• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Laptops or Android devices?

Wich do you prefer?

• Laptops

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Android Devices

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Laptops, as I already have a computer, and I don't go on social media very much. It's too expensive to have to pay a monthly fee and for the smartphone. Plus, mobile gaming on a smartphone is awful. I'm happy with my 3DS so I could real games, not some weird "free" stuff full of microtransactions.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I like laptops better. The screen is big, stuff loads faster and I'm a faster typer on a laptop.

The phone is good for when you're not near a computer but for me, it's definitely a second choice if a laptop is around.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Laptop. It's big, it's bulky, but it gets the job done. I also prefer using a physical keyboard over touchscreens and there's not really a point in getting a tablet when I already have an Android phone.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I prefer laptops. They're not as easy to carry around as mobile devices, but they do have a keyboard and trackpad attached, which makes it ten-times easier to get things done. Plus, I'm personally just more used to them. xD;;

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
    Years
  • I prefer android device...I mean its more lighter and everyone is in the palm of ur hand ;)
    Although, I must have chose this decision because my brother keeps hogging the laptop, leaving me with my tablet xD
    But ofc, laptops r more faster and efficient than android devices tho :)

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I rather keep use a laptop than any other android devices as android relay too much on SD cards thus the memory isn't big

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • The poll should have been "Apple or Android devices?" or "Laptops or Desktops?"
    But I guess you are specifically referring to Android tablets as an alternative to computers, correct?

Anyways, I prefer a laptop. I don't use a smartphone/tablet, but if I did I would buy one from Apple considering I've spent hundreds of dollars on music and apps from iTunes and the App Store over the past decade and wouldn't have access to any of that if I switched to Android. I also simply like their devices better. Although regardless of the brand, I'd rather keep my laptop. If I didn't I wouldn't be able to play any of the PC games I own or enjoy. A lot of them are on physical disc so they would go to waste, and all of the ones I bought from Steam require a mouse and wouldn't be nearly as fun on a tablet sized screen. I also enjoy browsing the internet, looking at pictures,and watching movies on a big screen all while using a physical mouse and physical keyboard.

Years
  • At first I thought it was particularly strange that the poll, like others have mentioned, is limited to just Android rather than simply all mobile systems \: But okay...In that case, I'd have to choose laptop because it's much more efficient in regards to getting things done in a quicker fashion rather than convenient per se, like mobile devices. And I've never been a fan of the Android OS, to be honest.

Years
  • Laptops. My 5 year old laptop is more useful than the most powerful smartphone available today. Smartphones have a lot of tricks and gimmicks and are useful on the go, but they cannot be a substitute for real computers.

Back