• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto Rewinded (K+)

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
    (Lol. And that was how Horatio Lance got to join Kanto Rewinded :D Ta-da.)

"I just wish Oak would be a little more descriptive." Horatio rolled his eyes as he walked along the road without his partner next to him, "I have no idea how my partner looks like. Well, I guess I'm lucky. Someone has left the show, and I'm the next guy on the list." Being on the show was a new experience for the fourteen year old boy, and the feeling was totally different than what he had expected before getting on the show. First of all, being watched wasn't really that exciting after all, and actually it was rather annoying. The camera guys were like paparazzi - following everywhere you go as if you don't have something called Privacy.

Route one was longer than he had expected, and the end wasn't even visible from this point. Reaching for his Pokeball which was located in his pocket, Horatio flung it into the sky with his hand, trying to be as cool as possible, but was impossible to make it happen with the cape attached onto his back. The Capsule device released a red and white flash from its circular hole, and a brown, theropod-like Pokemon appeared before Horatio's eyes, a large skull-object on his head. The Pokemon was staring at Horatio from below, his eyes fierce enough to make him shiver.

"Hey, Cubone," Horatio spoke, looking at him from above, towering over him, "Uh, sorry I had to suck you back into the Pokeball. Figured that releasing you myself would be much cooler in front of the TV viewers." The Cubone snorted and glanced around, then snarled at the camera crew as they were zooming onto him. Horatio didn't know much about this Cubone, and he knew even less about his personality, but Horatio had to try talking to him. After all, he was his new Pokemon partner.

"So um, I bet you don't have a name yet." Horatio started, smiling a little, trying to be friendly, "How about...Numb Skull?"

Cubone's facial expression translation: What? Are you talking about yourself? Because you sure look like one...

"Okay..." Horatio frowned, then thought of another one, "How about...Phantom?"

Cubone's facial expression translation: What am I, a ghost type?!

"Fine, how about...Boneo?" Horatio suggested.

Cubone's facial expression translation: What? Boneo and Juliet?

"Uh....Bon....er?"

Cubone's facial expression translation: Say that again and I'll kill you.

The cameraman gave himself a facepalm. Annoyed, Horatio crossed his arms, "Well if you don't want those names...well I have to admit the last one was a little awkward...since your skull...thing reminds me of an exoskeleton...how about Exo?"

The Cubone was satisfied.

Horatio was almost a hundred percent sure that the TV show would add some laughing sound effects right then, but he didn't want to talk about it, and carried on walking. Just then, a bird-like Pokemon walked across the path before him as if it was a chicken crossing a road (not the joke again please), and Horatio could tell that it wasn't an ordinary bird creature. "Oh my god, It's a...." Horatio gasped, blinking at the Pokemon, trying to come up with the right Pokemon Species name, which in this case, was Pidgey (Deep Impact's pidgey. we'll fight for it), "A....A......uh......ah...." With a few more blinks, Horatio gave up, and glanced at the camera crew behind him. Horatio could imagine it now. Families with children big and small, laughing at him while eating popcorn. Shaking his head at that thought, he reached for his PokeDex, then flipped it open, hoping to see some answers.

"Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. It has an extremely sharp sense of direction. It is capable of unerringly returning home to its nest, however far it may be removed from its familiar surroundings." The PokeDex explained, a picture of Pidgey on its screen. Turning it off and shoving it into his pocket, Horatio grinned, looking at Exo. The Cubone stared back at his trainer, with a confused look on his face. Or was it innocent? Glancing around, Horatio spotted a boy, about fourteen, standing together with another Pokemon. He was wearing black clothing, and he didn't seem to spot the Pidgey, Remind me to get that into my pokedex later. Horatio thought, then turned to the bird Pokemon, his black magician-like hat blocking the top half part of his eyes, his cape dancing with the mild winds.

"Exo, uh...." Horatio spoke, his voice full of confident, then stopped as he thought of a move, "Bone...club?"

