• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leak and rumor discussion.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I wouldn't call A-Greninja as mega evolution.

leaks so far seemed fake but I guess that's expected? Once we have a trailer drop, I think leaks/rumors will spread like wildfire again.

Years
That's what I'm thinking. Come to think of it, we don't even know the names of the new Legendary forms yet. I'm starting to think we may not hear anything until the beginning of August, which is fine by me.

We've only got 8 days left of the month, so I guess I'm going to come to the conclusion that news coverage will start in August. Like you, I do hope we get the term for the new Solgaleo and Lunala forms revealed soon.

jombii

Years
Necrozma-Sun, Necrozma-Moon

The thing I believe in the previous post is how the UBs will take more spotlight. That I can completely get behind with.

Years
>alola starters will receive mega stones and new ultra Z movies [same for other special pokemon]
>2 new ultra beasts
>29 new pokemon, of which 3 will be legendary/mythic
>the story focus more at ultra beast's and you will have to fight them during the game to stop necrozma [you cannot catch them until post game]
>pokemon amie/refresh is now even more advanced, and your interaction with the pokemon has been expanded
>sycamore will give us mystery egg with random shiny starter from past gens

No way. NO WAY. This is all too good to be true. There's no way.
And if it is, then wow. They really outdid themselves this time.

I definitely don't believe this one either. Anything that mentions new Pokemon is something I'm not going to take as legit, considering this is another 7th Gen game and not 8th Gen. The point about new Z-Moves I could see being something likely though.

Necrozma-Sun, Necrozma-Moon

The thing I believe in the previous post is how the UBs will take more spotlight. That I can completely get behind with.

That is definitely what I'm also thinking. Considering the "Ultra" in the titles, it should be implied the Ultra Beasts would play a larger role, and a great improvement on S/M's story where only Nihilego played importance to the plot.

jombii

Years
I definitely don't believe this one either. Anything that mentions new Pokemon is something I'm not going to take as legit, considering this is another 7th Gen game and not 8th Gen. The point about new Z-Moves I could see being something likely though.

That is definitely what I'm also thinking. Considering the "Ultra" in the titles, it should be implied the Ultra Beasts would play a larger role, and a great improvement on S/M's story where only Nihilego played importance to the plot.

It's also playing off the fact that it is subtly implied that Solgaleo and Lunala are UBs themselves. albeit the more normal looking ones.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I made it my belief to not believe in any leaks until true info is shown on official sites.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Hell
  • Seen Jul 23, 2017
Predictions for USUM

After reviewing several sources, such as the Japanese Pokémon website and the teaser trailer in the June 6 Nintendo Direct, these are the predictions I've formulated. Check out some YouTube videos exploring the Google Translated website for more info. A lot of this stuff may seem outlandish, but hear me out and let me know your thoughts. What are your personal predictions for USUM? Hopes?

- Time traveling through Ultra Wormholes to an ancient civilization of Alola where Nihilego attacked humans, as pictured in the teasers on the Pokémon Japanese website. How is this kind of travel possible? An Ultra Wormhole sucked in Professor Mohn and spat him out at what is now Poké Pelago. Perhaps time travel could be possible with Ultra Wormholes acting as a 4-D timeline to walk through.
- How could this ancient civilization be Alola from the past? Well, Sun and Moon take place in Alola, so it would only make sense to stay there. Also, it is important to note that Alola is unlike any other previous Pokémon regions. Alola has its own customs and traditions. They do not conform to the Pokémon Gyms and League style; they have trials and kahunas. So, in honoring the tradition of the Island Trial System, the Alolan people connect with their ancient people/civilization, much like Hawaiians do (since obviously Alola is based off of Hawaii). Plus, Ultra Beasts debuted in Alola. So perhaps Alola has been attacked multiple times in the past, thus summoning a need for Island guardian Pokémon like Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu.
- With the debate about mythical Pokémon across all generations on the Japanese Pokémon website, could Alola become a hub for getting to the bottom of these strange occurences? Famous trainers from other generations have already appeared in game, like Red, Blue, and Cynthia, so this wouldn't be surprising if other popular characters drop in to help.
- Is the Hex Girl's occult group going to be a major group in the games?
- Will the Aether Foundation be led by Gladion? Would he utilize the Foundation to find his father through further researching Ultra Wormholes? Will he seek the help of the occult group if he does?
- The conversation between the Hex Girl and Scientists make the Scientists seem like the bad guys in that they are so adamant about their positions to the point that it comes across as mean. Could scientists antagonists in this game?
- How do the Necrozma forms of Solgaleo and Lunala tie into this new information?
- Does Guzma have his own gym now? Do his ex-grunts act as trainers to battle in his Gym?
- Team Skull disbanded at the end of Sun and Moon. I don't think they'd come back together. Unless Guzma doesn't have a Gym, and he decides to band them back together for a good purpose. But I don't know what that would be.
- Japanese website says Necrozma is an "Ultra Beast-esque" Pokémon, implying that it is not an Ultra Beast at all. Much the same as when Nintendo or Pokémon tweeted about how the new Solgaleo and Lunala forms resembled the legendaries, but not stating that the new forms are in fact them. The website also comments on how Necrozma looks like it came from an ancient world. Perhaps, if my earlier theory is true, we will travel back in time to the ancient civilization which Necrozma is associated with. Perhaps it is a civilization that is another world entirely, as the entry about Necrozma suggests. Is it a parallel universe of Alola? Or merely the past? Finally, it ends the entry with one question: Will Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon reveal the Pokémon's true identity? So, Necrozma is not actually Necrozma? Or is it alluding to its role in the world?
- About supposedly new CoroCoro leaks of USUM: WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THE YOUNG BLONDE GIRL IS LILLIE?! I wouldn't say it is Lillie because the dress is stylized much the same as the dress we know Lusamine wears in Sun and Moon. It's obviously Lusamine as a little girl. The young Lusamine is also holding the Aether Foundation symbol attached to a stick. What is that thing? Could that be a key item in relation to Ultra Beasts, since we know Lusamine already did extensive research into Ultra Wormholes and Beasts? If you look closely, the Aether Foundation symbol actually kind of looks like Necrozma in its simplest form (even look at Necrozma/Solgaleo form's tail!). Could there be a relation? Also, could we travel back in time to meet a younger Lusamine? Could we meet other younger versions of characters like Kukui, Guzma, Hala, and the trial captains/kahunas? What would the purpose of this action be? What could possibly be so important in that point in time? Will we meet the original founder of the Aether Foundation? Or will we witness a young Lusamine form it herself and ask for her aid in research of Ultra Beasts for Gladion in the future?
- Z-rings probably get an upgrade or tweak. They're black instead of white now. And as we saw in the original teaser trailer from June 6, we can now turn the stone in our Z-rings to activate some new power. What will it be?
- Tiny flaw in artwork of the supposed CoroCoro leak. Male protagonist has a giant backpack, but the female protagonist doesn't have a bag or purse like she did in Sun/Moon. Silly mistake I'm sure...?
- The original forms of Solgaleo and Lunala have an eye on their forehead. When they are fused or whatever with Necrozma, the eye is replaced with a 2D colorful triangle. Do they change their type?

