• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leak and rumor discussion.

Years
The 26th today, and this is supposed to be a significant day for some reason? Guess we'll see, although I won't hold my breath.

I still haven't seen anything on the social media yet, so I'm doubting it. Usually I would expect Pokemon news flooding the social media if it gets revealed.

pkmin3033

I still haven't seen anything on the social media yet, so I'm doubting it. Usually I would expect Pokemon news flooding the social media if it gets revealed.
I admit it does seem highly unlikely, especially given the high number of rumours floating around in anticipation of something tangible, but...eh. Rumour discussion. Was just something I heard. xD

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
The thing about the 26th was that the Daisuki Club had revealed a "Mystery File" today, and it turned out to be a Lunatone distribution or something like that. What happened was the online community took it as upcoming USM news and blew it out of proportion.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
It is the 27th where i am. There is no USUM news. So the 26th was a bust. I never took it seriously in the first place.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
I know this is old news now, but I have a question about these rumors (versions of the same list from two different sites):

http://pokejungle.net/2017/06/12/rumor-ultra-sun-ultra-moon-details/

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?658343-Rumors-Leaks-Discussion-Thread

If these are actually true, I'm wondering about Rainbow specifically. Obviously that name would be a reference to Necrozma's prism, but also--it supposedly has old characters in it? Could this be a rework of Team Plasma? Team Plasma had Sages named after different colors, a boss whose name came from the word "colorless," and both "plasma" and "rainbows" have some connection to splitting things or breaking things apart... it could also explain why Colress is absent from the SM art book even though Grimsley is not. Seriously, why is Colress's new design not present in the art book when Grimsley's is, especially since Grimsely has even less of a role?

Also, it's clear that USUM will involve Solgaleo and Lunala fuzing with Necrozma. Team Plasma fused Reshiram/Zekrom with Kyurem, and while Ghetsis is the one who came up with that plan, Colress wouldn't just have gotten rid of all that research, right?

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Colress is unlikely to play a role. I don't really want him to either. I rather see a new character that SM introduce be involved with the legendaries.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
I agree with Alexander18 on wanting new characters rather than returning villains, but I would love for these leaks to be true. They sound so good...too good.

pkmin3033

I'm immediately skeptical of a massive uncredited info dump like this...especially from boards like that. If it pops up across multiple news sites then I'm more inclined to believe it than not, but...yeah.

I really hope we're not only getting Johto Alolan forms, and I wouldn't have thought GF would want to go down the whole "Let's make a fire-type an ice-type!" route again, so that Slugma thing...ehhhh.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'm immediately skeptical of a massive uncredited info dump like this...especially from boards like that. If it pops up across multiple news sites then I'm more inclined to believe it than not, but...yeah.

I really hope we're not only getting Johto Alolan forms, and I wouldn't have thought GF would want to go down the whole "Let's make a fire-type an ice-type!" route again, so that Slugma thing...ehhhh.

Alolan Slugma thing comes from 4chan, definitely fake. I don't like the idea of a ice type Slugma anyways because it's going to remain weak with its low stats and bad Ice typing and not improve.

I disagree that other regions should get Alola forms too. Kanto alolan forms had typings that weren't as common in the original games like Dragon, Ice and Ghost and typing that did not exist yet like Steel, Dark and Fairy. The Pokemon that were handed new Alolan forms were more of the weaker and less popular ones. And the ones who could benefit from those rare typings and helpful forms would be some Johto pokemon I believe, because they haven't gotten any attention or special treatment and deserve something at least. The Virtual Console release of Gold and Silver is also on the way too.

Years

Skip to 5:55 for the new leak because he's just recapping the merchandise leak we've already covered.

While that Ice-type Slugma may be absolute crap in battle, it would still be a neat design concept plus people do want some 2nd Gen Pokemon to get Alolan Forms, though I personally want Gens 3-6 to get some as well.

Years
I think that one thing that might make the Ice-type Slugma fake, at least according to me, is the fact that Slugma is the Lava Pokémon. With the exception of Hoopa, Pokémon that have different forms keep the same Pokédex category, so would it make sense for an Ice-type Slugma to be called the Lava Pokémon. Another bit of information that I also came up with might provide evidence for the speculated third Lycanroc. Rockruff has 3 abilities, Keen Eye, Vital Spirit and Steadfast. When Rockruff evolves into Midday Lycanroc, Vital Spirit is replaced with Sand Rush. When Rockruff evolves into Midnight Lycanroc, Steadfast is replaced with No Guard. I believe that this hypothetical 3rd Lycanroc will have Keen Eye replaced.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Wait... I think I'm missing where the new Lycanroc speculation is coming from? I wouldn't mind one but I wonder how it would evolve.

For some reason I'm not super hyped about potential leaks. I'm still gonna play USUM, but I don't expect them to be the best games ever. Honestly? I'm expecting a slightly different game as a cash grab. Kind of lost some faith in Nintendo after all the stuff they've been pulling with extra content for purchase and trying to get money; if they're involved, I have my doubts.

pkmin3033

There was coding in SM that might indicate a third Lycanroc form, I believe? Plus people are getting unusually hyped about an upcoming anime episode that focuses around Lycanroc or something.

It'd be nice if we DID get a trailer early August as there is some speculating, though. I doubt it'll have the same content - what was described is far too much, and has varying degrees of believability - but we should be due something relatively soon.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I don't buy the whole third form of lycanroc. We already got two forms that it can use for USUM. I don't see how it would become the third form when it already taken the day and night method.

pkmin3033

I'd be more inclined to believe in the third form rumours if there was only one game. But we have two, and Lycanroc's forms were previously version exclusive...doesn't make much sense to do away with that.

Not sure what it would look like, either. There are plenty of names they could give it, but it seems a tad inconsistent and weird, coding or no coding. At least for these games. There is every possibility it could get another form in a future instalment.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022

Skip to 5:55 for the new leak because he's just recapping the merchandise leak we've already covered.

Literally just to words "Gangster Form Salazzle" make me lol and scream fake..

I do like the idea of Alolan Snubbul and Slugma, though the ability for Granbull seems dumb - out of all its weaknesses only Flying types are likely going to make physical contact, and Slugma's ability is dumb too, and no mention of Alolan Magcargo?. "Alolan Quillfish" is a fan idea that's been circulating around for years now, (much like Coconut!Shuckle), I doubt they're going to implement such a widespread fan idea into the game.

EDIT: sorry! Not trying to be negative, I just like trying to debunk leaks.

Back