• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leak and rumor discussion.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
And the whole alternate reality thing is canon, yes. But it would be... weird to see a Ghetsis/Cyrus/etc. that doesn't act like himself, in all honesty.

To be fair, a big reason for seeing characters acting differently in alternative realities is because it would be weird. It's like having an out of body experience or stepping into the Twilight Zone.

I don't see why it's necessarily a bad thing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
To be fair, a big reason for seeing characters acting differently in alternative realities is because it would be weird. It's like having an out of body experience or stepping into the Twilight Zone.

I don't see why it's necessarily a bad thing.
I think for those villains we like them because of their villainous nature. A character like Cyrus or Ghetsis, who never redeemed themselves and continued to be evil... I don't think their fans would want to see a kindhearted, submissive version of those characters. They'd want to see them "in-character" in cameos.

I just hope the Gen I Grass/Poison Pokemon they're talking about getting the Alola Form is the Oddish Line

I mean there are only three Pokemon lines that fit this bill, Bulbasaur, Oddish, and Bellsprout, and if Bulbasaur is one, the other Kanto starters should have been mentioned, not it's typing alone.

I s2g if it's Bellsprout, I'm going to be disappointed, especially since the Oddish line is one of the most perfect lines that shouldve been in Alola in the first place. Besides, if we're seeing Gen 2, it would be one of the perfect lines to do it since it has Bellossom, AND WE ALL KNOW BELLOSSOM NEEDS THIS UPGRADE (i mean srsly this is the only Pokemon in the entire dex that loses its secondary typing)
Oddish would be a strong contender for an Alolan form, mainly due to Bellossom. Bellossom could use the alternation competitively (perhaps Grass/Fairy?) and could get a cute makeover. Maybe some brighter colors and a lei, with some different types of flowers on its head?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I think for those villains we like them because of their villainous nature. A character like Cyrus or Ghetsis, who never redeemed themselves and continued to be evil... I don't think their fans would want to see a kindhearted, submissive version of those characters. They'd want to see them "in-character" in cameos.

Kindhearted? Where did that come from? There's nothing in the RR discussions and rumors/leaks that suggest any such character change.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Kindhearted? Where did that come from? There's nothing in the RR discussions and rumors/leaks that suggest any such character change.

I already explained why I felt the older team leaders appearing and being perfectly content to basically be demoted into glorified Admins of Team Rocket was out of character. The only way it could be "in character" is if these supposed "alternate universe versions" had... well, a very significant character change. Not necessarily kindhearted, that was just an example--but still it would be very weird to see them in such a different way, I think. Whether it be kindhearted when they're actually cruel, or submissive when they're very aggressive, or any other way. The idea that the previous team leaders are going to appear as Team Rocket Admins, to me, feels just as wrong.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I already explained why I felt the older team leaders appearing and being perfectly content to basically be demoted into glorified Admins of Team Rocket was out of character. The only way it could be "in character" is if these supposed "alternate universe versions" had... well, a very significant character change. Not necessarily kindhearted, that was just an example--but still it would be very weird to see them in such a different way, I think. Whether it be kindhearted when they're actually cruel, or submissive when they're very aggressive, or any other way. The idea that the previous team leaders are going to appear as Team Rocket Admins, to me, feels just as wrong.

You know, it is possible that the 'Team Rocket summoning them' part is similar to how Hoopa summoned the legendaries in OrAs. The villains might still keep their normal personalities and battle the player in parts of Ultra Space or something as they are unaware of what in the world is going on and the kid with the Solgaleo/Lunala could be their ticket back home...

Last edited:
Years
I genuinely wonder what kind of persuasive techniques Giovanni used in order to coerce people like Ghetsis and Lysandre to join forces with him. Even Cyrus is a far cry; I don't see him joining forces with anybody. The dude backstabbed his own team; as far as I'm concerned, Cyrus is the captain of his own ship and he's sailing solo.

Archie and Maxie? Maybe, if Giovanni got into their heads enough about wanting to resurrect the goals of Aqua/Magma and tying that to Team Rocket's goals (as odd as that would be). Still rather unlikely though.

As manipulative a character as Giovanni is, it's worth taking into consideration whether his personality would really mesh well with the personality of other villains to really make this supposed alliance work out in the first place. And it's worth asking why and how Giovanni would still be the person "in charge" of this entire operation and giving orders. I genuinely can't imagine any former team leader answering to Giovanni, as that would feel extremely out of character, even for people like Archie and Maxie.