jombii

Years
I made it my belief to not believe in any leaks until true info is shown on official sites.

Yep. But you also need to learn how to discern a possible leak from an obv fake one lol. It's the only way to simulate discussion. :)

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Yep. But you also need to learn how to discern a possible leak from an obv fake one lol. It's the only way to simulate discussion. :)
True. Sometimes Serebii posts leaks on main page that later comes out as true. But i don't know. I think official reveal of news is best reliable.

Years
Pokebeach are speculating over whether there will be a Shiny Silvally (/Type:Null) event distribution. This is due to a TCG product of Shiny Silvally being released on the same date as the game. A Shiny card for Tapu-Koko was released to coincide with his current in-game event, so it's understandable to see their thought process. It could be cool going through the game with Silvally in my team, similar to having Victini early on in Black & White.

I wouldn't believe any leaks at this point given how little information GF has let out. The fact that it's mainly Youtubers circulating the leaked information makes me 100% sceptical because they're all just interested in their revenue.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
Years
Sounds silly and unlikely, also Megas for Gen 7 starters but not for 2, 4, 5, and Chesnaught and Delphox?

Yeah, exactly. Suddenly they just bring megas back? I mean, it'd be cool if it were true, but no love for the other starters? New Z moves does seem like the only likely thing--maybe I should have worded myself better, I don't believe those are legit in the slightest.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I came across this video, and apparently according to Joe Merrick on Twitter the information mentioned in the video is legit:

https://youtu.be/fYVpDQRbTbQ

So it looks like it's very possible we'll be getting USM news sometime around August 10th or a little before even. The SM trailers of each month usually dropped within the first week.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I doubt it. That video seems like mere speculation. I wouldn't buy into that. I rather see the official sites show news.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I doubt it. That video seems like mere speculation. I wouldn't buy into that. I rather see the official sites show news.

This conversation on Twitter heavily implies that the info in the video comes directly from a reliable source:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/889901085065965570

For those who don't quite get what he's saying, Joe would call BS on it if it was NOT from a reliable source. But in fact that this is from a reliable source. Joe knows his stuff when it comes to leaks, that's not an exaggeration.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
This conversation on Twitter heavily implies that the info in the video comes directly from a reliable source:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/889901085065965570

For those who don't quite get what he's saying, Joe would call BS on it if it was NOT from a reliable source. But in fact that this is from a reliable source. Joe knows his stuff when it comes to leaks, that's not an exaggeration.
I am not gonna believe that merchandise would reveal/indicate new info. Toys revealing/pointing towards new info for new games? I laugh at that. The only source i trust is official websites and when serebii puts new info on the main page.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The anime community has explode after the new episode title "S/M 37 :Rockruff and Guradian deity from ruin of life"
It seem there is a huge rumor about Lycanroc's third form debuting in the that episode.

jombii

Years
I am not gonna believe that merchandise would reveal/indicate new info. Toys revealing/pointing towards new info for new games? I laugh at that. The only source i trust is official websites and when serebii puts new info on the main page.

smh Joe Merrick is serebii. Also, if you can remember, Mareanie was revealed through tcg

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I know joe merrick is serebii. I still trust official sites over merchandise.

Official merchandise like this is pretty official, depending on what company it's coming from. It's true that there's a lot of places you can't trust, but at the same time there's sources that you can trust, like the one we're talking about right now which is Tomy Toys. They're based in Japan and do sell merchandise that is with the official Pokemon brand, so they're just about as official as Nintendo and Game Freak. I don't think I can stress that enough, you just need to learn how to distinguish between which sources are official and which ones are not.

In other news, the Pokemon Switch game is coming out in late 2018 or later, and that according to Nintendo there are not going to be any other core series Pokemon games between UltraSM and Pokemon Switch. So I guess that means no Gen 4 remakes for those of us who were hoping.

pkmin3033

Whilst I highly doubt a reveal would come from the anime now, given its sharp decline in popularity - and they would have saved it for the movie, I would have thought - I have to wonder, if Serebii is giving this credit, if there might not be something to it.

The 26th today, and this is supposed to be a significant day for some reason? Guess we'll see, although I won't hold my breath.

Back