Exo heard his command, and lunged forwards, his little bone high in the air, then whacked the Pidgey in hacking motion, the hit knocking the Pidgey back by a little. The attack wasn't much, and Horatio wasn't expecting anything more than that. The Pidgey was alarmed and took off as fast as he could to prevent anymore whacking. Angered by the attack, the bird Pokemon charged downwards, his beak glowing brightly as he did a peck attack.

"Dodge it!" Horatio screamed, trying to keep his coolness inside, but well, his scream was rather girly just now. Exo couldn't do it in time, and was jabbed in the stomach, the impact pushing the Cubone backwards, causing him to slam onto Horatio's leg. Horatio winced in pain, but he didn't want to look bad in front of the camera, and helped his Pokemon partner by pulling him back up.

"Now, growl!" Exo stared at the Pidgey, which was in the air, staring back at him. Taking a deep breath, Exo let out a loud, but deep growl, the growl a little like an angry dog, but instead of being threatening, it was soothing, forcing people to calm down. The Pidgey flinched a little, obviously startled due to the endearing cry, but then, it was obvious that it was wary, and Horatio saw his chance.

"Just throw the freaking bone!" Horatio smirked, and Exo flung his bone towards the Pidgey, whacking it in mid air with his flying white weapon. The Pidgey screech after being hit, then the trainer watched as he plunged towards the grassy ground below, unconscious. Flinging an empty Pokemon towards the bird Pokemon, the capsule sucked it in in a flash, then vibrated on the ground, the Pokemon fighting for its freedom inside. One. Twice. Then there was a large flash, and the Pokeball released him once again, the Pidgey soaring into the skies with one strong flap of its wings.

"Dang! Not enough." eyes narrowing, Horatio eyed the Pidgey as if he was prey, trying to come up with another method to whack him down...

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Ricardo's partner left, apparently because he didn't like Ricardo.

"Great....."He thought. "What an awesome start"

He was partner less, and unable to move any further. He took out Blizzard, and then took his camera and started recording his surroundings. He absolutely didn't have anything to do currently. They had said something about getting a new partner, but Ricardo wasn't so sure.

He was filming, when he saw a kid in the distance, with a Cubone. He hadn't seen his partner's Pokemon, it may, or may not have been the Cubone, and that boy may be his partner.

He walked up to the kid, still recording. The kid had started battling with a Pidgey that had appeared. RICARDO'S Pidgey.

The boy had managed to weaken the Pokemon quite nicely, and had tried to capture the Pokemon. The Pokemon free, and the Pidgey was still up for grabs.

Ricardo pointed to the Pidgey, and said to Blizzard, "Go get him."

Blizzard walked up to the Pidgey, at first the Cubone was in her way, but Blizzard knocked him away, and the Cubone landed at the trainer's feet. Blizzard scratched the Pidgey with all her force, and the Pidgey was knocked away. The Pidgey let out a loud cry, and charged at Blizzard.

Ricardo walked over to the new trainer, and thrust the camera, still filming, into his hands. "Hold that for me, will ya? And watch how a pro does it!"

"Blizzard! Quick attack, now!" Ricardo yelled at the Sneasel. The Sneasel lunged forward, and with one whack, the Pidgey was knocked down to the ground.

"Blizzard, now Growl and Scratch, combined with Quick Attack!" Ricardo yelled. It was certainly an interesting move. Blizzard Growled, and then quickly ran forward, and again scratched the Pidgey. It was the power of Scratch, with the speed of Quick Attack, and also scaring the Pidgey with Growl.

The Pidgey was knocked back, and he landed a few meters away from Ricardo. Already weakened by the earlier trainer, Ricardo took out a Pokeball from his pocket, and chucked it at the Pidgey.

The Pidgey was absorbed into the ball in a flash of red, and then the Pokeball shook.

Once. Twice. Thrice. Then it finally gave a loud click, and the Pokeball was sealed shut. The Pidgey was Ricardo's.

He walked up to Blizzard and lifted her in his arms. He petted her, and said, "Nice job, Blizzard." Blizzard gave him a huge smile.

