• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So I may or may not have promised this weekend, but it will have to wait until tomorrow until I get it fully planned out, the css drawn up and I message Fairy about the whole thing. So, although it's later than I planned, it should be up soon.

Like kaylabby said, tell me if you need any help. I'm doing nothing today anyways!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • So I may or may not have promised this weekend, but it will have to wait until tomorrow until I get it fully planned out, the css drawn up and I message Fairy about the whole thing. So, although it's later than I planned, it should be up soon.

oh i can't wait ^_^ i miss having competitions in this section!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    yes yes yes yes

Everybody please remember that contests and competitions are completely in your control to post too! (alliteration much wow) If you want to see more of something or have an idea; just PM me and we'll make it happen! I've always had a vision for A&D that it would be community driven and not rely on a moderator to make contests or discussion threads like other forums, so please if you have something fun in mind, go for it!

:)))

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • OK. SIG DESIGN CONTEST SIGN UPS ARE ON. GET INVOLVED PEOPLE!! :D :D :D

Circuit

Years
  • Alright I won't haha. Instead, I will say to anyone and everyone who comes by A&D to enter. You can take any style you want, as long as it can be used as a signature!

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Hey, Quick Question, does anyone know where i can get some PNG tilesets i can use for a credit?
    also if anyone's interested i have some fakemon ideas i would like to get made. (3 starters and 2 legendaries)
    i am trying to make a simple Pokemon game in my spare time, and would like to get some simple resources.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey, Quick Question, does anyone know where i can get some PNG tilesets i can use for a credit?
    also if anyone's interested i have some fakemon ideas i would like to get made. (3 starters and 2 legendaries)
    i am trying to make a simple Pokemon game in my spare time, and would like to get some simple resources.

Have you tried ROM hacking? It's pretty much the ultimate resource if you're looking for anything game-making related. I'm not sure exactly what they have available, but you may have better luck if you can't find anything here.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Have you tried ROM hacking? It's pretty much the ultimate resource if you're looking for anything game-making related. I'm not sure exactly what they have available, but you may have better luck if you can't find anything here.

I have, but i havent had much luck. i'm most likely going to get some off the net, and credit as i go.

i could still use some artists to help me make sprites for characters and such, if they dont mind.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • I did have interest in ROM hacks back in the day, but I didn't know how to make sprites from the start. That is why I never had any of those hacking tools.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    hello again.
    i'm looking for a character template for a RSE/FRLG hero. all i can find are just frames for walking or for other versions. i'm looking for one like this:
    "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

thanks

Circuit

Years
  • Guys I apologise for my super lack of activity here. Not sure how this came about but it will probably persist until the GT is over and I can spend time putting together some art for my new gallery. Anyway, we need more people for the SDC! Everybody go join! Doesn't have to be graphics, can be pixel art, css, anything!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really don't have time to join because of my life right now, haha. I am trying to work on some new sprites, and I'm doing tiles for my game, which is still getting nowhere, haha. I'm doing so much different stuff, and I'm not progressing with any of it. I also don't think pixel art is the best medium to do signatures with. It's certainly possible, but the time investment is bigger, especially if you go out of your comfort zone for it.

I'm thinking about doing another competition after Aiden's one is done. I'm considering another retype challenge, but of course with different rules this time. Would people potentially be interested in that?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I finally found my tablet pen so I'm slowly getting back into drawing. I'm rusty though so for a moment I've mostly just been doodling to just try and get a style down again before working on better pieces. I think once I do that I might remake my gallery since my old one is pretty old now and I kinda don't wanna bring that one back to life haha.

I'm so glad to have found my tablet pen again it felt so good to draw aaah. Though tbf I should have done pencil drawings while I didn't have it but oh well. But since I might start up another gallery I'll definitely try and check out others' galleries and maybe actually make posts as well.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i've never had a drawing tablet before! i'm sure it's really cool. i use to be able to draw a lot when i was younger, i don't draw anymore.

Circuit

Years
  • I have one, and when my computer decides it is going to run the drivers for it, it's really cool. Really helpful and allows some great effects!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back