• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Years
    I just picked this movie up on Blu-Ray on Friday, and it's awesome. The CGI is, without a doubt, the best-looking CGI I have ever seen. The film looks absolutely stunning in HD.

But now that's not the only thing that makes a movie, is it? I for one loved the story. The film is about a young owl, Soren, who is kidnapped by a group of owls known as the Pure Ones. Soren, knowing the Pure Ones are up to no good, knows he must escape and find the legendary Guardians of Ga'Hoole in order to stop them.

I loved everything about this film. The silly humor, the storyline, the animation, the music, the characters - everything. While it wasn't necessarily groundbreaking in terms of the plot, it was certainly entertaining and kept me amused the entire time. The characters are very well-written, particularly Kludd, Soren's older brother. The music was also very engaging, except for the random Owl City song thrown in at one point. It wasn't a bad song, I actually love it, but it was a tad unfitting.

Overall, I thought the film was awesome. The more times I watch it, the more I like it. Heck, I may even go watch it again now.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Absolutely stunning visuals accompanied by a lacklustre but not bad plot that is relatable and emotional.

I enjoyed it immensely and will be picking it up on BluRay soon.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Books and Movies

I read the book series, which I loved and thought were awesome people had so much imagination. I have not seen the movie yet, but I see the movie must rock and be awesome. When I got the time, I might as well see it.

Jen

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    Yes, the visuals is amazing. The actual battle between the owls really amazed me. As if, I'm watching discovery channel or something, its not everyday that you see fighting birds. There is a value in the story that young ones should appreciate.

The OST of the movie To the Sky by Owl city is good but yeah it is a little off.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    This was a really good movie. I'm hopping to get it for my birthday. I never understood the books when I was little but watching the movie got me to understand the book much more and wanting to read the books again to see if I understand it now. I wonder if they are going to make a second one.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I remember picking up the books in like, 4th grade and I loved them. I had to keep waiting for each one to come out and I would read it so quickly. Good times. Sad when it ended, but I didn't particularly like the ending of the last book, it felt rushed.

But I never got around to watching the movie. Maybe after midterms this week I'll go pick it up ^_^

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I agree with everyone else when they said its the most stunning visuals they've ever seen, but the story wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I enjoyed Legend of the Guardians from beginning to end because of the visuals, as everyone else said and the characters.

Back