• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lenore Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Royal: Great battle, and you really wanted that extra two levels!You definetly earned it! :) Heracross grew to level 13 and learned Aerial Ace.

Neiko Star: Don't worry, it didn't seem rushed. :) I love Renka's personality. Congrat's! Hoppip grew to level 6 and Skorupi grew to level 9 and learned Pursuit!

Tristin the Xatu: Pretty interesting post. I sense a bit of danger in the future... maybe. Also, I don't care about money, as I tell if there will be special items in the pokemart that you can buy such as TMs or Revive's. Just buy a reasonable amount and I don't care, like two or three potions or pokeballs. :)

Summer: Battle of the bugs! Aw, and don't be sad, the whacko attacked you first. So anyway, Yanma grew to level 14 and learned Sonic Boom and Shroomish grew to level 9 and learned Leech Seed!

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Post 2 of 3

I quickly entered the Pokemon Center and walked up to the front desk where another Nurse Joy stood. I pulled off Heracross's Pokeball from my belt and laid it on a small tray and pushed it towards Nurse Joy.

"Can you heal my Heracross?" I asked.

Nurse Joy smiled. "Of course!" she said warmly. She took the tray and gave it to a Chansey by her side. The pink Pokemon quickly ran into the other room, singing its name, Chansey… Chansey.

Nurse Joy turned to me. "It'll be a little while before your Heracross is ready," she explained. "You can go eat in the restaurant nearby, or just wait in the waiting room."

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks." I said before turning and walking out the front doors. I quickly turned to my left and walked towards a noodle bar. I silently sat at an outside table, which was the only one available.

"Hey, wait!" I looked up as a green-headed (he had green hair) kid ran up to me, a Pokemon at his side. My Pokedex rang.

Lenore Region

"Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokemon. For some time after its birth, it grows by gaining nourishment from the seed on its back." The Pokedex stated.

"Aw, dang," the kid said panting, placing his hands on his knees. His Bulbasaur stopped at his side, looking up at him. "This was the last table." He huffed.

I shrugged and looked at the other available seat. "I'm not waiting for anybody; you can sit here." I told him.

The kid looked at me, a smile on his face. "Thanks!" He pulled out the chair and sat down. His Bulbasaur quickly bounced up onto his lap, then onto the table. "I hope you don't mind. He likes to sit on the tables."

I just shook my head. "I don't mind at all." I told him.

"Thanks," he said again. "Hey, I've never seen you around before. You new here?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I just arrived here from Shirk City with my Pokemon."

"Oh, you're a trainer!" he said excitedly. "What Pokemon do you have?"

"A Heracross," I told him.

His eyes lit up. "You like Bug Pokemon? So do I. Well, I like both Bug and Grass Pokemon." I nodded. "My name's Kent, what's yours?"

"Jess," I told him.

"Nice name," he said blushing. I just laughed.

"Thanks, but it's too common." I told him.

"Would you be related to Arthur… er, I don't remember his last name," Kent began.

"Alcatraz?" I asked.

He turned me and smiled. "Yes!" he said. "Him! My father knew him and I remember him from when he came here. Are you related to him?"

I nodded. "Yeah, he's my grandfather," I told him.

"Too cool!" Kent said again. "How's he been?"

I sighed. "He's dead."

Kent frowned. "Oh, I'm so sorry." He said. "I didn't know."

"It's not your fault." I told him warmly. "It's just… he died protecting me from Team Rocket."

"What a guy." Kent sighed. Then he turned to me. "Would you be interested in a battle match?" He asked, changing the subject. "Your Heracross against my Pokemon."

"Oh, I don't know," I said wincing. "I was going out to challenge the Gym Leader today."

Kent laughed and crossed his arms. "You're looking at him!"

I turned to him, shocked. "You're the Gym Leader?!"

"Yep," he said, nodding and smiling.

"Really?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"Why not come to the gym today and see," he challenged.

I smiled.
    ---

After getting Heracross from Nurse Joy, I quickly tossed his Pokeball into the air once I got outside. My purple Pokemon appeared after an explosion of white light.

"Hera!" he shouted, raising his claws up to the sky.

"Hey, Heracross, you ready for a Gym battle?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

My Pokemon nodded.

"Then come on!" I said, running towards the Gym. My Pokemon followed quickly at my side.

As I got the gym, the doors were already open and I entered, looking around. The gym was decorated with many maple trees and vines on the walls and windows.

"Wow," I mouthed.

"You like it?" A voice asked. I turned my head to see Kent in a chair, maybe one hundred feet from where we stood. I nodded. "And are you ready for battle?"

I nodded again, this time a grin spreading across my face.

Kent too smiled. "Good." He said, taking a Pokeball off his belt. "Be ready for a hard battle then!" He shouted, tossing the Pokeball into the air. It quickly opened and a white light exploded from it. When it cleared, a grayish green Pokemon stood on the ground, a leaf on its head and seeds around its neck.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Chapter Four: Part I

The rain had stopped to a slight drizzle. Renka stared annoyedly at the sky. So it rains right after the battle with a fire Pokemon. Gee, is the world that fed up with me?

She shook her head. No time to be thinking about that. I have to get to the next city as soon as possible. According to her map, that would be Maple City. Also the home of the first Gym.

I wonder what type it'll be? Rock? Grass? Water? Ugh, please no fire, I've had enought of those for a while.

She glanced at the Pokeball clutched in her hand. She had healed up Skorupi and Hoppip first thing once the fire was put out. Still, they had seemed a bit tired when she had released them that morning. Of course, that was no surprise, seeing how much effort they had put in the last battle.

Renka's fist shook. She had come so close to losing that time! No matter what, I have to get stronger. That will mean a lot of training.

But something interesting had happened that morning. When she had checked on her Pokemon, her Pokedex had reacted to Skorupi for some reason. The thing was, the small scorpion Pokemon had learned a new move, called Pursuit. A dark-type attack.

"Well, that's good," Renka muttered. "At least we'll stand a chance if the Gym happens to be a Psychic type."

She walked down the small trail of burnt grass, kicking up pebbles as she did so. Well, at least one good thing came out of that fire. Most of the grass if burnt, and with rain, nearly all the smell is washed away. So no more all--

She yawned. She had not gotten much sleep last night. Even without her Pokemon, she had had to help putting out the fire with usual methods. Her arms were still a bit sore from all that bucket carrying.

"At least it was good training," she grumbled.

She halted. She had arrived at a large, metal gate. A wooden sign planted next to it informed her that it was the entrance to Maple City. Pushing the creaking gate open, Renka sniffed the air. A sweet scent immediately met her nostrils. She bit her lip. Maple syrup.

Okay, calm down. Caaaaaaalm down. It's just some stupid liquid taken out of some trees. It's not like it's anything--

Renka bounced up and down. Maple syrup! Skipping down the road, she finally found the source of the smell. It was an elderly man who was sitting behind a wooden stall. The stall was quite large, and it had a row of maple syrup candy and lollipops attached to its top. The lower part was extended, covered in snow. Buckets lay on either side of the man.

"Why hello, Missy," he greeted her. "You fancy a bit'o syrup?"

Of course not! I don't have time for this, I have to hurry up and get to Maple City so that I can train for the Gy--

"Sure!" Renka smiled warmly. "I love syrup."

Hey, are you listening to me? Oh wait, it's am I listening to me?

"On a stick or liquid?" the old man asked.

"On a stick!" Renka replied jumpily.

