasn't the point. When Horatio was twelve, she went missing, and Horatio is still trying to find her this till very day. Unlike other brother and sisters out there, they got along fine, and they didn't have many arguments, which was a good thing. But now with her gone, Horatio has to play, alone.

When Horatio was six, his sister Celeste managed to catch a Pokemon - Misdreavus, and when he was eight, the Misdreavus turned into a Mismagius. Intersted in the Ghostly Pokemon's actions and powers, Horatio 'kidnapped' the Pokemon in order to have a closer look. Studying its appearance and behavior, Horatio's deeply interested and inspired. His costumes are mainly black and purple - Mismagius' main colors. Mismagius has been his favorite Pokemon ever since, together with some similar Dark Types like Zorua, and Gengar, but he hasn't seen them in real life though. Horatio wasn't as lucky as his sister, and he doesn't have a Pokemon yet.

When Celeste disappeared, her Mismagius disappeared as well. His life had been boring since her sister's disappearance. And as for his parents, they were too busy with their performances, they didn't bother searching for her again. After all, missing for two years? She's probably dead by now. And in his parents' view, they had to spend a lot of cash to take care of her, so with her gone, they can save a lot of money. Horatio has a pic of his sister in his wallet, a pic of her sister wearing a witch's hat when they were ten. His parents were very caring and loving when Horatio was younger, but now, they were cold-blooded. When Horatio was still a young kid, they spent every second of their free time and taught him everything they could. They bought him everything he wanted, and fulfilled his sister's dreams. But when they received a contract when he was seven, their lives have changed forever. A large entertainment company wanted his parents, and the company was paying a high salary for full-day performances around the region. Soon they're cruising around the whole Pokemon world, leaving Horatio alone. They return once every few months to give Horatio some cash, but they leave again in a matter of days. Lonely as ever, Horatio lives on his own with only a small number of friends. But when he received the invitation from the show Kanto Rewinded, his hopes are up once again. He can accomplish three things with the show. 1 - Shine in the spotlight 2 - Attract his parents attention so they'll notice him more 3 and most importantly - To attract his Sister's attention, telling her how much he wants to see her once again, hoping that she'll see the TV show somewhere out there, if she's alive, that is. Back to his moody magician self, he's ready for anything. And he won't rest until he finds his sister.

Starter choice: Croagunk
    Kanto Rewinded (K+)

If Croagunk's really reserved after the time limit, maybe you can give me another Pokemon to start with? :) an extra spot? *doggy eyes*

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Nocturnal, you know that there were two other people queued for a spot before you got here, right? : x

Yagerbomb and I both requested to enter the queue of "if a spot opens, please contact us".

Last edited:

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
    @Cirrus

indeed. DeepImpact told me about it. I'm also in the queue behind you guys, but i've just got my SU up :D better be ready no matter what. it's okay if i'm declined though. Times up for the one who's reserved Croagunk, according to Deep, so i'm just making an SU in advance. Of course, you two are first, so if there's a spot, it's for you guys. I just like making SUs in my free time :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Jackblaze is accepted with Cubone, and I've VMd the ones next in line about posting their SUs. Let's hope they do it soon :]

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Ahh! Can I reserve Staryu then since somebody has already written for Croagunk? I'll start writing an SU today on my phone!

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    Croagunk for me please?

Name: Aaron Morrison

Appearance:
    Aaron has black hair that almost touches his shoulders in the back, and is styled to not cover his blood red eyes in the front. Aaron has a smooth face, with not many noticeable factors. Aaron has a long and slender body. Aaron exact height and weight stats are five feet and three inches tall and weighs one hundred and fifteen pounds. His skin colour is slightly tanned, although it is barely so. Aaron has a black overcoat with red cuffs and a red collar. There is a logo on his coat that appears to be a key-shaped object with an oval to accent the logo. Under his overcoat he wears a red shirt with a collar, somewhat like a polo shirt, but not exactly. Aaron wears long black dress pants, with nothing significant on them. To finish his look, he wears black dress shoes with red socks under them.

