• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favourite Gen VII Pokemon?

Zexonyte

Meteorite Piece
Years
  • I'm not big into Kommo-o. I don't really like the armored look of it. Also, I'm not that keen on the typing. I like dragon and I like the regional pseudo-legendary dragons, but I'm not into fighting. I was a bit disappointed in this region's pseudo-legendary dragon. Drampa, on the other hand, I super love. I wanted that to be the region dragon. Welp, you can't always get what you want, I guess.

Mareanie especially, but also Toxapex, I don't like. They barely look like Pok?mon and the typing is underwhelming.

I'm not super into Dhelmise. I don't tend to be so into the inanimate object Pok?mon to begin with. This is just kinda meh to me.

Someone mentioned Bruxish, which I completely forgot about. Shows how much I care about it. I don't like the mouth and teeth. I know that's kind of the point, but it just looks weird. Not, like, bad or creepy. Just plain weird.

Also forgot to mention about Alolan forms. I'm not a big fan of Alolan Raticate. Its cheeks are just too much.

I really hate Alolan Person. Kanto Persian is a very beautiful, elegant and yet ruthless-looking big cat. Alolan Persian looks like it has a giant facial tumor or a goiter or some other horrific health problem. I wanna help it but I don't know how.

Other than that, I like most of the other ones.

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • My least favorite has to be Rockruff's evolutions. When I first saw them, I though it would at least be a dark type, especially the Moon form.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • I'm probably on my own over here, but I really dislike Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales and to a lesser extent, Alolan Sandslash. Way too white and gimmicky for me. Actually I had a general negative feeling towards the Alolan forms when they got announced, I was thinking, like, just don't touch the OG pokemon, but actually some of them really grew on me. I ended up using Alolan Muk and Marowak in-game.

A lot of the designs grew on me in-game, some of the ones I initially disliked like Kommo-o, Mimikyu, Salazzle and Shiinotic I ended up loving.

The new Pokemon I actually still dislike the most are probably Lurantis and Tsareena lines because they just remind me so much of Leavanny and Lilligant. Tsareena actually looks cool but just way too much like Lilligant. I really wanted to see a different, perhaps even more masculine grass type (besides Tapu Bulu) because I just felt like these ones have kinda already been done.

Togedemaru is also a little bit ugly, and Bruxish & Brionne/Primarina are not for me although I can see their appeal. I love pretty much everything else, and I think Bewear is one of the strongest designs. Simple but memorable.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    3. Sandygast - Not cute given its a beachy sandcastle pre-evolution.
    2. Turtonator - Ugly face and gauche tail.
    1. Alolan Persian - Why???????????????????? Seriously, this pokemon should have actually been "fancy" with excessive embellishments like jeweled collar, anklets, and circlets from. The image does not even match the supposed motif.

Redemptions
    Bewear used to be on the list, but I have warmed up to it a bit. Especially with that adorable plushie pre-evolution.

Also, Crabrawler was also on the bottom for a while before release, but has grown on me -- it's colorful and cartoony, which is not that bad. Plus, Crabominal has a pretty fun design.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    3. Sandygast - Not cute given its a beachy sandcastle pre-evolution.
    2. Turtonator - Ugly face and gauche tail.
    1. Alolan Persian - Why???????????????????? Seriously, this pokemon should have actually been "fancy" with excessive embellishments like jeweled collar, anklets, and circlets from. The image does not even match the supposed motif.

Redemptions
    Bewear used to be on the list, but I have warmed up to it a bit. Especially with that adorable plushie pre-evolution.

Also, Crabrawler was also on the bottom for a while before release, but has grown on me -- it's colorful and cartoony, which is not that bad. Plus, Crabominal has a pretty fun design.

+ Alolan Dugtrio..

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • All the alolan persian hate makes me sad :(

I hate Incineroar, and it's without a doubt my least favourite pokémon ever! This is not what I wanted for litten's evolution.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I must admit, I too dislike Charjabug a lot haha. Also Alolan Persian was... a bit disappointing, is all d:

Years
  • I don't know why but Necrozma never appeal me. Unlike other UB ( dont know if it a UB or not but a this point I could care less about it) it don't look that amazing ( design wise and stat wise) maybe that was the reason I didn't feel ashame about trading it for something else in the GTS... :/

Adam0n

Rayquaza trainer
    Years
  • I like all of the designs but I needed time to get to like some of them and if I had to pick one that took the longest it would be: Bewear.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Yikes @ Bewear hate, and here I am with one on my final team and it being in my top 5 favs of this gen lmao. It can survive a Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent, js...

Anyway, my personal dislikes for this region are basically all of the Bug-types sans Cutiefly and Ribombee. I don't even know most of their names and don't really care to learn them, they just weren't memorable to me at all. Turtonator, also... why do Sun players get stuck with that thing when Moon players get Drampa :(

Back