The old hurried to pour some of the caramel brown liquid onto the snow. Soon, it began taking a jelly-like substance. He poked a stick into the blob and waited for it to cool down enough. When it was no longer hot, he gave the stick to Renka.

"Five dollars," he rasped.

Renka pulled out her purse. Taking out five bucks, she handed them sweetly to the old man. Then, unable to resist any longer, she leaned over to the syrup...

Oh hey, hey, hey! No! No, don't...!

Too late. Renka closed her mouth around the stick. The moment she tasted the sweet candy, she squealed happily. Jumping all around, she thanked the old man five times, then ran down the rest of the road, candy still sticking out of her mouth,

The air warmed. She slowed. Dozens of white buildings rose before her. The sandy road-like trail shifted to a stone pavement. Thousands of different sugary scents flitted across the air. Renka breathed in. Then she took a step. She had arrived at Maple City. Then, glancing across the street, she saw a small, wooden chariot. A delicious smell of sweetness drifted from it.

Oh boy.

And before she knew it, she was bouncing towards the chariot, already slipping ten dollars out of her purse.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Chapter IV: Sweet Syrup, Sweeter Victory! Part 2

The sound of movement in the cabin was what woke Neiteio up. Careful to not alert Dylan to his wakedness, he opened his eyes just a tiny bit, just enough to get an idea of where he was. Goliath was sleeping soundly on his back, and a sharp sizzle told Neiteio that breakfast was being prepared. Feeling somewhat safe, Neiteio slowly sat up.

"Hey there... What time is it?"

Without turning away from the griddle, Dylan responded, "Summer' roun' 4:30."

"04:30?! What the hell is wrong with this guy?!"

Dylan handed Neiteio a tin plate with two fried eggs and a surprisingly clean fork. "I bin meanin' to ask ya, ya look pretty banged up... what 'appened to ya?" He then turned his chair to face Neiteio's cot, and began to eat.

Relieved to have finally gotten the taste of syrup-air out of his mouth, Neiteio finished his first mouthful of egg before answering. "Some Slugma were migrating across Route 1... set the whole place on fire. I was at the Pokemon Center, and some Pokemon couldn't be evacuated-" Neiteio took another mouthful of well-seasoned egg "-so a bunch of us Trainers went out to stop them."

"Mmmm," replied Dylan, chewing thoughtfully.

When they he finished, Neiteio stood up and put his plate on the table. He then nudged Goliath with his foot. "Come on, we got work to do." Being a beetle, Goliath had to rock back and forth on his shell a few times before he could stand upright. The sweet air immediately took effect, and Goliath was soon hopping up and down. "Pin! Pin!"

Dylan grabbed a few nested buckets, the topmost one containing a jar of orange liquid and long metal tube with a plastic bottle attachment. When he had gathered all his equipment, the three left the cabin, passing the main path where they had met the previous day. It was still dark, and it was difficult to see where they were going.

As they walked, Neiteio gave Goliath his instructions. "Alright, Goliath, I need you to focus. Point out the trees that have good sap in them, okay?"

Goliath didn't respond, but instead happily ran over to a rather ordinary tree. Dylan had already emptied the contents of the mysterious jar into the equally-mysterious device, and by pulling a trigger Neiteio didn't notice before, he marked the tree with a pellet of flourescent orange paint.

They continued following Goliath, every once in a while stopping to shoot a tree. After around 30 trees, Dylan suddenly stopped and handed Neiteio the paint marker. "I need a rest. I ain't ne'er cov'red so much ground in one mornin'... 'Ere, you take over fer a while." Neiteio accepted the marker, and looked around for Goliath, who would undoubtedly be pointing out his next tarket. Just by listening, he found the drunken beetle clawing at a tree to his right. Neiteio stepped over a low bush, and was walking toward the tree, when he suddenly felt unusually lightheaded. He tried to steady himself, but ended up falling backwards. He tried to get up, but he just couldn't. His body wouldn't move. It was like he was...

"Paralyzed? Yeah, Stun Spore tends ta do that." Dylan knelt down next to Neiteio's immobile body, accompanied by an insect Pokemon with a giant mushroom on its back. Keeping his voice low as to not attract Goliath's attention, he whispered, "Boy, I been around a good while, and I ain't never seen a Pinsir that look quite like yours... how much ya think he's worth? Maybe
    Lenore Region
    75,000?" Without rising, Dylan looked up at the walking mushroom and said, "Get close and hit 'im with a Stun Spore." The Pokemon obediently shuffled off, presumably to find and paralyze Goliath.

Meanwhile, Goliath, who had just realized that his tree had not yet been marked, turned back to where he last saw Neiteio and Dylan, but saw no one. He called out, "Pin! Pin!". Understandably, there was no response. Unfortunately, instead of going off to look for his Trainer, he stayed put.

Five minutes passed, and the Parasect had not returned. Dylan's anxiety was becoming more and more apparent. "Damn bug prob'ly causin' trouble. It'll be done soon." Right as those words left his mouth, the Parasect came crashing through the trees, landing on top of him.

Having landed on its back, the Parasect could not get up and it skinny little legs scurried about uselessly in the air. "Oy! Get offa me! Come on... get...." Ironically, the impact caused Parasect's tochikasu mushroom to spontaneously release Spores, which knocked Dylan unconscious.

Standing in the wake of this mayhem was Goliath, who was chittering quite angrily. He had noticed the Parasect sneaking around him, and Seismic Tossed it in the direction of Dylan's voice. He began walking toward the Parasect to continue his onslaught, when he literally ran right into his Trainer, who was still unable to move.

"Pin! Pin!" Neiteio took this to mean, "What are you doing just lying here? I almost got stolen!" However, when Goliath noticed that Neiteio's eyes were open and he wasn't getting up, he made the connection that his Trainer was paralyzed. With remarkable intuition, Goliath pulled off Neiteio's backpack and started rummaging around in it. After a few moments, he dropped the bag having found the ridiculously spicy Cheri Berries that Neiteio had saved back when he didn't know what Pinsir ate. Inspecting the Berries carefully, Goliath held them over Neiteio's mouth and crushed them, letting the spicy extract fall.

The effect was immediate. Neiteio suddenly began to feel the sensation returning in his limbs, and soon was able to sit up. He still felt lightheaded, but at least he could move.

"Good work... I owe you one." He gestured at the tree that Goliath had pointed out before. "Go on, you deserve it."

Goliath clicked his horns in delight, and immediately latched onto a tree, which he easily pierced with his sharp teeth.

Neiteio eventually stood up and stretched. After watching Goliath's antics for a while, he turned toward Dylan and the Parasect. He walked over to the pair, and gently removed Dylan's wallet from his pocket. After riffling through it, he extracted a few
    Lenore Region
    5,000 notes and replaced the wallet exactly has he had found it. He was ready to leave with his prize, when he suddenly stopped as if he remembered something important that he was supposed to do. Venting his anger in the only way that seemed appropriate, he turned back towards Dylan's sleeping body and delivered unto him a stone-shattering kick to the 'nads. "Just a little something for when you wake up. Bastard."

Not very comfortable with the prospect of being lost in the woods, Neiteio checked the direction of the rising sun to gain his bearings, and when Goliath had finished his breakfast, they headed towards town again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They reached the Maple City Pokemon Center just as the sun was beginning to strengthen in the sky. This time, Neiteio couldn't be bothered with the insomniac Nurse's cheerful greeting. He immediately headed over to the Trainer's Corner and fell asleep on an armchair.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Damian left the Pokemon Center and made his way to the big tan building in the center of town labeled GYM. He couldn't wait to get his first gym challenge underway. He released his two Pokemon, looked at them intensely and said, "Are you guys ready for a real challenge?" His two Pokemon gave enthusiastic cheers, they were confident.