Personality:
    Aaron has a relatively gloom personality, a loner some may say. He doesn't find joy in much else other than Pokemon, and Aaron doesn't even find much joy in that. Aaron will tend to shut himself away from the rest of the world, keeping his feelings inside him, occasionally sharing them with his Pokemon. Friendship is most likely out of the question when it comes to Aaron. Although he is quiet and reserved, his knowledge of Pokemon is considered remarkable for a person his age. In battle, Aaron plans his tactics in a patient, at some times passive strategy. Aaron will wait for the right time to strike and pull off the "strike" with accuracy. Aaron prefers it when he does things by himself, so he doesn't have others relying on him. Aaron, despite his gloom persona, is quite a hard worker and will always, by himself of course, be up to any task presented, which is the main reason he is on Kanto rewinded. He acts very serious for someone his age and frowns upon immature activity. Aaron likes the training and improving of his and his Pokemon skills. Aaron also favors spicy food, although that might not be an important part of his personality. Aaron is passive and not much angers him Although nearly nothing gets him excited, not much angers Aaron. In general, Aaron isn't as much of a dark or "emo" person as he is quiet and passive person.

History:
    Aaron has lived in Viridian City for as long as he can remember. His father was a Pokemon Ranger who often wasn't home because of his duties as a Ranger. The children raising duties were left to Aaron's mother, who owned a small Inn, which was busy most of the time with Pokemon Trainers preparing to challenge the Elite Four. Aaron learned a lot from the Trainers, everything from making Pokemon food to battle tactics. Aaron spent more time with those trainers than his peers, which has resulted into Aaron's loner attributes. By the time Aaron was ten, he was a walking Pokemon Encyclopedia. Aaron also added to his encyclopedia of a mind when his father was in town, telling Aaron all about being a Pokemon Ranger and dealing with Pokemon. When the TV Series Kanto Rewinded started casting, Aaron was referred for a position by many trainers from and around Viridian City, citing his knowledge about Pokemon as a reason. The Directors at the show had enough of the frequent referrals for Aaron, and sent him an invitation. Aaron spent quite the amount of time contemplating the pros and cons of participating in the TV Show. After much debating and questioning, Aaron made his decision to accept the invitation, preparing for his new adventure.

Starter choice: Croagunk

Tell me if anything is wrong. And if you go with someone other than me for Croagunk, you should open up more spots. *Wink* *Wink* *doggy eyes*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    What what what? Me and yagerbomb were reserved next in line as far as I knew!

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Aha! You reserved by profile message : X

Aww man. Yes, you have priority by a scant 37 minutes. / sad

Oh well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I should clarify what people I want posting SUs, I guess ^^' Yagerbomb and Skymin were next in line, yes.

Yagerbomb, I prefer a written "Appearance". Look at the SU sheet and try to get all that is asked for.

Skymin, Staryu is reserved for you, but get your SU up today... I understand it can be difficult writing on the phone though. Do your best!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Name: Flynn Dunwood 

Appearance: Flynn is short. Devastatingly short though he's the only one who sees it that way and tends to make a pretty big deal out of it. Standing at about 4'6" and weighing just under 100lbs, he has more often then never been the shortest in his class. He carries a little more weight than the average 12 year old and it shows; his cheeks are slightly chubby, his face slightly rounded and he can not run a good 100 yards without becoming insanely puffed. His natural, chocolate brown hair is a wedge cut fit with a three inch ponytail, thanks to his mother. His fringe isn't cut as neatly as the rest of his hair, usually teased up or windblown (to draw attention away from his ridiculous hair cut when he's not wearing his hat) and falls just above his quite round, dirty green eyes. His teeth are in desperate need of braces according to his dentist, his bottom front teeth quite narrow and crooked. Overall, his body is quite child-like, the way it's meant to be. He would probably have a better hair cut or maybe a better body build if it wasn't for his mother's habits of babying him.

Flynn doesn't usually care much for clothes as much as his older sister does, but does put a little bit of effort to make himself look "cool". He usually just goes with a t-shirt and jeans approach, those he does have his favourites. When they're all washed, Flynn wears a grey tee, splotched with some black, brand logo, a navy blue hoodie, a cameo green parka if it's cold, close fitting dark blue jeans (it makes his legs look less fat than they are), skate shoes and his signature, bright red cap. Sometimes, he carries around a PokéGear (bought by his mother so she can ring him every so often to keep an eye on him), his wallet and perhaps a maybe a backpack. The contents of the backpack usually depends on the journey, though one constant is a exercise pad and a few pens and pencils.

