• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leak and rumor discussion.

Years
  • Literally just to words "Gangster Form Salazzle" make me lol and scream fake..

I do like the idea of Alolan Snubbul and Slugma, though the ability for Granbull seems dumb - out of all its weaknesses only Flying types are likely going to make physical contact, and Slugma's ability is dumb too, and no mention of Alolan Magcargo?. "Alolan Quillfish" is a fan idea that's been circulating around for years now, (much like Coconut!Shuckle), I doubt they're going to implement such a widespread fan idea into the game.

EDIT: sorry! Not trying to be negative, I just like trying to debunk leaks.

Couldn't agree more man. I love the idea of Alolan Slugma (and Magcargo I guess?) as he's one of my favorite Pokemon, but IDK how I feel about the roles of Lillie and Gladion. Hau is fine, but I just feel like the new roles would almost change their characters in this "leak" (I'm probably getting a little too worried about it though lol). I think it's fake and I really hope it is. If it's real, then I hope at least a good story will come out of these characters' new roles.

pkmin3033

I wouldn't believe in a male-only Salandit evo unless I saw it anyway; there are plenty of Pokemon that have gender-specific forms, and it wouldn't be the first time a Pokemon would only evolve if a specific gender. It'd be a weird thing to introduce in the middle of the generation.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Yeah. There is not going to be a male evolution of salandit or male form of salazzle. Salazzle is made to be female only just like Vespiquen.

Years
  • Salazzle is based on a whiptail lizard, some of which are female-only species. I think according to Bulbapedia it's in particular based on a New Mexico whiptail which I recall are only female. That explains why only female Salandit evolve and likely why I can't see a male counterpart happening until a new generation happens.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Zeiro;9717922[spoiler said:
    ]Literally just to words "Gangster Form Salazzle" make me lol and scream fake..

I do like the idea of Alolan Snubbul and Slugma, though the ability for Granbull seems dumb - out of all its weaknesses only Flying types are likely going to make physical contact, and Slugma's ability is dumb too, and no mention of Alolan Magcargo?. "Alolan Quillfish" is a fan idea that's been circulating around for years now, (much like Coconut!Shuckle), I doubt they're going to implement such a widespread fan idea into the game.

EDIT: sorry! Not trying to be negative, I just like trying to debunk leaks.
    [/b][/spoiler]

Had a look at the video and all those ideas for new Pokemon forms sound terrible. Giving two Alolan Pokemon new forms with dark type seems overkill as we got three dark Alolan forms last time. Ice type Slugma seems underwhelming too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Okay, it seem CoroCoro has leak this

Spoiler:

Years
  • Okay, it seem CoroCoro has leak this

Spoiler:

Your link is broken. I shall share the pic Serebii ripped from the cover below.

corocoro917.jpg

It appears to be red, though lighter shade than the Midnight Form. Its eyes also seem to be green.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Can't wait for the new form(s) of Lycanroc.
    Remember that someone leaked they have 4 forms before Sun & Moon were released? Would be true afterall, I guess?

Lycanroc-line is easily one of my most favourite line in Pokemon now, I am highly anticipating new things!

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Looks like the chance of an alternate form of Lycanroc has increased. I wait for further confirmation to be absolutely sure.

pkmin3033

If that indiscriminate blur IS a new Lycanroc, I would expect another one...it looks like a Midnight-form recolour of the Midday-form. So perhaps the reverse would exist as well?

Years
  • If that indiscriminate blur IS a new Lycanroc, I would expect another one...it looks like a Midnight-form recolour of the Midday-form. So perhaps the reverse would exist as well?

The red on this Lycanroc is a lighter shade than Midnight Form's dark red. Also, the eyes are green which is different from the existing forms having blue and red eyes for Midday and Midnight respectively.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The red on this Lycanroc is a lighter shade than Midnight Form's dark red. Also, the eyes are green which is different from the existing forms having blue and red eyes for Midday and Midnight respectively.

Yeah, it is lighter and has green eyes :). The green eyes were the first thing I noticed. It follows their RGB theme for trio coloring :). Which is sometimes RBY.

The rumors only mentioned a third form of Lycanrock, but if there were a fourth one, I'll like it to have yellow eyes xD

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yeah, it is lighter and has green eyes :). The green eyes were the first thing I noticed. It follows their RGB theme for trio coloring :). Which is sometimes RBY.

The rumors only mentioned a third form of Lycanrock, but if there were a fourth one, I'll like it to have yellow eyes xD

Actually:

Spoiler:

Pokénchi is also, with Shigeru Ohmori, supposed to be having the first new tomorrow, which would support the rumor that said we would be getting a trailer on the 6th of August.

Can't wait for the new form(s) of Lycanroc.
    Remember that someone leaked they have 4 forms before Sun & Moon were released? Would be true afterall, I guess?

Lycanroc-line is easily one of my most favourite line in Pokemon now, I am highly anticipating new things!

I believe, as well as a few others, that some of the leaks were indeed for USUM instead of SM. Our main leaker, the Chinese Riddler, was right on almost all aspects, but a part of his leaks didn't come out. If I recall, he even said that he may have been looking at an earlier version.

I am not saying we will get everything he was missing, but it may be something to look at. Perhaps instead of the Kanto Pokemon, they changed them to Johto pokemon like some leaks are saying now.

I for one am all for the possibility of Ice Typed Slugma and Macargo! I love Ice types!

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Actually:

Spoiler:

Pokénchi is also, with Shigeru Ohmori, supposed to be having the first new tomorrow, which would support the rumor that said we would be getting a trailer on the 6th of August.

Yup it sure does :).

I want that rumor to be true xD

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I would not believe in that Alolan Slugma and others leak. It seems to fake in my opinion. The 6th probably focus on Lycanroc or a repeat of the trailer we saw in Direct.

Back