• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto Rewinded (K+)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Ricardo woke up at 10:15 A.M. The time he had to report was 10, but as far as Ricardo was concerned, he didn't care. he got dressed in his usual clothes, his black ones.

He walked into the living room, where his step mom was. She was all ready, dressed in her best clothes. She was fiddling with his camera, the one that had come in the package. His pokeball, containing the Pokemon he hadn't been allowed to see yet, was in it. Also there, was his Pokedex, with cheese on top.

His step mother looked at him, and gave him a look of disgust. "Ricardo! You lazy BUM! You are late!" She yelled at him.

"As if YOU care." He shot back.

"You are a rude boy. You are lucky I'm allowing you to go." She said.

"Yeah, right. Like I care about your permission." Ricardo thought, rolling his eyes.

"Don't you DARE roll your eyes at me, young man!" She yelled. And are you going to go dressed like THAT? I don't think so. What is the audience going to think? That a weirdo like you is my SON? No way. I don't want the audience to see you standing next to me."

"I don't think they're going to even show you on television. Wouldn't want the audience to die from a heart attack after seeing your horrific face on TV." He chuckled.

Ricardo's stem mom simply gave him a look, and then waved a hand over the desk where his things were. "There you go. Your stuff."

He saw his 'stuff'. His pokeball with his Pokemon, some extra Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and his camera. That was it. No clothes, food, or money. Nothing.

"I'm lucky to even get THAT" Ricardo thought.

"What about breakfast?" he asked.

"Meh. You're not getting it. You were rude." She replied, while applying a bit of make up on her face.

Ricardo sighed. The same old thing. As soon as his mother was done, they set out for the lab.

"C'mon, hurry up, you stupid boy!" Her mother yelled on the way.

Ricardo ignored her, and kept walking. at about 10:45, he was outside Prof. Oak's lab.

"Welcome!" Came Prof. Oak's voice. Ricardo had heard his voice a thousand times on the radio, and there was no mistaking it.

As soon as Ricardo was about to speak, his Mom spoke up. "Ah, thank you, Mr. Oak. I'm very happy to be here." She walked over to him, and shook his hand.

"Ah hello." He said. He then looked at Ricardo, and said, "And you must be...."

Yet again, Ricardo's mom spoke first. "Mrs. Newton, I am Valeria Newton."

Ricardo immediately lost his temper. He yelled, "Are you dumb or WHAT? Can't you see he's talking to me?! This is not about you! It's about me!" He realized too late that the outburst was recorded by the dozens of cameras. But he didn't care. His mother looked at him with a shocked look, as if she was about to slap him. But, she said nothing.

There was absolute silence for two minutes, after which Ricardo's mom spoke softly, "Alright Mr. Oak, it was nice to meet you." She then walked away without a word.

Prof. Oak was dumbstruck. As soon as Valeria was gone, he said, "All right, we should get in....." He motioned for Ricardo to follow him, and Ricardo obeyed silently. He followed him, and he led him to a woman.

They both had a quiet word, after which Prof. Oak said, "Alright son, don't worry, I've asked Jessilyn here to cut the part about that little......outburst, out there."

Jessilyn winked at him. "We don't want them to hate you, you know."

Ricardo replied, "I wouldn't have cared either way"

But truly, in his mind, he was saying, "Thank God."

"Anyways," Jessilyn continued, "Let's get started, shall we?"

He waved over at the cameras, and they began shooting again.

"All right, time for your questions." Jessilyn said.

"Questions? What questions?" Ricardo said.

"All right, tell us your name."

"Ricardo Newton"

"Why did you join the cast of Kanto Rewinded?"

"No comment" he said, and simply walked off. Jessilyn looked at him ,but said nothing.

Ricardo walked towards Prof. Oak, and said, "Where is my partner?"

He pointed towards a chair, where a boy was sleeping. He went over to him ,and poked him right in the eye. "Wake up!" He cried. "You will film. I will battle. That's the way we're gonna operate. And you better do things my way, or things will get messy...." Ricardo said.

Prof. Oak sighed. "This is gonna be tough....." He thought.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    Rhea watched as another boy showed up. He seemed rather energetic, and didn't mind talking with both Jessilyn or Professor Oak. He also looked younger than the other two boys who had already been around prior to Rhea's arrival. I do remember something about 12 to 14-year-old children being allowed on this show. He must be 12, from the looks of it. Rhea then noticed the Professor holding his hand out in her direction. Don't tell me... She gave Baron an uneasy look, and turned back to look at the boy. Who was now just a few feet away from her. Figures, Rhea thought, letting out a small sigh.

