• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leak and rumor discussion.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So have there been any new rumors/'leaks'?

Yep, from none other than the Chinese leaker himself:

Spoiler:

It also correlates with this supposed leak I posted before:

Spoiler:

And there's this tweet too:

https://twitter.com/JynxClub/status/923195553134944256

I know what you mean. I am sick of Kanto getting thrown in my face. Yes, it is the first region to be made but it does not mean that we need constant pandering.

I rather see Sinnoh references. Seeing characters like Riley or Crasher Wake.

Yeah, I honestly don't see what is so special about Kanto, why not any other region? I'm hoping for more Kalos references, or maybe sinnoh. And maybe Johto Alola forms also.

Have you two read the recent Chinese leaks? All of the previous evil organizations are coming back, not just Team Rocket.

Years
So if all the evil teams are back, did Team Aqua or Team Magma take over Hoenn? Or are they from two separate Hoenns where Aqua won one and Magma won the other? {XD}

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
So if all the evil teams are back, did Team Aqua or Team Magma take over Hoenn? Or are they from two separate Hoenns where Aqua won one and Magma won the other? {XD}
I'm curious about that too xD. Or if their world is basically like that of Emerald and both are still duking it out for supreme control xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Man, all this talk about alternate universes where the bosses achieved their agendas has me wish Cyrus becomes this series' Heaven Ascended DIO (for those who haven't played JJBA: Eyes of Heaven, he's from an alternate universe where he has achieved his goal of reaching Heaven, which was shown in Star Ocean).

Years
Man, all this talk about alternate universes where the bosses achieved their agendas has me wish Cyrus becomes this series' Heaven Ascended DIO (for those who haven't played JJBA: Eyes of Heaven, he's from an alternate universe where he has achieved his goal of reaching Heaven, which was shown in Star Ocean).

I would like to see how such a Cyrus would look like xD. Maybe he'll have an Arceus ring floating behind him...

I actually have a difficult time seeing him working with Giovanni or any of the others...

What would be interesting is if the Alt-Cyrus turns out to be the Cyrus from the main line games to arrive at an alternate version of DPPt Sinnoh and knew what to do to prevent his plan from being stopped this time...

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
There is talk of there being no new alola forms. I think it is likely. Seems a bit late to reveal any now. I am not that upset by it to be honest.

Years
I'm curious about that too xD. Or if their world is basically like that of Emerald and both are still duking it out for supreme control xD

Oh man I haven't played Emerald in so long I completely forgot about that. It'd be funny if Team Rocket calls them all and Archie and Maxie are just glaring at each other the entire time instead of working with the other leaders.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There is talk of there being no new alola forms. I think it is likely. Seems a bit late to reveal any now. I am not that upset by it to be honest.

There's actually a hint from the Chinese leaker that we are indeed getting new Alolan forms (it mentioned a Gen I Grass/Poison type getting one).

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Have you two read the recent Chinese leaks? All of the previous evil organizations are coming back, not just Team Rocket.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that what the "Rainbow Rocket" thing is? To have all the older team leaders join together under the name "Rocket" is blatant gen 1 pandering because honestly, a lot of the villains' personalities circles around their pride of being the center of their own teams. Characters like Lysandre and Ghetsis--I would never imagine them abandoning their team name for the sake of joining with other villains.

Then there's the issue of worldbuilding consistency. SM/USUM clearly take place after all the other main series games because Grimsley's concept art is titled "two years after [B2W2]." So for the all the older villainous team leaders to appear, what does that imply? Okay, they can throw all theories of Lysandre dying out the window (but poor Sycamore, guess the player defeating Lysandre didn't "save" him after all!) to make him appear here; same with Giovanni. Alright, sure, Platinum doesn't exist, Cyrus isn't trapped in the Distortion World, that's fine. The Shadow Triad said Ghetsis is completely incapacitated? Uhh.... they lied! Yeah! He's totally fine and absolutely willing to join other villains despite being the most hubris-inflated villain in the series!

Maxie and Archie... repented? And... gave up their ways of being a villain? Oh uh... w-we can ignore that...!

What? We actually followed Colress's lore and had him appear in SM as a good guy already? So Maxie and Archie appearing as villains can't be justified at all?! Oh shoot...

Yeah, this idea of "Rainbow Rocket" just screams "bad fanfiction" to me. I know that the narrative of the main games hasn't been as good since gen 5, but still, they've worked hard on their lore and world-building, to the point where they basically turned the series into a "Zelda timeline" for the sake of not letting ORAS completely retcon RSE. This would destroy literally years worth of world-building, and for what?

I'd rather Team Rocket be working alone and see characters like reformed Maxie and Archie in the Battle Tree.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
There's actually a hint from the Chinese leaker that we are indeed getting new Alolan forms (it mentioned a Gen I Grass/Poison type getting one).