Personality: If Flynn has one bad habit, it's pointing out the obvious and making it know. He tends to make a big deal out the stupidest things, like abnormal habits or things that look out of place. If one of his friends are shorter than him or something that would usually be shorter than him is not, he'll proclaim it to the heavens and either seeks sympathy or an audience. It's not really a search for attention, more of an excuse to let people know of his so-called woes since he really has nothing else to whine about. 

Being the youngest in his family, Flynn was always seen that way. His mother had a tendency to be overprotective of him compared to his two older sisters. Though he hates it when she picks his clothes or does his hair, he has become dependent of her. He has no idea how to cook or how to clean since it's all done for him, or with little help from him. The only chores he really has at home is taking out the trash and that doesn't involve any real skill. Due to his mother's nature, he has a tendency to be a little rebellious and a little selfish, sneaking out every so often to hang with friends or just to roam about. He always gets found out though and receives a stern talking to when he returns. 

Flynn does have some problems with the green monster, jealousy. To him, his sisters were always seen as the "perfect" ones in the family, receiving top marks in school, being able to leave to go on their own journeys by themselves, being exceptionally talented. Flynn never saw himself as special or anything. Usually, just short. He does get jealous and accusing of his friends too. If they get something he should be entitled to, he makes sure they know that. It doesn't really matter what it is, Flynn just lets them know how "better off" they seem to be.

He does get to be quite whiny and annoying with time.

History: Flynn was born into a fairly average family of Pewter City, the youngest of three, with his two older sisters, Peyton (15) and Skye (17), both of which who have already left home to go on their own journeys (though they would both return home once a fortnight to visit). When he turned 6, he attended school like most his age. He made friends. He learned. He got praised. He got scolded. He even broke him arm once. He lived as a kid should.

His father was an ex-trainer, now a Museum Attendant, so naturally Flynn grew up around Pokémon. His father's Persian and Pidgeot, the last of his team, often roamed the house, though had no patience for their master's son and never played with him. Flynn's favourite Pokémon was the family Growlithe, a young energetic soul that would keep him company when his friends went home and his sisters were away. He never disliked nor hated Pokémon and welcomed their attention; they were good company.

Flynn was ecstatic when he received the letter from Kanto Rewinded, his parents were not so much. Though his father wasn't particularly bothered by it and saw it as a good experience for his young son, his mother freaked out. How could a young boy such as Flynn possibly survive in such a situation? Flynn, who had been watching the show for some time, insisted on going and broke into a heated debate with his mother. His sisters had left the home at around his age, so why shouldn't he? He would have his own Pokémon companion as well as the company of another trainer. It took a few good nights of talking as well as some proof of maturity from Flynn (though babysitting the neighbours' of Rattata was hardly a challenge for him), his mother finally caved. They could use the money and Flynn needed to go out on his own and grow up.

Starter choice: Staryu

done! i think i may attempt to draw young flynn. d:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright, Yagerbomb and Skymin are both accepted. Let's get this party rolling soon!

No more posts here until the RP begins. I'll create an OOC thread in a moment, where we can discuss/chit-chat.

**********​

It was 9:45 AM in Pallet Town. A woman called Jessilyn Andersen impatiently stomped back and forth outside the great laboratory. Professor Oak stood by her side with a smile on his face. He wasn't an impatient man, quite the other way around. He especially enjoyed mornings. Behind them, a whole camera crew was. They were ready to start recording as soon as the 6 trainers would arrive. Andersen had pictured a splendid start in her mind. All six younglings would run off at the same time, eager to fight for the goal!

Professor Oak had a more realistic view on the whole thing. He knew that the trainers wouldn't arrive at the same time. People nowadays were bad at arriving in time. But that was alright. He figured it would be calmer if they didn't anyways.

The plan, according to the professor, was that when a trainer came, he would shake their hand and wish them good luck, Andersen would ask them about their feelings in front of the recording camera and then the young trainer would wait until his or her partner arrived and that trainer would go through the same treatment. Then the two of them would officially set off on their long journey through Kanto. Andersen had insisted on them releasing their pokémon from their pokéballs as they set off, to give it all a more dramatic touch.