Ricardo went over and picked up the Pokeball. He tossed it in the air, and the Pidgey came out. "As for you.....you are now Ace!" Ricardo said. He was quite happy, and was grinning, which was quite a rare occasion in the case of Ricardo.

He then remembered about the new trainer. he walked up to him, Ace and Blizzard following him, and said, "I hope you got all that on film? Now, I want to ask, what is your name? And who are you exactly?" he looked at the kid's ridiculous attire, and chuckled. "Also, what the HECK are you wearing?"

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
    Horatio was about to shout a command, when suddenly the boy he saw earlier had appeared before him, his Sneasel shoving Exo away, sending him tumbling back to his trainer's feet, stopping with a little bump on Horatio's ankles. Looking at the boy with black clothes, Horatio observed him in battle. But when he was about to enjoy the fight, the boy shoved a camera into his hands, telling him to record it. Horatio snorted and placed the camera by his side, ignoring his ignorant command.

The Sneasel had a better moveset, as he had two different attack moves, and after a combined attack, the Pidgey was down in a flash. The Pokeball vibrated thrice, then it didn't vibrate anymore. The Pidgey was captured. With the help of Exo, of course. The Pidgey was like, awfully weak when he was released into the skies once again. The trainer just took all the glory in catching it back.

After the capture, the trainer approached him, "I hope you got all that on film? Now, I want to ask, what is your name? And who are you exactly?" he looked at the Horatio's clothes, and chuckled. "Also, what the HECK are you wearing?"

"Oops. The film? Sorry." Horatio smirked, handing him the camera without recording anything, "And call me Lance. I'm here for the Kanto race." He looked at his clothes and shrugged, "I can't help it! It doesn't look that bad. Plus, I can do a lot with these."

Horatio smirked as he reached into a secret compartment located on the inner side of his cape, and took out a Pokeball, "This isn't any Pokeball. Your newly caught Pokemon's inside. What's it called again? Ace? Oh and I think this wallet belongs to you." Horatio smiled even more when he reached for a black wallet which was located under his head, then handed it to the black boy with a large satisfied grin on his face. Looking behind him, the camera crews were talking to each other as if they were good friends, so judging by their reactions, this black boy was probably his partner. Well there's something they have in common - they both wear in black.

Looking at his Sneasel, Horatio glanced at his own Pokemon - Exo and frowned. He wondered if they could get along. And he wondered if his Pokemon's skills were good enough to win the black boy's in a fight. He couldn't lose on TV, as that would humiliate him in front of millions of viewers. He had to train Exo, and fast. Glancing at his partner from top to bottom, Horatio rolled his eyes and sighed. A typical antagonist? Against a typical protagonist? Well if he wants to mess with me, he'll have to know that I have some tricks up my sleeve. With some nasty plots in his mind, Horatio continued to walk along the zig-zag route, the end of the route visible from here.

"Well, the next Pokemon's mine." Lance said, getting a head start in walking, "Well, I guess you can weaken him before letting me capture it. And why are you standing there? This is a race, black boy."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: Nocturnal, you do know that you two are supposed to record each other's doings since there is no camera crew out on the routes? Other than that, nice :3 ))

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    Rhea watched as her partner enthusiastically picked up the ball that was used to catch the Spearow in and call it out. It's kind of cute, she thought. She kept the camera on the two. After all, the show would like bonding, wouldn't it?

"Look, Rhea!" Flynn had perched the Spearow on his arm and was looking at the camera so she could get a good shot. The Spearow looked pretty cool, Rhea had to admit. "We have to find you a Pokemon now, Rhea, since you only have one and I have two. So we can win!" Flynn commented. Rhea nodded. To be honest, winning didn't matter to her too much; she just wanted to complete the journey for her brother. All right, time to keep my eyes peeled. She looked left and right a few times before looking down at Baron, who seemed to have picked up her cue. The Roselia let out a small "Rosy!" as he kept an eye out for other wild Pokemon.

A few minutes passed. Nothing. Rhea hoped Flynn was too occupied with his new Spearow, "Helix", to speak with her. She had to stay focused.