"Hi! I'm Flynn." He was now directly over Rhea, a hand reaching out to grab hers. Rhea got up, making sure not to accidentally bump heads with her partner. She was surprised to find him shorter than she was. He may be younger, but Rhea knew boys his age who were taller than she was. Even Nikolai was taller than her. She looked down at his outstretched hand, then indirectly at his face. His radiant smile caused her to blush a little. It wasn't too hard to make her blush. It's all right, he's gonna be my partner for the next...who knows how many days. I can do this. I can look at him and talk like a regular person... She slowly tilted her head so that she was now making eye contact. She gently grabbed his hand.

"I-I'm Rhea. R-Rhea M-Marino. I-it's a p-pleasure to meet y-you," she stuttered, moving her hand up and down slowly, her way of shaking. "A-and this is B-Baron. H-he's my Pokemon p-partner." She motioned towards the Roselia with her free hand, and Baron curtsied. "I-I c-can't w-wait to g-get to know y-you." She was afraid to let go of Flynn's hand, her face now a cherry red. Why did she have such a hard time talking to others like a normal person?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Flynn frowned as she stood up. His suspicions were true, she was indeed taller than he was. How lame. She was stuttering as she replied to him and kept shaking his hand, even past the usual two Mississippis that Flynn had learned was a normal handshake. Aw, and she had even opened her PokéBall too and checked out her Pokémon! Flynn only read from the letter that he had a Staryu and it knew a few moves, but he hadn't seen it. He didn't even know if it was a girl or a boy? Did starfish even have genders?

"You're taller than m--" Flynn started his whining but was interrupted by a noisy professor.

"Superb! Our second team is ready. This team is a Staryu and a Roselia, a fine combo," Professor Oak nodded and crossed his arms.

"Okay, okay, you stand there near them now, we'll get you on camera as you go after this lot!" Jessilyn gestured to the two boys standing behind an imaginary starting line. Flynn huffed and puffed out his cheeks. Bother, not only were they not starting first, but these two were taller than Flynn too! Hopefully this Staryu wasn't a colossal Pokémon, otherwise Flynn was sure he'd have to chop his head own off. "We'll see you at Viridian City, hopefully with loads of juicy footage. Now, get your Pokémon out and smile for the cameras!"

Flynn looked over at his new companion. She already had it out. No time like the present then. Flynn pulled out his own PokéBall from his pocket and pressed the button, releasing his new Pokémon. A red light emitted from it and on the ground appeared a starfish, just like the picture his dad had shown him looked like. It was brown and had a red gem. Water type too! Cool! And it was like two feet shorter than he was! Now who was boss, eh!?

"I guess I gotta give you a name..." Flynn frowned at it. He didn't know the gender at all. So it was a star? So uh, maybe... "How about Bright? No no, uh, Gu... Kami?" The star looked back at him. Flynn made a face. What was it thinking?! Was it planning on killing him or something? Aah, how creepy. What did Staryus do anyway? ... Spin? "Spiral! Your name is Spiral, okay!" Flynn sighed. Well, that was one thing. When were they going to start anyways?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    "Well, we might as well send these two out first. The only team with a girl in! Ladies should go first!"

"Alright then. Show them some girl power!" the professor said to Rhea in an attempt to sound young and cool. Andersen would have facepalmed if she didn't destroy her hair and make up if she had. "I hope you've gotten some food with you, but you'll get some money from us here, so you can buy whatever you need when you reach the next city." He handed Rhea and Flynn some money, and it wasn't just some money. It was quite a lot, actually. "The others will be given the money as they set off as well."

"Camera ready?" Andersen said over her shoulder and walked up standing next to Rhea and the short boy Flynn. The camera man made thumbs up. They were filming. "Players ready? You're about to start your very own pokémon adventure. Friendships and hardships with pokémon and humans alike are waiting for you. Your first task is to get through route 1 and reach Viridian City. We'll be going there on a helicopter and meet you there. Estimated time for you to reach the city is in the evening sometime. Catch some pokémon on the way, will you? And practice battling! You'll need it."

