• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kill la Kill

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • p5XREED.png

Synopsis

Episodes: 24
    Genres: Action, Comedy, School

Kill la Kill is set at Honnouji Academy, a fictional high school that is dominated by its fearsome student council, led by Satsuki Kiryuuin. The council members wear Goku Uniforms that grant them superhuman abilities, which they use to oppress the rest of the school's students and staff. Ryuko Matoi, a student wielding half of a scissor-shaped sword, transfers to Honnouji Academy in search of the owner of the other half of the scissor blade, the person who killed her father. Defeated by the council after interrogating Satsuki over the killer's identity and whereabouts, Ryuko comes across a sentient sailor uniform she names Senketsu. Using Senketsu's special abilities, Ryuko stands up against Satsuki and her henchmen to liberate Honnouji Academy from their iron grip and find out the truth behind her father's murder.

More information: myanimelist

Years
  • This anime is the most ridiculous series I have ever come across XD To be honest, I've only managed to watch the first episode and all the dramatic-ness, especially those costumes, were too much to handle. But I've heard it's gotten quite the attention since it aired.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Kill la Kill has got its own thread? =D
    Wow =D

Okay... when I saw first episode I thought... "What in the f*cking crap is this sh*t"... and now I'm seriously looking forward to each new episode =D
    For something so Trigger like, it has too much of symbolism =D

WAREWARE WA NUUUUUUUUDISUTOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHI best scene =D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuudiiiiiisstoooo Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeacccccccccccccchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

^ awesome scene, yes haha. Love Aikuro. Such a hilarious guy lmao.

Anyway, as is probably evident, I just LOVE the series. I know it isn't exactly the perfect anime which deserves high praise when looked at from a critic's perspective, perhaps, but I enjoy the hell out of it and don't care about anything else :p Last few episodes have been amazing. I did ~sorta~ get bored during episode 14 and a half of episode 15 but those two are the only occassions this series has ever bored me. All the other episodes I've enjoyed immensely. :3 Mako is life. Nui is kawaii loli predator. Ragyo is fabulous. Sasuga Trigger.

Also, the character designs are amazing. <3; I love the designs for the elite four. Sanageyama and Nonon look great, especially. Nonon has that amazing voice too, lmfao. NANI SOREI?!? lmao

TwilightBlade

Years
  • For 4 months, I avoided watching this anime because I thought it was about girls in skimpy combat uniforms just duking it out for fanservice reasons. Seeing screenshots of Harime didn't help either as I again thought it was all for fanservice (could her character be any more opposite of sweet lolita?!). Then, a few days ago, Sakazuki said that clothing and nudity are themes. Huh, I decided to give it a try.

Within 3 episodes, I was hooked. I then marathoned it and caught myself up to episode 17. I quite like the introductions and battles of the Elite 4. My favorite is Sanageyama, who had a great turnaround after losing to Ryuko the first time. He looks better with the blindfold anyway.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • I love Kill la Kill! One of my favourite animes, though I don't want to pass judgement until it finishes.

I love Uzu <3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Then, a few days ago, Sakazuki said that clothing and nudity are themes. Huh, I decided to give it a try.
    Of course, because we have NUDIST BEACH terrorist group =D
    But you are right, Blade... if you look at it only on the surface, you will see a fanservice, you need to go deeper to see the symbolism Kill la Kill works with =)

I love Kill la Kill! One of my favourite animes, though I don't want to pass judgement until it finishes.
    People should seriously stop using this...
    Anime do not have a plural version... animes is absolutely ugly o.O

TwilightBlade

Years
  • Episode 18 was out of this world phenomenal.

Spoiler:

derozio

Years
  • Agreed. The show is on a high right now. Hope it ends on a high note and doesn't disappoint. <3

Episode 18
    Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Episode 18
    Spoiler:
    You wanna rape your imouto? o.O

Spoiler:

derozio

Years
  • You wanna rape your imouto? o.O

Spoiler:

No, st00pid. :p I meant to say that I saw that semi-rape scene alone. While I saw the crotch scene with my sis (she was watching the ep with me). Made me uncomfortable because a family member was around while I was watching stuff like that lol. :p

Wonder what relation Tsumugu Kinagase is to Ryuuko
    Spoiler:
    . I'm guessing uncle.
    Spoiler:
    This theory has been going on around for a while. Won't be surprised if it turns out to be true.

Zet

Years
  • For 4 months, I avoided watching this anime because I thought it was about girls in skimpy combat uniforms just duking it out for fanservice reasons. Seeing screenshots of Harime didn't help either as I again thought it was all for fanservice (could her character be any more opposite of sweet lolita?!). Then, a few days ago, Sakazuki said that clothing and nudity are themes. Huh, I decided to give it a try.

Within 3 episodes, I was hooked. I then marathoned it and caught myself up to episode 17. I quite like the introductions and battles of the Elite 4. My favorite is Sanageyama, who had a great turnaround after losing to Ryuko the first time. He looks better with the blindfold anyway.
    I was the same way, except everyone was talking about it and were using avatars so I gave it a go, and I'm hooked too @_@

Ep 19 is going to be one of the best according to one of the VA's who loved it. I just hope aniplex doesn't delay another episode... again.

derozio

Years
  • There have been quite a few of these episode delays for a while now, right? I'm not gonna be holding my breath. Seems it'll be equally likely for this ep too. :p

Also, the preview showed absolutely nothing. Must mean the content is too good to be spoiled even slightly. Plus Ryuko's VA said it was one of the best episodes (yeah, heard on NF that it was Ryuko's VA) so I'm pretty pumped. Really, really looking forward to it.

Either way, reiterating because can't stress it enough - episode 18 was one of the most entertaining anime episodes I've ever seen. It was great. The episode made KlK jump like 30+ ranks in MAL Top Anime list lol.

Years
  • I remember first watching this since I was like "eh I have this series queued up and I'm running out of stuff, might as well try it" - followed soon by "what the hell am I even watching lol". I just stood there like wondering what was even going on, but still found myself wanting to watch more since as random as it was, it was...addictive, I guess?

I slacked off a bit watching it over the past month or two, though. Finally got around to catching up on episodes. PLOT TWISTS WAT. Why did I stop watching this, seriously.

(Although I will say, watching some of these episodes with my husband was, um. A bit awkward to say the least. I believe it was episode 8 or 9 that he first watched with me and oh dear god lol.)

I want more now. MORE. X(

derozio

Years
  • @Sylphiel - Inorite? So damn addictive. <3; AND ME TOO. JUST TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY MOAR THEN WE HAVE THURSDAY AND NEW KLK!! :DDDDD

Also, saw this amazing fanart. Spoiler-y if you haven't seen ep 18, I guess.

Spoiler:

I want this to happen. <3

@Satoshi Ookami - haha, same here. :p

Also, anyone thinking aikuro might be related to Kiryuuins or Ryuko or something too? I don't doubt anything after the latest episodes lol

TwilightBlade

Years
  • I NEED MORE

Ugh time to go look at amazing fanart while we wait for next Thursday. ;-;

Nude Elite Four, hah! I quite liked every scene with any of the members.

Mako and Gamagori, so precious. :'3

It was possible to hate Raygo even more. I wanted to cry in the middle of the episode. "The deeper your rage, the more useful you are to me" bleh! I can't wait to see her head on the end of a pike.

Back