"A-ah!" Rhea cried out, noticing some grass rustling. Was it a Pokemon? Baron also saw the movement and elegantly walked toward it. Rhea tiptoed behind the Roselia so that she wouldn't create too big a disturbance. Right in front of their eyes was a squirrel-like Pokemon, one Rhea had never seen before. She took out her Pokedex, and almost immediately it turned on.

"Sentret, the Scout Pokemon. Sentret is able to see great distances by rising up on its tail. When it spots an enemy, or any kind of danger, it emits a loud, shrill cry as a warning," a robotic voice said. Rhea looked at the Pokemon. It certainly wasn't crying out right now, nor was it up on its tail.

"F-Flynn!" Rhea cried out to her partner. "C-can you record for me, p-please?" She turned back to the Pokemon. It had definitely noticed her and Baron by now, so why wasn't it doing anything? Rather, it seemed to be scanning the two. After a moment of silence on its part, the Sentret curled up into a ball. It reminded Rhea of a person curling up into a fetal position. But was this some kind of attack?

"Baron, can you use..." Rhea took a moment to recall his attacks; she had looked them up after naming him. "Growth! Yeah, that'll do." The Roselia nodded in response and began to glow a greenish color. Was he absorbing energy from around him? Whatever it was, it didn't take long. The green light seemed to "shatter" into smaller lights, but there was no obvious change to the Roselia. Growth raises Attack and Special Attack, right? Rhea recalled. So that means he's a bit more powerful than before. The Sentret hardly took notice of Baron's move, staying in its ball.

"All right, Baron! Poison Sting!" The Roselia fire a string of thin, purple-colored needles at the Sentret. At that point, the Sentret began to roll out of the way. Not in an offensive way, but rather to protect itself from the attack. However, Rhea was determined to hit it. "Baron, keep using Poison Sting until you hit it!" The Roselia nodded, and with all his might shot out more needles. The Sentret continued to roll, dodging each and every needle. However, it failed to notice a small rock in its path, and as it rolled into said rock Sentret lost its form and revealed its entire body, leaving an opening for Baron. Baron fired one more string of needles, and before Sentret could react, the needles had hit it. The Sentret collapsed on the ground, and slowly looked up at Rhea and Baron. Rhea gasped. Its face seemed rather sickly. It definitely wasn't this way a few minutes ago.

"Are you all right?" she cried, rushing to the squirrel's side. The Sentret let out a weak "Sen", its eyes darting back and forth. Rhea touched the creature, and a sharp pain hit her body. What was going on? "Ah... Baron... Your Poison Sting... It must've poisoned the Sentret, and now the poison's spread to me." The Roselia, still maintaining an elegant stature, hopped over to the two. It lifted both of its roses and let out a yellow light from each at both victims. Within a few seconds, the pain was gone.

"Your ability... It's Natural Cure, isn't it? ...Thank you, Baron." Rhea let out a sigh of relief. "Now..." She turned to the Sentret, who also looked well. "I'm really sorry for poisoning you. I guess I got too caught up with capturing a Pokemon like my partner here." She motioned toward Flynn. "So, um, if you want..." Rhea took a deep breath. "Would you like to be part of my team?" The Sentret looked at her with its big eyes and nodded. Rhea smiled, and took out a Poke Ball.

"I hope you don't mind, but I need to capture you with this, all right?" The Sentret nodded again, and Rhea calmly touched the Poke Ball to its head. The ball opened up, and the Sentret was placed inside. It then fell to the ground and began to shake back and forth. A few moments passed, and the ball stopped shaking. Rhea smiled.

"All right, come on out!" She pressed the button in the center and released the Sentret. It walked up next to Baron and smiled. "Guess I gotta look at your info., huh?" Rhea opened her Pokedex up. "Female... Knows Scratch, Foresight, and Defense Curl... I guess that's what she was using earlier. All right!" Rhea turned to her new friend. "From now on, you'll be Mistral! Is that all right with you?" The Sentret gave a nod. "And if you don't mind, I'd like it if you traveled by my side for some time." Mistral also seemed to be happy about this. Rhea smiled at her two Pokemon and turned to Flynn.

