• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Artists/Bands...

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    ... In your opinion, which artists and/or bands are considered 'legendary'. What is your reason? Is because of their millions of fans? multi-platinum albums? killer songs?

[If there is a thread similar to this, then please lock this]

I would say that Jay-Z would be considered 'legendary'. He makes great songs. [Jay-Z fan]

Plus, he is a sucessful bussinessman. He also has some Grammy Awards under his belts.

I would also state that such bands as Guns N' Roses, Ac/Dc, The Offsprings, DragonForce (Yes, DragonForce), Metallica, Nirvana, and Queen are pretty much amazin'.

Aokiji

Blue Pheasant.
    Years
    Hm, I really consider Bob Dylan as the greatest musician ever, that guy really changed the pop music.

But my favorite all-time artist is Elliott Smith, and he's my hero. His music was really different from the music in that time. It was almost the opposide of the grunge music that was popular that time. His songs are sad, happy and só beautiful. Say Yes is the most beautiful and touching song I've ever heard. If you don't know this guy you really need to check him out sometime. Elliott really was a god.

But also artists like Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd are legendary.

DrawnVigilance

7861 Blackthorne
    Years
    i have a good lists of artists

John Lennon: he wrote so many great songs, that just have inspired me and i dont feel like my view on music would be the same without him

Kurt Cobain: he was just great, his lyrics are great, and he was an amazing guitar player and musician period

Jimi Hendrix: He changed the way i see guitarists, i dont think anyone will ever be as great as he was

theres more such as; Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Morello, George Harrison, Eddie Vedder, Dave Groehl, much more

Bands:
    The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metallica, All the Bands in the Christian Metalcore Scene, Pink Floyd, and again much much more

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Let's see here....legendary.

Jimi Hendrix
    - for obvious reasons.

50 Cent, Jay-Z, P Diddy- Businessmen/ album sales/ etc.

Eddie Van Halen- Hendrix of the 80's

Randy Rhoads
    - Him and EVH were the first ones to be classically trained and applied it to guitar. Everyone else hopped on the bandwagon.

Joe Satriani / Steve Vai
    -Incredible instrumentalists

Black Sabbath- Influenced all metal.

Ramones- Influenced ALL Punk

KISS
    - Arguably One of the Greatest rock bands ever.

Ozzy Osbourne- Knows how to pick good players for his band, too bad he can't sing.

=[

There's more.....but....ya.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Timbaland
    Jimi Hendrix
    Jay Z
    Beyonce(Legend in the making)
    Michael Jackson

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Hmm... I don't really try to label bands as being "legendary" that much. It really depends on the genre too, so idk.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Madness, hands down. They're really successful musicians, and pretty much shoved 2-Tone into the mainstream along with Bad Manners and The Specials.

Dropkick Murphys/The Business too, for working hard for years in their respective genres.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    All the bands mentioned+iron maiden. Oh come on dont tell you guys dont agree! Sure they arent that popular outside of europe too much but they are very good and one of the original metal bands like metallica sabbath and all the other bands.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Metallica, The Beatles, i guess jay-Z and Three Days Grace!

The first three because they really are, the fourth cause, well, Im addicted! xD

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    Hurr i dunno lets try:

Beethoven
    Bach
    Mozart
    Haydn
    Brahms
    Schubert
    Tchaikovsky
    Schumann
    Chopin
    Debussy
    Dvorak
    Vivaldi
    Strauss
    Rossini
    Rachmaninoff
    Mendelsohn
    Stravinsky
    Rimsky-Korsakov
    Clementi
    Pachebel

k?
    None of the bands you guys listed would be here if it weren't for them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The King of Rock 'n' Roll. The title pretty much speaks for itself. There are so many great music artists but nobody can ever beat Elvis IMO.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Millions of fans and multi-platinum albums doesn't necessarily mean you should be considered legendary. Take a lot of singers who are currently worshipped by a bunch of teenagers these days. Most of them don't write a lot of their own songs; they don't play an instruments; they're given everything and they're told to sing what their managers want them to sing. They might have good voices, yes, and they might appear on their album covers, but do they deserve to be crowned legends of the musical world? No. You want some people who deserve something like that? The Beatles. Neil Young. Bob Dylan. People who composed their own music; who wrote awesome lyrics and melodies because they had the talent. Those are the people who made awesome music a lot of teenagers these days don't appreciate, and that's a real shame. It really is.

Of course, that's just my definition of legendary. I'm pretty sure my definition is different to all of yours, so don't bother calling me out on this post.

METALLICA IS THE GREAST BAND THE EVER LIVED AND ALLWAYS WILL SAME AS SYSTEM OF A DOWN

I forgot that if you write in size seven font in all caps people will be more inclined to agree with you. Genius!

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    • Nirvana
    • System of a Down
    • Black Sabbath
    etc.

These are the legendary bands.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Led Zeppelin
    The Ramones
    Aerosmith (how can you forget them?)

I don't believe bands like Metallica can be counted as legends, mainly because they were influenced a lot by other bands such as Aerosmith.
    You have to look back decades to find bands that really influenced music today, without blues bands there wouldn't be rock music as we know it.

Back