He pushed opened the wooden door and took a good look around the gym; inside of the building could've been almost identical to the woods surrounding the town if the trees hadn't been green. There was a beautiful maze of flowers with several large grand oak trees. The ceiling was actually transparent and Damian realized that the gym is also a gigantic green house. He looked around and noticed in the grass a little girl whose hair was a off tint between a green and a brown.

He approached her and asked,"Hi there little girl, do you happen to know if the gym leader is anywhere around here?" She turned and gave him a wide grin, he noticed she still had teeth growing in, she couldn't have been more than 8 or 9.

"Oh you mean my brother? He should be back soon, he went o the store to pick up some fertilizer, if you're looking for a battle though, you got one right here!" She stood up and was holding a pokeball in hand. She reared back her arm and in a weak throw tossed out the ball releasing her Pokemon. Damian pulled his pokedex from his pocket and aimed at the Pokemon.
    Lenore Region

Cherubi
    Sunlight colors it red. When the small ball is drained of nutrients, it shrivels to herald evolution.

"Alright then, sounds like a plan! Go Shroom use your tackle attack!" The mushroom zipped from Damians side and smashed into Cherubi knocking it backwards onto its side. The Cherubi stood and shook off the attack clearing its mind and getting back into the battle.

"Okay Cherubi lets counter with your Magical leaf attack go!" Cherubi Swung the leaves on its head around quickly and 7 golden leaves flew out towards Shroom. Shroom artfully jumped out of the way but the leaves turned like a boomerang and struck Shroom on the back of his head.

Luckily thanks to the fact that he was a grass type the attack didn't do as much damage as it had potential to do. " Alright! Shroom lets try using false swipe!" Shroom nodded and have an agreeing grunt and launched at Cherubi screaming, he stopped dead short and the minute Cherubi noticed that it hadn't be hit it got cracked across the face by Shrooms head.

"Cherubi come on! Use your sunny day to speed yourself up and then try a take down attack!" Cherubi picked itself up and then shot a golden ball from its mouth straight up in the air. The greenhouse was flooded with bright light and Damian could feel it getting hotter inside the room, if he weren't in the presence of a young girl he would probably have normally removed his black shirt. As Cherubi started charging at Shroom Damian yelled out.

"Alright Shroom meet her take down with a head on tackle!" Shroom complied and charged at Cherubi at the same speed, the two collided and were sent to opposite sides of the gym. Shroom quickly picked himself up but something was wrong with Cherubi, it was glowing brightly and seemed to be growing larger. "Cherubi's evolving!" Damian yelled as the small berry like Pokemon finished its evolution taking on the form of a closed bud. It quickly opened revealing a beautiful flower inside and a smiling pink Pokemon. Damian picked up his pokedex and tried to get information on his new adversary.
    Lenore Region
    --->
    Lenore Region

Cherrim
    If it senses strong sunlight, it opens its folded petals to absorb the sun's rays with its whole body.

"Oh Yay! Cherubi finally evolved, okay let's try using solar beam Cherrim!" The pink flower nodded and opened its mouth. It only took a second before a gigantic beam started blasting towards Shroom.

"HOLY SH..." Damian stopped himself from cussing near the little girl as his Pokemon was engulfed by the giant glowing beam that blasted it far across the gym into a tree. Shroom picked itself up using the few reserves of strength it had left. "Shroom use leech seed and absorb!" Damian commanded his Pokemon.

Shroom picked itself up and spat at Cherrim but instead of spit came a small seed that shot vines around Cherrims body and bound it together sapping its strength and to add to the combination Shroom started absorbing energy using its absorb attack. In combination both the attack weakened Cherrim so greatly that it succumbed to unconsciousness.

"Wow you really are a good trainer! You're defiantly good enough to challenge my brother to a battle! Here's some berries so your Pokemon can heal up." She handed Shroom and handful of berries that he gratefully chowed down on. Behind him Damian heard the door to the gym open again and a green haired boy walked in with a huge bag of fertilizer in his hands.

"Hi," He said, " My names Kent and I am the Gym leader of Maple city, I assume your here for a challenge?"

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Tristin the Xatu: Interesting post, and I read your comment in the OOC thread. I only stated that money wasn't an issue simply because I don't care if you buy things reasonably, but your explanation does clear things up. Good post, Pinsir grew to level 13 and learned Harden!
    Summer: Great battle and interesting way in showing evolution! Shroom grew to level 11!
    Neiko Star: Sorry, you may continue on. :)

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Post 3 of 3

My Pokedex rang in my pocket.

Lenore Region

"Chikorita, the Leaf Pokemon. It used the leaf on its head to determine the temperature and humidity. It loves to sunbathe." My Pokedex stated.

"Alright Heracross, go out there," I shouted.

"Hera," Heracross said and nodded.

"Wow, a Shiny Heracross!" Kent shouted across the field, astonished. "Don't see many of them around here! Looks quite strong, too!"

"Thanks," I smiled.

"But this isn't time to stall," Kent said clearing his throat. "Razor Leaf, Chikorita!"

"Chika!" Chikorita nodded, before whipping back its head and swung it forward making several long leaves flying towards Heracross.

"Fly up and use Aerial Ace!" I commanded.

Heracross quickly jumped up before being slashed by the razor sharp leaves. He opened his bug wings and started to fly around to build momentum. Then, he quickly flew down, his figure blurred as one of his wings struck Chikorita hard and made it stumble backwards.

"Chika!" the Pokemon shouted painfully. It got to its feet achingly, but it wasn't able to regain its balance. Heracross swooped down once more with Aerial Ace and sent Chikorita stumbling backwards once more.

"Finish it off with Fury Swipes!" I shouted.

Heracross once more swooped down, but this time, slashed Chikorita with its claws. As Chikorita was knocked backwards, it didn't get up again.

Kent quickly returned his Pokemon to its Pokeball. "Who knew a Bug Pokemon could learn a Flying move?" Kent said, impressed. He took another Pokeball off his belt. "But this one won't be as easy!" Throwing it, a bright light exploded from it. When it cleared, Kent's Bulbasaur stood on the ground, ready for battle.

"Use Leaf Storm!" Kent commanded.

"Bulba," the Pokemon nodded and started to focus. Suddenly, all the trees in the gym became to blow and leaves shot from them.

"Hera?!" Heracross shouted, shocked as the leaves shot straight for him.

"Dodge!" I shouted. Heracross quickly jumped back and forth, but didn't watch from behind. He was quickly hit with the razor leaves, messing up his purple armor. Then he was hit again – from all sides this time. When the leaf storm subsided, Kent shouted, "Razor Leaf!"

The Bulbasaur lowered its head and then, several short leaves shot out from its bulb and flew towards Heracross. My Pokemon was already pretty injured and it was panting heavily.

"Dodge it, Heracross!" I shouted. Heracross spread his wings and got into the air before the razor leaves came in contact. "Use Aerial Ace!"

Heracross nodded and quickly flew down at the Bulbasaur. "Tackle!" Kent ordered and his Bulbasaur quickly jumped up, colliding head on with Heracross. Both Pokemon were knocked back.

"Fury Swipes, quick!" Heracross obeyed and lunged at the Bulbasaur, slashing it with its claws. But when the Bulbasaur stumbled back, several leaves shot from its bulb.

"Hera!" Heracross shouted as the leaves struck him. He rolled backwards and landed on his stomach. "Herrrrr."

