• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Yeah, Renekton falls off pretty hard late game, from my experience. The thing to do is to cause your enemy laner to have next to no presence and make up in early game what you lack in late game. Just abuse your q and e and harass your opponent where possible.

I'd say boots depends on the enemy team. For Renekton, a tankier build is more advisable than a build with damage, but if you're doing well then damage can help give you some presence later. If you're 8/0 in ten minutes buy some damage, otherwise start with a Sunfire Cape, and build also a Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen and Righteous Glory. These should cover just about everything, and just make you a massive wall with your ultimate too. The last item is yours to choose, so a Black Cleaver can be good to slot in somewhere early on.

Boots I tend to match against my lane, often being Ninja Tabi vs an ad champ, or Merc treads vs ap. But Merc treads are also useful against a team with heavy cc, so sometimes I'll pick them up against an ad champ too.

Circuit

Years
You young kids with your newfangled items. I hear you guys even have an AP Static Shiv now. Back in my day Heart of Gold existed and Sunfires stacked. Boy, oh boy. Those were fun days.

I was around then too. RIP Heart of Gold.

Yes, there is an AP version of Static shiv - Luden's Echo. It's pretty strong.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
Years
I was around then too. RIP Heart of Gold.

Yes, there is an AP version of Static shiv - Luden's Echo. It's pretty strong.

I wish I could still play regularly. I haven't really played S5 at all, and barely played in S4. Moved to a new apartment where the included internet has some dumb firewalls that cause League to crash when I try to load into a game after champ select. My friends all play, and every once in a blue moon I can play a Lulu game. First game in months and I got S+. I was pretty happy about that.

Circuit

Years
I don't play much any more either really. I haven't played League in months. Though I am level 5 with Diana haha, so that's something!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I only have level 5 with Quinn, but I'm at about 60k points with her now so that's at least two level 5's worth XD I also have level 4 on Zac and Varus, but I've been expanding my pool quite a bit recently.

Sirfetch’d

I came here to say how much I love Billy's sig about 5 or so posts above :D

Also I have no level 5 mastery on anyone because I don't really play enough. I have a 4 on MF though and am very close to 5.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I've been trying to explain the basics to someone who is level 27 and STILL can't get the basics of this game down. I'm talking basics as in to the point as what is an ADC, Top laner, Jungler, Mid laner, and support. He doesn't know what he likes to play, which is OK, but he can't play any role to even a basic level. He can't CS AT ALL and he has no idea how to fight people. He stands perfectly still and just aas people. With every champion. In every role. He owns no simple champs. He saves up and buys the 6300 champs because they're "Better". He owns Diana, Yasuo, Kalista, Zed, Ekko, and Elise. And he can't play any of them. He tries to play the free week champs and then claims that they suck because he did bad with them. I just... I just can't play with him. He costs me every game I play. He even feeds bots. He loses. To beginner bots. And he is level 27. He uses Heal +Ignite in every role, and he doesn't trust me to try other spells. I really can't do this.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
All of my mastery 5s are with ADCs and supports. xD Ashe, Corki, Sona, Soraka, and Janna are my mastery 5s. I have Garen at mastery 4 though. Trying to get all of my owned champions (and I only own about 16) to mastery 5. I was grinding for IP to get two new rune pages and also Heimerdinger. He's free week and I like him, so I kinda want to own him, haha, and really learn how to play as him. I feel like mastery 5's the best way for me to really get to know a champion since I have to play them a lot to get to that point, and it also lets me learn who they can work well against and not work well against. Also fixing my rune pages will probably help out too. ;( I only have pages for ADC and Support right now, but I have masteries for all roles. I can make the ADC and Support runes work for other roles because the masteries help, but I think having dedicated pages for AD and AP would work loads better for me and help me do a lot better in mid and top lane.

I don't even know what I'd do with jungling though. @_@ I can't jungle to save my life.