Professor Oak took a deep breath. He had sent many kids out into "Kanto Rewinded" before, but it was always the same feeling. Would they do well? Would they start arguing or become friends? He hoped the latter. It would prove his research true.

"Ready, set, go!" Jessilyn Andersen said.

Years
    Jack was resting peaceful dreaming of adventures to come, people he will meet, food that he might taste, but that was off topic he was thinking of the future for once. He sleep was interrupted though by a boy dressed in full black who decided to poke him and wake him up. Jack couldn't help but laugh when the guy said You will film. I will battle. That's the way we're gonna operate. And you better do things my way, or things will get messy...." Jack just laughed again when the words really began to sink in Me do all the hard work he must be joking Jack thought as he put his body into a more comfortable position before snickering "Crazy dude" addressing The boy in black.

The Professor couldn't help but chuckling either as he saw how Jack just laughed off the situation as if it was nothing. Despite the fact that Jack is lazy he was looking forward to starting off especially after seeing the first girl boy team leaving just moments later.

"And kid wake me up when we're ready to leave" Jack said as he shut his eyes and went to sleep again but woke up seconds later to tell the boy something "Yeah and i'm going to get you back for that poke in my eye" and then he was out cold once more.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The boy didn't even respond to Ricardo properly. He just laughed. Ricardo twitched, annoyed by the kid. He started to walk away when he heard the kid mutter "Crazy dude".

Ricardo's anger was fueled by this, but he bit his tongue. He didn't want another outburst in front of the camera. No, that wouldn't do.

The Professor chuckled at the kid. Ricardo turned towards him, and said, "Who the heck is this guy?" The Professor stopped chuckling, and replied, "Jack."

Then Ricardo thought, "Like I care." He rolled his eyes.

When he saw the girl and the boy team leave, he was angry. He wanted to be the first to leave.

"And kid wake me up when we're ready to leave" Jack said, and Ricardo shot back, "Who you callin' a kid, you rat?" He was still looking at the duo leave, but he was more angry now, due to the fact that Jack was giving him orders. He kept repeating "calmcalmcalmcalmcalm" in his mind.

"Wait. Did he just say 'Wake me up?'" Ricardo thought. He heard Jack say, "Yeah and i'm going to get you back for that poke in my eye", and he turned around and saw him sleeping.

Ricardo now lost it. This was a race, and he was sleeping?! Ricardo went up to him, and with all his power, punched Jack in the face.

"Wake UP! Are you an idiot?! This is a race, Mr. Egghead!"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ricardo went up to him, and with all his power, punched Jack in the face.

"Wake UP! Are you an idiot?! This is a race, Mr. Egghead!"

"Oh dear!" professor Oak said. "Boys..."

"Get closer!" Andersen called out to a cameraman. "Film this!" She looked genuinely excited to get some drama on tape. This might not be good for Ricardo's publicity... but Andersen seemed to think that it would make the show more interesting, if they showed this to the masses.

Professor Oak didn't think so. "Maybe we should change the couples around a little..."

"They must learn to live through hardships, must they not?" said Jessilyn Andersen and smiled. "Film them!"

The cameraman obeyed and pressed 'record'.

Years
    (OOC: Oh RHCP with her double post XD)

When Jack felt the punch all sort of things began running through his head but what he really wanted to do was get up and punch him back. Jack felt his cheek it was quickly becoming swollen. Jack jumped back up and returned a punch to Ricardo's face with the same force that he was hit with. Jack realised the cameras were closer now but he didn't care it was a matter of pride.

"It's a race but we cant go till the Prof. tells us to so why not rest" Jack shouted

He was just trying to give the reason behind why he was sleeping knowing it made no sense to tire out himself when it wasn't even time to go. Jack was ready to let out Femur and let him handle the situation since thats what pokemon trainers should do. But as Jack went for the pokeball Oak held his hand firmly and shuck his head signaling to Jack that this wasn't the place or time for such a battle.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    Rhea winced when she heard Jessilyn say that she was the only girl. The Professor's remark didn't exactly do her any good, either. Guess it can't be helped. She first stared at Baron, then at Flynn, and finally at "Spiral". Rhea had never seen a Staryu up close before, only behind glass at an aquarium she had once gone to. She wondered how good it would be in battle, if it would make a good combination with Baron. Baron was part Grass, right? And Spiral had to be at least Water. Rhea had a feeling they would make a decent team.