"Finish it with Leaf Storm." Kent shouted. Bulbasaur nodded and started to concentrate.

As the trees began to blow, Heracross got to his feet. Then, the leaves shot out at him.

This will be the end, I thought. Wait, if Heracross uses Aerial Ace, he may get enough speed to evade all the leaves and get Bulbasaur!

"Aerial Ace!" I shouted.

Heracross nodded and flew up. He quickly started to fly around, building up speed. All the leaves missed him.

"Yes!" I shouted. It worked!

Then Heracross flew down at the Bulbasaur and slashed it with its wings. It was knocked to the side and Heracross was turning up in the air.

"Finish it with another Aerial Ace!" I shouted.
    "Cross!" my Pokemon shouted and flew back down at the Bulbasaur. Quickly slashing it once more, the Bulbasaur rolled forward onto its stomach. It did not get up.

Heracross landed in front of the Bulbasaur, panting.

"We did it!" I laughed.

Kent recalled his Bulbasaur and walked up Heracross, smiling. "Great job," he said as I ran up to him and my Pokemon. I picked up Heracross and held him tight.

"Thanks," I smiled. Kent then turned and started to fish in his pocket. Retrieving a small item, he showed me it. It was the Maple Badge.

"This belongs to you," he said. I waited to make sure Heracross was holding onto me, then took the badge and placed it on my palm. It was a syrup-like color and looked like a tree.

"The Maple Badge," I sighed, smiling. I looked at Kent. "Thanks."

Kent nodded. "No problem." He said. "You deserved it. Both you and Heracross do."

I smiled.

---

As I entered the Pokemon Center, I walked up to the counter and placed Heracross's Pokeball on a tray. "Please heal my Pokemon," I said.

Nurse Joy smiled. "Alright."

After Nurse Joy took my Pokemon, I decided to call Professor Leef. I walked up to a video monitor and dialed his number. After a few answers, his face appeared and he quickly smiled.

"Oh, hello Jess," he said.

"Hi, Professor."

"Jess, did you know you were on the news?" I blinked.

"What?"

"From the Slugma migration!" Professor Leef shouted excitedly. "Oh, you were wonderful! So were the other trainers! You all had wonderful strategies to take care of the Slugmas."

I blushed. "Uh, thank you Professor."

"You're welcome," he smiled. "By the way, I wanted to tell you that your parents told me to tell you that your grandfather left you a note."

I blinked. "Really..?"

Professor Leef nodded. "It says that he wants you to be the best trainer you can be. He knew he wouldn't be able to watch you grow with your Pokemon, but he knows you will be a great trainer."

I smiled.

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Royal: Congrat's, Heracross grew to level 15! You did already message me, but that was after you wrote this post. From now on, before you add anything where you might recieve something, wait for my persmission first. Go read my PM, and then wait in the correct area. However, if you would like to battle the Ledyba or do something else instead of waiting for the next chapter, you may do that.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 3, Pt II of II:

"Ok! Scyther use Pursuit!" Max shouted.

Scyther nodded and crossed his scythes in front of him. He knew very well that this wouldn't be a battle to play around in. He turned his neck left and right, popping it, and then disapppeared. It was harder for Scyther to maintain his disappearence then normal because the light form the fire basically kept him from doing so.

The shiny colored Slugma sat there, looking as undazed as could be. He looked like Scyther was his friend, he was right in front of him, and he wasn't in any danger. Suddenly Scyther appeared behind him and smacked him away with his scythe. Slugma flew back a little, but did a backflip in midair and landed on the ground.

It focused its sight on the ground in front of it, and then suddenly a huge boulder with a purple outlining popped out of the ground. It hovered in midair, while Slugma stared at it.

Slugma then looked at Scyther, and the boulder came shooting foreward. Scyther gritted his teeth, he knew he wouldn't be able to dodge it. So he crouched down on one knee, and made an 'X' with his scythes in front of him. The boulder collided head on with him, and he flew back a little. He placed his feet down and he skidded to a halt.

"Ok! Scyther use Silver Wind!" Max shouted.

Scyther focused his sight on the Slugma still, and held his scythes out, both of their tips pointed at Slugma. He started rapidly flapping his tiny wings and then slashed the air in front of him with his scythes.

The wind tumbled through the air towards Slugma. It was clearly visable and the air slashes Scyther made were clearly seen. Slugma leapt in to the air to try and dodge it, but it didn't work.

The wind smacked against his side and he tumbled to the ground, back first. Dirt and sand was kicked up and Max couldn't see a thing over there. Suddenly, the dirt and sand turned in to smoke, and it started spreading over towards Scyther.

"Slug!" a shout form the center of the smoke was heard. Suddenly a ball of orange flames hurtled out of the smoke towards Scyther. It colidded and Scyyther was sent spiraling out towards Max. Max grunted and caught Scyther, but couldn't hold him so he gently set him down on the ground.

"Scy...ther." Scyther spat. He stood up and Max could tell he was weakened. That was an ember attack, and fire type attacks are super effective against grass and bug types.

"Ok! Use Quick attack and then Silver Wind!" Max wanted to end the battle as soon as he could, and to try and avoid ember attacks as much as possible, or this battle would end sooner then one would think.

Scyther readied his scythes in front of him, and then sped off. His feet were moving rapidly, and his scythes were as sharp as razor blades. A white slipstream was left behind Scyther.

Suddeny, Scyther was in front of Slugma. He then slammed in to the Slugma, knocking it back and began flapping his wings. He sliced the air in front of him and the air tumnbled forward towards Slugma.

Slugma looked up just in time to be slammed in to by the wind and was sent flying back. He landed and then shot out a purple smoke, it was a smog attack.

"Scyther get out of their! The smog will poison you!" Max shouted. Scyther leapt back as soon as Max said get out of their. He trusted his trainer, and would do whatever he said during a battle.

Slugma then hurled a huge boulder towards Scyther. Scyther could dodge it this time. He used a Quick Attack and sped towards Slugma, dashing underneath the boulder. He appeared in front of Slugma and sne thim flying back by pushing him away with his scyther.

"Scyther!" Scyther shouted with glee. Max wondered why Scyther was celebrating right now, but once Scyther moved over to the left a little, Max saw it. The Slugma was retreating! Max smiled with victory written all over his face. Scyther had won against a fire tye! Maybe he had barely won, but he had still won!

END
    Sorry the battle sucked so much...and sorry its so late, I've just had absolutely 0 inspiration for this post...

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Pikalover10: Great job! Scyther grew to level 13 and learned False Swipe!

I would everyone (aside from Royal (you know why)), to PM me one pokemon you would like. It may be anything, except legendaries. You may also choose one of the Eevee evolutions.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Chapter IV: Sweet Syrup, Sweeter Victory! Part 3

By the time Neiteio woke up, the Pokemon Center was buzzing with activity. He massaged his neck, which was stiff from having slept upright, and checked his watch- 03:22. This was the beginning of an irregular sleep schedule, which bordered on nocturnal.

The Cafeteria seemed to attempt to slip maple syrup into all of their menu items, and after perusing the list multiple times, Neiteio decided that it would be best to get something to eat elsewhere. His small fortune in hand, Neiteio went on his first ever shopping spree. Or at least attempted to. All the stores in the city focused on the maple syrup gimmick, and the clothing stores only sold clothes in "tree colors"- shades of green, red, orange, and brown. Finally, after two hours of wandering, he stumbled across a well-hidden outdoor clothing store. Instead of the aforementioned tree colors, the walls were covered with various forms of military-inspired camouflage and SWAT team black.

