• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Nope, there are multiples. In either colleceum or XD multiple Ho-ohs are seen, inmplying they all guard different pokes. Besides, the dogs seem territorial to me, which is kinda backed up by the fact that they never leave the map to another region.

all i am going to say is that Arceus is genuinly the creator of everything, including palkia and dialga. if you're still questioning his mighty power, than just read my signature

You're stating the obvious, arceus was established as the creator in the first hour of this thread

Years
    Nope, there are multiples. In either colleceum or XD multiple Ho-ohs are seen, inmplying they all guard different pokes. Besides, the dogs seem territorial to me, which is kinda backed up by the fact that they never leave the map to another region.

If you can show me a scene where there are multiple Ho-Ohs, not counting a battle, then I'll believe you. Otherwise, how do we know it's not just the same Ho-Oh all the time?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I personally have never played them, but i have it on good grounds. I'll aim to find out and ill post it tomorrow

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    since when are legends not exagerated? especially in a game. I think they are fine the way they are.

Years
    Like unlimited NIGHTS, I won't read all these pages either so I'll get straight to my point. So Kyogre created the seas right? Shouldn't that mean that he is the king? Also, Manaphy is the prince of the sea right? So if Kyogre passes away wouldn't his son "evolve" and take over(XD)Lugia is guardian of the sea right?Does that mean he's the god of the sea or the knight (as in he guards Kyogre). And, Giratina is in a "cemetery" called Turnback Cave which links this world to the world of beings that passed away. Since that is a form of space, does that mean Palkia created Giratina to manage the "UnderWorld"

I think I have more to say but I forgot it so I will try to remember.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Look at this page fro some more info on Giratina

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Giratina_(Pokémon)
    Yeah, thanx....

since when are legends not exagerated? especially in a game. I think they are fine the way they are.
    I don;t get your point, are you talking to someone?

Like unlimited NIGHTS, I won't read all these pages either so I'll get straight to my point. So Kyogre created the seas right? Shouldn't that mean that he is the king?
    Yes he is
    Also, Manaphy is the prince of the sea right?
    Yep
    So if Kyogre passes away wouldn't his son "evolve" and take over(XD)
    Possibly, but kyogre's been around since the creation of the planet and his fued with groudon has ended. Lugia wont wanna kill him so i dont see any way of him dying (For the moment....)
    Lugia is guardian of the sea right?
    Yep
    Does that mean he's the god of the sea or the knight (as in he guards Kyogre).
    Not really, he guards the see not kyogre
    And, Giratina is in a "cemetery" called Turnback Cave which links this world to the world of beings that passed away. Since that is a form of space, does that mean Palkia created Giratina to manage the "UnderWorld"
    Thats the aceepted theory, but there's no real evidence. I personally think otherwise
    I think I have more to say but I forgot it so I will try to remember.
    Ok

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Something else to think about.

Celebi is the Guardian of Time, yet Dialga is the Ruler of time. Who is higher, and does this mean the two are connected in some way?

~T_S

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Here's an old arguament that i love starting up: Is celebi really a guardian of time???? It is never specified. He's a time traveller, thats a given, but i don't think he's a guardian. This is backed up by the 4th gen Dex entry:
    It has the power to travel across time, but it is said to appear only in peaceful times
    How is it meant to protect time, when it will not appear anywhere that isnt peaceful?

My theory is backed up by the LG dex entry and the RSE entry:
    This Pokémon wanders across time. Grass and trees flourish in the forests in which it has appeared
    This Pokémon came from the future by crossing over time. It is thought that so long as Celebi appears, a bright and shining future awaits us

I see it more as a super-evolved pokemon from the future. As an example, in a way similar to Hiro in the TV show Heroes. I think people overlook the fact that celebi can travel anywhere, not just anytime. Being able to master time and space shows he's connected to both the entities if anything.

