• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Legendaries are amazing.

Pick a card, any card!

• Victini

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • Cobalion

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Terrakion

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Virizion

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Tornadus / Tornelos

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Thundurus / Voltolos

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Zekrom

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • Landorus / Landlos

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Kyurem

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Keldio / Kerudio

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Meloetta

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Genesect / Genosect

Votes: 17 21.5%

• Total voters

Vindra

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    My favorite is Victini. It's adorable but not sickeningly so.

I also really like Reshiram. It looks so elegant and graceful.

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
    Its a tie between Victini, Zekrom, and Genesect. Victini because it saved me from defeat several times in White. Zekrom because Electric/Dragon Pokémon have been a staple among my fakemons. Genesect because, well, it has a freaking cannon on its back. Not to mention it just looks cool.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    (not properly voting until I discover all legendaries in-game/all legendaries are officially revealed)

Victini: design is great, it has a neat typing, it embodies a positive concept, and it learns freaking V-Generate, currently the best Pokemon incendiary of all time, to immolate all of its opponents. I just wish that it weren't #000 in the Unova PokeDex listing, as that honor belongs to this generation's glitch Pokemon (AKA the successor of Missingno., Decamark, etc.).

Holding off on the musketeer trio for now...

Reshiram: Two words. DRAGON. FIRE. Awesome by default. I love how it utilizes white-hot/blue flames and doesn't make its Fire-typing seem redundant. I love that it embodies the yang concept. Furthermore, I love how its name and Zekrom's name have a term for "zero/nothing" in them, as well as Reshiram evoking the image of "reishi (spiritual energy) ramming into the foe)." Finally, the boxart of Pokemon Black Version highlights Reshiram's design excellently, and is now in my list of favorite videogame boxarts ever (particularly due to the checkered effect and transition(s) being much more visible with the black background):

Legendaries are amazing.

Zekrom: The moment I laid eyes on it, I knew that it was menacing and that few Pokemon (or humans) would ever want to meet it in a dark alley. It just reeks of intrigue and mystery, not to mention that it employs blue electricity as opposed to the standard yellow. Plus, its name sounds all technological and its eyes look fierce. Finally, I love how Zekrom's cry and its electrically-purring TURBINE TAIL [DRILL], which is the drill that may pierce the heavens!

Kyuremu: Trying to avoid info on him until the release of Pokemon Gray Version. Dragon/Ice typing is very cool, the representation of nuclear energy/devoidness of energy enhances its awesomeness, and from what I've gleaned from the sprite/artwork, this guy is brimming with epicness. BOO at it having 20 Base Stat Total less than its brethren! :(

Heck, the Tao Dragon trio reeks of a good old bundle of awesomeness, epicness, and fierceness. I love the yin/yang/wuji, past/future/present, black/white/gray, and fire/electricity/ice parallels. :D

Genosect: A mounted laser, Mewtwo-ish origins, insectoid relations, and cassette utilization? Awesome!

Genie trio: Designs are horrid and need moar effort. >_> The concepts are very cool, especially with the sky/earth parallel!

Zoroark: vicious shapeshifter with awesome abilities, Lucario-level epicness, and a very cool design. ;)

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    All of the legendaries really appeal to me, but out of all I'd probably have to say Victini appeals to me the most. Victini is just a very cheerful Pokémon that is known to spread victory and the design it has shows that off well. Its appearance is pretty cute, and GameFreak did a pretty good representing the cheerful spirit there. :>

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I love Reshiram! I'm not a fan of Zekrom though. It just looks badly made to me and EVERYONE will have it. My Reshiram will be special, and angelic :') *sniff*

We will destroy handfuls of Zekroms together!

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Victini and Cobalion are my favourites from this generation. I love their look, and their types. :3

Hachiku

ハチク
    Years
    More people need to vote for Kyurem!
    It's clear that a lot of thought went into his design and concept, and really did pay off. Kyurem's concept is intriguing and design is very different from the rest of the legendaries we received this generation. I also wouldn't be surprised if his broken appearance might actually invite a darker Pokemon story in the third installment of B/W.​

Back