After some deliberating, Neiteio settled on a pair of urban (gray) digital camouflage pants and a "tactical vest", a tough sleeveless jacket covered with small pockets and straps. He also picked up a utility knife, a new pair of boots, and a spare canteen. Unable to wait, he immediately changed clothes in the store's bathroom.

His next stop was the PokeMart, which was marked by a bold blue roof. After rearranging the contents of his backpack and slipping what he could into the vest pockets, Neiteio bought 5 Super Potions, and 3 Antidotes and Paralyz Heals. He was headed to another store to buy some syrup for Goliath when he noticed a wave of trainers rushing toward the Pokemon Center. Remembering the Slugma emergency on Route 1, Neiteio followed them to find out what was wrong... just in case.

"Ahh... he's too strong..." "I didn't even last a minute..." "That Bulbasaur..." The air in the Center was filled with complaints about some unknown, but apparently skilled Trainer who had KO'ed their Pokemon in record time.

Not understanding the cause of their troubles, Neiteio asked to no one in particular, "Who're you talking about?"

Quite a few heads turned in response, and when they saw that he seriously didn't know, one of the victims spoke up. "Kent, this city's Gym Leader."

Immediately thinking of an exercise gym, Neiteio responded, "Gym Leader, eh? If you went to a Gym, how'd all of your Pokemon get beaten up?"

As her Pokemon was being treated, Neiteio and the young woman walked over to the Trainer's Corner. "Gym Leaders are highly skilled Trainers that run Pokemon Gyms," she began. "Pokemon Gyms are places to train, but most of the time, people go there to challenge the Gym Leader. If you beat them, you get a Badge, some prize money, and sometimes a TM..."

Not caring much about these "Badges" and "TMs", Neiteio inquired about the prize money. Unless he managed to rob a random woodsman in each town he visited, he would need some sort of income...

"Yeah, you get some money, but the real prize is the badge... once you get eight, you're eligible to enter the Lenore Pokemon League-"

Neiteio had heard everything he needed to hear. Beating Gym Leaders along his trip would give him a steady income, a means to continue traveling, eating, and buying equipment. "Tell me... umm..."

"My name's Brandy," she volunteered, filling in the blank.

Neiteio continued, "Brandy, what are Kent's Pokemon like? What attacks do they use?"

She laughed at the sudden interview. "That's the kind of stuff a Trainer's supposed to figure out on their own." With that, she got up and walked back over to the front desk to ask Nurse Joy about her Murkrow.

"Alright, so I need to beat this Kent guy. Shouldn't be a problem. But first, I need to do some recon..."

Neiteio checked the town map on the wall. Apparently, the Gym was the biggest building in the town, and was north of his current position. Pokedex in hand, he quickly walked to the Maple City Gym. Upon reaching the building, he headed to the west wall. Although there was no shade, there were enough bushes for him to remain hidden as he spied on a Gym battle in progress. Somehow, Neiteio could just tell that the young green-haired boy was the Leader. He seemed to fit the Gym decorum: aside from the designated battle area, plants and trees filled the Gym. Neiteio pointed his PokeDex at the Leader's Pokemon, a blue-green creature with what looked like a giant head of garlic on its back.

Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokemon.

Lenore Region

There is a plant seed on its back right from the day this Pokémon is born. By soaking up the sun's rays, the seed sprouts into a bulb, which grows progressively larger. The bulb provides Bulbasaur with an arsenal of Grass-type moves, such as Leech Seed and Vine Whip.​

Good, good."

Neiteio continued watching, paying specific attention to Kent's Pokemon's attacks. He was ready to leave, when in a sudden turn of events, Kent's Bulbasaur was knocked unconscious by a fierce Tackle. Kent calmly recalled his Bulbasaur and replaced it with another small Pokemon that was obviously of the Grass-type. Neiteio scanned it anyway:

Chikorita, the Leaf Pokemon

Lenore Region

A sweet aroma gently wafts from the leaf on its head. It is docile and loves to soak up the sun's rays. In battle, Chikorita waves its leaf around to keep the foe at bay, and uses its Razor Leaf move to strike at opponents' weak points.​

The Chikorita KOed the opponent with a swift Razor Leaf attack. Defeated, the challenger recalled his Pokemon and ran off to the Pokemon Center like the hundreds before him. Disappointed that he couldn't study more of the Chikorita's attacks, Neiteio determined that he would just have to work with the information he had, and challenge Kent in the morning.

He returned to "his" chair in the Pokemon Center, and was about to study Bulbasaur's properties, when Brandy approached him. "Hey, I just got my Murkrow back. You wanted to fight Kent, right? Well, if you can't beat me, then just forget about it!"

Neiteio ignored Brandy's challenge, and instead focused on the tiny LCD that was currently listing the properties of Grass-type moves.

"Not very effective against Bug-type Pokemon... Good, good..."

Brandy was becoming increasingly agitated. "HEY! ARE YOU IGNORING ME?! WHAT KIND OF TRAINER TURNS DOWN A CHALLENGE?!"

Neiteio was trying to find information on how effective Pinsir's attacks would be on Grass-types, but Brandy's raging was most distracting. Neiteio sighed and stood up, giving Brandy his Mean Look. "I guess there's only one way to shut you up."

On hearing this, Brandy clapped in glee, then pulled Neiteio outside and into a small field behind the Center that was relatively free of obstacles. She took her place a good distance away from Neiteio and sent held out her PokeBall. "Come on out, Raven!" Her "Raven" was a small black bird Pokemon with a disproportionately large beak.

"If Kent's Grass-types were able to beat her Murkrow, Goliath's resistances may not be as useful as I thought..."

Brandy's Murkrow cawed, bringing Neiteio back to the present. He pulled Goliath's PokeBall off his belt and wordlessly opened it. Goliath needs no introduction.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 4: Pt. I:

Max had finally arrived. He finally arrived to Maple City. It was the first City that contained a Gym. Max had already went to the Pokemon Center to heal Scyther up, and was now sitting around in a big field surrounded by Maple City's most popular plant, the maple tree.

Max smiled up at the sky. He was lying on his back next to Scyther, relaxing until their gym battle. "Can't wait, huh?" Max asked.

"Scy." Scyther admitted. Both of them couldn't wait to prove themselves and win against the Gym leader.

"I here he has two grass Pokemon...all around your level. We should probably train some before we battle him, seeing as how it'll be tough since your the only Pokemon on my team right now." Max said sitting up now.

Scyther sat up and nodded. Max was right. Suddenly, a twig snapped from a bush and Max instinctively shot to his feet. Scyther was still sitting on the ground when a ladybug flew from the bushes towards Max.

Its eyes were closed and it was on a collision course for Max. "Wah!" Max yelped. He fell backwards and landed on the ground hard, staring at the ladybug who was flying away. Max quickly scanned it with his Pokedex, to get its data before it was gone.
    Lenore Region

Species: Ledyba, the ladybug Pokemon.
    Entry: It is so timid, it can't move if it isn't with a swarm of others. It conveys its feelings with scent.

Then, a man wearing a blue shirt tucked in to his brown shorts came running out of the bushes. He wore a travelers hat and carried a long net. He was followed by a Butterfly Pokemon.

The man tripped and fell to his knees. He sighed and sat down on the ground. He dropped his net and tossed his hat aside, apparently sad about something. He looked up and stared at Max, as if Max was the first human being he had ever seen.

"Uhm...why were you chasing that Ledyba?" Max finally asked.

