• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Speaking of the starter evos, I saw people here and elsewhere say the French Pokemon Twitter ACC teased starter evos? I had a quick glance over and couldn't see anything, can someone link me?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Guys get ready for Ash-Greninja and Synchro Evolution A.k.a Bond Phenomenon to be revealed tomorrow trust me my dad is Reggie. He also said he was the inspiration for Alola Regigigas so look out for that. Also starter evolutions or something.

Years
    Guys get ready for Ash-Greninja and Synchro Evolution A.k.a Bond Phenomenon to be revealed tomorrow trust me my dad is Reggie. He also said he was the inspiration for Alola Regigigas so look out for that. Also starter evolutions or something.

I really can't stand the thought of it being a thing in the games. Like what Angie said just above.

Years
    The bond, synchro etc thing just doesn't seem right in the Pokemon games and I seriously hope it doesn't happen. Ash-Greninja would make sense as an event giveaway, but I don't think something like that should actually become a game mechanic.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Ash-Greninja also doesn't make sense... Ash isn't even in the games. I don't even know why they introduced Ash-Greninja in the anime in the first place...

Years
    Ash-Greninja also doesn't make sense... Ash isn't even in the games. I don't even know why they introduced Ash-Greninja in the anime in the first place...

I believe the introduction of Ash Greninja to the anime was to show that it reached popularity levels of the most popular Pokemon, so basically around the same rank as Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo and Pikachu who are the biggest presence on the popularity table. Greninja also recently won a popularity poll in Japan, and appears as a playable character in Super Smash Bros 4 so you can see why he's now up there with those aforementioned four, so giving Ash's Greninja in the anime a special form adds to the Greninja fanservice.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    The bond, synchro etc thing just doesn't seem right in the Pokemon games and I seriously hope it doesn't happen. Ash-Greninja would make sense as an event giveaway, but I don't think something like that should actually become a game mechanic.

It really does tho... Gen 6 kinda laid the ground work with Pokemon amie. Depending on the bond with your Pokemon it did things like get rid of its status conditions and held on when it should've fainted. I hope they introduce because one it would make your starter competitive for tournaments and give you a reason to max out the bond of your Pokemon. It's a very awesome idea and I really hope it's true.

Years
    It really does tho... Gen 6 kinda laid the ground work with Pokemon amie. Depending on the bond with your Pokemon it did things like get rid of its status conditions and held on when it should've fainted. I hope they introduce because one it would make your starter competitive for tournaments and give you a reason to max out the bond of your Pokemon. It's a very awesome idea and I really hope it's true.

Yeah I liked the bonuses that came from spending time with your Pokemon in Amie, but getting an entirely new form (bearing in mind we already have Alola forms for SM) that resembles your character just seems a little strange to have in a Pokemon game.

Years
    Has that Snowman Pokemon been debunked? It's a shame if it has been, I was really hoping it was the real deal. D:

Not at this stage, but we know the snowman was mentioned in the Chinese leak which did predict Salandit, Pyukumuku and Morelull. The question will be if it will be revealed, and have Ice/Ghost-type like a leak mentioned.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    So I'm wondering, how many leaks were debunked with this new trailer reveal?

Doesn't seem like it really debunked anything, at least I doubt any of the big leaks are affected. I mean the artleaka said a trailer including the Pokemon they "leaked" would be coming soon next (this month) but they never said it would be in a Nintendo direct.

Didn't the chinese leak say that Alolan Rattata was pure Dark and not Dark/Normal though? It seems like the typings it gave us might be a bit questionable.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Doesn't seem like it really debunked anything, at least I doubt any of the big leaks are affected. I mean the artleaka said a trailer including the Pokemon they "leaked" would be coming soon next (this month) but they never said it would be in a Nintendo direct.

Didn't the chinese leak say that Alolan Rattata was pure Dark and not Dark/Normal though? It seems like the typings it gave us might be a bit questionable.

It was another leak I think that leaked Alolan Rattata saying it would be dark but they also said Alolan Ninetails would be Fire/Fairy

Years

One of these Big Four leaks does indeed mention Dark-type Rattata:
    Spoiler:

The "real leaks" leak (which is what it's referred to as) which initially dropped July 15th did mention a Dark-type Rattata which now seems to be real thanks to the reveal of Alolan Rattata. The new Rattata ended up being Dark/Normal instead of pure Dark, but they did sorta predict something right here, I guess.

They did also mention Ninetales (which was among the first confirmed Alola Forms) being Fire/Fairy while it was actually Ice/Fairy. They didn't exactly get the typing right, but they were right about the Fairy typing on it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

It was part two of the Chinese leak (the one where it leaked Bewear and Mimikyu's English names). The Rattata line retaining its Normal typing in addition to being part Dark has made me hope that the rumored Alolan Abra line happens to be Psychic/Fighting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back