• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Truthfully, I've never played through a gold or silver game to get to kanto :P

But I hope they make it so all badges, and elite four are available.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    yer i think there changing story to much its ment to remake not change

We can't really say they are changing the storyline of it all, because we don't have any information on the plot of the game right now. Seeing some early shots really cannot determine that at this point, but it does seem they've added in new features. This doesn't mean anything has been changed completely from the original plot from the old Gold and Silver.

I hope they add the Sevii Islands to Kanto, as well as actually open up the Safari Zone, which was planned in the beginning. Maybe to make it consistent with the old games, the Safari Zone could be closed until completing the Sevii Islands (with an all-new set of mini-quests?), and then the Warden could come back and reopen it. I just hope there's more to do in Kanto than last time. It extended the game's story's length, sure, but most of the stuff there was pretty boring, with a lot of the old "exploring" areas (Seafoam Islands, Power Plant, Cerulean Cave, Pokemon Tower... and more) removed completely or shrunk down a lot. I doubt they'd change some of that stuff if we judge on what they did in FrLg, but it is possible that they could reopen some "closed" areas after a certain amount of time. Hopefully =P

Yes, even though Kanto was part of the originals, it was still shrunk to a very low standard for the game. Levels were completely low, and it didn't seem to actualyl stay with the 3 year difference as Gyms and Elites are not supposed to get lower. Anyway, adding in the Sevii Islands to Kanto will be a great benefit and can add in a lot more. With the extra space, the new graphics, features and changes Pokémon has made through the years, it is very possible anything can happen now. With FRLG, they stuck a lot to the original, but they may have some difference to that this time, we'll see. I would only hope to see the other parts of Kanto opened back up and return to its glory days we all once shared.

Truthfully, I've never played through a gold or silver game to get to kanto :P

But I hope they make it so all badges, and elite four are available.

If by all badges, I'm assuming you would mean the eight Johto Badges and the eight Kanto Badges. If so, then I'm pretty sure it'll be so seeing as Kanto was a major part of Gold and Silver and made it what it became known as today. Though, adding in all four region badges would be too much, and I doubt anything like that might happen.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    I liked Kanto the way it was. (But I think you're all forgetting that the Safari Zone was in Generation ll it just couldn't be accessed with out a cheat code XD)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • They will probably add gen IV to the remake of Gen III, if there is one. But all four regions would be too much data. The partner following you, basically, all the added features would be no more. There just wouldn't be enough room on the chip. And there might not have been enough data for all four regions.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I know it was in there, but iirc there wasn't anything to do in there since it wasn't programmed yet. Access to it was removed when the developers learned that players found out about Glitch City in RBYG and how it could possibly permanently stick your game in a glitch world if you didn't have Fly, and they didn't want that to happen in GSC. But now that isn't a problem (since you can't save in the Safari Zone... which it would have made more sense to do in GSC but maybe they couldn't code it to remove that option in a certain area, idk), so it's definitely a possibility that it could be available. I wonder what they'd put in there though. Maybe Chansey was originally supposed to be in there but since they removed the Safari Zone, they just stuck it in the route next to it lol.

MikeSalZap

Lord of the Mirror
    Years
  • yeah we need more gyms the 16 ...
    but i dinint like the thing that you can make them in any orther the kanto ones is like lame that ...
    or isint????

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I know it was in there, but iirc there wasn't anything to do in there since it wasn't programmed yet. Access to it was removed when the developers learned that players found out about Glitch City in RBYG and how it could possibly permanently stick your game in a glitch world if you didn't have Fly, and they didn't want that to happen in GSC. But now that isn't a problem (since you can't save in the Safari Zone... which it would have made more sense to do in GSC but maybe they couldn't code it to remove that option in a certain area, idk), so it's definitely a possibility that it could be available. I wonder what they'd put in there though. Maybe Chansey was originally supposed to be in there but since they removed the Safari Zone, they just stuck it in the route next to it lol.

If the Safari Zone is said to be brought back, which would definitely be a plus for Kanto, then I'd expect smoe changes. A new look for sure might be added to it, and as for the Pokémon, I'd say they'll possibly allow some of the newer Generation Pokémon. The Glitch City problem, I would be sure could have been removed now as they've changed the way things have occured and it's definitely something I don't expect happening back in Kanto. As for the possibilities on what could be found in the Safar Zone, if newer Generation Pokémon were to be added, I'd say things such as Croagunk, Carnivine, and even some from the Hoenn as well, like possibly Azurill. Nonetheless, I'd like to see this reopened, and with the Sevii Islands, I can see it happening perhaps.

yeah we need more gyms the 16 ...
    but i dinint like the thing that you can make them in any orther the kanto ones is like lame that ...
    or isint????

More than 16 Gyms? Is that what you are referring to? I'm sorry but it's hard to tell the way you typed this out. Anyway, I think 16 would be fine enough, as no other Gym would be needed or added. Also, the only reason why the gyms were out of order is because of where we landed from the SS Anne in Vermilion City. Though, this can change if they redirect us to go in proper order from the start after meeting Prof. Oak perhaps.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I was just explaining why it was removed in GSC, i know Glitch City wouldn't be a problem anymore =P. Yeah I suppose they could put other-gen Pokemon in there since it's so late in the game... but I'd prefer it if they didn't have as many Pokemon from other gens catchable and concentrated more on the Johto and Kanto Pokemon, especially since you can trade with DPPt. But I suppose it's better to have Sinnoh/Hoenn/etc Pokemon rather than no Safari Zone =P

and 16 gyms not being enough? That's more than any other Pokemon game. I'd say that's plenty. And I don't really see a need to put them in the "original" order, but maybe fix the levels so that they increase from the first (from the story) to the last. Like start Surge at 60s and Blue ends up in like 80s or something, so you actually have to keep levelling. And it might be nice if the wild Pokemon were like the Sevii Islands that some were very high (to allow you to train) and some were very low to make it like the levels the old games had.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    yeah we need more gyms the 16 ...
    or isint????
    I actually liked the fact that you could challenge the Kanto Gyms in any order you wanted to, and you had the freedom to travel through Kanto by whatever path you chose, rather than being limited to one path, like the main adventure. There were no limits, and that was one of the greatest features of Kanto.

