• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ketchup Chips

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    What about shrimp flavored chips?

Spoiler:

They look like french fries but taste like shrimp. YUM.

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
    Seaweed Flavor! Did I win yet? :P

Ketchup Chips

I've had something like these, they aren't bad, but they're very,very salty. After about three or four, it felt like my lips were going to turn to dust and fall off.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I had like no idea people didn't know what Ketchup Chips were. OhmyGod. Everyone who doesn't know what that are/hasn't had them, is missing out big time. xD

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well for the longest time there have been differences with names regarding fried Potatoes. You have England and some of Australia which calls Potato Chips "Crisps", and Americans use the aformentioned term "Potato Chips". Then with French Fries, some people in England call them "Chips" (which I find rather confusing). But it seems that with most important/popular things, it has several names.

So not only are there bound to be differences in names, but also preparations. To answer your question: No, I've never heard of them, but that may be because I'm not a fan of flavored Potato chips (Only classic for me ;)). But it sounds interesting. My guess is that they are more popular wherever you are.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I've searched it a bit and apparently, Canadians love ketchup XD thus, the Ketchup Chip!

but it still appalls me that Americans haven't seen it. They're like, right under us :s

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Well for the longest time there have been differences with names regarding fried Potatoes. You have England and some of Australia which calls Potato Chips "Crisps", and Americans use the aformentioned term "Potato Chips". Then with French Fries, some people in England call them "Chips" (which I find rather confusing). But it seems that with most important/popular things, it has several names.

So not only are there bound to be differences in names, but also preparations. To answer your question: No, I've never heard of them, but that may be because I'm not a fan of flavored Potato chips (Only classic for me ;)). But it sounds interesting. My guess is that they are more popular wherever you are.

Colloquially, we call pretty much anything involving fried potatoes "chips". xD

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    We've had Ketchup Crisps over here in England before, but only really as limited editions.
    Even though I'm not the greatest fan of anything other than ready salted (or salt & shake, cause it's awesome XD), I tried a couple of those ones they did for the competition though. I was looking forward to the Hoi Sin Duck (or what ever it was), but it was disgusting.
    I haven't tried the new competition ones yet, but some of them sound quite nice. Spag Bol, BBQ Kangaroo I'm looking at you.

What about shrimp flavored chips?

Spoiler:

They look like french fries but taste like shrimp. YUM.

Isn't that just... Prawn Cocktail flavour? Hardly exotic.

...unless you don't have prawn cocktail crisps in America. That's madness.

Billy Mays Barbeque Sauce

Hey Zeltallica!
    Years
    We've had Ketchup Crisps over here in England before, but only really as limited editions.
    Even though I'm not the greatest fan of anything other than ready salted (or salt & shake, cause it's awesome XD), I tried a couple of those ones they did for the competition though. I was looking forward to the Hoi Sin Duck (or what ever it was), but it was disgusting.
    I haven't tried the new competition ones yet, but some of them sound quite nice. Spag Bol, BBQ Kangaroo I'm looking at you.

Isn't that just... Prawn Cocktail flavour? Hardly exotic.

...unless you don't have prawn cocktail crisps in America. That's madness.

I'm afraid we don't. We're not big on different regions' chip flavors. Ketchup is the most well-known exotic flavor we have.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Ketchup chips. Mmm...Sweet and tangy. They taste better than ketchup! :P
    Actually, this stuff appears randomly here and there in the US. I know for certain that Philly often have Ketchup chips scattered around the city. I haven't seen salt and pepper flavored chips in a while though, not since middle school.

Back