What then happened on route 1 before they reached Viridian City... that would be up to the trainers. Not until they reached the other town would the rest of the world know about their doings.

((OOC: So, let's get rolling! What you will describe in your first post is how you arrive in front of the lab, and do the things mentioned in the text above. You already have your pokédex, some pokéballs and your pokémon since you received them in a package some days ago. This means you may or may not have taken the time and chance to get to know your pokémon a little.

If you arrive before your partner, end your post with standing with the others at the lab waiting. The partner should write their own post, maybe including getting presented to their partner. Don't bunny each other. But as soon as both your posts are finished and you've met each other, you can write about releasing your pokémon and setting off towards Route 1.

For this post, you may bunny professor Oak and the executive from PEN, Jessilyn Andersen, who wants to interview you very shortly. Good luck!

As you move on to Route 1, you may meet trainers, other people or wild pokémon of your own creation. The route consists mainly of farmlands and small bits of forest along a pretty easily traveled road. Remember to film things! And stay together with your partner player.

If you want to capture a certain pokémon, ask for permission in the OOC thread. Regular pokémon seen in early routes in the games should be alright.

In-game, it should take you guys about 1 day to reach Viridian City if you keep walking. That is, you could be there in the evening. No limit to number of posts. ))

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    Robert and his father had gotten up about 7am, it wasn't unusual for Rob to be up this early as he normally had chores to do on the farm. Yesterday they had driven from their home near Cerulean city to Viridian, where they had stopped the night at in motel. Rob had said he would catch a train to Viridian but his father had insisted on driving him. Before they set off to Pallet town that morning, the two of them had cooked breakfasts from a café.

The journey didn't take long, half an hour at the most and with the radio on and the stream of chatter between Rob and his father, it was over before Robert knew it. Robert's dad pulled his old pick-up truck to a stop not far from the edge of Pallet town.

"Dad, why have you stopped here, were not at the lab yet?" Robert inquired slightly confused.

"Dropping you off here, you can walk from here, it's not far." His father answered smiling.

"Sure you don't want to see me off at the lab then?" Rob asked his father.

"No son, I've got a long journey back," His dad said, Rob nodded in agreement. "and I'm certain you don't want me embarrassing you in front of the cameras." His father added with a laugh, Robert nodded again and laughed as well. "Watch it cheeky" His dad said, giving him friendly punch in the arm.

Once the two of them had stopped laughing, Rob's dad began to speak again, "You had better get a move on if you want to get to the lab in time, have you got everything."

"Yeah dad. I'll see you in a few weeks, I hope, and I will call you every few days." Rob said as he grabbed his bag and leapt out of the door of the truck.

"Bye son, have a great time and good luck." His dad replied. Robert shut the truck door and with that his dad set off back home. Rob decided to stop and watch his dad a while before he set off towards the lab.

For most of the five minute walk Robert was both excited and nervous with the anticipation of his up coming journey. For him it wasn't a long walk to the lab and on a morning like this it was quite a pleasant start to the day. When the lab came into view he didn't see any one else his age and assumed that he was the first one there, that as far as he was concerned wasn't a bad thing.

A man, who Robert knew already was Professor Oak, a woman, in a smart suit and a camera crew were waiting outside the lab. Upon spotting him approaching the woman urged the camera crew into action to begin filming.

"Good morning, I am Professor Oak." Professor Oak greeted Robert first, then he asked "Your name is?"

"Good morning too you too, my name is Robert Walsh," He said adding a "sir." for good manners, he was feeling quite nervous and more than a little embarrassed now.

"It is very nice to meet you Robert, I hope that you have a very enjoyable journey and wish you the best of luck." Professor Oak said, offering a hand for Robert to shake.

"Thank you." Robert said trying his best to be as polite as possible and shook Professor Oak's hand.

"Professor have you finished talking with Robert, I want to borrow him for a minute." The woman stated rather than asked. She seemed rather eager to get on with interviewing Robert, as she took him to one side where a camera was set up to film him.

"Hello Rob," The woman began, "I am Jessilyn Andersen, I'm just going to ask you a few questions, is that all right." Again she stated rather than asked.