The short answer: Dialga reins supreme. If it wasnt for dialga celebi would have no time to travel through (If that makes sense)

WhiteTunicLink

True Legends never die.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    I remember watching the fist ever episode of Pokémon to go in air on TV and the sec end i seen it i loved it but i always wondered why they never showed ho-oh until like YEARS after it first appeared the first few episodes where basically about ash becoming a Pokémon trainer to later find the legendary Pokémon ho-oh then all of a sudden they quit talking about it and the story went into a complete different direction meaning that thy are probley making every episode and game as they go and the people who make Pokémon them self don't know what/when the ending will be so maybe them ended messing something up there are till lots of secrets in Pokémon we don't know about yet maybe Pokémon will never end

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I remember watching the fist ever episode of Pokémon to go in air on TV and the sec end i seen it i loved it but i always wondered why they never showed ho-oh until like YEARS after it first appeared the first few episodes where basically about ash becoming a Pokémon trainer to later find the legendary Pokémon ho-oh then all of a sudden they quit talking about it and the story went into a complete different direction meaning that thy are probley making every episode and game as they go and the people who make Pokémon them self don't know what/when the ending will be so maybe them ended messing something up there are till lots of secrets in Pokémon we don't know about yet maybe Pokémon will never end

It because that the Ho-Oh that they showed in the first episode was like a... prototype. They prolly had the main ideas around the second generation and put it in to give the watchers something to look foward to. It's nothing to get frustrated about, it was before the second generation even came out and they prolly wanted to change a lot of ideas and such around Ho-Oh. I think someone commented on earlier that Ho-Oh was actually... couldn't roam around because of something else of other. I can't exactly remember... but yeah, cut them some slack, they gave a massive sneak peak in the first episode and then wanted to change the storyline.

Besides, they prolly couldn't see it again, know how rare a Ho-Oh is?

It would be very nice if you could put some grammer into your posts, making them easier to read. Thanks very much.

Sakura-Katana

Team Rocket Executive
    Years
    Considering the Dialga/Palkia event at the Spear Pillar, I would say that the Pokemon legends are true. Remember, it's a fantasy world. It doesn't have to be at all like our world.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    That kinda goes without saying. The title is suprisingly irrelevant if you read through it. This thread is more about establishing connections between the legendries and debating on other facts, like what is the pokemon story of creation? And while we know that its not real, there are some suprising links to religion, if you read back over the thread

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yeah, and??? Randomly stating pokedex entires really isnt helpful is it?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Yeah, and??? Randomly stating pokedex entires really isnt helpful is it?

I do respect your opinon, Gofre, but you could be a little less ruder. I think maybe Sean just wants to start a conversation about it.

I've actually never heard that before, but I don't own a Lugia, except on Silver.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Meh, fair enough. Just annoys me when people post things with little relevance and even less insight. If he'd have asked a question about it then i could see he was being inquisitive, but all he did was regurgitate a Dex entry.

Anywayz, does anyone think the 3 birds are significant? Or are they just dying species? On one hand they have quite supernatural abilities, but they seem to hold little or no status amongst the legendries. They even have a glorified babysitter.

I also have reason to believe that they are, in fact, remenants of a species, but there are multiples. Moltres as an example. In the 1st gen, moltres inhabited cinibar mansion, and it apparently left after the volcano destroyed the island in the 2nd gen. In 3rd gen it is seen in another cave. What srtrikes me as odd is that oltres heals itself by immersing itself in lava, so would not fear it. It therefore strikes me as odd that it would move. Is the one in the sevii islands a different moltres?

Anyone?

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I think it is. Also, the moltres in XD is shadow as well as being in a seperate region, so this would be a different legendary as well. Another Moltres hatches from an egg emersed in lava in pkmn snap. In this all the legendary birds hatch from eggs, proving that they must have been born from another of their species. I believe the birds also appear in pokémon mystery dungeon and ranger. I believe that the birds are rare pokemon that share a common ancestor (this explains the similarities). I also believe this is true of the three dogs as they can also be caught in several regions.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    based on the other posts, would it be safe to say that maybe the pokemon world is based on the greek gods all together? cuz arceus could be like zeus, giratina could be like hades, and kyogre, manaphy or lugia could be posiden?

also, even some legendaries have at least some breeding capabilies. even if pokemon dont have genders, they can still breed (not in the game, but logically) moltres, articuno and zapdos have to be able to have eggs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back