I've been trying to explain the basics to someone who is level 27 and STILL can't get the basics of this game down. I'm talking basics as in to the point as what is an ADC, Top laner, Jungler, Mid laner, and support. He doesn't know what he likes to play, which is OK, but he can't play any role to even a basic level. He can't CS AT ALL and he has no idea how to fight people. He stands perfectly still and just aas people. With every champion. In every role. He owns no simple champs. He saves up and buys the 6300 champs because they're "Better". He owns Diana, Yasuo, Kalista, Zed, Ekko, and Elise. And he can't play any of them. He tries to play the free week champs and then claims that they suck because he did bad with them. I just... I just can't play with him. He costs me every game I play. He even feeds bots. He loses. To beginner bots. And he is level 27. He uses Heal +Ignite in every role, and he doesn't trust me to try other spells. I really can't do this.

Wow... that's rough, man. I mean, I'm not all that great of a player myself, but that's rough. (I did ranked and they put me in Silver 5, but I really don't feel like I belong there because of how badly I can do in games.) It looks like he owns a lot of mid laners though based on what you said (Kalista and Elise are the only two sticking out to me as champions that aren't mid lane), maybe encourage him to try mid lane? Take it step by step, teach him one lane at a time, and then go from there? Encourage him to play on his own. I didn't start playing PvP until I was like level 15, and I did ARAMs with friends. I'm level 30 now and ranked Silver 5, and I've definitely improved. I'd stick with the lanes first though; I'm awful at jungle, and I'm trying to learn a bit myself. My friends also told me to try and do a solo lane, so mid or top. That way you're not screwing someone else up as you would be if you were in bot lane and there were two people that were behind instead of just one and also two fed people instead of just one. In bots, that's a bit harder, but I feel like it's still possible to work somehow. I have friends that are teaching me a bit here and there and giving me tips, and I feel like I'm learning a fair bit. I think just patience is the best way to go with this guy. Don't be toxic with him because that definitely won't help him out at all. Keep him in beginner bots until he starts winning games, then move up to intermediate, and then maybe do ARAMs with him and later normals. To teach him CSing, maybe have him play an ADC? That really taught me how to CS because I saw how important it was in the bot lane and I carried that knowledge over to the other lanes I play in. Reading guides online a bit has also helped a fair bit as well. Lolking & Mobafire have some pretty good ones, and Googling others is possible too. Dunno if any of this will help, but I figured I'd throw all this at you anyways.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i just downloaded the game yesterday and i've played a few games. i play as annie ^_^. looking for some friends.

Talon

Years
All of my mastery 5s are with ADCs and supports. xD Ashe, Corki, Sona, Soraka, and Janna are my mastery 5s. I have Garen at mastery 4 though. Trying to get all of my owned champions (and I only own about 16) to mastery 5. I was grinding for IP to get two new rune pages and also Heimerdinger. He's free week and I like him, so I kinda want to own him, haha, and really learn how to play as him. I feel like mastery 5's the best way for me to really get to know a champion since I have to play them a lot to get to that point, and it also lets me learn who they can work well against and not work well against. Also fixing my rune pages will probably help out too. ;( I only have pages for ADC and Support right now, but I have masteries for all roles. I can make the ADC and Support runes work for other roles because the masteries help, but I think having dedicated pages for AD and AP would work loads better for me and help me do a lot better in mid and top lane.

I don't even know what I'd do with jungling though. @_@ I can't jungle to save my life.

