• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legend of Zelda discussion

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
    Years
    This is a heads up for the younger players playing The Legend of Zelda (NES) on the VC. Try to keep the use of keys to an absolute minimum, meaning only opening locked doors that are required to progress because you can run out of keys, and there goes everything you've worked for. The doors you shouldn't open include the ones that have the dungeon map and compass, as well as others that you don't need to open. However, you should also open locked doors that lead to items such as the bow or bommerang The dungeon map isn't nessesary in this Zelda game's dungeons because they aren't as big and only have one floor. As far as I can tell, the compass does crap. Don't worry about letting keys go to waste because you can use keys in dungeons other than the one you got them in. If you have any amends to this heads up or have another one, don't hesitate to post it.

well technically you can buy keys but they cost 80 rupees and collecting that many rupees takes so long that you might as well just start the game over. Plus you need to have rupees in order to use your bow.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I've never had a problem running out of keys.

And you won't know which rooms contain compasses or maps unless you're looking at a strategy guide.

Maybe if you explore every room you'll end up finding all the keys and then won't need to buy anyway.

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
    Years
    Yeah well in the 4th dungeon, there's this one door designed to get you to waste a key and then having to waste 80 rupees, maybe more. Even zelda dungeon.net tells you to skip some doors.

Last edited:

joeyijoeyi

Poison Monotype - SS
    Years
    My first Zelda Game...

Wow, I LOVE Zelda now. Spirit Tracks for the win! After this I think I'll go with Ocarina of Time and the sequels. Oh and they're making a remake of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS isn't that awesome?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Yes 3D OoT is awesome.

If all you've played is Spirit Tracks...well, you started near the bottom of the barrel really. XD You won't go wrong with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, or The Minish Cap.

TheLastBestHope

VeteranTrainer/BeginnerHacker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2011
    Are you guys excited for skyward sword?!?!

TLoZ: Skyward Sword is coming out guys!!! are you excited?!?! i would be, if i had a Wii... Anyways, i guess make this TLoZ general, your opinions on other games, and what your opinion on the next game will be :)

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Nope, I'm hating their new controls. Last thing I wanna do is stand up and swing my wiimote... If they made it optional I'd think it was awesome but dammit, I play to relax :/

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Of course I'm excited, it's Zelda.

It's like, garunteed quality.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't have a Wii and I'm a Nintendo hater, so surprise surprise, I'm not excited. Anyways, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to just make it like Zelda: [insert anything except Majora's Mask here] and instead of a long ocean sailing(or mirror world, train, ship, etc.) "feature" it'll be a flying "feature".

Of course I'm excited, it's Zelda.

It's like, garunteed quality.

I take it you never played Majora's Mask?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I love Zelda, but I'm not all too excited about this one. I just wanna sit down with my controller and play, not swing the Wiimote. The days of those Zelda games are gone, gone, gone.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    For what?...

Oh, another Zelda.

Not really; why need anyone be?

Zelda always looked fun though, I'm not necessarily complaining; but you know, I think Nintendo really should make use of stuff like pixel shader 3 and have much higher poly models, the trees in this game almost look like they came from a PS1 game... Or can the Wii not handle that well (lol)? Of course graphics don't make a game (nobody really does think that way anyways), it just seems sorely disappointing for the single greatest developer & publisher in the world that their games should appear so poorly-presented.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm excited for it for the most part, just 'cause Zelda's one of my favorite franchises. Plus it's on a console again (finally) and looks beautiful, and I'm sure the story should be sufficiently intriguing given its placement before OoT and what tidbits we've been told about it, but like probably most of the rest of you, I'm a bit uneasy about the controls.

I always played the GameCube version of TP 'cause I guess I'm stubborn about wanting to use a regular controller instead of relying on my fail coordination and flailing about to play a video game. I also was not happy with how they did the controls for PH, 'cause I rented it once and had to put it down without getting far just 'cause of how annoying the controls were to me. Never tried ST, though.

I know the Wii isn't the DS but I really don't want Nintendo to mess up what otherwise promises to be an epic and fun game for me for the sake of overdoing gimmicky controls. Somehow, though, I feel like it'll be alright and there's nothing to fret over. It's not coming out till next year, anyway.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
    i just wanna play it and those controls are great actually using the motion sensing thingy of the wii

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I take it you never played Majora's Mask?

You're a funny one. You think your opinion counts for everyone.

Yes, of course I've played it.

Majora's Mask is a brilliant game, not the best Zelda out there, definitely not. But it's still an amazing game and one of the best on the N64, I enjoyed it greatly.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    For what?...

Oh, another Zelda.

Not really; why need anyone be?

Zelda always looked fun though, I'm not necessarily complaining; but you know, I think Nintendo really should make use of stuff like pixel shader 3 and have much higher poly models, the trees in this game almost look like they came from a PS1 game... Or can the Wii not handle that well (lol)? Of course graphics don't make a game (nobody really does think that way anyways), it just seems sorely disappointing for the single greatest developer & publisher in the world that their games should appear so poorly-presented.
    You are aware that there is specific art style that they're going for in this game, right? It is a mixture of impressionism and the look of A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. It is intentional and, to me anyway, looks like a phenomenal presentation.

I'm not worried about the controls because this is Wii Motion Plus. If it was just going to use the regular Wiimote, then I'd complain. I don't think it would work at all. But Wii Motion Plus? Totally confident that the end result will be splendid.

Still needs some tweaking based on the videos. Its a little rough around the edges. Especially Link's running animation while the sword is out. But, they've still got time.

Back