"Because, I'm a Pokemon bug type collector. I'm absolutely fascinated by bug type Pokemon! My dream is to catch and raise every single bug type Pokemon!" he said. Max nodded and Scyther stood up, walking over next to Max. Max looked at Scyther and smiled.

"Woah! You have a Scyther!" the man shouted. He ran up and took out a pencil and a notepad. He stood right in front of Scyther, and began looking around him crazily. He then sketched a picture of Scyther from the front.

"Uh...yeah. He's my beginning Pokemon." Max said uncomfortably.

"Woah! Hold up a second. You got this extremely rare Scyther as your beginner!? He's not even a normal shaded Scyther! He's a shiny Pokemon!" the man shouted.

"So? It doesn't matter. That stupid butterfly of yours could be a shiny and it wouldn't matter! I could still destroy it with my awesome Scyther." Max bragged.

"Oh really? Well then let's have a battle. My name's Tyler and let's have a one on one battle." Tyler said.

"Fine! I'm Max and I'll destroy your stupid butterfly." Max said. He took out his Pokedex and scanned the butterfly first.
    Lenore Region

Species: Buterfree, the butterfly Pokemon.
    Entry: It loves the honey of flowers and can locate flower patches that have even tiny amounts of pollen.

"Ok! Scyther use Pursuit!" Max shouted.

"Use Confusion!" Tyler shouted.

Scyther smirked in confidence and crossed his scythes. He backed up in to the shadows underneath a maple tree and disappeared. The Butterfree continued to fly in the air, its eyes searching everywhere for a glimpse of Scyther.

Scyther appeared right in front of the Buterfree and sliced it away with his scythes. He then stood up straight, and licked his scythe. There wasn't anything on it, but he just felt like doing that.

Buterfree slammed in to a tree, but then fluttered back in to position and focused its sights on Scyther. ITs eyes then glowed a deep purple and a beam fo purple energy shto from its eyes at Scyther.

Scyther quickly jumped in to the air and dodged it. Scyther then dashed forward at the Buterfree, using Quick Attack. He then slamed in to the Buterfree, knocking it to the ground. Scyther popped his neck again, and this time Buterfree glared at him with anger. Scyther saw this and smirked, it apparently made him happy.

"Silver Wind, Scyther!" Max shouted.

"Use Confusion!" Tyler said.

Scyther's scythes began glowing. This was a new way to approach the silver wind attack, but Max figured it might work better, so he let Scyther do it. Scyther's wings began furiously buzzing and a huge gust of wind was sent spiraling at Buterfree. Buterfree's eyes widened as it just sat there, floating in mid air.

As if it couldn't get any worse for Buterfree, Scyther slashed with his claws and the two huge claw marks where sent spiraling foreward with the wind. They both slamemd in to Buterfree and it flew back, htting and breaking a maple tree. The tree fell over and a bunch oof maple syrup that was in a bucket fell on top of Buterfree, covering it with syrup.

As Buterfree got up, it began charging the Confusion attack, but right before it shot the beam out four Ledbya got in front of Buterrfree and were hit instead. The Ledyba got up slowly and then began hitting Butterfree with lit up fists. After the Ledyba were finished and flew off, Butterfree was out cold. Max sighed and patted Scyther with a smile. They technically had won, but Max didn't feel that way.

"Hey...how's about we call this little battle a draw since we were interrupted." Max said as the man walked up with his BUtterfree in its Pokeball. The man nodded with a smile and took another Pokeball off his belt.

"I have an idea. I have this really strong Beedrill, want to trade that rare Scyther for it?" Tyler asked.

Max stood there frozen. Tyler really wanted to trade a stupid Beedrill, whatever that was, for Scyther? Idiot! He would never trade Scyther. Still, max stood there with scyther's empty Pokeball in his hand, debating it. Scyther stared at Max, with a hopeful look that Max wouldn't trade him away on his face.

END
    (Max didn't trade Scyther, yet! he might trade Scyther he might not...so don't get the wrong idea)

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Chapter Four: Part II

Renka skipped in the tall grass.

"I might as well train my Pokemon," she said brightly. She took out her Pokeballs and tossed them into the air. With the usual popping sound, Skorupi and Hoppip appeared in a flash of light.

"Aww, my Pokemon are so cute!" Renka squealed. "Why didn't I give you two nicknames?"

Skorupi and Hoppip stared at their trainer. They exchanged alarmed glances.

What happened to her? Skorupi chittered in horror.

I don't know! Hoppip squeaked. But you know, I kind of like her like this!

Renka blinked as Skorupi shot a look at Hoppip, as though it was gaping at it. She shrugged, and, as she turned around, she saw two little red dots moving in the grass. She leaned over for a closer look.

They were small, insect Pokemon. Their backs were red with little black dots. Ladybugs. Renka's Pokedex sprang on:

Lenore Region

Ledyba#165 : Five Star Pokemon
    Bug/Flying
    Ledyba secretes an aromatic fluid from where its legs join its body. This fluid is used for communicating with others. This Pokemon conveys its feelings to others by altering the fluid's scent.

"They're so cute!" Renka squealed. "I've got to catch one."

Skorupi shifted uneasily.

"All right, Skorupi!" Renka called. "Use Bite on the one on the left! Hoppip, you use Confusion on the one on the right!"

The Pokemon obeyed. Skorupi charged, and, despite its small size, it managed to sink its fangs in one of the Ledyba's wings. Hoppip lifted its own Ledyba into the air, and sent it crashing into a nearby boulder.

"Great!" Renka beamed.

But she spoke too soon. The left Ledyba shook Skorupi off, and as a bright light covered its fist, it punched Skorupi into the air.

"Hoppip!" Renka said quickly. "Use Confusion!"

Hoppip nodded, and concentrated. Skorupi stopped in mid-air. Hoppip let the scorpion Pokemon down gently on the ground.

"Skorupi, get up!" Renka begged it.

Skorupi twitched. Then, slowly, it heaved itself up. The other Ledyba, too, was getting up, shaking off the splinters of rock as though nothing had happened.

"Careful, they're coming!" Renka said. The two Ledyba were charging in a full-force Tackle. "Skorupi, dodge to the left and jump onto its back! Hoppip, you have to jump over it!"

Skorupi did as it was told. It threw itself to the left, and clinged onto the Ledyba's wings. Hoppip floated with the wind, then dropped itself back onto the ground. Bothe Pokemon were surprised at how easy it had been.

"Good, now, Skorupi, use Poison Sting on its side!" Renka told it. "That's its weakness! And Hoppip, now use Confusion on the grass!"

Skorupi, still clinging onto the Ledyba's wings, raised its tail and shot out several sharp, poisonous stings on the side of the ladybug Pokemon, where its shell ended and where there was no protection. The Ledyba winced in pain. Half of its legs dropped down uselessly. Hitting that critical spot had paralyzed and dislocated its leg muscles. Hoppip had it as easy: it raised all of the tall grass into one large vine and managed to wrap it around the other Ledyba. The latter screeched in surprise as it felt the vine constrict its body.

"Now, Skorupi!" Renka said excitedly. "Jump down and use Poison Sting again! Hoppip, keep it going!"

Skorupi hopped down from the Ledyba's back, just as this one suddenly hit the ground with a loud thud. One of its wings was fluttering. Skorupi understood: the muscles in the wing must have stopped working properly too. Then, remembering Renka's orders, it fired out a large number of poison particles from its claws and tail. Each time the Ledyba was hit, it was sent flying. It finally landed with a sickening crunch.

"One down," Renka said happily.

