• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Years
New champion time:
It's a uhhh.... It's a catfish. With a top hat. I think it's safe to say that Riot has run out of ideas.

If anything I think they're continuing to strike upon new and innovative ideas. For a river monster they could have done any kind of serpent or gator or something. For them to go with a catfish, and one that's very clearly based in folklore of bayou monsters/making a deal with the devil is pretty neat. I like that they pull from all sorts of culture in their character design, and though Tamm (I believe is his name) may be a little wonky, he and his awesome southern accent are a pretty fresh addition to the Rift.

Pretty excited for this champ. Been awhile since we've had a real tank (which I'm presuming is what he'll be). It's also always nice to see more nonhuman champs, as while human champs are cool the pool is currently pretty flooded. Definitely interested to see what his abilities will be. Apparently he has no true damage, knockups or executes so that's a nice change from the past like... 10 champs? I feel like the knockups especially have been done a little bit much. I'm hoping he might be a little similar to Bakasura from Smite in that he can eat things and use that to power himself up in some way. Will be interesting to see come Tuesday!

Sirfetch’d

So the new champ is Whiscash? Pretty interesting. Looks like a jungler though, has his role been confirmed? Kinda cool regardless

Anyways I started playing this game again after a 2 month + hiatus. I am doing OK I guess so far but I really don't know the meta all too well. What's good right now?

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
It's basically a meta where, if you don't have tanks on your team and the enemy team does, you lose. It's the most tank heavy meta I've ever seen, and as an assassin player, I hate it with a passion. It seems to be slowly moving more towards a mage meta right now though, I hate that even more because they are EXTREMELY annoying to my poor Talon and Aatrox.

Sirfetch’d

Just did a game that was almost 70 minutes long X_X their tank definitely carried. I had 19 kills as Cait but it wasn't enough sadly. Amazing game overall

Years
If you want a free win every game, just go Cinderhulk Mundo jungle. Broken AF.

Another way to get a free win atm is to play Ryze before he gets nerfed in a few days cause of the new patch. You are literally playing URF once you hit like level 11. Just make sure to cast in order of WQEQWQEQWQEQWQEtc. because Q refreshes every spell cast other than itself, and you need to cast it every other spell to refresh your other spells. Also your ult has 100% uptime, so that's nice.

Talon

Years
Decided to try to find a new build path, runes, and masteries for Aatrox.
I uhhh
I had a 1.72 attack speed at level 8 with a full Blood Well, Ult, and Zephyr. That is not ok.

R.I.P this thread, again.

Last edited:

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
"Aatrox is in an ok spot"
BULL
PSYDUCKING
MUK

1136 posts in this thread. Oh dear god that's a lot.

Anyone have a PBE account here? I really enjoy playing on it, and I don't have any friends with that account ;-;. I only play custom games because, even though I'm a toxic motherpsyducker, some of the newer players to the pbe kill me with how toxic they are. And the wait times are horrific. My name on the PBE is Talon is Life, add me if you ever feel like playing it!

I really want to see what happens if you:
1) Pick Crystal Scar
2) Grab Cho and Lulu
3) Cho get biggerfied with ultimate
4) Cho gets an Elixer of Ruin
5) Cho grabs the Surge thing the middle of the map
6) Lulu ults Cho.
There has to be a limit on how big Cho can get.

So his ult triples his size, if I'm correct, Ruin gives you 25% increased size, and lulu's ult doubles their size.
This is a..... 425%(?) bigger Cho'Gath. JUST THINK ABOUT HOW BIG THIS IS.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME MAKE THIS REALITY A DREAM.

idk you but ive been reading this thread out of boredom at 4 am and i really want to do this LOL you should add me @ fireious

Talon

Years
I'm tired af, like you said, it's 4 am and I've been up since 6 am yesterday.
But yeah, if you're on NA we can do it, so long as you have Lulu.

I got to play Tahm Kench on the PBE. HOLY SHIT HE'S FUN! I broke Talon with him, though. Talon ulted to get away from enemies, then jumped inside me while I was waiting to give him an escape route, and I took off before his ult finished, and because he was technically "removed" from the game at the time, his blades never re-converged. Ever. They stayed in place all game. We tried it a couple more times and ended up making a wall of blades. Enemies were scared to pass through, and when one of them did all the blades disappeared. It was weird.

R.I.P this thread

Last edited:

Universal

Musician
Years
If only this thread was still alive. :L Anywho feel free to add me @ Unicorn Magic. Made it from Gold 5 to Plat 5 now (All the way from Silver 5). Can give some tips on getting out and such.

Talon

Years
Well I hit Bronze 3 today
I think I have found my new favorite thing in this game.
yOtnCqs.png

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
Years
I guess I've stayed away from this thread for long enough. I didn't feel like it would be appropriate for me to comment, because I haven't played LoL frequently since season 3 (due to shitty new internet >_>), but every once in a while the opportunity comes around for me to get a game or two in.