I hope I'm not the only one who liked that feature. :p

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • Hokay. As i said b4, there actually is a chance that the kanto region WON'T be put in. In the SGC they could just get the map from RGB and stick it and take bits and change them, while in HGSS they'll have to do the whole kanto map in the DS's 3d format, meaning it would b twice the work 4 mappers. But the plus side is that if mappers DO do kanto, then there is a high chance that they would add more depth to it for the other people working on the project 2 balance it out. so these r the things i want 2 c...
    -the 8 kanto badges r recorded on ur trainer card, not just telling u uv got 16 badges like SGC
    -being able 2 get 1 of the 1st series starters when u get 2 pallet town
    -a few more areas 2 explore through sinnoh hms (eg somebody said using rockclimb 2 go 2 areas)
    i cant think of anything else now...

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Tougher E4 after you get all 16 badges would be good, the E4 in G/S will sooo easy. Tougher gym leaders would be good also.

I'd like it to stay the same really, maybe revamp some maps like Viridian Forest.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I'm not sure it's going to happen, mostly because of the cash. I mean.. think about it.. would they make two game with the two regions? and get a bit of cash, or make two game with johto region and the other with kanto.

and if they haven't thought of this already, I hope they wont read it! :P

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I think Kanto has to be in it. If its a re-make I don't think they'd take out one of the biggest parts of the game. I think they should stick with Kanto being in it and add a plot and more excitment to it and they will be alright. A bigger Johto would be pretty sweet as well. Or more things to do, because the region seemed kind of small b ut I really liked it. Maybe a revamp of some of the parts to expand them would help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    one of the things that pop up in my mind is that the touch screen also gets something to control your character instead of using the directional -A/B/X/Y buttons

caus now in battle you can touch the attacks or whatever you want but when running around you need to put the stylus away and start hitting the DS' buttons

oh, and a feature for the DSi:
    Saving your adventure log on the memory card or something (to get a more detailed and all-time log)
    or maybe extending this ability to the normal DS where you send your log to the wii and save it there (like making a new wii chanel like they made pkmn farm)

mentioning this 'saving on the DSi's mem card' makes me think of more stuff that could use this:
    saving recorded battles
    new box backgrounds

ghehe, have fun!

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • I actually liked the fact that you could challenge the Kanto Gyms in any order you wanted to, and you had the freedom to travel through Kanto by whatever path you chose, rather than being limited to one path, like the main adventure. There were no limits, and that was one of the greatest features of Kanto.

You're definitely not the only person who loved that feature, that is one thing i hope comes with Kanto. Of course i would like to see Kanto expanded and quite possibly some side quests to do well in Kanto aside from Gym leaders etc.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I actually liked the fact that you could challenge the Kanto Gyms in any order you wanted to, and you had the freedom to travel through Kanto by whatever path you chose, rather than being limited to one path, like the main adventure. There were no limits, and that was one of the greatest features of Kanto.

If they limit us on where to go, then so be it as I won't be mind. Though having the free will to travel anywhere would be great too as it gives us a chance at freedom and is more realistic. In real life, we don't always follow a pattern, and the games should expand that idea some more. Anyway, this doesn't bother me too much, but I agree it'll still be a plus for the Kanto region.

You're definitely not the only person who loved that feature, that is one thing i hope comes with Kanto. Of course i would like to see Kanto expanded and quite possibly some side quests to do well in Kanto aside from Gym leaders etc.

I too would like to see Kanto expanded and not brought down in size like they did before. It honestly didn't make sense for them doing that as it has been three years after the journey in Kanto and usually a large region like it doesn't decrease. Aside from the gyms, I too would like for some additional side quests. Maybe, instead of being given teh Silver Wing so easily, they can add a small plot around it jsut for the extra emphasis on it and additional fun for us [almost all of us]. I think a contest hall in Kanto and one in Johto will be nice as well. Making it go Wi-Fi will be a plus, even though it isn't likely they'll do it, but still a nice touch is so.

There are basically a lot of ideas that can be implemented into Kanto and the ideas are endless, not to mention the possibilities as well. I just hope they make something out of it really and make it live up to being the Kanto it is known to be by almost all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2009
    No, I completely agree, kanto was half of the adventure. It gave for that awesome feeling of nostalgia and being able to catch more first gens was great I really hope they keep and re-vamp kanto and its adventures.

Years
  • No, I completely agree, kanto was half of the adventure. It gave for that awesome feeling of nostalgia and being able to catch more first gens was great I really hope they keep and re-vamp kanto and its adventures.

I really can't imagine them not keeping it. The game would be too short without it, even if they did change the story. And besides, not having to migrate from FRLG due to Kanto pokemon being available on a DS cart would be a whole lot easier and you don't have to sacrifice pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back