On the other end, Hoppip was still constricting the other Ledyba. It flailed around, choking. Then, it gave one last twitch and its body went limp. Unconscious.

"We did it!" Renka exclaimed.

Skorupi looked curiously at her. She was acting alarmingly sweet and nice, and that thought worried it, but at the same time, it seemed like Renka was a better trainer when she was in this state. Strange.

"All right, you two," Renka ran over to them, beaming. "You did great! Why don't we celebrate? We could go and buy some maple syrup candy for Pokemon!"

Skorupi and Hoppip exchanged raised eyebrows expressions. Maple syrup? Renka blinked.

"Oh yeah!" she cried. "I forgot!" She took out a Pokeball. Glancing at the unconscious Ledyba, she threw it at it. The ball opened and, with a click, absorbed the Ledyba. Renka stared nervously as the ball shook, its center glowing red.

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Tristin the Xatu: Looks like you've got some competition!

Pikalover10: EDIT: Interesting way to win. :) Scyther grew to level 14. I'm eager to see... will Scyther someday be traded away?

Neiko Star: Great post! Skorupi grew to level 11 and Hoppip grew to level 8 and learned Tail Whip! You have also captured a level 9 Female Ledyba!

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 4, Pt. II:

Max wiped away some sweat that had formed under his eyebrow. He wrapped his right arm around Scyther and clipped the Pokeball back on to his belt. "No thanks, but I'm keeping Scyther. We're best buds and there's nothing you can do about it...but I'll catch you a Ledyba and trade it for the Beedrill." Max said.

"No thanks. The Ledyba's aren't as good as Beedrill. See ya around, Max. next time we run in to each other rematch ok?" Tyler said.

Max nodded and turned around to leave. He smiled at Scyther, who smiled back at him. Max would never trade Scyther away, but he wondered how strong that Beedrill was.

Scyther stopped moving as a branch snapped and a young man with green hair walked out from a thicket of trees. He smiled at Max as he tossed a Pokeball in to his hand, caught it, and kept repeating the action.

"Are you the Gym leader of Maple City? Are you Kent?" Max asked suddenly becoming serious.

"Why yes, yes I am. Who are you?" he asked.

"Name's Max, and I challenge you to a gym battle!" Max shouted pointing his right index finger at Kent. Kent smiled and stopped throwing his Pokeball. He gripped it and threw it in to the air. In a blinding flash a green Pokemon with a bulb on its back appeared in front of him.

"I accept." he said. "2 on 2 then?" he asked.

"Uhm...how about 2 on 1? I only have my Scyther." Max said.

"Oh...well then we'll do a 1 on 1 and if you want to if you beat Bulbusaur you can batle my other Pokemon...if you lose to it though you'll still get the badge." Kent said.

Max nodded with a broad smile. "Ok!" he took out his Pokedex and scanned the Pokemon before him first.
    Lenore Region

Species: Bulbusaur, the seed Pokemon.
    Entry: For some time after its birth, it grows by gaining nourishment from the seed on its back.

"Ok! Scyther use Quick Attack!" Max started the battle off.

"Use Vine Whip." Kent calmly replied.

Max had to give Kent some credit. It was his first year as a gym leader, but he was acting completely calm against Max. Scyther cracked his neck and put his scythes in front of him for protection.

Scyther then dashe doff towards Bulbusaur, ready to fight to win their first badge. Scyther's feet were rapidly switching between each other and Bulbusaur was just as calm as Kent. It was as if they were just one person.

Scyther slammed himself in to Bulbsaur, sending him flying back. Scyther smirked as he dropped his scythes a little, but the smirk quickly disappeared as a vine wrapped around Scyther's scythes.

Scyther looked up and saw two vines protruding from Bulbusaur's bulb, and he was quickly reeling himself in. Bulbusaur landed and then he flung Scyther away. "Scy!" Scyther yelled. He flew towards a tree, but did a front flip and pushed off the tree with his feet. He landed and glared at Bulbusaur evilly. Scyther reminded Max of a ninja...it was weird, but he did.

"Ok! Use Silver Wind!" Max shouted.

"Use Leech Seed!" Kent said.

Scyther gritted his teeth as he started rapidly flapping hsi wings. Air was tumbled together and shot towards Bulbusaur. Scyther quickly slashed the air and the air poweered by Scyther's slashes was sent tumbling towards Bulbusaur.

Bulbusaur shot forward a seed, but it was lashed away by the wind. Bulbusaur was hit and was sent flying away, and crashing in to a tree. Max popped his knuckles, hoping this would be an easy win as the batle was going so smoothly.

"Ok! Now use Pursuit!" Max shouted.

"Use Leaf Storm!" Kent sounded desperate. Max wondered what was going on. Scyther had hit him a few times, but not enough to beat him with Pursuit.

Scyther quickly stepped in to the shadows of the trees and disappeared. He repapeared behind Bulbusaur and slashed him away, sending him falling to the ground.

Bulbusaur stood up and suddenly a barage of leaves were storming from the bulb on his back. Scyther's eyes widened in horror as he was caught in the middle, being slashed about with the leaves.

"Scyther slash them away with your scythes!" max shouted.

Scyther nodded and swiped a few away with his scythes, but a bunch were still hiting him. Max grunted as he tried to figure out a solution. He looked around in the trees and found it. A bucket of maple syrup someone had left, he would have to lure Bulbusaur over there though.

"Ok! Scyther push Bulbusaur towards that tree over there with Quick Attack!" Max shouted.

"Bulusaur use Vine Whip!" Kent shouted.

Scyther nodded and dashed out of the leaves attack. Bulbusaur stopped attacking and Scyther slammed in to him, sending him flying back. He slammed in to the tree and the bucket toppled over, spilling maple syrup all over Bulbusaur.

Good luck. Max thought to himself. Bulbusaur stood up and the two vines came out of the bulb. Suddenly Ledyba were covered all over Bulbusaur. Bulbusaur shouted, trying to scare the Ledyba off and he then smacked them away with his vines.

Suddenly, the Ledyba became enraged and began htting Bulbusaur with their comet punches. Kent smirked at Max. "Nice use of the surrondings, kid." he commented quietly. Max nodded in thanks and focused back on the battle.

Bulbusaur shouted as loud as he could and suddenly all the Ledyba flew back from a Leef Storm. Bulbusaur then started looking around for Scyther, but he was nowhere to be found. Scyther sat quietly on a tree branch, a few meters away, waiting for a command.

"Use Pursuit and then Silver Wind!" Max shouted.

"USe Leech Seed!" Kent sounded desperate again.

Scyther disappeared from the shadows of the trees and invisably lurked over towards Bulbusaur. He stood in front of the small Pokemon that didn't know where he was. Scyther then appeared in frotn of it and smacked it away with his scythes.

His wings started furiously buzzing as he turned and faced towards the Bulbusaur. he sliced the air and a tumult of wind powered by the scythes slashes came barreling towards Bulbusaur.

Bulbusaur stood where he was, knowing he would be defeated. He was hit and slammed in to a tree, falling to the ground knocked out. Max laughed a little, but looked at Kent as he returned his Bulbusaur.

"Wanna?" Kent asked.

"Uhm...how about some other time? Scyther and I battled someone else right before this and we're kind of wiped...Maybe before I leave Maple city?" Max asked.

"Ok. Here, you earned it." Kent said.

Kent reached in to his pocket and tossed a small thing in the shape of a maple leaf. It was the Maple Badge. Max caught it and smiled at Kent. Kent nodded and tossed him a small metalic case, meant for trainers to keep their badges or ribbons in.