Before Robert had time to speak she gestured to the camera man to start filming and asked her first question. "So how are you feeling about your upcoming adventure?"

Robert, though for a few seconds, it felt like the camera man was trying to force feed him the camera, which didn't help him think of an answer "Well I am quite looking forwards to it, but I'm also a little nervous and rather excited."

"What would you say you are looking forwards too the most?" Jessilyn asked.

After a short pause Rob replied. "Well I'm looking forwards to getting to spend some time exploring Kanto."

"One last question for you Rob, have you already introduced yourself to your Pokémon? and if so what did you think of it?"

"Yes, I have. I think that it is a good choice for a starter." He answered, he tried to think up something else to say but he was interrupted.

"Well now that I've finished your interview you just have to wait for your partner to arrive. Your partner is," Jessilyn looked at a clip board "Aaron Morrison. They shouldn't be too long."

Robert sat down to make him self comfortable while he waited, he got out the Pokédex he had been given and flicked through it, he hoped he wouldn't have to wait long.

Years
    Jack hadn't waken up and didn't look like he was going to for any time soon he slept through the beeps of his Chatot alarm clock and even the smell of freshly made breakfast on the table ,Jack's second favorite thing, didn't even make him budge. His Parents watched him sprawled across the bed fast asleep no movement at all both shaking their heads in disappointment "This is the boy we are sending out into the world" Mr Rodwell said with a sad look on his face as he walked away heading towards the kitchen. Jack's mother walked over to the little table beside Jack's bed where a pokeball was being nestled by a makeshift pokeball holder. She took the pokeball up and released Cubone which Jack had renamed Femur.

"You know what to do right" Jack's mother was on one knee patting cubone on his head and watched as he stretched getting limber before moving. Femure nodded picked up his bone and whacked Jack in his head, hard enough to wake him but not enough to hurt him. This has been the only way to wake up Jack now a days as he seemed to be immune to anything else.

"OW!!!" Jack quickly jumped up when the bone had struck him and could only look at Femur with a big smile on his face not even angry at what he had just done. Jack looked on his watch realising he was a little late and rushed off to the bathroom, well walking a little faster than usual. All that was going through Jack's head was sleep but he was happy that the day had finally arrived. Jack had gotten ready and returned Femur to its pokeball before hoping in the back of his fathers car.

"Looking forward to today" Jack's father asked as they started to drive off with Jack's mother waving them goodbye behind them.

Jack just responded with a grunt and began sleeping again.

All Jack's father could do was sigh he had seen this so many time Jack setting out to do something and ending up being to lazy to actually do it.

"Where here" Jack's father shouted in an effort to wake up his son but it wasn't needed Jack's face was planted against the car window looking at the lab that was surrounded by all sort of vehicles and people lining up to catch a glimpse of the six chosen trainers.

Jack walked into the lab waving goodbye to his father who couldn't drive away any quicker. "Don't blame you dad I want to sleep too" Jack walked inside spotting another youngster sitting down searching through his pokedex, which reminded Jack that he had one as well. Jack turned his attention to the two older people standing in the middle of the room staring on him. Jack walked over slowly and as he reached closer a large smile could be seen on Prof. Oaks face creeping Jack out a little. "H--i there" Jack said nervously as he looked directly into there eyes while the cameras and lights were being stuffed in his face.

"My name is Prof. Oak" The man stretched his for a hand shake which Jack obliged and shuck back his hand. but before he was able to say anything else the lady beside him set off in paparazzi mode.

"My name is Jessilyn Andersen" she introduced herself as she dragged Jack infront of the cameras "Word on the street is your a bum, are you sure you can handle such a big task" she was straight forward and Jack was about to respond but the Prof. stepped in.

"Maybe that's too personal"the Professor joked as he ushered Jack to a seat "You can wait here for your partner, who will be" Oak looked up and realised that Jack had fell asleep "Obviously he was tired" Oak laughed as he went back to the middle of the room waiting on the other trainers.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    "We're going to meet Professor Oak today, so be on your best behavior, Baron," Rhea quietly spoke to the smaller Pokemon. The rose-like creature gave an affirmative "Rosie!" as he watched his trainer pack her light blue, flowery messenger bag. Rhea had only gotten Baron a few days ago, but the two were managing just fine. He had reminded Rhea of a rather calm and elegant character in one of her favorite novels, and so she named him "Baron" after said character. It was also decided that the Roselia would not go inside his Poke Ball unless he was badly injured. "Poke Balls seem like they would be very cramped, and besides, you should get fresh air," Rhea had said. Baron seemed to agree with this, as he performed a couple pirouettes in response.

