• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    Battle Frontier returning seems much more likely than the PWT. It was kinda hinted at in ORAS despite Masuda saying how there's practically not enough demand for a facility like the Battle Frontier. Hopefully, there is one hidden somewhere on that map. I'd love a facility similar to the one from Emerald or Platinum.
    i hope its hidden in plain sight & scattered all around alola in places no one would expect and none can be seen or accessed until the end game with each one having to be sought out with a device like the item finder only on a grander scale essentially starting a second journey across the region

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The Riddler is just messing with us at this point. He's using his power to make us question everything and anything we've ever believed in up until now.

Specifically, he's after me. I don't know what I ever did to the guy to warrant this--I never even met 'em!--and yet he still taunts me... Every day, toying with my emotions like they're nothing...

Change your avatar, Riddler! How dare you play with me like this?!!

Seriously though I think the Riddler picking all these random leaks and saying "Oh how interesting" is just to mess with us.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The Riddler reposted the 4chan Leak posted a page or two ago, saying some of it is true, but he can't tell what for now. He said he'd tell us what is true in this leak when he's allowed to:

Spoiler:

This is the second leak, he backs up with the Battle frontier in it. I''m positive it's coming back now!

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    He backs up SOME PART of it, and won't tell which one...

The Riddler is just messing with us at this point. He's using his power to make us question everything and anything we've ever believed in up until now.

That could actually be true, but I don't know why he would mess with us like that, people will end up not believing him anymore...

blue

gucci
    Years
    The same thing happened when X/Y leaks were circulating. A list with some false info purposely thrown in was soon debunked whilst other parts of the leak were later confirmed to be real.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Welp
    Spoiler:

What? WHAT? WUT? I doesn't understood. xD GOD, what the hell is that leak even for XD Nice try buddy, nice try!

Wimpod being the new Magikarp/Feebas

Spoiler:

I kinda agree with the Ultra Beasts being uncatchable, since I also think they aren't Pokémon, so they aren't meant to be inside a Pokéball. I would love the Battle Frontier to make a comeback! It's such a funny Battle Facility, and makes the post-game much more enjoyable!
    I'm not sure why only gen 6 and 7's starters would have Z forms (If that's even a thing), what makes them so special for them to have Z forms? Why do the others not have those forms? .... I'm not buying Solgaleo and Lunana having a pre-evo, neither Alolan Fearow and Golduck being a thing, since some leak debunked that possibility. Also, why does he say the Ultra Beasts are the true evils of the game, and then says the Aether Foundation is evil? '-'
    AND OMG I WANT THAT WATER/DRAGON DOLPHIN, PLS GF MAKE IT HAPPEN!

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    He backs up SOME PART of it, and won't tell which one...

That could actually be true, but I don't know why he would mess with us like that, people will end up not believing him anymore...
    for the kicks obviously. well that & discrediting himself makes him less likely to get nintendo after him.
    besides, what do you expect from a riddler?
    Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    >UB's not being catchable, being the true enemies of the story

Eh. I personally wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the case. I already hesitate as it is to even classify them as real Pokemon. It would make sense that they exist for the sake of the plot and aren't catchable, really.

>Lillie's mother (Lusamine) studies hyperspatial Pokemon (UBs)

... In which they're apparently Pokemon from another dimension? But why don't we know their types or anything like that ?_? Very confusing. Not surprised if the relationship between Lusamine and Lillie does turn out to be that they're mother and daughter.
    Right? This is really weird to me. If you can't catch them because they're not Pokémon, that makes sense. But to explicitly call them Pokémon... I dunno. If it's not a Pokémon, you can't catch it. If it is, you can catch it. Nothing stopped players from catching Arceus, a literal god, so if these things are Pokémon, you should be able to catch them.

I mean, I wouldn't be upset if they weren't Pokémon, but if they were... There's gotta be some consistency.

> Chespin, Fennekin Froakie, Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Rockruff having Z-forms

Huh? What is this talking about? What do the Gen VI starters have to do with Z-forms? I'm very confused...
    Obligatory Ash-Greninja is what they're talking about. In my opinion, no thanks.

>Alolan Fearow, Nidos, Golduck, Golem, Rapidash, Muk, Weezing

Why is Weezing's name spelled wrong? Other than that... This is only a mildly disappointing list of possible Alola forms. Can't say I'm a fan of Fearow, and I'm probably not going to use Muk or Weezing, and I'm not a huge fan of Golem either, which leaves Nidos, Golduck, and Rapidash as the possible Alola forms to kind-of sort-of look forward to... assuming this is real at all.
    I think Famitsu confirmed no Alola Psyduck/Golduck if I remember correctly.

>Marshadow is Ghost/Fighting

There are so many leaks about what Marshadow is and what typing it is that I don't even know what to think at this point.
    Marshadow is Type:Null.

>Battle Frontier come back
    "Battle Frontier, come back!" I cry every night.

Serious response: That's actually the reason why when people say "the leaker put false info on purpose to weed out copy-cats" I can't really buy it; at that point what what part of the leak can you believe any more?