Max opened the case and palced the badge in it, and looked up to say bye to Kent, but Kent was gone. Max shrugged and wrapped his arms around Scyther who had walked up next to him. They had won their very first Gym Battle.

"Hey Scyther, once you're healed up at the Pokemon cented we're gonna go battle Kent's other Pokemon, ok?" Max said.

"Scy!" Scyther excitedly agreed. Apparently he wanted to be as strong as he possibly could.

END
    (I hope it was ok how I got my badge...In my next and last post for Maple City Max and Scyther will battle Chikorita anyway...)

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Pikalover10: Good job, but in the future, I don't care if you have less pokemon than the gym leader, you will battle against them all if you wish to recieve the badge. What you can do is battle one then heal your pokemon then battle in another post. But you did maybe battling before leaving. Shrug* Anyway, Scyther grew to level 16!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Wolfwhispers: Oops...ok from now on then I will:)(Sorry)

Chapter 4, Pt III

Max ran all around Maple City trying to find Kent. He had already got ot the Pokemon Center and had healed Scyther up...he was so psyched to battle Kent's other Pokemon. He looked all around and ran in to the thicket of maple trees where they had battled earlier.

Suddenly, Max heard a familiar voice. It was Kent! He was calling for a strange Pokemon's name, it was called Chikorita. Max shrugged and dashed towards his voice. Soon enough, he found Kent.

"Hey, Kent! Wanna battle again?" Max asked.

"Uhm yeah, but my other Pokemon is lost..." Kent said looking around.

"What does it look like?" Max asked scanning his Pokedex to find Chikorita.
    Lenore Region

Species: Chikorita, the Leaf POkemon.
    Entry: It uses the leaf on its head to determine the temperature and humidity. It loves to sunbathe.

"She was eating maple syrup and got her head covered in it, it was so funny. The next thing I knew though, she was being carried away by a bunch of Ledyba." Kent said looking at his feet.

"Oh that's it? Her head is covered in maple syrup then! That's easy to smell!" Max said.

Kent looked at him questioningly and Max climbed up on to a high tree branch. There were a few different scents of ample syrup, but one was totally going in the opposite directions.

Max opened his eyes and climbed down from the branch. "Follow me!" he shouted darting off towards the scent. Kent followed and in a few minutes they spotted her. She was still being carried off, but the Ledyba were low and very slow.

"Use Quick Attack to get Cyndaquil back!" Max shouted.

Scyther instantly shot from his spot and slammed in to the Ledyba, knocking them away. He grabbed CHikorita gently with his scythes and dashed back over to Max and the gym leader.

The Ledyba got up and glared at Scyther angrily, but as Scyther glared back at them they retreated and flew away. Max patted Scyther on the back and looked up at Kent hopefully.

"Ok...I'm ready now." he said.

Max smiled and walked over to the other side of the opening and waited for Kent to start the battle off this time.

"Chikorita use Razor Leaf!" Kent shouted.

"Scyther use Pursuit!" Max replied.

The Chikorita started wildly shaking the leaf on her head around in a circle. Suddenly, tons of razor sharp leaves were spinning towards Scyther. Scyther quickly retreated to the shadows, making him disappear.

Chikorita stood where she was, calmly. Kent had probably trained both of his Poekmon to act like they didn't care or didn't know what was going on when something happened.

Scyther appeared behind Chikorita and he kicked her out of the way. Chikroita yelped, but skidded on her feet across the floor. She stood up straight and glared at Scyther, and Scyther glared back at her.

"Ok! Now use Silver Wind!" Max replied.

"Use Tackle!" Kent tried to counter.

Scyther placed his scythes in a x figure, and began wildly buzzing his wings. CHikorita was already bounding towards him, though, and was almost there. Suddenly, she leapt up a little and slammed in to Scyther.

Scyther fell back to the ground, but quickly shot to his feet away form Chikorita, but facing her direction. He then slashed the air and the air powered by Scyther's slashes was sent tumbling towards Chikorita.

"Dodge it!" Kent shouted.

But Chikorita just stoo there wide-eyed. It was as if she was petrified. Then, the air slammed in to her and she was sent flying back. She tumbled across the ground and stopped moving at the base of a tree.

Chikorita got up and glared at Scyther, very angry now. Scyther glared back at her, his eyes full of concentration. Scyther placed his scythes on his side, instead of sharpening them this time.

"Ok! Use Synthesis!" Kent shouted.

"What's Synthesis? oh well Scyther use Flase Swipe!" Max shouted.

Scyther stod there, wondering what Synthesis would do. Suddenly, CHikorita glowed a faint greenish color and Scyther dashed off to attack her, thinking she was evolving. Then, Max figured it out. She was regaining her HP!

Scyther quickly slashed at her, knocking her amost down, but she returned to normal color. Scyther canceled the healing. She had regained some, but not much compared to how Scyther slashed across her body.

Chikorita regained her balance and she stood there, waiting for the next command. "Se Razor Leaf!" Kent suddenly shouted. Max was getting ready to shout a command, but Chikorita was to fast.

She shot out a barage of razor sharp leaves, and each hit Scyther. Scyther flew back in to a maple tree from the impact, thank the lord it didn't have a bucket of maple syrup sitting on a branch.

Scyther got up, slowly, but he did. He stared at Chikorita, rubbing a slash a leaf had made on his side. Max watched as the red liquid slowly oozed out of the wound. It reminded him of so much...pain.

Max shut his eyes closed and then opened them again to focus on the battle. By Kent's confused expression max knew he had seen Max do what he just did. "Scyther use Silver wind!" Max shouted.

"Use Razor Leaf!" Kent shouted.

Chikorita shot out the barage of razor sharp leaves again. Scyther acted quickly. He buzzed his wings swiftly and slashed at the air in front of him. The air then tumbled through the air, and slamemd in to the leaves knocking them away and it kept on going.

But, some leaves penetrated the wind and came for Scyther still. The air slamemd in to CHikorita and sent her rolling away, whiel a few leaves slammed in to Scyther, senidng him flying back.

Dust flew in to the air, and Max or Kent couldn't see a thing. Max gritted hsi teet together, figuring Scyther was either knocked out or seriously damaged. The dust soon settled and both Scyther and Chikorita were standing, having a stare off.

Suddenly, both Pokemon smiled and Chikorita collapsed to the ground knocked out. Max smiled a little and returned Scyther as Kent returned CHikorita. Kent reached in to his pocket and pulled out another badge.

"Hey, Max, here ya go. That last badge was a fake. You don't seriously think that I would let you have a badge without beating me, right?" Kent said tossing another one to Max.

Max stood there smiling at Kent, and caught the badge. He was right. It was alot shinier and stiffer then the last one. He reached in to his knapsack and pulled out the case. He popped the case open and replaced the fake badge with the real one.

"Thanks, Kent. Good battle. Maybe some other time we could have a rematch?" Max asked.

Kent smiled and then nodded. "I'd like that. I'd like to see how much stronger you'll get then." and with that Kent turned around and left. LEaving Max to stare at his first real gym badge. He closed the case, but still stood there smiling. Kent was probably his first friend, and he was a gym leader! Awesome!

END

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Pikalover10: Good battle, but what point you mentioned Chikorita as Cyndaquil. lol. :) Anyway, Scyther grew to level 18 and learned Agility!

Alright, everyone! The next chapter should be up tommorow, so finish up all of your posts! If you all hurry through the next chapter and into the next town, a 'surprised' Legendary appearence should take place. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back