• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen lavender town leaf green scare

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    did anyone else who played leaf green as a kid get scared when they visited lavender town?

'where all pokemon come to die'

wait what?? they can die??

Ayselipera

Moving this to Advance Generation Gaming since this is mostly about Lavender Town in the remakes.

Anyways I actually didn't find it creepy. Lavender Town is my favorite town in the Kanto region because I love the music and location.

Years
  • I did feel a little freaked out from Lavender Town in R/B/Y because of the music xD

In the remakes I wasn't though. The graphic improvement in the remakes didn't make Lavender Town look as creepy haha.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • In RBGY yes, but in FRLG, no. Plus theres lots of nightmare fuel for the it in RBGY.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    In RBGY yes, but in FRLG, no.

It might have a lot to do with back then we were all 6 or 7 and when we played the remakes it just wasn't as scary.

Do you believe in GHOSTs?

[NO]

Haha. I didn't think so.
    That white hand on your shoulder, it isn't real.

...then again...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I played Leafgreen before I really got into any of the 1st generation games. I was more creeped out by the Pokemon Tower because they give you an eye catcher before you enter the building. Yes Lavender Town gave me the willies when I was 11.

Ferny

The Shiny Ninetales
    Years
  • I'm 15, and Lavender Town (including all the stories around it) still scare me. D:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Lavender Town never creeped me out, not even in the first gen. But having played it before pretty much removed all the shock value in FR/LG.

I actually like the purple shade of the town. Call me crazy, but I actually found it soothing in a way xD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • When I visited it iN FR/LG, I guess Id matured a bit (shocking, I know :P) and it didn't really bother me. But in the originals, with the ghost, purple shade, eery 8-bit music... yeah, it was quite creepy. :O

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wasn't all that scared of Lavender Town when I went into it. To me, it's the Kanto counterpart of Mt. Pyre because it's where Pokemon go to die (and no, they actually don't die in-game; that's for flavor text).

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Lavendar town is definitely the best location in Kanto with the best music as well. I didn't find it creepy at all, I really liked it and felt like it was one of the more immersive locations in the game in terms of playability and atmosphere.

Also Cubone. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Wide screen on a game cube when I was 7 with Blue, yeah it scared me, and I don't have any recollection, of LGFR at all...even though I beat both of them.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Lavender town was a cool place in R/B/Y and in FR/LG
    But people thinks its creepy because of the rumours and rubbish being spreading around
    the internet
    It's like my saying the Real Radio Director of GoldenRod CIty commited suicide and his brother takes his place
    SOme one reading this wil probally adpat that and make it scary >.<

anyway
    No i wasnt scared xD

Years
  • I love Lavender Town. When I played LeafGreen I didn't find it creepy at all. Moreover, I was thinking that the music was quite relaxing. (I was 15 at that time)
    Now I'm playing Yellow . Not so creepy, but it feels less relaxing than LG.
    This town never scared me, until I read all the horror stories about it >.> Now I'm freaked out to even open my Yellow rom because I saved it in Lavender Town. Eh, as time goes by I will regain my courage.
    So, the stories make it creepy. The town itself is okay.

Years
  • It was creepy back in RBY, but... later I just liked it.
    There's still something creeping me out about Lavender though... this:

I just hope this is not against the rules

Last edited:

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • The stories scare me, abut those kids who went crazy from the RBY Lavender Town music and started doing all this mad stuff o.O

I hated climbing the tower >< The mother Marowak always scared me! D: Poor Cubone :(:(

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • It didn't scare me in either the originals or the remakes... I just couldn't bring myself to be scared of little pixels on a Game Boy / Advance screen.

I've gotten scared by other games, but I can never be scared of anything on a Game Boy. I guess it's because most of the games for them are old, so their graphics/sound is outdated. Maybe if I played R/B/Y back when they were new, I would of been scared... But, yeah... No.

And the original Lavender Town soundtrack just sounds like typical blips and bloops to me...

Back