• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary dump?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    From what we know so far, the National Pokedex is very likely to be returning at this moment in time, with VGC18 rules and the strategy guide hinting towards it, but it hasn't officially been said that it's coming back yet. We won't be surprised if it is officially confirmed, but still.

With that being said, usually third games let us catch legendaries from other regions - BW2 let us catch the lake trio and the Regis, and Platinum let us catch the birds. ORAS really went all out and let us get every legendary under the sun. Is anyone thinking they'll do the same here and dump all the legendaries on us? I'm suspecting that we may be encountering them in Ultra Space.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    That'd be cool. Currently a lot of mine are stuck in Gen IV so I personally would like it if we got some extra legendaries again.

Years
    Hard to say. :s Even though it's possible we might be given a bone by Game Freak on catching x number of legendaries in USUM, I think they're well aware that we could just Poke Bank ORAS legendaries, thus making catching any older gen legends in USUM kinda redundant.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I sure hope so, gen VI was SUPER convenient. I remember back in like, gen 4 I think when the strategy guide was telling me to buy 8 other games to complete the pokedex, and we had way less back then.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Past legendaries are pretty much confirmed to happen since the recent news. Pokebank is just one method of getting pokemon but it is not the only method. I prefer to get the pokemon in the game.

Years
    With this kind of treatment, it makes them feel a little less legendary to me. But at least it's not as foolish as getting the code from Gamestop.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I'm leaning towards that USM will still not get the National Dex. After all, we can catch, for example, a Serperior in SM and it'll have the clover symbol, meaning it's a gen7 'mon, despite it not being in SM's dex nor does the game has a National Dex.

Legendaries from previous games will most-likely not be included in the regional 'dex as well, but we will still be able to catch them and them having the clover symbol will make them eligible to use in VGC18.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

pkmin3033

I came in here expecting the most scathing commentary imaginable; the title made me laugh out loud.

I can see them pulling an ORAS with USUM to cram all the remaining Legendaries into Gen VII (which is literally fucking ALL OF THEM) but I hope they don't take it to such extremities...or, if they do, that they're all available from the get-go. If some of these were timed events, like Latias/Latios in ORAS were...I'd not be pleased. Especially not when QR codes exist.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't know if we would catch them all. Honestly we don't really need it since all Legends are openly available now on the DS/3DS.

But I wouldn't mind it. But anyway, A lot of legendary pokemon really wouldn't make since to be in Ultra Space. Palkia, Arceus, Girtina, Dialga, Mew, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Jirachi, and Hoopa are really the only ones that make sense for Ultra Space to me. (Possibly Lake Trio and Celebi as well)

All other Legends are from Earth and Ultra Space is different from timelines and universe I think. It is like the section between times or hyper space. Which is why we have Ultra Beast worlds scattered everywhere.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    y'know if we couldn't catch all the legendaries I wouldn't be too disappointed, as you can catch them all in gen 6 and just transfer them, and gen 8 will have a few for sure. It would be nice tho :/

Years
    interesting thread to say the least I don't really mind having legendary galore in a new game just ike ORAS did but as some of you did mention I really don't like timed event especially for pokemons that can only be obtained that way. It would be a lot more enjoyable in my opinion if everyone got a chance to get the legendary that goes with the game wether they buy the game at launch or later

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Hard to say. :s Even though it's possible we might be given a bone by Game Freak on catching x number of legendaries in USUM, I think they're well aware that we could just Poke Bank ORAS legendaries, thus making catching any older gen legends in USUM kinda redundant.

this is why the real question is: do they want to introduce the old legends into VGC 2018? if they introduced them in USUM, the only purpose would be so that people can catch them with the Alola mark, otherwise I agree with this post!

(Personally I want them to be available so that we can catch them all in matching Pokeballs and have the apricorn balls finally be an option for gen 5-6 legendaries.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Here are some Legendary Pok?mon I reckon would be version exclusives.

Ultra Sun:
    -Ho-oh
    -Groudon
    -Palkia
    -Tornadus
    -Reshiram
    -Xerneas

Ultra Moon:
    -Lugia
    -Kyogre
    -Dialga
    -Thundurus
    -Zekrom
    -Yveltal

This is merely speaking from personal experience with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2019
    Does anyone know if the Gen 6 games (X&Y, ORAS) are still in production?

If they are, it would make more financial sense for them to not include ALL legendaries this time around, in an attempt to encourage new players to buy those older games along with a subscription to Pokebank.

Then again, they may wish to treat Gen 7 as an entirely separate entity without cross-promoting older games (so as not to overwhelm new players).

They have made a big deal about wanting Gen 7 to appeal to new players who have come to the 3DS games for the first time from Pok?mon Go. They have said they are making some changes to USUM to appeal to those players who are used to PoGo gameplay, so maybe pointing to four other games and Pokebank would go against that.

On the same topic of new players coming across from PoGo, it would be really nice if they ran more mythical events over the next 12 months. I know we only just had the monthly releases for the 20th last year, but that was nearly over by the time Sun and Moon were released, and any new players who just started the core series games with Gen 7 will have missed out.

With the move to the Switch after USUM, the next 12 months is probably the last chance to get those mythicals on the 3DS.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    Well if VGC 18 opens to National Dex. One that can be a good thing. I can use more viable Mons. 2. If they still have the Aloha caught only. They would have to unlock all the legends to meet criteria.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    Well if VGC 18 opens to National Dex. One that can be a good thing. I can use more viable Mons. 2. If they still have the Aloha caught only.

They don't have to live in Alola though. For the common Pokemon that don't live in Alola, like Greninja or Amoonguss, you can just bank them in from earlier generations and breed them to get the clover on, making them legal for VGC play.

Back