Joking(?) response: The reason is because he likes to watch us suffer. He certainly likes to watch me suffer, that's for sure.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I mean, Masuda did say that Character Customization was a Kalos only thing because of their fashion, not to mention XY saying that Mega Evolution was a special thing that only happens in Kalos, and both have come back or will be coming back in a game afterwards, so it's entirely possible the Battle Frontier could come back. I really want to believe that they didn't put it in ORAS simply because they didn't have time, and polishing the other aspects of the game were more important. Masuda just wanted to come up with a better answer than that, is all. It would be a real dick move after all that teasing in ORAS for the Battle Frontier to never make a return again. I'm not saying it has to be the Emerald one, but some kind of area with at least 5 Battle Facilities that I can spend 999 Hours on using my boxes of competitively bred and trained Pokemon from Gen 6 after I complete my adventure would be lovely.

Stop playing with my emotions, Game Freak and leakers.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Then how do you explain the Anabel riddle?

Are you saying Salandit's going to be a standalone Pokémon? There was another leak mentioning it having a gender split evolution.

It have been proven that the leakers are getting things wrong and probably on purpose. And I really really highly doubt they would have the same frontier brains.

And no I am not saying Saladit will be a stand alone. I think there will be a pre evolution of it. I think Saladit that we know is the male one.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    ^ That's why I'm conflicted over the whole Frontier thing coming back. What's going through my mind: is this really going to be the case? If it is, despite Masuda saying that it won't, then there's some weird issues going on here unless Ohmori thinks differently than Masuda and feels that a BF-like facility should be added, anyway.

I don't know, I have a lot of faith in Ohmori. Also funny thing to note is that the Battle Frontiers and PWT have all been in games that Masuda didn't direct. I love that guy but it's pretty odd how he never included some of the best parts of Pokemon games.

After a whole Generation of no decent battle facility other than the staple Battle Tower equivalent, I feel like we really deserve something in this game. It would be so disappointing if it didn't happen, because the main reason why I don't think it happened in Gen 6 was because a) ORAS was rushed and B) we didn't get a Third version to X/Y, where one would have likely showed up.

Of course, I need to be a little pessimistic, because I remember how hyped I was before the release of ORAS that I could go through the Battle Frontier again, until the leaks and datamines came out saying "No Battle Frontier, but the Battle Maison is back.... hooray?" until that heartbreaking moment when I beat the game only to see it was true. But god dammit Game Freak, this is your 20th Anniversary games, and they should really include features that appeal to every kind of Pokemon fans, which includes us Gen 3/4 Battle and post game content fanatics.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Riddle me this, Mr. Riddler. You say Colress will be back, but no PWT. But Colress was the final challenger of the only canon PWT tournament in B2W2. So when you add those two things together... it doesn't mean anything at all really but I'm going to pretend it does, and say that we will get the PWT and/or a Battle Frontier because of what that XY Hiker guy said about there being a cool facility in Alola! Yeah!

I'm not saying it has to be the Emerald one, but some kind of area with at least 5 Battle Facilities that I can spend 999 Hours
    That sounds like a... not very pleasant Battle Frontier we'd have. I have a feeling SHIFT Gear would be the best move in a place like that...

I just realized maybe you weren't intentionally making a reference so if not I apologize.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Riddle me this, Mr. Riddler. You say Colress will be back, but no PWT. But Colress was the final challenger of the only canon PWT tournament in B2W2. So when you add those two things together... it doesn't mean anything at all really but I'm going to pretend it does, and say that we will get the PWT and/or a Battle Frontier because of what that XY Hiker guy said about there being a cool facility in Alola! Yeah!

That sounds like a... not very pleasant Battle Frontier we'd have. I have a feeling SHIFT Gear would be the best move in a place like that...

I just realized maybe you weren't intentionally making a reference so if not I apologize.

Aha! Genius! PWT confirmed!

I have no idea what you're referencing.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Honestly, I just want the Battle Frontier or PWT to return because I was a dumb idiot in Emerald and BW2 and didn't participate in them LOL

I could never beat them in Emerald, I only managed to beat the Pike Queen (both Gold and Silver medals) and I could never beat the other ones because I was a dumb kid who didn't know what a Physical or Special attack was. In Platinum, I did better I think but I'm certain I didn't get them all, and I missed BW2 because I was a bit burnt out on Pokemon at that time, although I enjoy doing Rental battles on my new copy of White 2 that I bought from a store (But there's no Pokemon on this file except a few Luvdisc and a Bad Egg, what the hell man??).

If they're gonna keep making the games easy like XY, adding a Battle Frontier for us vets would be the least they could do for us.

Going back on the leaks, I would love to see an Alolan Fearow seeing as it doesn't get nearly as much love as Pidgeot (who is still mostly unloved, but at least he got a Mega!). I doubt it's going to happen though because we've seen it in a trailer before.
    Alolan Nido's would be super neat, as I love those lines a lot and they almost look like fighting types to me.

Someone was able to find SM's title IDs: https://twitter.com/smealum/status/775752813498347520

That means the demo may soon be upon us, and you know that means? A goldmine of data files to leak like ORAS's demo.

....Welp. Time to unlike all Pokemon fanpages. I would love to get a demo though, to clench my thirst for this game.

Better cross your fingers that Ohmori has different opinion than Masuda on it returning, otherwise...

Ohmori seems to have a better idea of what fans want than Masuda does at this point, to be honest. I think Masuda is aware of this and that's why he decided to take a backseat this time. I have a lot of faith. Battle Royals? Alolan Forms? Z-Moves? Sidequests? Deeper Story/Better characters? Poke Ride (and by further extension, possible removal of HMs)? He's doing a fantastic job so far

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back