• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Last album you listened to?

Bay

Years
  • Had been listening to Ed Sheeran's X and then some of 5, which seems to be a collection of Sheeran's hits. I was a mood to listen to his songs tonight and with X I like the majority of the songs in that album.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I just finished listening to No Love Deep Web by Death Grips. I really loved it, actually. I have always heard little bits and pieces of the album, and it actually might be one of my favorite releases (alongside Exmilitary and The Money Store). No Love has always been probably my favorite Death Grips song to date, and I feel like the rest of the record really encompasses that vibe and spreads it around. Songs like Lil Boy really make the lyrics pop out (IE: "Floods you can't hide" helped me really vision exactly what MC Ride was trying to portray in the lyrics). My favorite songs out of it were No Love, Battle Rass Stars Out The Sky, and Deep Web. I'd give it a 9/10, not really sure why I haven't given it a listen before.
    really wish I could get more into Death Grips. I spun The Money Store a fair bit closer to when it came out because one of my best friends was really into it, and I used to be fond of Government Plates, but the rest of their discography flits between doing absolutely nothing for me and active hatred. but I wish I got 'em. like, "The Fever" is an inexplicably incredible song, for example, but I don't get nearly as much of a rush from the rest of their discography.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    really wish I could get more into Death Grips. I spun The Money Store a fair bit closer to when it came out because one of my best friends was really into it, and I used to be fond of Government Plates, but the rest of their discography flits between doing absolutely nothing for me and active hatred. but I wish I got 'em. like, "The Fever" is an inexplicably incredible song, for example, but I don't get nearly as much of a rush from the rest of their discography.

Yeah, I get that. Their newest album, The Powers That B, didn't really do much for me, while the rest of the DG fanbase really went crazy over it. The Fever is really a great song, though! If that's up your alley, you might want to give their first mixtape, Exmilitary a try if you haven't. I liked a few tracks off Govt Plates (You Might Think He Loves You..., Anne Bonny) but the rest of the album wasn't really my favorite sonically, but I really love the sort of urban aesthetic that was seen in the videos for all the songs. But it's completely understandable for people not to be into their sound, it's really a "you love it or you don't" sort of deal. TBH, I kind of forced myself to listen to The Money Store after all the high praise I heard, then it was somewhat of a "trainwreck you can't look away from" type of deal.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can usually sneak a full one in on the way to/from work (transit and whatnot), if I really devote to it. So, the last one I listened to would've been Zedd's True Colors, which, I find, is a terrific record. I've also recently listened through Adele's 25 and Muse's Drones (for the millionth time). Getting some good ideas from this thread, though!

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Yeah, I get that. Their newest album, The Powers That B, didn't really do much for me, while the rest of the DG fanbase really went crazy over it. The Fever is really a great song, though! If that's up your alley, you might want to give their first mixtape, Exmilitary a try if you haven't. I liked a few tracks off Govt Plates (You Might Think He Loves You..., Anne Bonny) but the rest of the album wasn't really my favorite sonically, but I really love the sort of urban aesthetic that was seen in the videos for all the songs. But it's completely understandable for people not to be into their sound, it's really a "you love it or you don't" sort of deal. TBH, I kind of forced myself to listen to The Money Store after all the high praise I heard, then it was somewhat of a "trainwreck you can't look away from" type of deal.
    yeah I wasn't a fan of Exmilitary either. honestly I think of them as some sort of meeting between, like, noise rock and hip hop, but they don't do either of them particularly well in my opinion outside of a few songs, so I usually just swing one direction or the other when I want something that mines the same sort of aggressive territories as DG. listened to The Money Store again recently actually to see if it'd grown on me at all subconsciously. it hadn't outside of a few songs. I absolutely get why someone would love them, though.

anywho, last album I listened to was The Glow Pt. 2 by The Microphones. lo-fi psychedelic folk that's kind of fragmentary but flows like one giant piece. kind of. it's amazing melancholic stuff for snowy days.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • Dream Theater's "The Astonishing".

There are 34 tracks in this album, and one interesting thing, the biggest song is only SEVEN MINUTES IN. That's very impressive (or ASTONISHING. get it? get it?) because usually, Dream Theater's music clocks in at 10+ minutes.

The one thing i cannot understand is the ammount of HATE people have unleashed in this album. They were spoiled so much by today's horrible music(Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Drake, pretty much anything pop/rap that came out in 2013-14) that they decided to take their anger out on a GOOD album.

I've never seen so much hate in a song such as Moment of Betrayal. It is an awesome song, that goes quite through the lines of their own The Great Debate(2002) and Losing Time(2002 also).

Overall, the best songs are Moment of Betrayal, When Your Time Has Come, Losing Faythe(can't stand the king and queen crying in the beginning, makes me wanna cry too), A Life Left Behind, Descent of the NOMACS(So trippy!), Power Down(even more trippy), and A New Beginning.

All other songs are great also. I rate this album 10/10.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • anywho, last album I listened to was The Glow Pt. 2 by The Microphones. lo-fi psychedelic folk that's kind of fragmentary but flows like one giant piece. kind of. it's amazing melancholic stuff for snowy days.
    The Glow Pt. 2 was one of the first albums I gave a "proper" listen to when I was first getting into music, someone suggested it to me during my strokes obsession phase. Honestly hated it back then because I just didn't get it hahaha, I thought the percussion was weird and I got bored after a while. As years went by and I listened to more and more stuff I returned to this album again and now I realise how naive I was with music back then because this lp is just beautiful.

Anyway last album I listened to was Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix, the last of his trio, don't know why I avoided it till now but heyo. Definitely prefer this over Axis or Experienced as a whole album, Hendrix's guitar work just kills all over (as you would expect) and the last few songs especially have some of his best moments. Definitely will be returning to this over and over

Back