• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kids these days...

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    "ZOMG LOL BFF U R LIEK, SO TOTALLY KEWL!!! I LOVE YOU <333333333 LKOOZKOAJUSDGTYFDSVYTWVDCYTWCDYTWGCDgCVGYCDTWDWYTCD RANDOM LETERZ...OH I GOTZ TO GOEZ SE YA L8ER!!!!11!"

...are exposed to too much adult related stuff & txting. Oh? And did I mention that the fact that 30/100 kids
    in the U.S. are obese? And kids are getting exposed to weapons and violence, sex, ect. on TV? And addictions to stuff?

tl;dr kids in this generation are not going to become very good at stuff.

EDIT: Did I forget to mention bullying???

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    tl;dr kids in this generation are not going to become very good at stuff.

..the irony.

Yes, kids these days are doomed. I feel sorry for them.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Think about what things were like 50-100 years ago. People said the same thing about later generations.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    This generation is pretty terrible. From a Christian perspective, it's actually sickening. So much immorality, and no one cares.

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
    Every generation looks down upon the next generation. If I went to my grandpa he'd curse everybody after him because of their rock music, pot, sex, etc.

I do agree for the most part though. I've never sent one text in my life, and haven't even owned a cell phone. I see the use of one but never really saw a point in me getting one.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I been noticing that. I seen eight to twelve year olds with cellphones now. It is insane! When I was ten I didn't have that. And they got iPod Touch and all that stuff. And it seems some of this generation as gotten lazy as well. Childhood obesity is on the rise. But something is done with that. Hopefully it will get it under control.

I swear this generation has changed.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I disagree, young people get such a hard time. In the UK, young people are portrayed by the media as hoodie-wearing, uneducated, knife-carrying thugs. We don't really give young people a chance, except of course when it comes to exam time. Then the younger folks all study very hard and get good grades. But what will you find on TV and in newspapers just after exams is a load of condascending journalists and reporters who say "Oh but exams are getting easier". Yes, exams are slightly easier than the days where your exams consisted of slaying a dragon, but did it never cross your mind that in the information age, perhaps kids are a little smarter than you were at the time? This is what it boils down to. People condemn and stereotype the youth because the youth of today are more knowledgable of the world and it scares some older members of society.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    Every generation brings new worries. While I don't like what this generation is bringing, we managed to survive so far, so if not everything goes our way, it might not be the end of the world.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I see 12-year-olds wearing thongs, 8-year-olds with cellphones, and 4-year-olds singing about sex, ****s, and killing people.

I would dub this generation to be the beginning of the end of society :| It's just going to keep getting worse from here on in.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Eww, you're all turning into grumpy old people. Ewwwwwww...

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Hate to break it to you, but Jolene is right.

Sure, kids are becoming worse. A lot of them have no respect. But I ask you: Why are you winging about it? Really, what's it going to do? Kids do kid things, and really everything that's been mentioned in this thread is a stereotype. A lot of kids are good, a few of my friends, for example. They're respectful, smart, well-educated and incredibly honest. Then you have those knife-weilding kids, druggies and alcoholics all before the age of 16. Don't call them names, and don't call them pathetic. If you do, you're no better than them. Every generation has screwed up people in it, always has. No generation is perfect. Live with it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Well I am young myself, but I have been brought up to be respectful, kind and well mannered; actually i consider myslef as lucky. But actually really is Gen Y doomed? It isn't our fault, what time do poeple promote things such as sex,drugs and violence on TV. Too early, escpecially considering that only young children will be watching TV at 7.00 +.
    Kids learn from experiences, and other people. Mostly thier parents and the people who they are most exposed to; family and friends. Not to boast, but I am a Gen Y kid and I am one of the brightest students. I strive to be the best and with a positive spirit can rub off on people.
    School often try thier best to help the troubled youth, but some people will not cope while others will. But the ones we must repect are the people who are coping, and are willing to help others.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    If society is doomed, this'll only be one factor. Not to mention people have been saying "the new generation sucks" for most of the 20th and 21st centuries.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I would dub this generation to be the beginning of the end of society :| It's just going to keep getting worse from here on in.

Wow. Go the negativity. You made it kind of sound like the worlds going to end or something.

Every generation has kids that are a bit screwed in the head. Every gen. also has a bunch of good kids. That includes this gen.
    If you people are so worried, just make sure you raise your kid right, because probably half of those screwed up people, have abusive families (emotionally and physically), are exposed to violent/sexual movies, grow up with drugs, or disrespectful parents etc. But, theres still a whole load of kids who are just being kids.

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
    Years
    Yeah I been noticing that. I seen eight to twelve year olds with cellphones now. It is insane! When I was ten I didn't have that. And they got iPod Touch and all that stuff. And it seems some of this generation as gotten lazy as well. Childhood obesity is on the rise. But something is done with that. Hopefully it will get it under control.

I swear this generation has changed.

My recently-turned 12 year old nephew has a $400 cell phone on a $70 a month plan.
    A 32 gig Ipod Touch, a PS3 and roughly 30 games.
    And because recently I got a moderately small LCD for my bedroom (small as in 19")
    He goes to his Mum (my sister) "I WANT A TV FOR MY ROOM, CAN I GET ONE? HOW MUCH WAS IT DANDAN?" and I swear if he kept at it he would be blasting off just like Team Rocket always does >_>

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    What is with the negativity everyone, it sounds like most people have already given up. It is not over yet.

- I sound like it is a game, but it's not. However, if it was then lets just say we wouldn't be winning.

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    My recently-turned 12 year old nephew has a $400 cell phone on a $70 a month plan.
    A 32 gig Ipod Touch, a PS3 and roughly 30 games.
    And because recently I got a moderately small LCD for my bedroom (small as in 19")
    He goes to his Mum (my sister) "I WANT A TV FOR MY ROOM, CAN I GET ONE? HOW MUCH WAS IT DANDAN?" and I swear if he kept at it he would be blasting off just like Team Rocket always does >_>
    And that makes him any less of a person, how? Really, what the hell. Why are you basing who people are off of their possessions? Because someone owns a crapload of things, does that define who he or she is? Really?

Years

^ The only post in this thread I actually like.
    Most of you that are commenting on this are only kids yourselves.
    What right do you have to social commentary?

As far as fat kids go, thats the parents fault more than anything. Put your damn kids on a diet and make them play some actual sport instead of wii sport. Its not hard. Physical activity never really did any permanent damage to anyone.

The rest of it makes no difference to anyone else surely, what people do, regardless of their age is more or less personal choice.
    Ive said it before, and Ill say it again.
    The only difference between them and you is, they dont care what you do.
    You can sit around and preach morality and "good behaviour" all day, and they'll sit there and listen.
    As far as anything they might have to say to you though, completely shut off.
    Narrow mindedness is, in my opinion, whats killing society. Not a handful of kids in every city doing as they please.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Oh, you did not just go there. :x

You're actually telling us what we have the right and what we don't have the right to do? What, because you're 21 you have the right to tell other people that are younger than you what to do? No, you do not. Get lost.

Last edited:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years

Hey, hey, hey, WHAT THE HELL MAN? We have all the right seeing as we make up the future. Just cause you're a big 21 year old boy now and you have a shiny car doesn't mean you have the right to diss us. What makes you so much better than childeren. It is so funny that your childeren are gonna choose your retirement home.

Back