• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kitsukitty's Fakemon/Other Sprites

How do you think my sprites are right now?

• Total voters

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
  • hehe! I see where you got it from! XD
    Here's the title screen for my game Pokémon Opal...
    Pokemon_Opal_Start_Screen_by_Kitsukitty.gif

I hate it... but the clouds are good. The size will be doubled for the game.

Years
  • I'd advise making it in a program other than Paint, if you can-- the pixels don't lend themselves too well to landscapes, I think it would be better if it was, say, airbrushed. Antialiased at least. Also might look nice if the grass was waving in the wind, and the clouds were scrolling. ^^

Are you gonna put a Pokemon there as well? It looks sorta... empty.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • I tried to fade it.. didn't work. :/ GIMP apparently just doesn't allow it!
    More spritses!

Finally! I had the first one for a while, and then forgot about it. The water starter for Pokémon Opal, Boatt.

I'd advise making it in a program other than Paint, if you can-- the pixels don't lend themselves too well to landscapes, I think it would be better if it was, say, airbrushed. Antialiased at least. Also might look nice if the grass was waving in the wind, and the clouds were scrolling. ^^

Are you gonna put a Pokemon there as well? It looks sorta... empty.

Problem is- airbrushing isn't pixel art... So yup.
    Anti alias.. no blur tool allowed(unless you mean dithering). Remember this is pixel art... <_<"

And I'm not using Paint.. It wouldn't matter eaither way anyway, so yah... You're not allowed to use anything beside the bucket, pencil, and selection tools, I believe... No aut anti-aliasing.
    Prety much all game graphics are pixel, so...

And the clouds scrolling - I was gonna do that.. But decided not to. It would take forever. But I'll think of doing it again. The grass moving? Naaaah. Tooooooooooo much for me... the 14 year old pokemon nerd.

Last edited:

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Wow this looks good but also kinda missing something in the colour part they are very dull and not really attarcting my eyes.

Years
  • Problem is- airbrushing isn't pixel art... So yup.
    Anti alias.. no blur tool allowed(unless you mean dithering). Remember this is pixel art... <_<"

And I'm not using Paint.. It wouldn't matter eaither way anyway, so yah... You're not allowed to use anything beside the bucket, pencil, and selection tools, I believe... No aut anti-aliasing.
    Prety much all game graphics are pixel, so...

And the clouds scrolling - I was gonna do that.. But decided not to. It would take forever. But I'll think of doing it again. The grass moving? Naaaah. Tooooooooooo much for me... the 14 year old pokemon nerd.

I know how Paint works, I'm a spriter as well. What I'm saying is, if you're planning on using it in Pokemon Opal (never mind just posting it here) you'll want it to look good. Your entire game doesn't HAVE to be pixelart; "pretty much all game graphics are pixel" is a horribly naiive statement, and you're removing your options by limiting yourself like that. RMXP isn't limited by palette or space nearly as much as romhacks are, so why go out of your way to make a pixelart title screen when it could look so much better if you simply use different tools?

Background animation is easier than you think-- just create it as three different layers (clouds, water, grass), put them on top of one another, and set the cloud layer to scroll to the side and the grass and water to stay stationary. I'm no scripter, but that shouldn't be too hard to do.

Don't use age as an excuse. ;D I'm fifteen. FireTears, whose incredible work you've probably seen, is thirteen iirc. Age has nothing to do with it-- it all boils down to experience.

Want crit on the water starter, or is this already tl;dr?

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • I chose to use pixel art because it would be easier to animate.
    Right now, I announce it as WIP; it's way to lplain and boring.
    If i add the clouds drifting, it'll be all the water moving with the clouds, and they'll probably be no water shine movements...
    When I said 14 I didn't mean to put it down by age - just that I'm lazy...

Right now, I don't want any crits... thank you.
    But if you insist, critize the second one, the first one is kinda old.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • Sorry - I've been so very caught up in school!!
    The ears - I see what you mean.

Here's some new sprites for a fakemon called Keromow.

It was designed by kirara555 for Pokémon Opal. I had a little trouble picking the second shade color on the back sprite. And the claws could be better.

Last edited:

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
    Years
  • Great Job Man

Wow, these sprites are looking great!:) They look official and neat. Good job with the shading. I don't know why you think you are bad at it. Keep up the awesome work and keep spriting.

Some Tips
    O.K. Here are some tips to help you with your spriting. Bear with me as I will repeat what many others have said.

1. Firstly Resizing
    Like me you are making sprites for a fangame so all your sprites have to be 128x128 pixels. There is a simple way to get around this though. First post the sprites with a 64x64 dimesion then resize it and post it. I assume you know how to do this on piant.
    Resize - Nearest Neighbour - 200%
    I see you have done this with some of your newer sprites so great job.

2. Secondly Shading, Lineart and Pallets
    You are much better than me at all three of these topics. Keep up the great work. JUst remeber to have an official reference sprite next to you as a guide to the actual size of the pokemon. To me some of your pokemon look a wee bit small.
    Your shading is great in the later sprites. Keep up the good work!
    Your pallets are really nice. Maybe try something a bit tougher like fire, scales or clothes.

3. Third and finally, persistance
    You're a very talented spriter and should be proud of your work. Take all the critisism on this thread and use it to make your sprites even better. Keep posting and spriting, never give up. Try trainers and if you get bored tiles. Use your own ideas exploring all areas of spriting. Good job and keep up the good work

Good luck with your fangame and spriting endevours.

~NP7261~

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • The sizing - of course I already knew that! ^o^ Every spriter should, or else.. XD Thank you. yes, they are a bit small or too big sometimes.
    i've been testing the game with wild pokémon yesterday, and I noticed that a sprite made by someone else was HUGE! (it was just the first evo!!) So, er, yeah.
    I'll see if I can hammer that into my brain~~

And yes, for the first evo, that fake just above is too big. Wah.
    Third evo is coming soon, guys.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You still don't have enough contrast between dark and light... Try borrowing the palette from an official sprite, then maybe adjusting it a bit (leaving the brightness similar).

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • to tell the truth, I think the shading is fine.. I might need to make the shines a little brighter, but.. I don't like using other palettes, but I see your point. With which sprite, anyway?

If you're only looking at the first post, those are old.

this one failed to show up:
    picture.php

And this is the backsprite of the above's pre-evo.
    picture.php

Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • really cool sprites Kits (can i still call you that or Nyu??)

there really good, but they all look quite similer they all look kinda the same with the shape and type of fakes maybe try a vary with excotic fakes i use rare or endangered animals because there unusual :) Also the colours are similer to maybe make them a little more colourful :D

i hope you dont think im being really negative xD, Thanks

~kian

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • As said before I do not make all the fakes here, and this one was designed by kirara555 of dA. This one is actually a rather good one, they look different.. especially in size.

New twin avatar with a friend on dA...

e730ae41d5f98bdbc089797c9a7a438b.gif

I like eet! XD Especially the grey and blue one.. I used more of a shiny lighting this time. I really like thw grey one's tail! ^^ It looks a bit like neon..

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2012
    Wooow

they are Awesome!!!!!

really I Love All Of them

Keep good working

Back