Years
I genuinely wonder what kind of persuasive techniques Giovanni used in order to coerce people like Ghetsis and Lysandre to join forces with him. Even Cyrus is a far cry; I don't see him joining forces with anybody. The dude backstabbed his own team; as far as I'm concerned, Cyrus is the captain of his own ship and he's sailing solo.

Archie and Maxie? Maybe, if Giovanni got into their heads enough about wanting to resurrect the goals of Aqua/Magma and tying that to Team Rocket's goals (as odd as that would be). Still rather unlikely though.

As manipulative a character as Giovanni is, it's worth taking into consideration whether his personality would really mesh well with the personality of other villains to really make this supposed alliance work out in the first place. And it's worth asking why and how Giovanni would still be the person "in charge" of this entire operation and giving orders. I genuinely can't imagine any former team leader answering to Giovanni, as that would feel extremely out of character, even for people like Archie and Maxie.

Maybe he only took their admins but not the leaders...
Meaning we'll see the sages instead of Ghetsis and such xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Real talk, when I hear the idea of all the villainous team leaders joining together in a completely out-of-character fashion under the name "Team Rocket," complete with the Grunts dressed in classic Rocket uniforms, it just screams to me "shoehorn in older teams while also subconsciously stating that Rocket is the best evil team," which rubs me in the most wrong way possible. Like Giovanni is somehow better than all the other team leaders because he managed to pull this all off.

Years
Maybe he only took their admins but not the leaders...
Meaning we'll see the sages instead of Ghetsis and such xD

That might actually make more sense than the leaders, especially when it comes to Archie and Maxie. They already have the rivalry between each other. Would they be willing to put it aside to work with Giovanni and the others? It might be easier to have the admins working together than those two.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
If this whole thing is true, I think it would be likely that they'll make Maxie and Archie version-exclusive. I see Maxie for Ultra Sun and Archie for Ultra Moon.

Years
If this whole thing is true, I think it would be likely that they'll make Maxie and Archie version-exclusive. I see Maxie for Ultra Sun and Archie for Ultra Moon.

Though they at one point did work together (there's a mention of this in OmegaRuby, forget which part exactly. Think it was a grunt who mentioned it) in their youth as part of the same team... so perhaps it'll be like old times again? xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It just occurred to me that since the preload for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is now available, and it's 3.7GB (so presumably it's the whole game) that means we'll probably get a data leak soon.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think we can confirm that the one leak is real. Everything single thing that has been said has been accurate.

That means, we will probably also have the Alolan Kanto Pokemon that is originally a Grass/Poison. Since it probably isn't Bulbasaur line. That indicates that we will be getting at least Alolan Vileplume or Alolan Victrebell.

Years
I'm not sure if this would be worth discussing, but the cover of a Japanese Pok?mon data file was posted. It showed some of the new Pok?mon that would be added to the Alolan Pok?dex. It showed that Buneary, Lopunny, Zorua, Zoroark and Furfrou were added between Ariados and Pichu. It also showed that Mime Jr., Mr. Mime, Ekans, Arbok and Dunsparce were added between Muk and Growithe. Murkrow and Honchkrow were shown to replace Misdreavus and Mismagius on the Melemele Pok?dex. Noibat and Noivern were shown between Crobat and Diglett. Flab?b?'s line was shown between Ribombee and Petilil. Smoochum and Jynx were shown between Golduck and Magikarp. Seel and Dewgong were shown between Whiscash and Machop. Mawile was shown added between Sableye and Rockruff. Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Remoraid, Octillery, Mantyke and Mantine were added between Cloyster and Bagon. The final change noted in the guide was that Mareep's line was added between Sylveon and Mudbray. What do you think of some of these additions to the Alolan Pok?dex.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
It just occurred to me that since the preload for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is now available, and it's 3.7GB (so presumably it's the whole game) that means we'll probably get a data leak soon.

Numerous people on Twitter have been saying that for somebody to hack the pre-load of these games would be impossible, Joe Merrick being one of them.

Last edited:

Years
Numerous people on Twitter have been saying that for somebody to hack the pre-load of these games would be impossible, Joe Merrick being one of them.

Attempting to do so likely causes the device to brick, or at least I would imagine.

Well, we're 11 days away from release. So if someone manages to do it, hopefully they won't do so until after the 10th so that we can at least get that final piece of news without fearing spoilers.

Back