As soon as Rhea had stepped off the final step, her brother was bombarding her with questions.

"Is Professor Oak really gonna be there? Will you become famous? Might I get to go someday?" Nikolai could barely hold his excitement. Rhea smiled at her younger brother's enthusiasm, and smiled at him, as if to say "We'll see." Nikolai wasn't the only one excited for Rhea. Both of Rhea's parents were proud that their daughter would finally see the world, though Alexandra worried about Rhea returning to Lavender Town. She had always believed the sight of death influenced Rhea's introverted demeanor, but Alexandra hoped that Rhea would open up as she went on this journey with her Pokemon and her partner.

"Are you ready for us to take you to Pallet Town, Rhea?" Gus asked, already standing by the door. Rhea looked to Baron, as if to see if he, too, was ready. The Roselia saluted his trainer, a sign that he was indeed raring to go. Rhea looked at her father and gave an affirmative nod, and he smiled. "Well, then, let's go! Pallet Town's quite a ways away!" Both Nikolai and Alexandra waved goodbye as Gus, Rhea, and Baron walked towards the sunrise.

~x~

Pallet Town gave off a rustic aura. Or at least Rhea believed so. As they got to the entrance, Gus hugged his daughter and the two said their goodbyes before Rhea entered the town. Baron followed her from behind, as if taking in what was around him. From what Rhea recalled from the letter, she was supposed to go to the lab. Fortunately, the lab was rather conspicuous in such an environment. Rhea clenched her fists and bit her lip out of nervousness as she walked towards the big building. In the distance she could see some others her age had already arrived. They were all male, and Rhea wondered if she'd be the only female trainer this time around. As she got closer she saw the man she presumed to be Professor Oak (Rhea had only seen his photo a couple of times, after all). He was talking with one of the other children, a reporter at his side. Rhea placed herself against a tree, Baron at her side. She honestly wasn't keen on the idea of having to chat with anyone.

Unfortunately, Rhea was noticed in due time.

"Are you here for 'Kanto Rewinded'?" the reporter asked. Rhea looked up at the woman and nodded shyly. "Good, good! Welcome to Pallet Town! My name is Jessilyn Andersen! And you are...?" The reporter held a microphone no more than one inch away from Rhea's face, as if wishing to tell the entire world who this young girl was.

"R-Rhea. Rhea M-Marion. I-I mean Marino," Rhea stuttered, her face turning a faint red. She was never good at conversing with anyone who could hold a conversation with her. A huge grin formed on Jessilyn's face.

"Nice to meetcha, Rhea! And who's this guy right here?" She looked toward Baron, who seemed to be trying to decide what to do.

"H-he's Baron. A-a R-Roselia," Rhea replied.

"So he's your Pokemon partner, huh? Excellent! Well, then, Rhea, how do you feel about setting off on your journey with your Pokemon and partner?"

"I-I'm not sure. I-I guess I'm a bit excited..." Rhea had some mixed feelings. After all, she had accepted the invitation for her brother's sake. But she knew she had to battle. She hated Pokemon battles, as she believed many a Pokemon would die from such.

"All right, then! Next question--" But before Jessilyn could proceed, a silhouette appeared behind her.

"That's quite enough, Miss Andersen. Can't you see the girl's worn out from all your questions?" Professor Oak asked.

"But I've only asked a couple..."

"As a reporter, you need to give the interviewees a break every now and then." He turned to Rhea. "Miss Marino, was it? I'm Professor Oak. It's a pleasure meeting you." He held out his hand, as if indicating the desire to shake Rhea's. She timidly took hold of it and shook it lightly, before drawing back. "Now then, who is your partner...?" The Professor looked over Jessilyn's shoulder to see what was posted on the clipboard. "Ah, yes, Mr. Flynn Dunwood. He doesn't seem to be here yet, so why don't you wait until then?" Rhea nodded, which was about the only thing she could do at this point. Professor Oak and Jessilyn turned around and walked around some more in case a new arrival should come. Flynn Dunwood... Another male. Perhaps I really will be the only female going on this journey... Rhea sighed, and sat down under the tree.