Wow... that's rough, man. I mean, I'm not all that great of a player myself, but that's rough. (I did ranked and they put me in Silver 5, but I really don't feel like I belong there because of how badly I can do in games.) It looks like he owns a lot of mid laners though based on what you said (Kalista and Elise are the only two sticking out to me as champions that aren't mid lane), maybe encourage him to try mid lane? Take it step by step, teach him one lane at a time, and then go from there? Encourage him to play on his own. I didn't start playing PvP until I was like level 15, and I did ARAMs with friends. I'm level 30 now and ranked Silver 5, and I've definitely improved. I'd stick with the lanes first though; I'm awful at jungle, and I'm trying to learn a bit myself. My friends also told me to try and do a solo lane, so mid or top. That way you're not screwing someone else up as you would be if you were in bot lane and there were two people that were behind instead of just one and also two fed people instead of just one. In bots, that's a bit harder, but I feel like it's still possible to work somehow. I have friends that are teaching me a bit here and there and giving me tips, and I feel like I'm learning a fair bit. I think just patience is the best way to go with this guy. Don't be toxic with him because that definitely won't help him out at all. Keep him in beginner bots until he starts winning games, then move up to intermediate, and then maybe do ARAMs with him and later normals. To teach him CSing, maybe have him play an ADC? That really taught me how to CS because I saw how important it was in the bot lane and I carried that knowledge over to the other lanes I play in. Reading guides online a bit has also helped a fair bit as well. Lolking & Mobafire have some pretty good ones, and Googling others is possible too. Dunno if any of this will help, but I figured I'd throw all this at you anyways.

Issue is, all he wants to play is ARAMs. That is all he wants to play. However, with the champions he buys, he's doomed to lose every single one. He claims normals are too difficult for him. Well when you played nothing but arams from the very second you could up till level 27, yeah they're going to be hard. He doesn't know what he's doing at all. He only knows how to play aram. He always asks me "Where are the healing shrines?" when we're playing normals. For the longest time, he didn't even know he could back to buy items and heal. He still never does it until I remind him too.When I don't play for a while and go to check on his progress, I'll see one or two normals loses where he went like 0/21 and had something stupid like a Luden's + Zeke's on Yasuo. He just had no idea what to do and he doesn't listen to me.

SparklingMistral

Years
Issue is, all he wants to play is ARAMs. That is all he wants to play. However, with the champions he buys, he's doomed to lose every single one. He claims normals are too difficult for him. Well when you played nothing but arams from the very second you could up till level 27, yeah they're going to be hard. He doesn't know what he's doing at all. He only knows how to play aram. He always asks me "Where are the healing shrines?" when we're playing normals. For the longest time, he didn't even know he could back to buy items and heal. He still never does it until I remind him too.When I don't play for a while and go to check on his progress, I'll see one or two normals loses where he went like 0/21 and had something stupid like a Luden's + Zeke's on Yasuo. He just had no idea what to do and he doesn't listen to me.

Oh wow. I just played beginner bots up until I was level 14/15 or something like that until friends brought me into the world of PvP. (I probably never would've ventured into it on my own, haha.) How does he do in ARAMs though? If he does better in ARAM than he does in normals and makes better builds in ARAM than in normals, maybe just be like "hey. you did really good with *insert champ here* in ARAM, maybe you should try practicing with that champion more in bots and then try normals with him/her using that same build you used for the ARAM." I've actually found champions that I'll do good with in an ARAM and be like "i like this champ, i'll buy them and practice more." (Kog'Maw is one that I own now, but I got him from linking my Facebook to League. Graves is another, but I have other priorities right now, so Graves isn't going to be bought any time soon, I don't think.) It might work out for him if he's building properly in an ARAM, he'd just need to take those skills and transfer them over to bots and normals.

Talon

Years
Oh wow. I just played beginner bots up until I was level 14/15 or something like that until friends brought me into the world of PvP. (I probably never would've ventured into it on my own, haha.) How does he do in ARAMs though? If he does better in ARAM than he does in normals and makes better builds in ARAM than in normals, maybe just be like "hey. you did really good with *insert champ here* in ARAM, maybe you should try practicing with that champion more in bots and then try normals with him/her using that same build you used for the ARAM." I've actually found champions that I'll do good with in an ARAM and be like "i like this champ, i'll buy them and practice more." (Kog'Maw is one that I own now, but I got him from linking my Facebook to League. Graves is another, but I have other priorities right now, so Graves isn't going to be bought any time soon, I don't think.) It might work out for him if he's building properly in an ARAM, he'd just need to take those skills and transfer them over to bots and normals.
All he owns is Diana, Yasuo, Kalista, Zed, Ekko, and Elise + Free Week. He can't play any of them. He does better in them, but still really bad. He doesn't know what to build. He doesn't know what his abilities do. He barely even knows how to use them. He tried to play Master Yi last time he was free. He couldn't even understand how his W worked. He didn't understand that it literally heals him. He would never Q or even ult. He didn't even know Master Yi had an ultimate... At one point he literally said "Why doesn't this guy have an R ability?" it was the biggest fucking facepalm moment ever.

