• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I might be in the minority here, but I would hate to have a returning character as champion. I prefer new, original characters then seeing the same characters in every game. Cameos are great, it's cool to see people from older games in new games, but IMO it wouldn't make sense for a major character.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I don't have an issue with returning characters because while being innovative and having a fresh new region with every single character being new would be nice, it would be interesting to see exactly what ties past characters from past generations to Alola. Are they on vacation? Maybe they actually live there? Whichever the reason, really, it'd be nice to battle old favourites, especially for nostalgia reasons.

If nothing else, playing the nostalgia card is one hell of a tactic that's pretty effective.

I wouldn't mind it too, because Kalos only had Looker returning, and same with ORAS no special characters outside of Hoenn appeared, except for Looker again.

I'd be pretty happy with the champions returning with the S.S Anne, although I'd much prefer the PWT.

Also, since Alola is pretty much Hawaii I'd expect a lot of tourists, I could see a lot of characters coming here for vacation.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    If there really is going to be a returning character as champion, I betcha it's N.

Years
    I call that latest leak (the one Blue shared) fake since it said the Vulpix line is gaining Fairy-type when only Alolan Ninetales has it. Also, if they wanted to make existing Pokemon Fairy-types they should have done it during 6th Gen when the type itself was introduced.

Having a returning character as champion is also something I'm not keen on.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Yipee, another 4chan leak....

Spoiler:

I'm unsure if the image of the thread's opening post indicates if this leak is purposely fake to poke fun at the other 4chan leaks we've been seeing in the past couple of days. At it has a given date to learn if it is a joke leak.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    Alolan starters? That immediately makes it seem fake. We already got the original starters in XY, and having an Alolan Charizard that's dragon/fire would just make Mega Charizard X pointless.

Years
    I don't believe this one either, especially the Kanto starters' Alola Forms. I'm kinda sick of 1st Gen being shoved down my throat here, plus a Tapu guardian being Psychic/Ghost would be odd since I'm expecting all of them to be part Fairy.

Also, it brings up that starters with branched evolutions based on island rumor again. As much as it would be an interesting concept, it would go against the always-simple evolutions the starters always go through.

Years
    Spoiler:

TheOneIntegral has released a video where he breaks down on the four relevant leaks and what from them so far has been confirmed (green), false (red) and in doubt (yellow).

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I'm unsure if the image of the thread's opening post indicates if this leak is purposely fake to poke fun at the other 4chan leaks we've been seeing in the past couple of days. At it has a given date to learn if it is a joke leak.

Lord't, these are beginning to look less like leaks and more like predictions. Still, anything that involves ice/ghost snowman makes me want to believe!

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    "Bond Phenomenon" actually sounds like a name they would come up with if they were going to introduce Synchro evolution. Anyways I really doubt they'd put Synchro in the game, and if Ash-Greninja does make it in the game I think it might just be a weird special form thing for it.

Grass/Electric Venasaur makes absolutely no sense, like come on now. Also they already showed normal Charizard for Poke-Ride so that pretty much rules it out. I also don't think we'll get Kanto starters again this time since it would be weird if there's a Charizard just ready to be called on at all times yet it's not yours. MAYBE we'd get one post-game, but it just seems ridiculous to get them two generations in a row. I want to see the other starters get some love, especially the Johto ones, as I feel those are the ones most forgotten by Gamefreak.

I also think all the Tapu will be part Fairy type, it just makes sense for Guardian Pokemon. It's also silly how he's "leaking" all the future corocoro stuff and trailers, I'm sure gamefreak hasn't planned it all out yet, sometimes I bet they just go "show them this cool Pokemon!"

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Oops I just spent 3 hours reading over this thread.
    I went through and bookmarked all leaks and I'll be going back to them when new news is revealed to see what I can debunk..

With all that said, this Riddles leak thing is really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what more comes from it.

Years
    Remember we have to look back at the Big Four of the leaks when the Gamescon showcase happens tomorrow, in case if a new Pokemon might get revealed because I'm sure we'll try and see if it has a connection to one of the leaks.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    This means we'll probably either dive with Sharpedo or Lapras, or some other specific ride-able Pokemon if we're going to get a souped up version of Dive.

Well if we have a Pokemon for regular surfing (Lapras) and a Pokemon for breaking rocks while surfing (Sharpedo) we should be able to call another Pokemon for diving.

I think being able to grab on to a Starmie (like Misty in the anime) would be pretty neat.

Unless we just get snorkeling equipment...

blue

gucci
    Years
    Phoebe would be cool too, I can see how she would fit the theme. The prospect of an existing character as Champion of Alola is actually something I'd prefer to see rather than having a new character as Champion for some reason.

Years
    Phoebe would be cool too, I can see how she would fit the theme. The prospect of an existing character as Champion of Alola is actually something I'd prefer to see rather than having a new character as Champion for some reason.

One thing I noticed is that we haven't had a character revealed yet who gives off the "image" of a Champion. Hala was confirmed as a Kahuna, so he's out. People have been thinking it's Lillie but I don't think she'll be it. Maybe they won't reveal the Champion's identity until after the games are released or something.

blue

gucci
    Years
    One thing I noticed is that we haven't had a character revealed yet who gives off the "image" of a Champion. Hala was confirmed as a Kahuna, so he's out. People have been thinking it's Lillie but I don't think she'll be it. Maybe they won't reveal the Champion's identity until after the games are released or something.

Yeah, I'd prefer to find out the Champion in game rather than a reveal just before the games are released. When it was leaked that Diantha was the Kalos Champ a few days before X/Y released, I was really disappointed and felt like it spoiled a great portion of the game for me. The surprise of discovering a Champion on your own, even if it is someone who you suspected is much more exciting than finding out online before the games have even been released.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back