• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lego Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
  • Is the contest over, 'cause I'm working on making something in Lego Digital Designer (If thats allowed x.x)
    You still have until tomorrow to enter. As for Lego Digital Designer, not sure but I think it's not allowed if you're doing a lego design in computer and not with real legos.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yep, real legos. Good luck at stealing that bin!

....yes, I just told someone to go steal something, yay. ;P

Years
  • I noticed there weren't any attempts at doing any Legendary Pokemon, so I decided to pull out my old legos and see what I could make. I decided to make a Kyogre, because I seemed to have a lot of extra blue blocks.
    Spoiler:

I also thought I should do something for the anything-goes competition, but I couldn't think of anything to do. So instead of making something spectacular, I just decided to make 2 oversized Lego blocks at a 16x scale. I also added a comparison picture to the blocks I was basing it from.
    Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's time up I'm afraid (plus 5 extra hours =p). Herpaderp going to be a-judging now I suppose. Good luck to all those who entered!

Years
  • WHHHATT!? Aw crud, c'mon I accidentally thought the deadline was Monday. I'm still working! Cmon' give us until the end of the day, mine is gonna be an awesome legendary :(!

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Ah crud, wish I'd found this sooner.
    It's late, but I'm curious about something. You said only Lego, does that mean you wouldn't allow other brand-name blocks like Mega-Blok or Oxford?
    If you ever start another contest, let me know.

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    damn i missed the due date since i was at my friend's house
    Whatever still going to show the pics

Attachments

• Lego Competition
      HNI_0066_crop.jpg
      17.5 KB · Views: 10
    • Lego Competition
      HNI_0067_crop.jpg
      20.5 KB · Views: 6
    Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    The contest actually ended on the 15th, apparently. Disappointing, to say the least. If it's extended, I may enter (provided I'm allowed to mix Mega Blok and Lego pieces), if not, I may set up a Lego-lovers showoff thread.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm afraid it is over when I posted earlier - was mentioned in the first post and Bay posted a day-left warning as well and Pave Low a two-days-left warning, and by then we were already judging (and now as Bay has had her internet die... hard to go back anyway). Deadline is a deadline after all. But hey, this:
    I may set up a Lego-lovers showoff thread.
    sounds like a neat idea.

It's late, but I'm curious about something. You said only Lego, does that mean you wouldn't allow other brand-name blocks like Mega-Blok or Oxford?
    If you ever start another contest, let me know.
    Well, who knows - we shall see I suppose? [In actual fact I didn't have anything to do with this thread besides supervising - I don't know who suggested it (and what their original ideas are/were) and the person hosting went and abandoned it (hi Ben. =D), so I basically made it up on the spot (and then had advice/additions from Pave Low later on.)] =) Yay impromptu hosting? (Partly why the deadline was what it was - lack of time to judge later...well for all of us in the end given internet troubles =p).

Anyways, results!

Winner of the build-anything category:

Opposite Day (Mudkip)

Runner up: Brendino (Lego Brick Replica)

Winner of the Legendary-Pokemon category:

Brendino (Kyogre)

Congratulations, and thanks for entering to everyone! (Even the late submissions!) All mentioned winners will get an emblem when they're uploaded by admins and all to the forum system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back