"I hope you've gotten some food with you, but you'll get some money from us here, so you can buy whatever you need when you reach the next city," the Professor said as he handed both Rhea and Flynn a load of cash. Rhea had never seen this much cash in front of her before, but what else would she expect for being on a well-known TV show? The Professor then made a remark about giving the others the same amount of cash as Rhea took off her pack and put her own earnings in a small pouch, which had some cash in it already, though not a whole lot. She put the bag back on her back and picked Baron up. She muttered something that sounded like "You ready, Baron?" if one listened really closely.

"Players ready? You're about to start your very own Pokemon adventure. Friendships and hardships with Pokemon and humans alike are waiting for you. Your first task is to get through Route 1 and reach Viridian City. We'll be going there on a helicopter and meet you there. Estimated time for you to reach the city is in the evening sometime. Catch some Pokemon on the way, will you? And practice battling! You'll need it." Jessilyn was staring at the camera, and Rhea was sure this had been caught on film. She wasn't too big on having to record everything along the way, but that was a part of the show, so whether Rhea liked it or not she'd have to be ready at any time. Nonetheless, it was time for her, Baron, Flynn, and Spiral to begin their journey together.

"Ready, set, go!" Rhea took no time to walk straight towards Route 1. It took her a few moments to realize that Flynn may or may not have expected her to do such. She turned around to make sure he was keeping up with her.

"F-forgive me, b-but I'm just r-really excited about this," she stuttered, a small blush forming on her cheeks. She felt a bit childish saying such a thing, but then she remembered that Flynn was probably younger than she was and wouldn't look into such a statement. After all, he'd probably be taller than me if he were my age, Rhea reminded herself. She started walking at a slower pace, keeping an eye out for any interesting Pokemon. At the same time, though, she wasn't sure how to catch a Pokemon. She didn't know if Flynn did, either. If he did, maybe she'd wait until he found a Pokemon and caught it so she could see how it was done. Rhea felt a bit foolish for not knowing; she had read about capturing Pokemon in a few books, she just didn't remember the details.

"U-um, if you don't mind, m-may I watch you capture a P-Pokemon? I d-don't know how to do it." She looked down at her feet. She hoped she wouldn't be too unreliable. I guess I better get my camera out. Her bag once again found its way on the ground, and the camera Rhea had received was soon out. She fiddled with the camera a bit, rotating it all over the place until she found the "Record" button. Should I start filming now, or should I wait for a Pokemon or trainer to come along? Rhea figured the TV crew wouldn't mind a whole bunch of footage with nothing on it since they could always edit it out, but what if she ran out of space? Might as well wait. She adjusted the strap on the camera so that she could wear it as a necklace. It wasn't too heavy, thankfully. Now to wait...

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Flynn followed closely behind Rhea as she set off, smiling a little as they set off. It was kind of profound really. The first steps into a new adventure and stuff. You know, the kind of thing you'd expect the movie voice over guy to say as the main character set off to go save the princess. It was kind of awesome. Rhea turned around though not long after they had started to walk. Flynn smiled back as she stuttered in his face.

"That is a funny stutter you have there. I'm excited too, okay? This is my first time out in the wild almost by my self," he cocked his head as she began to walk again. "I don't know how to catch a Pokémon, I've only ever watched my dad with his Pokémon. And my sister. Once." His dad had never caught another since Flynn was born as far as he could remember. Yeah, and Peyton had caught a Pidgey that wandered into town. Not terribly exciting, she didn't even have to weaken it. He shrugged. "All I know is you have to make it weak then throw a ball at it."

Flynn frowned again as she pulled out her camera. Wait, Flynn should get his out too. So that if the chance came up, he wouldn't miss anything. He pulled his out of his bag and studied it a little. It was identical to Rhea's. He mimicked her and pulled it around his neck. He didn't need it now of course, since she had offered for him to catch one first. He looked out towards Route 1. Great. Okay, so there were wild Pokémon out here.

"Where should we start looking?"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Sewaddle/Skymin -

As Rhea and Flynn eagerly entered Route 1 with their cameras ready, something crossed the road ahead of them. It was clearly a Spearow, and it was looking for something, it seemed. Probably a worm or insect on the ground. It walked and hopped on the ground, seemingly uninterested of the trainers who were approaching it. It looked rather self-confident and had a big, sharp beak. It didn't feel at all vulnerable about being down on the ground.

