• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ketchup Chips

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Caption Fabio, obviously if you're surrounded by something that people adore and is made by a very popular and famous brand, you'd naturally assume that the flavour would be available everywhere, or that the product is everywhere.

Especially food. I can imagine there are flavours of unknown brands that are around that I don't know about, but I assumed that such a wide-known brand had its flavours dispatched in every country. It's a perfectly normal assumption, and obviously if someone tells you that they haven't even heard of the FLAVOUR (not just the brand's flavour of it, but the actual general flavour in itself), you'll want to investigate and see if it's just that person, or if it's on a national scale.

Around here, ketchup chips are well-known. The US being our neighbour not too far away, I'd have assumed that it'd be there, too.

See? Normal assumption. No one's an idiot here.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't understand tomato ketchup crisps. In all honesty, I can't say I understand crisps at all, they're mostly based on... well, simply anything that a potato is not. Cheese & onion is a classic sandwich filling, after all, so why not just eat the real thing?... I can't say I'm fond of that cold wet texture between two sheets of aerated flour either, but it seems rather depressing as much as it is beneficial on terms of convenience for human society to substitute for every minor preference.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • Let me just say that ketchup chips don't actually taste like ketchup with chips...
    I tried putting ketchup on regular flavoured chips once, and it tasted foul.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What in the world is that? I have never seen it, I don't want to try it, and if I ever see it on any grocery store shelf in this state, I think I'll drop dead.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Let me just say that ketchup chips don't actually taste like ketchup with chips...
    I tried putting ketchup on regular flavoured chips once, and it tasted foul.

You tried that XD omg bravo for being brave. That must've tasted nastyyy

Ketchup Chips are sweeter and the flavour isn't really concentrated; I've gotten some that don't even taste like ketchup chips :P not enough powder on it.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Yeah, they're the same. For some reason they're Walkers over here, even though the company is Lays.

What, are the English trying to get people to walk now? ...ya know, instead of laying?
    Sorry, I just had to say that. xP These chip flavors sound pretty interesting though; I'd try them if I could. Never heard of any of them till now.

here's a pic of some of them they made:
    Spoiler:

...Those are some random flavors. xD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Ketchup flavored chips are my favorite snack! And Lays is my favorite brand. I buy 4 packs per week. :)

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • I've tried ketchup-flavoured chips, but they weren't amazing. I can't remember the brand now, but I think it was a Washington State-only brand. I'm not too sure =/ It was old-fashioned and such. A quick search on Google and I found a brand with a package that looks like the one I got them from; it may have been Tim's...

Anyway, I've actually tried ketchup on potato chips - but only old-fashioned kettle chips. Nothing like Lays or Pringles or anything like that. I like that better than the ketchup flavored chips.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • I used to love Ketchup flavoured crisps! Also Walkers are doing a competition where there is loads of flavours of new crisps and people have to vote to see which country has the best flavour. Flavours include; Flame grilled steak, Scottish Haggis, Welsh rarebit, Japanese Teriyaki Chicken, South African Sweet chutney, Brazilian Salsa, Spanish Chicken Paella, Dutch Edam Cheese, American Cheeseburger, Australian BBQ Kangaroo, Italian spaghetti bolognese, German bratwurst sausage, French garlic bread, Irish Stew and English roast beef & yorkshire pudding. Some VERY weird flavours of crisps there haha. Personal highlight of weirdness for me goes to Australian BBQ Kangaroo! Kangaroo... People actually eat that? lol Also does anyone remember the Pizza flavoured Doritos that were out? Do they still sell them anywhere?

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • .... Ketchup flavored chips...? o.O Wow, never heard of 'em. They don't sound too good either but hey, maybe they are..? I myself like the Dorito's Blazin' Buffalo and Ranch kind but really... They actually have ketchup flavored chips? Wowww, I wonder why I've never heard of them...

Years
  • Are you serious?! Man ketchup chips are so good, I just figured everyone had them. You guys are missing out on a lot. Omg pizza flavoured pringles were so good. I guess canadians like putting weird stuff on our chips.

Lol@the person putting actual ketchup on chips. xD

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
  • Nobody mentioned CRAB FLAVORED CHIPS yet?

Ketchup Chips

It's popular here in Maryland of course, Chesapeake Bay crabs and what not. Crab seasoning is also epic on pizza!

Back