• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Le Beginners Supremo Graphicals Class

Decypher

Craig Marshall
    Years
    Ok, I found a tutorial on clipping masks after all.

So, heres assignment number 2:

Its not my best sig, but it is using a technique I've never used before.

Hopefully I didn't do too badly. xD

moments.

quixotic
    Years

Pretty cool tag although it is very sort of repetitive. When I said to use a style you have never used, I meant just to include an example of it in your tag but what you did is good.
    The text is nice and the placement of the render is also good, while the effects are very obvious. I don't really like how you stretched out her head but not the rest of her body so it seems unbalanced.
    Then the little black section to the right is very bland considering it is very close to the focal. Try adding some smudges in there to fill the gap while not drawing attention away from the focal.

Ok very nice tag. Very nice! First of all, the border is not too good. Replace it with a simple 1px white border or even 2 px if it looks good. The grey line is a bit distracting as the tag ends, but then it pushes the edges out furthur if that makes sense...
    The maing concern in thi stag are the colours. They seem flushed and a bit cloudy especially over the render, and the background is looking very dark and not very sharp. I think what it needs is a bit more contrast. An easy way to do this which looks good is to 'Apply Image' then go to Filter >> Other >> High Pass. Put it on 10px and the tag should go all icky and grey. Then put that layer on layer setting 'Soft Light' and it should make some nice contrast.

Decypher

Craig Marshall
    Years
    Hmmm, ok, I purposely added the black section to the right, but you're the teacher so, I'll make the changes now.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    It doesn't need a lot, just a bit of smudging as it goes from Focal to pitch black with little of anything. SO after the eyes see the focal they see emptiness right near it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Alrighty, firstly the render I gave you really doesn't look all to good if you can only see her head. By leaving her body in the tag or at least some of it, you can utilize the flow a lot easier and use effects a lot easier.
    Again Signor Pichu-Kun, brushing over the focal is a no go! Erase some brushing over he face and maybe some on her hair, it is distracting.
    The background is lacking I'm afraid. Putting a brown canvas and bushing randomly over the top really never looked good I'm afraid. Try erasing all the brushing and toying around with some smudging and C4D's if you are feeling brave.
    Well, I don't know what C4D's are. :|
    I know it isn't as good as everyone else's.
    Plus, it didn't take long.

Maybe another tutorial would help. :3

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    What would you like a tutorial on Pichu-Kun?
    Actually there is a good one in the Tutorials Thread here by Aizuke which should be on the last page or the one before. It is the tutorial Pikachu Trainer~ used so if you like that banner you could try one for yourself.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    That is a nice tutorial, and the outcome is great, but I would like to learn about C4D's.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    C4D's can be tricky to use but have very nice outcomes if done correctly.
    I know Evilcheese made a tutorial, lemme go find it!

Here it is. Use it wisely.. :)

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Much better Decypher! I like the one where the splatters are all blue instead of black. Now it doesn't look all too blank and has some flow now.
    I think another thing you could do would be to add some depth, simply sharpen the focal points and blur the rest. Don't blur or sharpen too much, just a bit.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    ROFL Vivaa, Get out of my classroom! I think it would look better with a different border, no offense to Aizuke's tutorial or anything but I don't like it on that tag.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Ok first of all, I really like the simplicity of this tag.
    The first thing I have to say is that there are several things that could be fixed, but it still looks good even if you don't. This tag is very simple and that is what makes it so good, so changing it might disrupt that style but I will try to keep to 'simplicity'.
    First of all, nice smudging of use of cloud textures at the bottom. It draws the eyes up the meet the focal which is good. The vector circles are great as they cover the render, but not very much so it doesn't steal attention. Although I think that you could make some of the circles behind her and some in front so it looks like there is depth. Good old depth. :x
    I think that the colours in this tag are very flushed especially the render. Try using some gradient maps on different settings maybe just to perk up some more contrast, only the smallest amount!
    Lastly, I really don't like the border, sorry... I think the side lines might look better in a lighter colour, so it doesn't contrast so much from such a light tag.
    Nice work!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Decypher
    The tag is a lot better with the adding of basic depth, but there is another thing I picked up.
    A minor nitpick, but if you fix it, it could look a lot better. Around the render there is the black out line. You can delete this by selecting the layer with the render on it and going 'Layer >> Matting >> Remove black matte OR defringe (1/2px)' This will remove the back around the render.
    On a dark tag it doesn't need it, but when it is all white, it will look a lot better without it...
    I don't know if that border is any better, maybe just make it a bit thinner.

Decypher

Craig Marshall
    Years
    "Layer >> Matting >> Remove black matte OR defringe"

Neither of those things work, both of them ruin the render. I'll edit the border though.

Last edited:
    Back