((OOC: Didn't somebody order a toasted Spearow? ))

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    (OOC: a joint post with Yagerbomb)

"Hello, I am Aaron Morrison. I understand I am travelling with you. We should get going. We can talk on the road." Aaron said, offering Rob a hand.

Robert put away his Pokédex and shook Aaron's hand. "Hi, Robert Walsh. I'm just as eager to start as you are so lets go." Robert had just enough time to introduce himself to Aaron before Professor Oak came over.

After a short discussion of what was expected from them the professor gestured for them to release their Pokémon and the cameras started to role. Rob took his Drowzee's ball from his belt and released the Pokémon, for a moment he remembered that he had yet to name his Drowzee but he couldn't
    really think of a name right now but resolved to do so just as soon as he could.

Aaron listened to Oak and his discussion about the journey and what lies ahead. After being gestured to release his Pokemon, Aaron sent out his Croagunk. Croagunk looked confused at all the commotion, so I calmed Croagunk down by saying we would be leaving soon. Aaron looked over to Robert, who had released his Drowzee and asked,

" Are you ready Robert?"

"Yes, let's get moving." Robert replied, looking at both his Drowzee and Aaron's Croagunk, he had to agree with the professor, they were both fine Pok
    émon.

" Well then, let's get going," Aaron invited, as he began walking to the north exit of Pallet Town, Robert following behind. Aaron saw the cameras following their departure. They reached the Town limits, and looked back at Pallet Town.

" This is where it begins," Aaron announced. He took a deep breath and took his first step onto Route 1.

Robert followed slightly behind him. "Your right, have you ever been on a journey like this before? Or owned a Pok
    émon?" Robbert asked Aaron.

The two talked for a little while as they continued down Route 1.

"Aaron, do you want to stop for a quick drink break?" Robert asked after roughly an hour of walking.

" Sure," Aaron replied, grabbing a water bottle from his bag. Aaron opened it up and began drinking the water. After having a good drink from the bottle, Aaron poured some water in to a dish and handed it to Croagunk. Croagunk quickly slurped up the water and Aaron put the bottle and dish in his bag.

Robert also stopped and took a swig of his water, he sat down on the ground next to his Drowzee and gave it a drink too. Before he stood up again, he took a moment to get his bearings, it wasn't difficult Route 1 seemed to be mostly fields anyway and quite open land so he could still see Pallet town in the distance, he wondered how much further it was to Virdian City and what they would find on the way. Aaron, Robert and their Pok
    émon set off once again northwards.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The kid got up and punched Ricardo back. Ricardo was going to beat him to a pulp when he saw Prof. Oak signal him not to proceed any more.

Ricardo calmed himself down. The boy spoke again, "It's a race but we cant go till the Prof. tells us to so why not rest"

"If I wait around for you, the others will reach the finish line, and will be celebrating by the time you finish your nap!" Ricardo yelled.

He then turned towards the Prof. and said, "So, Prof. Oak, can we leave now?"

The Prof. nodded, and then Ricardo said to the lazy kid, "Alright, NOW are you happy?"

The cameras focused on Ricardo and the kid, and then Ricardo took out his Pokeball.

"Now I can finally see my Pokemon....." He thought.

He tossed the Pokeball in the air, and in a flash of red and white, a Sneasel was released from the Pokeball.

"A Sneasal? AWESOME!" Ricardo yelled. "From now on, you're.....Blizzard!"

Blizzard immediately blew up a small snowstorm, and the cameramen started cheering.

Before the other kid could release his Pokemon, Ricardo dragged him towards Route 1. "Alright, see you later, cheerio!" He yelled, and soon they reached Route 1.

Ricardo handed his camera to Jack. "Here. I'm going to capture a Pokemon, and you will record it." Ricardo said. Then, with gritted teeth, he added, "Please?"

Ricardo looked around, and secretly wished for a Pidgey to appear.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Aah! Look!" Flynn thrust a finger towards the bird that walked across their path. A... nope, he didn't know. He pulled open his bag and grabbed the PokéDex he had received in that package he got when he got the rest of his stuff. He flicked it open and it automatically turned on, the Pokémon he was looking at now being shown on the small screen.

"Spearow, the Tiny Bird Pokémon," the text on the screen read. "It flaps its small wings busily to fly. Using its beak, it searches in grass for prey. Spearow have known to be territorial and have a bad temper."

