• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Mascots Discussion & Speculation

Years
  • If you look closely at the logo emblems they actually resemble the shape of their respective mascot legendary: the Moon logo is Lunaala's basic body shape, and the Sun logo is fashioned subtly after Solgaleo's mane. Pretty neat!

I really do love the attention to detail with the fact they made the legendaries look pretty much the shape of their game's logo. It's definitely very cool and a reason why I reacted to them very well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm thinking of getting Sun. I think Solgaleo will be Fire/Steel, Fire/Electric (referrencing plasma, which the sun's surface is made up of), or Fire/Fairy (mystical lion).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Solgaleo and Lunaala are beautiful. Sun is more interesting to me at the moment though.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think I prefer Lunaala. There's something about Solgaleo that kinda turns me off right now. I think it's the mane, it just looks strange. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Lunaala looks like a bat demon that would go around stealing everyones soul. It looks both majestic and sinister.

I actually feel like Lunaala could be a Ghost/Dark or Ghost/Fairy type. (maybe Ghost/Psychic but they just did that with Hoopa...) Something about it's design is screaming ghost to me though, I think it's the skeleton-like body.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Lunaala looks like a skeletal vampire... very elegant and mystical, yet creepy.

Solgaleo is majestically accessorized and a white lion with a galaxy face... nuff said

I am thinking their storylines will be influenced by the volcanic creation of the island meeting the sky.. there might also be some space-related storyline for Lunaala since they keep mentioning that pokemon could be from space in other games

Years
  • I've seen the Pyroar/Noivern theory around on a few other social media outlets--Something about these legendaries being Mega forms? I don't believe it myself, just thought it was interesting. uvu

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I highly highly highly doubt that. Pyroar MAYBE (although huuuge stretch) but Noivern looks nothing like it when you really consider its features. Moon's mascot looks more humanoid feminine (with bat-like features) whereas Noivern doesn't look humanoid at all. I mean if that's where mega evolution is heading then please get rid of mega evolutions.
    Marshadow sounds cool though. :)

Years
  • I noticed many 5th Gen connection theories, as shown with the starter popularity, but I wonder if anyone noticed the dominant colours of the legendaries? Sun's legendary is white, and Moon's legendary is black.

Unova confirmed lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm like one of Unova's biggest fans ever and even I can admit that we're not going to have anything to do with Unova this generation. There's just no solid reason to skip Sinnoh for Unova (as much as I'd like).

The dominant colours are just to do with what the represent - the Moon represents night which is dark (black) and the Sun represents day which is bright (white). If it was named anything else the characters would reflect those colours.

Years
  • The dominant colours are just to do with what the represent - the Moon represents night which is dark (black) and the Sun represents day which is bright (white). If it was named anything else the characters would reflect those colours.

It's natural they made one light and one dark because of the supposed day-night theme, but yeah it's interesting to notice, as if I have been pointing a lot of similarities already.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I like the idea that, based on the Japanese trailer showcasing the moon when the boy was feeling sad and showing the sun when he was feeling determined, that perhaps the theme of these two legendaries will encompass "hope" and "despair."

Also, they both seem to have yellow-goldish diamond-esque motifs sprinkled throughout their design. Perhaps that has something to do with the yellow diamonds on the Japanese logos.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • sakuraguardianes.jpg

Kerberos (Sun) and Yue (Moon).

GF taking cues from Sakura? Really funny, hahaha.

Expect Solgaleo/Kerberos to be Fire/Rock and Lunaala/Yue to be Fairy/Flying. Yep, Solgaleo defeats Lunaala. But comes packed with horrible weaknesses as well.

Kerberos would beat Yue in Sakura anime as well IMO, because he has his own power source (like the sun) whereas Yue must draw power from Sakura (like the moon).

Well, I guess my player characters can't be named anything other than Syaoran and Sakura, then. :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like the idea that, based on the Japanese trailer showcasing the moon when the boy was feeling sad and showing the sun when he was feeling determined, that perhaps the theme of these two legendaries will encompass "hope" and "despair."

Also, they both seem to have yellow-goldish diamond-esque motifs sprinkled throughout their design. Perhaps that has something to do with the yellow diamonds on the Japanese logos.

Hope and Despair? I recall that in Sonic Unleashed the citizens experienced strange feelings when it was night, and I could easily allude that to the feeling of despair. The big question is, how will the crystals in the Japanese Sun & Moon logos play in the part of Solgaleo and Lunaala?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Did you notice the video clips playing the background of the second video at the videogame store? It showed both legendaries using their ultimate attacks.. I didn't study them any further for more Easter eggs or secret reveals, but the Solgaleo attack is cool.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm like one of Unova's biggest fans ever and even I can admit that we're not going to have anything to do with Unova this generation. There's just no solid reason to skip Sinnoh for Unova (as much as I'd like).

I would have thought there would be a lot of connections to Unova. Considering Unova is based on a part of the US and Hawaii is a part of the US.

I'd call that a fairly solid reason.

Years
  • I would have thought there would be a lot of connections to Unova. Considering Unova is based on a part of the US and Hawaii is a part of the US.

If you're interested, I had a VM convo with user Sideshow Bob and I picked up on some interesting connections. I'm sure that as we get more info I'll be ready to pick out more correlations between Alola and Unova.

Back