"I-I guess we should head on out to Viridian City, huh?" She didn't bother asking if he had managed to record everything. Though she didn't know him so well, she trusted him.

((OOC: Pacifism. It's the new way to battle. Kind of.))

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Wow, cool!" Flynn beamed from the other side of the camera. The Roselia, wait, no, it had a name. Baron looked so awesome as he threw those Poison Stings. So elegant, so regal, so awesome! Though Spiral was so much cooler, with its spinning tackles and shooting water. C'mon, it was a gold star! Only the coolest of people in Flynn's school classes got gold stars. And Flynn had a giant one. Wait until his friends saw it!

Then, Rhea started talking to the Pokémon. Wait, talking? That's not how you caught a Pokémon! You were meant to show it who was boss then throw a ball at it, not ask it nicely to get in the ball. Oh... what? Flynn raised his eyebrows as the Sentret complied to the ball and let itself inside. Well, it worked then. Rhea had caught her first Pokémon too! Well, her second if you counted their starters. Flynn raised the camera to Rhea's face as she let it back out.

"From now on, you'll be Mistral! Is that all right with you? And if you don't mind, I'd like it if you traveled by my side for some time," Rhea said to the Sentret. No, said to Mistral. Flynn recorded her and her Pokémon as she turned to him with a smile on her face. "I-I guess we should head on out to Viridian City, huh?"

"Baron and Mistral, very cool!" Flynn said, the camera still trained on her. "Yup, yup, we gotta get to the Pokémon Centre or something, right?" He pulled the camera down from his eyes and pressed the record button, turning the record off. "We have to show those TV people how cool we are and how awesome we are and how cool I was when I caught Helix. Oh and... how cool you were too, catching that Sentret! Oh, sorry, Mistral! They might give you extra points since you did it differently!"

Flynn started to walk along the path, towards Viridian. He was extremely excited, though now that he had another Pokémon, he wanted more and more! Though, he told himself he would wait a little. So that he could catch a really powerful one and have a really cool team.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
    (OOC: Oops sorry. Forget about the crew then. You liek my nicknamez? :3 )

"Hoothoot has an internal organ that senses and tracks the earth's rotation. Using this special organ, this Pokémon begins hooting at precisely the same time every day." The PokeDex beeped, the letters appearing one by one on the screen. Standing before Horatio was a round, bird-like Pokemon, with awfully large red eyes, their pupils black as ink. It seemed to only have one pink-colored foot with four toes; however, it actually has two feet, but one is usually hidden in its feathers underneath. Horatio's camera was placed on a flat rock ten meters away, recording away with the record button turned on. Since his partner had stolen his Pidgey, this Hoothoot was going to be his. Hoping that his partner wouldn't do anything to interfere, Horatio stood back and glanced at his Cubone, then commanded.

"Exo, whack'em!" Horatio shouted, and Exo ran forwards, hitting the Hoothoot with his bone, then jumped back, ready for his trainer's next command. Horatio frowned and blinked, tilting his head. That was it? One single whack?

"Exo, when I said whack, I meant whack him multiple times!" Horatio sighed, having a headache telling his Pokemon what to do. The Cubone emitted a sound that sounded like 'ohhhhhh' and nodded with confidence. When Horatio saw his reation, he grinned, knowing that his Pokemon knew what to do now.

"Exo, whack him again!" Horatio cried, and Exo leaped forward, crying his own species name, but when he was about to strike, he turned his head and stared at his trainer, his expression meaning, "How many times should I whack him?"

Horatio wanted to throw the Cubone off the cliff, but he stayed calm in front of the camera, trying to hide his frustration. Then his eyes widened, and smiled, "How about this. If I say whack once, you'll whack him once. If I say whack two times, you'll whack him twice. Got it? Now whack whack whack with Bone Club!"