Is it that same one leaker that posted the fully evolutions of gen 7 starters and Mallow? There was an interview online that said there be no new alola forms in USUM.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that what the "Rainbow Rocket" thing is? To have all the older team leaders join together under the name "Rocket" is blatant gen 1 pandering because honestly, a lot of the villains' personalities circles around their pride of being the center of their own teams. Characters like Lysandre and Ghetsis--I would never imagine them abandoning their team name for the sake of joining with other villains.

Then there's the issue of worldbuilding consistency. SM/USUM clearly take place after all the other main series games because Grimsley's concept art is titled "two years after [B2W2]." So for the all the older villainous team leaders to appear, what does that imply? Okay, they can throw all theories of Lysandre dying out the window (but poor Sycamore, guess the player defeating Lysandre didn't "save" him after all!) to make him appear here; same with Giovanni. Alright, sure, Platinum doesn't exist, Cyrus isn't trapped in the Distortion World, that's fine. The Shadow Triad said Ghetsis is completely incapacitated? Uhh.... they lied! Yeah! He's totally fine and absolutely willing to join other villains despite being the most hubris-inflated villain in the series!

Maxie and Archie... repented? And... gave up their ways of being a villain? Oh uh... w-we can ignore that...!

What? We actually followed Colress's lore and had him appear in SM as a good guy already? So Maxie and Archie appearing as villains can't be justified at all?! Oh shoot...

Yeah, this idea of "Rainbow Rocket" just screams "bad fanfiction" to me. I know that the narrative of the main games hasn't been as good since gen 5, but still, they've worked hard on their lore and world-building, to the point where they basically turned the series into a "Zelda timeline" for the sake of not letting ORAS completely retcon RSE. This would destroy literally years worth of world-building, and for what?

I'd rather Team Rocket be working alone and see characters like reformed Maxie and Archie in the Battle Tree.

It's been confirmed in-game that multiple universes exist; if this Team Rainbow thing is happening, the antagonists may not be the ones we defeated in our canon games, but perhaps from other alternate realities. And besides, I think these games were stated in the Famitsu interview(or whichever recent one) to be a culmination of almost everything they worked on in the past 20 years... so it's not like it's a horrible idea at all.

Years

The rumor says that they come from alternate worlds in which they won. So these aren't necessary the ones we're familiar with (only one I can see being the one we're familiar with is Cyrus who could've traveled through space-time somehow and done things to prevent the interruptions. The rest wouldn't make sense as none of them traveled to another dimension).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
It's been confirmed in-game that multiple universes exist; if this Team Rainbow thing is happening, the antagonists may not be the ones we defeated in our canon games, but perhaps from other alternate realities. And besides, I think these games were stated in the Famitsu interview(or whichever recent one) to be a culmination of almost everything they worked on in the past 20 years... so it's not like it's a horrible idea at all.
They said the same thing about SM and neither it nor USUM seem to have any sort of reference to gen 2. At least a plain vanilla Team Rocket return could potentially include the gen 2 Rocket Admins.

And the whole alternate reality thing is canon, yes. But it would be... weird to see a Ghetsis/Cyrus/etc. that doesn't act like himself, in all honesty.

The rumor says that they come from alternate worlds in which they won. So these aren't necessary the ones we're familiar with (only one I can see being the one we're familiar with is Cyrus who could've traveled through space-time somehow and done things to prevent the interruptions. The rest wouldn't make sense as none of them traveled to another dimension).
Worlds where they won? Okay so is Hoenn... okay? Does even Hoenn exist? Unova is encased in ice?

If they won, why are they even bothering to join forces with other teams? If they failed and were desperate, that's still kinda out of character but I could see it. But if they won? Their regions are probably in post-apocalyptic shambles. They have absolutely no reason to join forces with anyone because they themselves are an unstoppable force. They'd be more likely to attack each other to gain total world supremacy.

...Actually no they wouldn't. If they all won, the entire world would have been blown to smithereens thanks to Lysandre!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019

Well written !

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I just hope the Gen I Grass/Poison Pokemon they're talking about getting the Alola Form is the Oddish Line

I mean there are only three Pokemon lines that fit this bill, Bulbasaur, Oddish, and Bellsprout, and if Bulbasaur is one, the other Kanto starters should have been mentioned, not it's typing alone.

I s2g if it's Bellsprout, I'm going to be disappointed, especially since the Oddish line is one of the most perfect lines that shouldve been in Alola in the first place. Besides, if we're seeing Gen 2, it would be one of the perfect lines to do it since it has Bellossom, AND WE ALL KNOW BELLOSSOM NEEDS THIS UPGRADE (i mean srsly this is the only Pokemon in the entire dex that loses its secondary typing)

Back