"I have a feeling that it's gonna be a long day, Baron."

((OOC: Totally realized that Rhea is, in fact, the only girl participating this time around. YOU CAN DO IT, RHEA!))

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    (OOC: I was going to make a young girl but I didn't think a double girl combo would be as much fun as Flynn and a 14 year old. d: Annoying 12 year old boy, ahoy!)

Flynn had already said his hasty goodbyes and was on his way to stardom, otherwise known as Pallet Town. He didn't want to spend too long saying goodbye to his mother; knowing her, she would have changed her mind and forbade him to go at the last minute. Instead, she had been left behind crying her eyes out. Flynn didn't even know why she was so emotional about it all. She didn't cry when Peyton left! Or did she... It was so long ago! Who cared anyways, Flynn was out! Out in the air, in fact. Since a car trip would have taken too long, his father had offered his Pidgeot. Not by himself of course, his father was sitting behind him, pointing the way to his Pokémon. The whole trip itself didn't take that long. Maybe 15 minutes? 20 minutes? Pidgeot was certainly a fast flier, despite its age.

They landed around the corner from the commotion known as Oak's Labratory. Well, it wasn't that bad, just different from last time. Flynn had seen it without the people once or twice on school excursions, but now, it looked way different. He inhaled and stepped forward, ready for his audience. He had walked a few meters before he turned around, noticing the lack of his father behind him. His father was still sitting on his Pidgeot where they had landed, a smile on his face.

"Aren't you coming, Dad?" Flynn pouted. His father replied with a laugh and a shake of his head. "Why not?"

"You said you wanted to do things by yourself? You can start by walking down the street and into that lab."

"But... uh, but um."

"Do you want to go back home?" His father raised an eyebrow and patted the ruff of feathers where Flynn had been sitting before. Flynn quickly shook his head, spun around, pulled at his backpack and took off towards the lab. "Go show them!" His father yelled after him.

Flynn was greeted by cameras, microphones and a strange lady. She was so grinny, her teeth were so white. She was the first to talk to him.

"Hello young man," she said, bending over to take his hand and shake it. Flynn screwed up his nose a little. She didn't have to make fun of his height like that. "You're a new trainer for Kanto Rewinded, yeah? What's your name?" Flynn was taken by surprise, and nodded furiously in response. Oh yeah, his name.

"Flynn Denwood!" He replied quite brightly, blinking his eyes at the camera flashes. The woman nodded back at him, adding some "mmhm"s and "oh yeah"s.

"Flynn! Flynn, it's nice to meet you! I'm Jessilyn Anderson! So, are you excited about this?" The woman put a hand on his shoulder and pointed him towards a video camera, her freakishly white teeth still beaming from her mouth. Flynn nodded again. "Have you met your Pokémon yet?" Flynn shook his head this time. "Why ha--"

"That's enough, Jessilyn," a voice boomed from behind Flynn. He flicked his head around, only to see the great Professor Oak standing behind him, a warm smile on his face. Flynn almost sighed in relief and pulled himself from the interviewer's grip, taking Oak's outstretched hand and shaking it. "Hello Flynn, I'm Professor Oak. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"I know," Flynn smiled back, completely oblivious that his 'I know' sounded a lot like a response to Oak's 'pleasure to meet you' rather than to his introduction. "I met you on a school trip once!" The professor's smile became a little twisted.

"Well there you go. Forgive me for not remembering you, I meet a lot of people. Let's press on though," he grabbed a clipboard and pointed at some words, presumably Flynn's name or something. "You'll be teamed up with Ms. Rhea Marino. She's just sitting over there! I'm sure you can introduce yourself." He held a hand out towards a girl sitting under a tree and pushed Flynn forward a little. As Flynn turned around to object, Professor Oak had already left him and rejoined Mrs. Anderson. Flynn shrugged and walked towards the girl. Okay, first impressions. She was... older than he was. She was sitting though, so Flynn couldn't exactly see if she was taller than he was. He stepped up to her, pretty much standing directly over her, and held out a hand for her to shake.