Finally understanding what the trainer wanted him to do, Exo's bone glowed yellow, and he slammed it onto the Hoothoot, the third attack jabbing it in the stomach. The Hoothoot squealed and returned an attack with tackle, charging towards his enemy.

"Whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack whack!" Horatio shouted from behind, the whacking sounds making him sound like a chicken. Exo stopped and looked at the sky, trying to remember how many times his trainer had said the word 'whack', when all of a sudden the Hoothoot leaped onto the Cubone, pecking him again and again.

"Ugh, nevermind! Whack him upwards!"

Exo heard his command and charged his bone with power, then gave the Hoothoot a bone uppercut from below, launching the enemy into the air, hitting him away like a home run. Doing a somersault in the air, the Hoothoot regained balance, and charged downwards like a jet fighter, his beak glowing white, as sharp as a knife.

"No you don't!" Seeing that Exo didn't know how to evade this one, Horatio reached for his Pokeball and chucked it towards the flying Pokemon, treating it like a baseball. The Hoothoot didn't see it coming, and he took the attack in mid-air, then fell like a stone. Once on the ground, dizzy and weak, Horatio knelt down and picked up the Pokeball, throwing it towards the Hoothoot again. The ball sucked the bird in, then vibrated. One. Two. When it was above to vibrate the third time and release the Hoothoot one again, Horatio screamed in terror and leaped towards the ball, pinning and pressing it onto the ground with both of his hands.

"No! No more shaking!" Horatio pleaded, his voice out of tone already, then sighed in relief when the Pokeball obeyed. Placing the Pokeball into his back, Horatio glanced at Exo, "We have GOT to figure this out. I will NOT whack like a chicken again, okay?" Walking to the camera, Horatio pressed the 'stop button', and turned it off, "And we've got it on tape."

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    "Baron and Mistral, very cool!" Flynn exclaimed. Rhea blushed a little and smiled. In her mind, she was also happy that the camera was still on her, and, from what she could see, was still recording. "Yup, yup, we gotta get to the Pokémon Center or something, right?" The Pokemon Center. Rhea had seen one from time to time, but she had never been in one before. However, it had got to have been better than camping, right? Her brother had once gone on a camping trip with some friends, and came back shivering like a wet Growlithe. And this was Nikolai, who was normally upbeat and hadn't a care in the world. Rhea promised herself to avoid camping as much as possible while on this journey. Even if she had to stay in some total stranger's house, it was better than lying outside where a wild Ursaring or Primeape could appear.

"We have to show those TV people how cool we are and how awesome we are and how cool I was when I caught Helix. Oh and... how cool you were too, catching that Sentret! Oh, sorry, Mistral! They might give you extra points since you did it differently!" Flynn's voice knocked Rhea back into reality. The Pokemon Center was also where the crew would be, wasn't it? She hadn't seen anyone else get ahead of them, so they would be first, right? That would give them a chance of gaining extra points, too! ...Or at least Rhea hoped. She turned to Mistral and Baron, then at Flynn, who was already heading toward Viridian.

"Ready to go?" Rhea asked. Baron let out an affirmative "Rosii!" while Mistral proceeded to climb up Rhea's back and sit on her head. Rhea giggled a little at Mistral's quirkiness. The way she was positioned made her kind of look like one of those faux fur 'coon hats, except she wasn't really raccoon-like, was she? That would mean the name of the hats was faulty, then. But Rhea never understood the whole marketing system anyways, and there was no reason to try and understand it now! ...Right, Viridian. Flynn was already some paces ahead of her, so Rhea picked up Baron and began walking fast. The Roselia didn't mind being carried like an infant, and besides, he was rather light. Much lighter than Mistral, that's for sure. Rhea also wondered how heaving Spiral, Flynn's Staryu, was. He'd probably have a hard time carrying it, but maybe it would be able to carry him instead? Rhea hoped she would get a Pokemon that could carry her and her other Pokemon soon.

