• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Mascots Discussion & Speculation

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • Admittedly the way they're teasing the boxarts and saying "we can't let you see the pokemon yet!" kind of worries me that it may potentially be pokemon we already know.

I heard that someone analyzed the images, and it just said "Pokemon Sun and Moon" on both boxes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I don't get why GF being so secretive about New Version mascot !
    They didn't waste any moment to reveal BW and XY's version mascot.
    I mean , Its not like they have something very special compare to another version.
    What are they gonna do-
    Reveal ultimate Charizard and Ultimate Mewtwo as Version Mascot ???

I agree , That Sun Mascot seem to have a flaming tail ! Its was lacking from that boxart.
    But I don't expect it to be Charizard .
    I think Sun mascot is a Flaming Tiger or Horse !

pkmin3033

I don't think they're being THAT secretive about it all though, are they? At least, not when compared to previous release patterns. If we don't get Legendary mascots confirmed or denied in the next CoroCoro issue then yes, there is clearly something going on surrounding the issue, but for the time being it seems pretty standard to me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pretty excited. C: The names even make me want to pick Moon even more lol. I do agree on the reveals coming soon though, I definitely think it'll be before mid May, because if Sun and Moon's reveal is anything to go by, they'd be holding off the trademarks as much as they can so the information is brand new at the time etc.

Years
  • Those names sound excellent, and yeah with the recent boxart tease + promise of big news next month, legendary reveals are definitely imminent. I'm stoked.

Sol + Luna are pretty self explanatory (spanish for sun and moon)

Galeo (apparently?) means swordfish in spanish, and ala means wing.

But then Galeo also could be a reference to Galileo, who's tied pretty heavily to Astronomy.

My first thought reading "Solgaleo" was "sun lion" though tbh :x

Atm I'm predicting it'll be some kind of sun lion, while Lunaala will be some sort of moon-bird thing.

Man it's exciting knowing things'll start to take off again in the coming weeks.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • For Solgaleo it's obviously sun for sol and I've heard that galeo means shark in spanish so... sun shark. I expect it will be fire/water again, though they could do something strange.

As for Lunaala it could be a bird because ala means wing in spanish, but I believe aal means eel in german? Not sure though.

So what I expect/Hope for:

Solgaleo:
    -sunfish or a basking shark with Fire/Water typing
    -or basilisk/dragon/snake with shark features such as fins, shark tail, and shark head. Fire/Flying or Fire/Dragon typing

Lunaala:
    -bird or bat with a Fairy/Flying, Dark/Flying, or Fairy/Dark typing
    -or bird/bat fusion with a bird body, but with bat wings and possibly a bat head. Fairy/Dark typing
    -basilisk/eel that's Dark/Water or Fairy/Water
    -or eel/basilisk/dragon with large wings(using both aal and ala). Dark/Flying or Fairy/Flying

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I expect --

-Solgaleo
    The Sun lion pokemon
    Fire/Rock type
    Capable of creating stars

-Lunaala
    Ice/Fairy type

Both of them can fuse to become Ellipse pokemon

Years
  • Pretty excited. C: The names even make me want to pick Moon even more lol. I do agree on the reveals coming soon though, I definitely think it'll be before mid May, because if Sun and Moon's reveal is anything to go by, they'd be holding off the trademarks as much as they can so the information is brand new at the time etc.

I'm sorta getting the same feelings as you, even if Sun has a good-looking legendary I will still feel inclined to play Moon as my main version, and that's mainly because I lean towards the "blue" versions of most paired games.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • main legendary type

What type do you want or think the main legendary pokemons in pokemon sun and pokemon moon are gonna be ?
    Personally, i would like a fairy type legendary in pokemon moon and a dark type legendary in pokemon sun. Wabout you ???

Years
  • To me, I personally think the types will be these:

Fire for the Sun legendary, since intense sunlight does strengthen Fire moves, but being a Psychic also seems plausible, especially when you consider Espeon is associated with the sun.

For Moon's legendary, I think it'll be Dark or Fairy, but since the moon controls the tides in the ocean, I'd also think of Water. But with the recent rumours of the legendaries' names going around, I could also see it be Flying.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Apollo and Diana/Artemis. I don't care how they do it, I just want to see these two in their designs. Also it would be awesome to see the games based in a Mediterranean-ish setting, which I haven't entirely ruled out yet but don't have high hopes for.

As a person living in the Mediterranean sea area (Israel) and just by logic, it'll be very risky to make any Pokemon game with any reference to here.

Back to the topic at hand,I have a good idea- legendaries based on the solar and lunar eclipse.
    And make them the opposite mascot of what you'd expect if they are really doing mascots...maybe the "moon legendary" is blocking the sun and vice-versa and that's the idea the evil team wants to accomplish. I'm guessing Fairy/Dark for one but can't see the counterpart.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I see Sun as Fire/Fairy with levitate or a special version of that ability (think the variants of mold breaker that Reshiram and Zekrom have), or even Fire/Flying like the first two primary version mascots we got. Meanwhile Moon will be Dark/Flying, Water/Flying, or Water/Dark (with a special variant of levitate if Sun is Fire/Fairy like I mentioned).

Years
  • Back to the topic at hand,I have a good idea- legendaries based on the solar and lunar eclipse.
    And make them the opposite mascot of what you'd expect if they are really doing mascots...maybe the "moon legendary" is blocking the sun and vice-versa and that's the idea the evil team wants to accomplish. I'm guessing Fairy/Dark for one but can't see the counterpart.

I like the theories about an eclipse happening as part of the plot, because it's something I could definitely imagine the villains doing if they are in pursuit of the legendary.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Well, we have our mascot legendaries now:
    Legendary Mascots Discussion & Speculation

ngl I'm expecting these to be broken as all hell lol

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It is hard to tell what these pokemon typing are going to be from the trailer.

I am kinda hoping for another Fairy type. I guess the bat like one could be a fairy. Currently I am going with Pokemon Sun, but will probably eventually get Moon.

Back