"Sweet!" Flynn snapped the Dex shut, pulling off his bag and camera and fetching out his empty PokéBalls he had recieved. "Rhea, are you recording?! This will be totally awesome. Spiral, lets do this!" Wait, what moves did the Staryu have anyways? He flicked the Dex back open and checked stats. It said Staryu was in fantastic condition, that was excellent. And okay, okay moves! Here they were... Tackle, Harden and Water Gun. Okay, well Water Gun sounded the best.

"Water Gun!" Flynn shouted out. Spiral seemed to respond quite quickly, its gem in the center of its body glowing before a jet of water shot out of one of its 'arms' and forced the Spearow back a fair few meters. The Spearow got back up, screeching wildly and flapping its little wings. It looked mad and probably was, as it suddenly darted forward, its sharp beak pointed directly at Spiral. "Quick, dodge it!"

The Staryu spun out of the way, but not before the Spearow hit it on one of its 'arms'. Flynn looked down at his PokéDex. The Spearow had maybe... two thirds of health left, whilst Spiral had maybe three quarters. Flynn didn't want to faint his first Pokémon on his first go, he better get cracking.

"Water Gun it again!" Spiral obeyed, hitting the Spearow on the wing and pinning it to the ground. The Spearow managed to roll out of the spray but its wing was damanged and it could no longer get a good amount of height. Excellent, weakening it! "Okay, good, now tackle it!" The Spearow gave a deafening screech but Spiral spun forward, knocking the Spearow to the ground. Great! Okay, last move! Flynn threw the PokéBall directly at the Spearow, capturing it inside the ball. It wobbled a little. Aah, that's right! It had to be steady to be caught.

"Are you getting all this, Rhea?!" Flynn said to his partner as he watched the ball intently.

(OOC: this is how its done, right?)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: Indeed. And you don't have to wait for me to approve a capture. If you've asked for the pokémon and I've said yes, you may capture it in any way you wish.

Also, for Ricardo, you can find pokémon on your own as long as you've requested them in the OOC thread and I've said yes. Pidgey is ok.))

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    Before Rhea could comment on Flynn's remark about her stuttering, he had gone on to say what little he knew about capturing a Pokemon. Guess we really are in the same boat. That's good... She scanned the immediate area for wild Pokemon, but none could be seen. Maybe we'll be lucky, and we won't encounter any at all... But that thought was short-lived. A bird of some sort began walking across the direction they were going in...was it there before? Maybe it flew in, Rhea decided. Flynn had also noticed the bird (it wasn't hard to miss, really) and was pointing at it. Before Rhea had a chance to get out her Pokedex, Flynn already had his own. The Pokemon was "Spearow", and it was apparently bad-tempered. What luck, she gloomily thought.

"Rhea, are you recording?!" Flynn called out to her. Rhea nodded.

"R-right! Camera...on!" She lifted up the camera (it was kind of heavy, but nothing she couldn't manage) and began to film the action. Flynn started off by having his Staryu Water Gun the Spearow. Not a bad move, Rhea thought. She'd comment on what she was experiencing aloud, but she was unsure if the show would want that. She hadn't seen any episodes either, so she had no references.

The Spearow, now angered, attacked Staryu. Flynn had ordered it to dodge, but not before the Spearow managed to hit it on its side. However, Staryu didn't seem like a Pokemon that would be taken down so easily, and Rhea was right. Flynn commanded another Water Gun, followed up by a Tackle seeing how the Spearow had barely been hit that time. Finally, Flynn threw a Poke Ball at the weakened bird, and Rhea zoomed in on the ball as it shook back and forth. So this is how you capture a Pokemon... How exciting! She smiled a little.

"Are you getting all this, Rhea?!" Flynn's voice caught Rhea off-guard. She accidentally began shaking the camera a bit, but not before it had caught the ball stopping, a sign that Spearow had been caught.

"I-I've caught it all!" she said with a sigh of relief. There was a part of her that wanted to rewind and go through the footage to see if she really had gotten everything, but she was afraid that she'd accidentally record over said footage with something not as interesting. She turned to Flynn.

"G-good job. I wonder if I'll do as well as you..." She began scanning her surroundings again. Would she be able to get the same chance as her partner?

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    In the road ahead of Robert was a boy around his age, presumable another trainer. As the boy approached he spotted Robert's Drowzee and began to run over faster.

"Hi, I'm Dylan." The boy began, "I'm a Pokémon trainer, I assumed you were too."