Viridian was no different than it had been when Rhea, Baron, and Rhea's father had gone through it to get to Pallet Town. It was still big as ever, though Rhea didn't think it compared to Vermilion. Nonetheless, the number of buildings kind of made it hard to point out the Pokemon Center. ...Scratch that. The Pokemon Center's red roof and Poke Ball sign made it stick out like a sore thumb. Well, that was easy. Making sure Flynn was around and not distracted by the other sights (Rhea had the feeling that he was that sort of person, though she could be wrong), Rhea then entered the Pokemon Center.

It was nothing like what Rhea had expected. In the back was a nurse behind a counter, a machine of some sort next to her. Rhea assumed that was where they healed Pokemon. Though it looked like they had to be in their Poke Balls in order to be healed. Such a shame. But right now, Rhea's mission was to find the TV crew. Like the Pokemon Center, they were also rather conspicuous. She walked over to them and bowed. Baron, who was back on the ground, followed her lead. Mistral just eyed them curiously.

"E-excuse me, b-but I was w-wondering if you were with K-Kanto Rewinded," Rhea sputtered. "I-I'm here with some f-footage of my partner's first capture." She held the camera out in front of her. "R-right now he's..." Rhea turned around, hoping Flynn had followed her inside. That would make things so much easier for her.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    The road that lay ahead of Aaron and Robert was over grown with long grass. Robert was currently leading the way, suddenly Robert froze and raised a hand gesturing Aaron to stop. Slowly he turned to Aaron and put a finger to his lips.

"Start filming." Whispered Robert, he didn't really care if his behaviour confused Aaron. With all the time Robert had spent outdoors he had learnt a little about tracking Pokémon and right now he was quite sure that there was something a few meters in front of him.

Robert crouched down and pulled Drowzee's ball form his belt, after the fight he had allowed his partner to rest, he had worked hard. As quietly as he could Robert released Drowzee, then crept forwards silently, Drowzee was a little less light on his feet. A small Pokémon soon came into view, Robert recognised it as a Rattata, quite a common Pokémon, it was busy eating a berry and hadn't yet noticed Robert or Drowzee. Robert had never caught a Pokémon before, but weren't Rattata supposed to be easy to catch, if so this would be a good Pokémon to start with. It took Robert a few seconds to decide that a surprise attack would be his best chance.

He stood up quickly "Drowzee use Pound!" he yelled, startling the Rattata. Drowzee leapt forwards from it's hiding place, the Rattata leapt out of it's way but not before Drowzee had managed to hit it. It quickly retaliated with a tackle, slamming into Drowzee and knocking it back a few steps, Robert realised that it still hadn't fully recovered form it's fight earlier.

"Drowzee, hang in there. Your doing great. Pound again." Robert shouted, Drowzee ran at the Rattata and hit it again, the attack had clearly hurt the Rattata. Robert pulled a Pokéball out and threw it at the Rattata, he crossed his fingers and hoped that he would be able to catch it. The ball shook, once, two time. And then it burst open in a shower of light, the Rattata reappeared and tried to run away.

"Quick! Stop it with Hypnosis." Robert ordered, Drowzee began to wave his hands and put the Rattata to sleep. Taking another Pokéball out Robert tried again, this time the Pokéball stayed shut.

"Yes! Got it!" Robert yelled, he gave Drowzee a friendly pat on the head. "You did well friend." He said before returning his Pokémon. Robert picked up the Pokéball containing his new Pokémon. He released Rattata on the floor in front of him, it was still asleep, and drew his Pokédex.

"Rattata, Scurries around quickly, searching for hard objects to gnaw. It appears to be jittery and unable to remain still." The Pokédex said, it hadn't really said anything Robert didn't already know and he bet he looked a bit of an idiot for checking, what the display did tell him though was that it was a female Rattata and it's move set. Carefully Robert picked up Rattata, cradling her in his arms and stroked her. Slowly she woke up and looked at Robert, he picked up the berry that she had been eating and gave it to her, she picked it out of his hand and began to nibble on it, with her large front teeth. He turned towards Aaron who was holding the camera.

"Are you ready to get moving again?" He asked, he looked at the road behind him, in the distance he could see Viridian city, if they kept up a fair pace they would be there soon.

Back