i just downloaded the game yesterday and i've played a few games. i play as annie
10.%20giggle.gif
. looking for some friends.
What server are you on? I'm open basically 3717/910. All I do is play League (sadly) and go to school.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
All he owns is Diana, Yasuo, Kalista, Zed, Ekko, and Elise + Free Week. He can't play any of them. He does better in them, but still really bad. He doesn't know what to build. He doesn't know what his abilities do. He barely even knows how to use them. He tried to play Master Yi last time he was free. He couldn't even understand how his W worked. He didn't understand that it literally heals him. He would never Q or even ult. He didn't even know Master Yi had an ultimate... At one point he literally said "Why doesn't this guy have an R ability?" it was the biggest psyducking facepalm moment ever.

What server are you on? I'm open basically 3717/910. All I do is play League (sadly) and go to school.

idk what server haha you mean my username?

Talon

Years
idk what server haha you mean my username?
nahnahnah
Go to your profile, and there should be a bar in the top right where you can search a summoner. Look up Lowvyr and see if his most played champion is Aatrox. If it is, then it's me. If it's not then uhhh yeah it's not me.
The game has different servers. Like NA for North America, EUW for Western Europe, EUNE for North Eastern Europe, OCE for Oceania, KR for Korea, RU for Russia, LAN for Latin America, etc etc.
You can see what server you're on when you first open the launcher before you hit the bigass orange "Launch" button. It'll say "Server" and then underneath that in green text it'll say some fucking thing like North America or w/e server you are on.
I'm NA.
'Cause I live in TN.
I'm not a redkneck before you ask. I speak clear english without a country accent and my mom is not my cousin.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
nahnahnah
Go to your profile, and there should be a bar in the top right where you can search a summoner. Look up Lowvyr and see if his most played champion is Aatrox. If it is, then it's me. If it's not then uhhh yeah it's not me.
The game has different servers. Like NA for North America, EUW for Western Europe, EUNE for North Eastern Europe, OCE for Oceania, KR for Korea, RU for Russia, LAN for Latin America, etc etc.
You can see what server you're on when you first open the launcher before you hit the bigass orange "Launch" button. It'll say "Server" and then underneath that in green text it'll say some psyducking thing like North America or w/e server you are on.
I'm NA.
'Cause I live in TN.
I'm not a redkneck before you ask. I speak clear english without a country accent and my mom is not my cousin.

oh okay ill look im North America too

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
I tried playing the game years ago (like 2012ish), and i loathed it. Mostly due to the fact that even if the game crashes, the jackasses at Riot Games think i abandoned my team on purpose

SparklingMistral

Years
All he owns is Diana, Yasuo, Kalista, Zed, Ekko, and Elise + Free Week. He can't play any of them. He does better in them, but still really bad. He doesn't know what to build. He doesn't know what his abilities do. He barely even knows how to use them. He tried to play Master Yi last time he was free. He couldn't even understand how his W worked. He didn't understand that it literally heals him. He would never Q or even ult. He didn't even know Master Yi had an ultimate... At one point he literally said "Why doesn't this guy have an R ability?" it was the biggest psyducking facepalm moment ever.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I dunno what to tell you then, haha. I mean, I'm no god tier player, but wow, yeah, that's bad. ._. (I also don't really own any of those champions that he owns, & of that list he owns, the only ones I've really played are Kalista & Ekko when they were free weeks.) I own Master Yi though, but I'm pretty bad at him & use him as a jungler if I need one. (Though I picked up Evelynn as well at the recommendation of a friend, & I've liked her. Still sorta learning how to use her and how to jungle and by that i mean learn to gank without dying a whole lot because clearing jungle is easy peasy.)

Back