"Hi!" he beamed. "I'm Flynn." If she took his hand, that would be the third person to shake his hand today. Probably a record for him.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    Aaron woke up from his slumber. Aaron checked his Pikachu styled alarm clock. It read 9:00. Gotta get up, Logan thought. Aaron took a shower and walked over to his closet. He picked out a shirt and a pair of pants and headed downstairs. Aaron walked up to the counter where his mother had a little cafeteria for the visitors.
    " Good morning Aaron. Big day for you," Aaron's mother said.
    " Yea, I feel nervous. But I have faith that I can do well," Aaron shrugged.
    " Here have a bagel," Aaron's mother insisted as she handed Aaron a bagel.
    " Thanks Mom," Aaron replied as he ate his bagel. Aaron grabbed his bag, which contained the essentials. Aaron's Dad was around, which was a surprise.
    " Ready to go Aaron," Aaron's Dad asked.
    " Yea," Aaron replied, waving bye to his mother. Aaron and his dad got in his dad's truck, which was provided from his work. Aaron's dad started driving to Pallet Town, which is where Aaron is going to be starting his Journey. Within a short time, Aaron reached Pallet Town.
    " Have fun Aaron, and don't forget to stop by in Viridian," Aaron's dad smiled, as he stopped the truck.
    " See ya Dad," Aaron replied, as he got out of the truck near by Oak's lab. Aaron waved to his Dad and walked towards the lab. A Camera crew ran up to him.
    " Hello. I am Jessilyn Andersen. I'm going to ask you some questions," she stated. The camera started filming and the questions began.
    " What is your name," Jessilyn asked.
    " Aaron Morrison," Aaron replied.
    " Thanks Aaron. Are you ready for your adventure," Jess questioned.
    " I am ready," Aaron answered in a confident tone.
    " So Aaron, what Pokemon do you have and have you gotten to know it," Jess asked.
    " I have a Croagunk and we have an understanding," Aaron informed Jessilyn, not sure if she really cared.
    " So, why are you excited for your journey," Jess questioned.
    " Well, the chance to explore and train my Pokemon is always a plus," Aaron replied.
    " Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions. Good bye for now," Jess thanked.
    " No problem," Aaron replied. Aaron saw Professor Oak and went over to introduce himself.
    " Hello Sir. My name is Aaron Morrison," Aaron introduced.
    " Ah yes, the Pokemon Encyclopedia," Oak replied.
    " You are teamed up with Robert Walsh. He's over there," Oak added, pointing to a boy sitting down flipping through a Pokedex.
    " Thanks Professor," Aaron acknowledged as he walked away from Oak and towards the boy. Aaron stuck out his hand and said,
    " Hello, I am Aaron Morrison. I understand I am traveling with you. We should get going. We can talk on the road."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    "You are teamed up with Robert Walsh. He's over there," Oak added, pointing to a boy sitting down flipping through a Pokedex.

"Thanks Professor, "Aaron acknowledged as he walked away from Oak and towards the boy. Aaron stuck out his hand and said: "Hello, I am Aaron Morrison. I understand I am traveling with you. We should get going. We can talk on the road."

"Excellent!" the professor said and smiled whole heartedly. "Our first team is ready! If I recall correctly, you are with Croagunk and Drowzee, am I right? Two fine pokémon, those are. Quite the clever creatures."

Jessilyn Andersen interrupted him and made way to the two boys. "Fantastic! Now if the two of you would want to line up here, please..." she pointed to in front of the cameras. That would probably signify the starting line. They would set off in a few moments.

"We will be filming you from the start, going off into the forest of Route 1," Andersen explained. "It will look so cool on the TV! Are you boys ready? Take out your pokémon already! Show them to the world!"

"Calm down, Jessilyn," professor Oak said, a bit worriedly. "You don't have to make them any more nervous than they already are."

"They look quite calm to me," Andersen said. "The calm, clever duo. I can't wait to meet them in Viridian City and see what they've been up to!"

The professor sighed. "Anways. It's time for you two to step out into your own pokémon adventure. Like Aaron said, you can talk on the road." He motioned for them to step in front of the cameras and pull out their pokémon.

Back