"I'm Robert it's nice to meet you, yes but I'm only a beginner." Robert replied.

"Me too," the Dylan yelled gleefully, "that's a nice looking Drowzee there, you want a battle?"

Robert had never had a Pokémon battle before but he was eager to have one, if he had the chance he would have had one before he left the lab. "Sure." Robert answered, then turned to Aaron "Record this for me Aaron."

"Go Phanpy," Dylan released his Pokémon, " I only have one Pokémon, are you the same?"

Robert nodded, then he glanced at his Drowzee, "Go." He shouted, trying his best to sound confident but not bossy. His Drowzee ran out in front of Robert and stood facing the Phanphy.

Not knowing anything about Phanpy yet Robert pulled out his Pokédex and pointed it at the Pokémon. "Phanphy, the long nose Pokémon, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]It is strong despite its compact size. It can easily pick up and carry an adult human on its back." The Pokédex said in its electronic voice. Robert also noted that it was a Ground type.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Dylan was the first to make a move. "Phanphy use tackle." The Phanphy ran to tackle Drowzee.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Robert quickly recalled the moves he knew Drowzee knew. "Drowzee use pound." The two Pokémon clashed half way between Robert and Dylan, Phanphy hit first ramming into Drowzee, who retaliated by lashing out with its short arms. Both Pokémon were hurt by the scuffle but the Phanphy seemed to have come off better.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Phanphy defence curl." Dylan order his Pokémon next, it rolled its self into a ball.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Drowzee use hypnosis." Robert yelled, Drowzee began to wave it's arms and tried to put Phanphy to sleep but it didn't work.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Use tackle again." The Phanphy began to charge at Drowzee.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Try using confusion." Drowzee attempted to avoid Phanphy's attack but failed and then used confusion. The Phanphy was slightly disorientated for a second and clearly quite hurt by the attack. But then so was Drowzee, this battle needed finishing quickly. "Let's end this, Drowzee use confusion." Drowzee used confusion before Phanphy was able to regain it's bearings and knocked Phanhpy out.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Robert walked over to Dylan who returned his Phanphy to it's Pokéball "Good battle." he said and offered Dylan a hand shake. The trainers shook hand and said their goodbyes before continuing on their way.[/FONT]

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Yes!" Flynn punched his fist through the air. "I caught the first Pokémon, yeah!" He quickly shoved the rest of his gear back into his bag, save for his PokéDex and camera, ran over to his newly caught ball and picked it up. He couldn't see much from the outside, but after a quick scan over his PokéDex, he could see it was definitely a Spearow. A female one at that, who knew two moves; Peck and Growl. How awesome! He released it onto the ground. It stared back up at him, holding it's left wing down slightly. Aw, it was hurt a little from the battle, though at least it wasn't as aggravated anymore! He picked it up, the same way he had seen his sister pick up a Pidgey; using his forearm, he pushed it (or her, wasn't it?) onto his arm. She gave a small squark.

"Look, Rhea!" Flynn turned towards the camera, beaming brightly. "Uh, you need a name. Okay, uh, Dr... no, uh, Helix! How about Helix? Spiral and Helix, what a cool team!" Flynn faced the camera and gave a big thumbs up with his free hand. "Spiral and Helix!"

"We have to find you a Pokémon now, Rhea, since you only have one and I have two. So we can win!" Flynn moved Helix to his shoulder and held his own camera in his fingers. It didn't look that hard to use. Red record button. Seemed simple enough!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pallet Town

The camera crew panicked. The boy Jack had been running back to them shortly after the race had begun. He disliked being with his teammate so much that he decided to quit the race. No one could make him change his mind. And so, he quit.

"Aaaaaaaah! We can't have people quitting!" Jessilyn Andersen yelled out. "This is the most popular show nowadays!"

Professor Oak smiled.

"How can you be so calm?" Andersen asked him angrily.

"I've got some reserves," he said, simply.

"Oh..."

---

And that was how Horatio Lance got to join Kanto Rewinded. He was quickly located and transported to Pallet Town.

"Now," the professor told him on the starting line. "Your partner, Ricardo, is out there on route 1. You must go and find him. This is the first of your challenges! Now, off you go!"

The camera rolled as Horatio let Cubone out and took his first steps out onto Route 1 to find Ricardo and Sneasel.

((OOC: Just begin with being on route 1 alone, Nocturnal.))

Back