I gotta say, the new Champion Mastery stuff is really interesting. Went on a trip to visit some friends last week and got to play a few games with one of them. It was glorious. I main support, nowadays (it's the easiest role to main when the meta keeps changing, I've found. I used to main jungle in S3, but... Things are a lot different now. Nobody plays Elise or Hecarim in the jungle anymore ;_; What happened). First game back, instalock that Lulu. The friend I'm duoing with goes ADC. Feels like the good ol' days. After a few minutes of a shaky laning phase, I remember how the game works and got accustomed to the new items and mechanics (and champions). Then we proceeded to win every teamfight, thanks to my clutch saves. My final KDA was 2-1-29, and it felt fantastic. Got an S+ rank for it, too (my friend was salty because he barely got an A, haha).

Anyways, that's my most recent experience with LoL. I really wish I could play soon because Tahm looks like so much fun.

Talon

Years
Support is the one role I can't play. I can not play any support well other than Annie. The only other role I can't play more than 4 champions in is ADC, where I can only play Ashe and Vayne.
For top I have Aatrox, Riven, Rengar, Wukong, Nasus, Olaf, Gangplank, Garen, Jax, and Tryndamere
For jungle I have Aatrox, Rengar, Kha'Zix, Wukong, Olaf, Xin Zhao, Shaco, Jarvan IV, Jax, Amumu, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Nidalee, Nunu, Pantheon, Rammus, Shyvana, Udyr, Vi, and Warwick
For mid I have Talon (What a surprise), Annie, LeBlanc, Katarina, Lux, and Nidalee
For support I have Annie
For ADC I have Ashe and Vayne.

Now, those aren't the only champions I own, those are just the ones I know how to play well enough to not feed with them.
My best overall champions are Aatrox, Talon, Riven, and Rengar. I have my level 5 mastery on Aatrox and Riven is starting to get there. I kinda dropped Talon, but I can still play him if I need to. The meta just does not fit Talon very well and I find it very hard to play him in this meta.
Every champion I own:
Spoiler:

How every other division sees Bronzes:
Silver: I'm a MILE above them! (When in reality they're just as bad. They've just played more.)
Gold: BRONZIES SUCK LMAO! (When the only real difference is slight mechanical skill.)
Platinum: I'm a fucking god at this game. I'm out of low elo. (I'm sorry to break your hopes and dreams, but plat is "Mid" elo. And you still suck. Plat isn't that good.)
Diamond: They suck dick. (Yes, we do, thanks for stroking your ego buddy.)
Master & Challenger: They're new to the game. They need to play more. (Thanks for not being a dick about it and seeing my rank for what it truly is.)

I'm sorry, but Silvers and Golds that think you're a million times better than a Bronzes, you're still shit too. Gold is still low elo. Silver is no better than Bronze. I'm a Bronze and I the only thing holding me back from rising is mechanical skill. I probably have more game knowledge than most Golds. I just have issues learning mechanical skill.

Last edited:

Universal

Musician
Years
Support is the one role I can't play. I can not play any support well other than Annie. The only other role I can't play more than 4 champions in is ADC, where I can only play Ashe and Vayne.
For top I have Aatrox, Riven, Rengar, Wukong, Nasus, Olaf, Gangplank, Garen, Jax, and Tryndamere
For jungle I have Aatrox, Rengar, Kha'Zix, Wukong, Olaf, Xin Zhao, Shaco, Jarvan IV, Jax, Amumu, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Nidalee, Nunu, Pantheon, Rammus, Shyvana, Udyr, Vi, and Warwick
For mid I have Talon (What a surprise), Annie, LeBlanc, Katarina, Lux, and Nidalee
For support I have Annie
For ADC I have Ashe and Vayne.

Now, those aren't the only champions I own, those are just the ones I know how to play well enough to not feed with them.
My best overall champions are Aatrox, Talon, Riven, and Rengar. I have my level 5 mastery on Aatrox and Riven is starting to get there. I kinda dropped Talon, but I can still play him if I need to. The meta just does not fit Talon very well and I find it very hard to play him in this meta.
Every champion I own:
Spoiler:

How every other division sees Bronzes:
Silver: I'm a MILE above them! (When in reality they're just as bad. They've just played more.)
Gold: BRONZIES SUCK LMAO! (When the only real difference is slight mechanical skill.)
Platinum: I'm a psyducking god at this game. I'm out of low elo. (I'm sorry to break your hopes and dreams, but plat is "Mid" elo. And you still suck. Plat isn't that good.)
Diamond: They suck dick. (Yes, we do, thanks for stroking your ego buddy.)
Master & Challenger: They're new to the game. They need to play more. (Thanks for not being a dick about it and seeing my rank for what it truly is.)

I'm sorry, but Silvers and Golds that think you're a million times better than a Bronzes, you're still muk too. Gold is still low elo. Silver is no better than Bronze. I'm a Bronze and I the only thing holding me back from rising is mechanical skill. I probably have more game knowledge than most Golds. I just have issues learning mechanical skill.

So far I've been playing League of Legends for a year and a half and only started taking rank "seriously" this season, so my knowledge might not be the greatest.

Tbh I got out of "Elo Hell", as some call it by playing support. It was one of my main roles and no one seemed to like it so I played it more than anything. Lulu happens to be my favorite support because of her polymorph(I call it a silence, same stuff), and her amazing kit. Got an Udyr on your team or someone with nice chase? Speed buff them and attach pix and slow your enemies. Enemy has an assassin? Polymorph and ult whoever they jump on. Aside from support you'll see me play mid Azir quite often. Sometimes I play Vel'Koz and switch between the two. Azir's kit is probably the best I've encountered in the game in terms of mechanics and usage. I've manage to retain above a 3.00 KDA and around a %56 win rate with him at about 80+ games.

My top lane and jungle is probably my worst role as I can't play fighters very well so for top lane I use Kennen. With the right comp he actually works quite well. (Orianna, Kennen, Sejuani/Amumu/x/x). I actually managed to ask my team for us to build a comp and won those games because of us using the comp properly. (This was mostly in gold)

As of right now these are my current stats

It took me 6 days(About 40 or so wins. I did it in under 100 wins) to get out of SIlver 5 to gold 5 and about a month(Around 110 wins or so) to get from gold 5 to plat 5, mind you I didn't put too much effort into gold as I have achieved my primary goal, but getting out of gold seemed way too easy.

As a final note, one thing that I do when I play support is make the shot calls for the team. Soo many times I've seen free Barons and I had to speak up for the team and tell them what to do. Also I remain as positive as possible. I try to be as kind as I can to people and not question their mistakes too much as it would probably put them on tilt. This actually led me to become a kind League of Legends player towards people.

Last edited:

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
Years
Support is the one role I can't play.
I didn't have the freedom to pick whatever role I wanted when I was first learning (side from playing Annie versus bots in custom games) because all of my friends had been playing for nearly a year before I bit the bullet and decided to pick it up (right at the end of S3, after the Trundle lore and visual update. I literally missed out on the Traditional Trundle skin by a matter of days T_T Aside from Lulu, Trundle is by far my favorite Champion T_T), so they all had a pretty firm idea of what their favorite roles were. Eventually I got to actually like playing support, probably when I eventually bought Lulu. Plus, the realization that nobody has any justification for bitching at you as support if you ward and save your ADC about half the time. Just do those things, bare minimum, and you can do whatever the fuck else you want, champion choice included :D

Lulu happens to be my favorite support because of her polymorph(I call it a silence, same stuff), and her amazing kit. Got an Udyr on your team or someone with nice chase? Speed buff them and attach pix and slow your enemies. Enemy has an assassin? Polymorph and ult whoever they jump on.
As a final note, one thing that I do when I play support is make the shot calls for the team. Soo many times I've seen free Barons and I had to speak up for the team and tell them what to do. Also I remain as positive as possible. I try to be as kind as I can to people and not question their mistakes too much as it would probably put them on tilt. This actually led me to become a kind League of Legends player towards people.
Greetings, fellow Lulu support. Polymorph is such a ridiculous ability, in particular. Definitely the spell I use most on Lulu. And her ult works sooo well with tanky engage champs.
And as far as shot calling goes, I've found that I ended up in that role back when I was able to play on the regular. I usually was calling shots in all of my Solo Queue games, because in Bronze/Silver, the only keys people know are QWER, DF and maybe 6, if I'm lucky.

Last edited:

Talon

Years
No joke, the best way to climb is to play jungle, find the person on tilt or the person who has lost a lot of games on the enemy team or just did really bad in their last game, and camp the fuck out of them. It will make them extremely mad and start raging and maybe afk. It's cheap, but it works.

Years
I think Varus is pretty broken right now. Out of the 15 games I've played as him, I've only lost 1 game. One of those wins was also a 3v5, they surrendered after I 1v5 pentakilled their team, while my other teammates splitpushed the side lanes.

Seriously, if none of you have picked up Varus, you are missing out.
b4abd83dbe.jpg

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
i am really new and only level 7. I played for like a month last year, but quit until now. I only play a couple games every couple days with my roommate, so I dont really play seriously lol. And I suck.

However, my favorite is Renekton, and I have the prehistoric skin for him because he is super cool! Any tips for builds?

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
Years
Renekton is a huge lane bully, but doesn't do much in teamfights. The purpose of that Champion is to get so far ahead in your own lane while causing the other laner to fall behind just as much, and hopefully that will compensate for the lack of presence you have late game.

At least, I think that's the idea behind him. I haven't played in months. That's what he was in S3.

As for items, Black Cleaver should still be a good choice on him, along with Ravenous Hydra. After those two items, just build tanky. Get a Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, and Warmog's and you'll be golden. I dunno kind of boots most people build on him, but I personally go for Boots of Swiftness (with Alacrity enchantment, obviously. Gotta go fast) or Boots of Lucidity, regardless the champion I'm playing.

All of that is said having never played Renekton, only against him. I'm a support main fo' life.

Back